Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dobra 14:17 - Aug 30 with 1727 viewsburnsieespana

EADT saying we will be taking him on loan.
Personally am against it as not a proven goalscorer, another inexperienced youngster likely to impede the progress of our own so in a nutshell I feel would be lazy recruitment unless he is coming for very little money
We need somebody who can get us 10/15 goals this season which Dobra won't.
Dobra on 15:32 - Aug 30 with 1701 viewsdurham_exile

Burnsie - sadly we are not going to get a 20+ proven goal scorerthis transfer window and so the Ipswich prodigy Armando Dobra will be joining on loan instead.

Although born in London the 20 year old 1.70m tall Right Winger qualifies to play for Albania.

Therefore we must use the talents at our disposal instead. Play Jasper as an out and out striker and stop asking him to track back to fill in at left back.

Samson Tovide could also be employed as striker. Michael Folivi when fit should be offered a contract a nd he can play up front.

Freddie Sears does not have the pace up front and Big Frank is out of form at present.

Essentially we must go with what we have.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Dobra on 17:44 - Aug 31 with 1585 viewsmfb_cufc

Dobra signing finally officially confirmed.

https://www.cu-fc.com/news/2021/august/dobra-signs-on-loan/
[Post edited 31 Aug 2021 21:25]

mfb

Dobra on 20:00 - Aug 31 with 1540 viewsburnsieespana

Friend says a brilliant signing for us but don't see it myself.
Feel it will impede development of,bfor example Chilvers and doesn't solve our problem of a goal scorer. Just don't get this s signing.
Dobra on 00:00 - Sep 1 with 1488 viewsghughes11

I think we were after Drogba but got Dobra instead?

Poll: What was the main reason for the Col U win versus Carlisle?

Dobra on 00:01 - Sep 1 with 1488 viewsdurham_exile

Dobra on 20:00 - Aug 31 by burnsieespana

Friend says a brilliant signing for us but don't see it myself.
Feel it will impede development of,bfor example Chilvers and doesn't solve our problem of a goal scorer. Just don't get this s signing.

Burnsie -

The only way I see this working is if HM plays Dobra and Jasper up front with Big Frank

Something like this:

George

Welch-Hayes Chambers Smith Daniels

Wiredu Skuse Chilvers

Dobra Nouble Jasper

Subs

Eastman Tovide Turner Kennedy Coxe Hannant Judge

Perhaps the Sutton game is the perfect opportunity to try it out.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Dobra on 00:14 - Sep 1 with 1486 viewsghughes11

Dobra on 00:01 - Sep 1 by durham_exile

Burnsie -

The only way I see this working is if HM plays Dobra and Jasper up front with Big Frank

Something like this:

George

Welch-Hayes Chambers Smith Daniels

Wiredu Skuse Chilvers

Dobra Nouble Jasper

Subs

Eastman Tovide Turner Kennedy Coxe Hannant Judge

Perhaps the Sutton game is the perfect opportunity to try it out.

Up the U's

What have you done to Sears Durham?

Someone was asking on the official message board about Tovide?
How many goals has he scored for the U23s and U18s that he deserves a place on the bench all the time? I wonder if he'll start versus The Gills in the EFL Trophy next Tues?

Poll: What was the main reason for the Col U win versus Carlisle?

Dobra on 05:45 - Sep 1 with 1480 viewsnoah4x4

What joy, another Ipswich cast off with the Tractor Boys struggling having given this boy his chance. He and the other discards are evidently considered not good enough for Portman Road. Ball and Humes seem to be assembling a replica of a proven to fail team. Doesn't make any sense to me, especially when we need a proper striker. Or is he the new Harriott?
Dobra on 07:35 - Sep 1 with 1471 viewsburnsieespana

I see Theo has joined Bradford City.
I wonder if we were ever seriously interested in resigning him.
Login to get fewer ads

Dobra on 08:32 - Sep 1 with 1460 viewsbwildered

Dobra on 05:45 - Sep 1 by noah4x4

What joy, another Ipswich cast off with the Tractor Boys struggling having given this boy his chance. He and the other discards are evidently considered not good enough for Portman Road. Ball and Humes seem to be assembling a replica of a proven to fail team. Doesn't make any sense to me, especially when we need a proper striker. Or is he the new Harriott?

From the outside another lazy signing from the Tractorboys .Could be the new Harriott or Senior, time will tell .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Dobra on 10:30 - Sep 1 with 1432 viewsdurham_exile

Dobra on 00:14 - Sep 1 by ghughes11

What have you done to Sears Durham?

Someone was asking on the official message board about Tovide?
How many goals has he scored for the U23s and U18s that he deserves a place on the bench all the time? I wonder if he'll start versus The Gills in the EFL Trophy next Tues?

Ghughes11 don't get me wrong I like Sears and he is a favourite of the faithful but he lacks pace and fails to link up with Big Frank to form an effective partnership.

Jasper must start and if we have loaned Dobra to play up front then they must play alongside Nouble.

I don't think Sears Jasper and Dobra would be the same force as Jasper Dobra and Nouble.

Especially as it looks as though we will not be making any further signings. But good news we didn't lose anyone either.

Regarding Tovide he must get an opportunity perhaps as a sub against Sutton and definitely in the Gills game.

Frankly there is no point in signing Dobra and then keeping him on the bench.

Having watched both Stockport and Wrexham in different games recently I have watched Mullin and other big money signings and they do know where the goal is.

Our frustration is borne out of failing to convert chances.
I would also like to see more shots from Chilvers and Wiredu who can weigh in with goals.

Sutton must be put to the sword on Saturday if we are serious about promotion.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Dobra on 13:11 - Sep 1 with 1406 viewsburnsieespana

Personally I don't get the signing of Dobra if for no other reason it will likely impede the progress of our own younger players
As I said a friend of mine who is an Ipswich supporter reckons Dobra a really good signing for us and he can't understand why they have loaned him out
I can't see Dobra scoring many goals and that in a nutshell is our problem and has been for sometime.
Maybe Chilvers can contribute ten from midfield a bit like Sammy used to do but Frank and Freddie seem to have lost the ability to put the ball in the net from open play then who else have we got!
I think Skuse has only scored about five in his entire career so not him
All in all I think Dobra was lazy recruiting unless we have got him for very little outlay
Dobra on 14:52 - Sep 1 with 1390 viewsdurham_exile

Dobra on 13:11 - Sep 1 by burnsieespana

Personally I don't get the signing of Dobra if for no other reason it will likely impede the progress of our own younger players
As I said a friend of mine who is an Ipswich supporter reckons Dobra a really good signing for us and he can't understand why they have loaned him out
I can't see Dobra scoring many goals and that in a nutshell is our problem and has been for sometime.
Maybe Chilvers can contribute ten from midfield a bit like Sammy used to do but Frank and Freddie seem to have lost the ability to put the ball in the net from open play then who else have we got!
All in all I think Dobra was lazy recruiting unless we have got him for very little outlay

Burnsie if and it's a big if we ever got the chance to sign Jasper then we should because he is like lightning.

Still solving the striker problem might be alleviated if we can eventually sign Folivi.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Dobra on 21:28 - Sep 1 with 1341 viewsmfb_cufc

Dobra on 13:11 - Sep 1 by burnsieespana

I agree with your friend, Dobra is a really good signing. We need to get out of this Division, and we will only do it by signing players as good as Dobra. As for his signing impeding the progress of our own young players, two seasons ago we paid a reported £300k for Jevani Brown, but he was kept out of the starting line up by Poku. It goes to show that if the young players are good enough they will be picked.

mfb

Dobra on 09:30 - Sep 2 with 1294 viewsburnsieespana

Dobra on 21:28 - Sep 1 by mfb_cufc

I agree with your friend, Dobra is a really good signing. We need to get out of this Division, and we will only do it by signing players as good as Dobra. As for his signing impeding the progress of our own young players, two seasons ago we paid a reported £300k for Jevani Brown, but he was kept out of the starting line up by Poku. It goes to show that if the young players are good enough they will be picked.

Good to hear your positive comment Mick about Dobra.
Is he capable of scoring the goals we need from midfield/wide positions in your view?
Dobra on 10:43 - Sep 2 with 1283 viewsdurham_exile

Dobra on 09:30 - Sep 2 by burnsieespana

Is he capable of scoring the goals we need from midfield/wide positions in your view?

Burnsie - MIck is closer to these things than I and I haven't seen Dobra play yet (i watched the Ipswich friendly on COLU TV and very entertaining it was) I dont remember him from the game although from all accounts he played very well.

If we going to play him then a pace attack with Jasper and Dobra and Big fRank is the bold move.

I note that Dobra himself says he can play across the front three but his favourite position is a number 10. Alan Judge and Cole Skuse can both also play in that position.

Sadly I can't watch the Sutton game because of the arcane laws governing Saturday 1500hrs games in this Country but I will be at Barrow and so should get an idea about his abilities then.

Your question was can he score the goals that we need. I can't answer that (yet) but would say that if he and Jasper are given free rein then if Frank gets service by means of crosses and links up with those two then perhaps and we also need Wiredu and Chilvers to shoot more from outside of the box.

Freddie Sears must not be discounted but his pace is reduced and he fails to create too many chances in the box but he can score penalties.

I still see Michael Folivi as a longer term option once fit and if we offer him a contract!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Dobra on 12:28 - Sep 2 with 1274 viewswessex_exile

I think it's a great signing for the U's, particularly as there were a host of not only League 2 but also League 1 clubs after him. I was hoping to have been at the Sutton United game to see his debut, but I'm not sure I can make it now, so unfortunately like you Durham, it might have to be back to iFollow commentary.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Dobra on 12:53 - Sep 2 with 1264 viewsmfb_cufc

Dobra on 09:30 - Sep 2 by burnsieespana

His record of 2 goals from 30 games for Ipswich suggests he is not going to be a prolific goalscorer, but it all depends on where we want him to play. I would like to see him used as a striker. I think it is something we could try, as has got the skill and pace to frighten defenders.

mfb

Dobra on 13:05 - Sep 2 with 1262 viewsmfb_cufc

Dobra on 10:43 - Sep 2 by durham_exile

Burnsie - MIck is closer to these things than I and I haven't seen Dobra play yet (i watched the Ipswich friendly on COLU TV and very entertaining it was) I dont remember him from the game although from all accounts he played very well.

If we going to play him then a pace attack with Jasper and Dobra and Big fRank is the bold move.

I note that Dobra himself says he can play across the front three but his favourite position is a number 10. Alan Judge and Cole Skuse can both also play in that position.

Sadly I can't watch the Sutton game because of the arcane laws governing Saturday 1500hrs games in this Country but I will be at Barrow and so should get an idea about his abilities then.

Your question was can he score the goals that we need. I can't answer that (yet) but would say that if he and Jasper are given free rein then if Frank gets service by means of crosses and links up with those two then perhaps and we also need Wiredu and Chilvers to shoot more from outside of the box.

Freddie Sears must not be discounted but his pace is reduced and he fails to create too many chances in the box but he can score penalties.

I still see Michael Folivi as a longer term option once fit and if we offer him a contract!

Up the U's

Durham and wessex, I have looked at the ifollow page for Video match pass, and the next game is tomorrows against Sutton. I think it is because it is an International break Saturday. I seem to remember that has been the case in the past.

mfb

Dobra on 16:19 - Sep 2 with 1246 viewsdurham_exile

Dobra on 13:05 - Sep 2 by mfb_cufc

Durham and wessex, I have looked at the ifollow page for Video match pass, and the next game is tomorrows against Sutton. I think it is because it is an International break Saturday. I seem to remember that has been the case in the past.

Mick, excellent news for Wessex and I and other Exiles.

First look at Dobra, Jasper and Big Frank as a front three!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Dobra on 17:11 - Sep 2 with 1244 viewswessex_exile

Dobra on 16:19 - Sep 2 by durham_exile

Mick, excellent news for Wessex and I and other Exiles.

First look at Dobra, Jasper and Big Frank as a front three!

Up the U's

Brilliant news! Thanks Mick

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Dobra on 18:38 - Sep 2 with 1225 viewsburnsieespana

I will be at the game on Saturday so look forward to seeing how Dobra performs along with all our other newish boys!
Dobra on 18:43 - Sep 2 with 1222 viewsdurham_exile

Dobra on 18:38 - Sep 2 by burnsieespana

I will be at the game on Saturday so look forward to seeing how Dobra performs along with all our other newish boys!

burnsie - brilliant news.
Would definitely appreciate your thoughts after the match.

Plenty to consider:
Attendance
Facilities
Cashless Stadium
Parking or Transport
Team Selection
Player performances
and the Scoreline!!!!!!!

Safe flight and journey
Enjoy the game

Up the U's

Durham_exile