Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
AFC SUDBURY V COLCHESTER 13:22 - Oct 17 with 1346 viewsBFG

Come On!
AFC SUDBURY V COLCHESTER on 13:24 - Oct 17 with 1339 viewsGOSBTS

Woweee, I’m gonna have split allegiances!!
AFC SUDBURY V COLCHESTER on 13:48 - Oct 17 with 1316 viewsmfb_cufc

AFC Sudbury play in the Isthmian League North - the same division as Maldon & Tiptree.

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/isthmian-football-league-north-division/leagu

Their ground has a capacity of 2,500, with 200 seated. Not likely to be many tickets for U's fans then. Though there is a good chance the game will be on TV.

mfb

AFC SUDBURY V COLCHESTER on 13:59 - Oct 17 with 1308 viewsdurham_exile

AFC SUDBURY V COLCHESTER on 13:48 - Oct 17 by mfb_cufc

AFC Sudbury play in the Isthmian League North - the same division as Maldon & Tiptree.

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/isthmian-football-league-north-division/leagu

Their ground has a capacity of 2,500, with 200 seated. Not likely to be many tickets for U's fans then. Though there is a good chance the game will be on TV.

Of course everyone is sensing an upset
i.e. a Colchester win.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

AFC SUDBURY V COLCHESTER on 14:22 - Oct 17 with 1302 viewsburnsieespana

I suppose it might be switched?
You would hope we can win this one!
AFC SUDBURY V COLCHESTER on 14:29 - Oct 17 with 1299 viewsmfb_cufc

AFC Sudbury are the lowest ranked team left in the Cup (8th tier), just like Marine were last season.

mfb

AFC SUDBURY V COLCHESTER on 14:56 - Oct 17 with 1287 viewsnoah4x4

Given the respective average home crowds, 2,500 is probably enough! But it won’t be enough because the glory hunters and one match wonders will seek priority over loyal fans.

The sensible thing would be switch the game to the Jobserve and split the gate appropriately. Might even be the biggest gate of the season as so many from Suffolk will be willing us to lose and its date is certain to avoid the Ipswich game.

But without Season Tickets, how will the few away tickets that we might receive be allocated? Might those that bought 23x in August get priority? Let’s hope it is not a ballot as it will be the worlds first where one will need as covid declaration merely to enter……

Bet also it is easier to get a bus from Colchester Town to Sudbury rather than Cuckoo Farm….
[Post edited 17 Oct 2021 14:59]
AFC SUDBURY V COLCHESTER on 15:21 - Oct 17 with 1269 viewsburnsieespana

Chambers will be busy that day!
AFC SUDBURY V COLCHESTER on 15:23 - Oct 17 with 1267 viewswessex_exile

AFC SUDBURY V COLCHESTER on 14:22 - Oct 17 by burnsieespana

I suppose it might be switched?
You would hope we can win this one!

I think the rules on switching venues are purely for security/ safety reasons, and the police might be thinking about that, given it's just 15 miles down the road and we do have an unruly element that turns up for matches on occasion. I doubt Sudbury will want it switched though, given their home advantage in cramped conditions and on a plastic pitch - they'll believe they've got a chance of progressing.

They certainly seem pretty pleased with the draw.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024