Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sulphurites to suffer Chemical reaction at the JSCS 18:22 - Oct 15 with 1737 viewsdurham_exile

This time last week I was in the car enroute to Prenton Park with no thought other than a Colchester victory. By 2135hrs the dreadful reality dawned that we are once again embroiled in a relegation fight.

No goals in the last four league games and only one point at Swindon tells its own story.

I deliberately didn’t write a match report last week because I was utterly fed up with the lack lustre second half at Tranmere. First half we started strongly and bossed the early exchanges. Indeed, had Clampin been allowed to take the early free kick we might have been one nil up. Then Tranmere came into the game, but I was incensed at their play acting. Four-time players went to ground as if they had been poleaxed only to get up and sprint around like Gazelles moments later.

The last ten minutes of the half we came back into the game and looked capable of scoring a goal.

The referee had also been hopeless, falling for the Tranmere play acting and refereeing the game like a real homer does. I felt sorry for Big Frank, he was penalised at every challenge whilst nothing was given his way. The cheating from the home side was palpable and disappointing.

However, Melon instilled something into his players at the interval and they came out fired up and took the game to Colchester. We capitulated and although the first goal took a very fortunate deflection to take it over George and into the net there were few complaints about Clarke’s spectacular header which sewed up the points.

A partisan crowd of 7,324 of which there were 167 of the faithful roared their approval and in truth at 1-0 the game was over. It was only then that HM brought Jasper and Chilvers on after 66 minutes for Hannant (who was awful) and Judge who played poorly and we perked up so much ironically after their second goal so that we threatened a goal which would have made an interesting finish.

Jasper was booked for an off the ball incident with a ball boy who refused to give the ball back. Worse was to follow after the game when missiles were thrown at the supporters coach smashing a window and delaying their departure.

Jasper made an instant impact with a mazy run leaving four defenders in his wake and had Chilvers shot gone in from the edge of the box it would have been 1-1. When Big Frank was substituted for Samson Tovide the faithful cheered and I have to say that it is time for Big Frank to sit on the bench. So, another 2-0 defeat and this means the pressure is really on tomorrow at home to the Sulphurites.

There was also a very unpleasant incident of overt racism from a handful of Tranmere supporters in the Johnny King stand towards Sylvester Jasper’s father who was sitting just down from us in the Cowshed stand with the faithful. My son filmed the incident and sent it to the Tranmere Rovers press officer and also to Sky Sports Kick it Out helpline, but nothing has been heard since which is both depressing and proves that we will never stamp out this obscenity until something concrete is done.

Seeing Steven Gillespie at half time in the queue for food with his sons was something of note.

Anyway, last week I suggested the following line up:

George
Tchamadeu Eastman Chambers Daniels
Wiredu Skuse Chilvers
Jasper Tovide Nouble

HM however lined up:

George
Coxe Eastman Chambers Clampin
Skuse Wiredu
Hannant Judge Sears
Nouble

Tomorrow we play Harrogate Town. Now no disrespect to Harrogate but frankly this is how bad things have become when we almost fear a former non-league team riding high in the league and who have despatched the bottom team 6-1 in their last game.

The team owes the supporters much more than this dreadful fare which is being served up at Home.

HM has Smith back from Bahrain where he played a part in both games against Curacao and Bahrain, whilst Dobra played both U21 games against Andorra and Slovenia which they both won. I suspect that both will be back in the squad tomorrow.

It seems likely that Charlie Daniels is still injured and so Clampin will again start but I would like to see Junior Tchamadeu start against Harrogate.

Luke Hannant should be dropped he is awful; I think that he is suffering from long Covid and must be passed fully fit before he plays again for the first team. Three times last week he started off, almost reached the half way line and immediately stopped and played a ball backwards, he has no pace going forward at all.

Just a reminder of how bad things are:

1 FGR 11 23
2 Harrogate 11 22
3 Swindon 11 19

20 COL U 10 10

HM must be bold in his selection if we are to score a goal (at least) and end this drought which is engulfing the team and giving the faithful every opportunity to say I will do something else on a Saturday afternoon rather than go to the JSCS.

So let us please try the following:

George

Tchamadeu Chambers Eastman Clampin

Wiredu Skuse Chilvers

Jasper Tovide Dobra

Subs:

Turner
Cooper
Kennedy
Smith
Judge
Sears
Nouble

Thinking — Shamal George the easiest selection. Junior Tchamadeu is good enough and should play, Eastman and Chambers plus Clampin (although if fit I would play Charlie Daniels at left back).

I wonder why we have a right back on loan from Solihull when our own Academy product sits on the bench.

Midfield — it is criminal not to play Chilvers and Cole Skuse is excellent whilst Brendan Wiredu is outstanding.

That leaves the unthinkable Big Frank is dropped, I’m sorry but it has to be done. Instead let’s have genuine pace with Jasper and Dobra supporting Samson Tovide who should play Number 9 in a three-up front.

Our recent managers have all suffered from fear — fear of losing and so have set up defensively but here’s the thing every time we have done so we have been poor and encouraged the opposition to come onto us. At Barrow with ten men on the field it was almost as if the players decided the outcome by not sitting back and instead playing to our strengths. The camaraderie was clear for all to see and the reaction of the team at the end of the game was something to behold.

Take the game to the opposition and try something different. Our play with Sears and Big Frank is one dimensional, they do not link up and we look so predictable.

Harrogate would not like to face genuine pace and trickery. Tranmere looked out of sorts when Jasper came on and played with skill and pace. Simon Weaver and his charges may have to guard against complacency and that should work to our advantage.

I think we have to face facts that the club is reluctant to consider another striker and that is a huge mistake. Folivi when fit will offer some pace and goals. I have long ago given up on Triallist B and all the other decent strikers are already playing for their respective teams. But we do need someone!

HM wants the other players to weigh in with goals, but ultimately it is all about giving some service to the strikers and that can come from Wiredu and Chilvers.

The forecast is for 13 degrees Celsius and mostly cloudy but dry at Colchester tomorrow.

The pitch should be in pristine condition and the crowd will be 2,500 at best.

Try to enjoy the game.

Oh, the scoreline. A surprise - a home win with Tovide and Jasper settling the affair in a 2-0 game.

On Sunday at 1pm Ball Number 12 will be drawn out of the hat in the FA Cup 1st Round proper. Can we at least win the opening two rounds and give the long suffering fans something to look forward in January with the Third Round draw.

Up the bold and inventive U’s

Durham_exile

Sulphurites to suffer Chemical reaction at the JSCS on 19:21 - Oct 15 with 989 viewsnoah4x4

Blimey, an epic of War & Peace like proportions about a team that is more like Toy Story than Tolstoy……wooded puppets, a bunch of misfits, calamitous and led by Mr Potato-head.

A great read Durham, but sadly Humes won’t read this and continued pressure will be on Mullins to start with the same old dross. Unfortunately, Sears and Nouble will start, with Eastman and Chilvers left on the bench, simply because our DOF must justify his naff decisions to the Chairman, who has stopped listening to the fans. Hoping for a miracle, but can’t see it happening.
Sulphurites to suffer Chemical reaction at the JSCS on 22:07 - Oct 15 with 934 viewsdurham_exile

Sulphurites to suffer Chemical reaction at the JSCS on 19:21 - Oct 15 by noah4x4

Blimey, an epic of War & Peace like proportions about a team that is more like Toy Story than Tolstoy……wooded puppets, a bunch of misfits, calamitous and led by Mr Potato-head.

A great read Durham, but sadly Humes won’t read this and continued pressure will be on Mullins to start with the same old dross. Unfortunately, Sears and Nouble will start, with Eastman and Chilvers left on the bench, simply because our DOF must justify his naff decisions to the Chairman, who has stopped listening to the fans. Hoping for a miracle, but can’t see it happening.

Noah - a great man once said "if things don't change, they stay the same"

Unfortunately for Colchester United we simply have to change the starting line up because it ain't working.

Another Home defeat tomorrow will only see the home crowd dwindle still further.

Quite frankly the faithful deserve much better that this current lack lustre effort.

HM must be bold and bring in the key youngsters who will make a difference.

They are undoubtedly good enough and must now be asked to do what their so called illustrious counterparts cannot.

No-one is undroppable and the old adege is you always play your best players. But in this case it is a question of dropping those who simply are not performing.

Reputation and past glory at the club counts for nothing when we are toothless in attack and failing to score even one goal.

I do hope that HM is brave enough to drop Big Frank, Freddie Sears and instead to play a pacy and youthful front three.

Anyway I've had my say, let us hope that somehow we can fashion a home victory tomorrow which will invigorate what is fast becoming a grim season again.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Sulphurites to suffer Chemical reaction at the JSCS on 10:53 - Oct 16 with 869 viewsdurham_exile

This is why I'm so angry at present.........

The Harrogate Advertiser that august organ of the Free Press, reports:

"The Sulphurites, who visit struggling Colchester United, were in irresistible form last time out, netting five before half-time as they thrashed Scunthorpe 6-1..........
Town have had no such issues in front of goal and are currently the most prolific team in the division, with Championship Fulham the only side in the Football League to have scored as many league goals (23) as them this term.
And as far as Weaver is concerned, his attackers being permitted creative licence while in possession of the football is one of the key reasons behind their effectiveness going forwards."

All the more reason to shut these upstarts up and see them off this afternoon.

We are playing for more than just pride this afternoon. This embarrassment must end today. The players must stand up and be counted and record a first home league win of the season.

A copy of the Harrogate Advertiser should be pinned up in the Home dressing room just in case anyone has a problem understanding the importance of a home win.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Sulphurites to suffer Chemical reaction at the JSCS on 10:56 - Oct 16 with 868 viewsbwildered

Another home defeat might cause a stink !!

All the usual blab, which we now have many, a time previous about fortress etc , but the bottom line is if you do not score goals you cannot compete .
One point from twelve at home suggests a Fourth qualifying FA cup round this time next season if results do not improve. Perhaps we have just getting in early for our usual / obligatory winless ten game season losing streak .
[Post edited 16 Oct 2021 12:19]

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Sulphurites to suffer Chemical reaction at the JSCS on 13:23 - Oct 16 with 828 viewsdurham_exile

Sulphurites to suffer Chemical reaction at the JSCS on 10:56 - Oct 16 by bwildered

Another home defeat might cause a stink !!

All the usual blab, which we now have many, a time previous about fortress etc , but the bottom line is if you do not score goals you cannot compete .
One point from twelve at home suggests a Fourth qualifying FA cup round this time next season if results do not improve. Perhaps we have just getting in early for our usual / obligatory winless ten game season losing streak .
[Post edited 16 Oct 2021 12:19]

Grim times indeed bwildered.

Keep the faith!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Sulphurites to suffer Chemical reaction at the JSCS on 14:08 - Oct 16 with 812 viewsdurham_exile

Sulphurites to suffer Chemical reaction at the JSCS on 13:23 - Oct 16 by durham_exile

Grim times indeed bwildered.

Keep the faith!

Up the U's

No imagination or courage

George
Tchamadeu Chambers Eastman Daniels
Hannant Wiredu Skuse Chilvers
Nouble Sears

Very disappointed not to see the youngsters in attacking roles.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Sulphurites to suffer Chemical reaction at the JSCS on 14:08 - Oct 16 with 812 viewsmfb_cufc

Team: George, Tchamadeu, Chambers, Eastman, Daniels, Skuse, Wiredu, Chilvers, Hannant, Nouble, Sears

Subs: Turner, Smith, Coxe, Kennedy, Dobra, Jasper, Tovide

Just beat me to it durham. Hannant, Nouble and Sears still starting. Might as well just give Harrogate the 3 points without bothering to play the game.
[Post edited 16 Oct 2021 14:12]

mfb

Sulphurites to suffer Chemical reaction at the JSCS on 14:44 - Oct 16 with 801 viewsdurham_exile

Sulphurites to suffer Chemical reaction at the JSCS on 14:08 - Oct 16 by mfb_cufc

Team: George, Tchamadeu, Chambers, Eastman, Daniels, Skuse, Wiredu, Chilvers, Hannant, Nouble, Sears

Subs: Turner, Smith, Coxe, Kennedy, Dobra, Jasper, Tovide

Just beat me to it durham. Hannant, Nouble and Sears still starting. Might as well just give Harrogate the 3 points without bothering to play the game.
[Post edited 16 Oct 2021 14:12]

Perhaps conveniently the Tannoy system is not working at the JSCS today.

Things can only get better.

Up the silent U's

Durham_exile

Login to get fewer ads

Sulphurites to suffer Chemical reaction at the JSCS on 15:08 - Oct 16 with 793 viewsMoor_Pinot

Sulphurites to suffer Chemical reaction at the JSCS on 14:44 - Oct 16 by durham_exile

Perhaps conveniently the Tannoy system is not working at the JSCS today.

Things can only get better.

Up the silent U's

Pathetic cowardly team selection.
How can management miss what everybody else sees.
Opportunities wasted again.
Unless we turn this round before December we're looking at a problem.

Hope the team prove me wrong but you should be selected on merit. A proportion of this XI are not worth the place.

Moor Pinot

Sulphurites to suffer Chemical reaction at the JSCS on 15:37 - Oct 16 with 782 viewsTheOldOakTree

Watching the live text on BBC, never mind the score, with a Will Smith in the team, please someone tell me that Harrogate are in their all black strip.

"Here come the MIB"
Sulphurites to suffer Chemical reaction at the JSCS on 15:45 - Oct 16 with 774 viewswessex_exile

Sulphurites to suffer Chemical reaction at the JSCS on 15:37 - Oct 16 by TheOldOakTree

Watching the live text on BBC, never mind the score, with a Will Smith in the team, please someone tell me that Harrogate are in their all black strip.

"Here come the MIB"

LOL - I think they are. Let's hope if the U's lose he deploys his neuralyser at full time so none of us remember it :-)

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Sulphurites to suffer Chemical reaction at the JSCS on 16:00 - Oct 16 with 763 viewsTheOldOakTree

Sulphurites to suffer Chemical reaction at the JSCS on 15:45 - Oct 16 by wessex_exile

LOL - I think they are. Let's hope if the U's lose he deploys his neuralyser at full time so none of us remember it :-)

It's worse than I thought, he's a (Galaxy) defender.

He wasn't even born when the film came out! .....ouch.

If someone said at 3pm it will be 0-0 at H-T, I'd have taken it. More of the same second half and a scrappy rebound to wim it in injury time.
Sulphurites to suffer Chemical reaction at the JSCS on 16:03 - Oct 16 with 763 viewsdurham_exile

Sulphurites to suffer Chemical reaction at the JSCS on 15:45 - Oct 16 by wessex_exile

Galaxy Defenders!

Big second half to come.

Bring on Dobra, Tovide and Jasper

Up the goal shy U's

Jeff Stelling delights in rubbishing the U's the only home goal was a 95th minute penalty.

Just as long as Hartlepool lose.

Come on the U's

Durham_exile

Sulphurites to suffer Chemical reaction at the JSCS on 16:21 - Oct 16 with 751 viewsdurham_exile

Sulphurites to suffer Chemical reaction at the JSCS on 16:03 - Oct 16 by durham_exile

Galaxy Defenders!

Big second half to come.

Up the goal shy U's

Jeff Stelling delights in rubbishing the U's the only home goal was a 95th minute penalty.

Come on the U's

Come on HM be bold change it up bring on the youngsters.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Sulphurites to suffer Chemical reaction at the JSCS on 16:24 - Oct 16 with 749 viewsdurham_exile

Sulphurites to suffer Chemical reaction at the JSCS on 16:21 - Oct 16 by durham_exile

Come on HM be bold change it up bring on the youngsters.

Up the U's

Jasper on for Chilvers

Durham_exile

Sulphurites to suffer Chemical reaction at the JSCS on 16:25 - Oct 16 with 749 viewsMoor_Pinot

Sulphurites to suffer Chemical reaction at the JSCS on 16:03 - Oct 16 by durham_exile

Galaxy Defenders!

Big second half to come.

Up the goal shy U's

Come on the U's

Stelling has every right because it's factually true and the 95th minute goal was a ropey penalty that was not, scored by a striker who isn't. We will be laughed at until the worm turns. Hartlepool is a smaller town than Colchester with twice the average crowd........
If ever it does.

Moor Pinot

Sulphurites to suffer Chemical reaction at the JSCS on 16:31 - Oct 16 with 746 viewsdurham_exile

Sulphurites to suffer Chemical reaction at the JSCS on 16:25 - Oct 16 by Moor_Pinot

Stelling has every right because it's factually true and the 95th minute goal was a ropey penalty that was not, scored by a striker who isn't. We will be laughed at until the worm turns. Hartlepool is a smaller town than Colchester with twice the average crowd........
If ever it does.

Bring on Tovide with 20 to play.

Do we want to win or not.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Sulphurites to suffer Chemical reaction at the JSCS on 16:39 - Oct 16 with 741 viewsdurham_exile

Sulphurites to suffer Chemical reaction at the JSCS on 16:31 - Oct 16 by durham_exile

Bring on Tovide with 20 to play.

Do we want to win or not.

Up the U's

HM has no courage.
We must take chances to try and win and bring on Tovide.

Seriously do we want to win a football match.

Come on

Durham_exile

Sulphurites to suffer Chemical reaction at the JSCS on 16:41 - Oct 16 with 736 viewswessex_exile

Sulphurites to suffer Chemical reaction at the JSCS on 16:39 - Oct 16 by durham_exile

HM has no courage.
We must take chances to try and win and bring on Tovide.

Seriously do we want to win a football match.

Come on

He's on now!

Up the U's

Sulphurites to suffer Chemical reaction at the JSCS on 16:42 - Oct 16 with 734 viewsdurham_exile

Sulphurites to suffer Chemical reaction at the JSCS on 16:41 - Oct 16 by wessex_exile

He's on now!

At last and a whole six minutes for the lad.

Durham_exile

Sulphurites to suffer Chemical reaction at the JSCS on 16:45 - Oct 16 with 732 viewsdurham_exile

Sulphurites to suffer Chemical reaction at the JSCS on 16:42 - Oct 16 by durham_exile

4 shots and none on target

Sadly tells its own story

Come on

Durham_exile

Sulphurites to suffer Chemical reaction at the JSCS on 16:45 - Oct 16 with 731 viewswessex_exile

Sulphurites to suffer Chemical reaction at the JSCS on 16:42 - Oct 16 by durham_exile

COME ON!!!!!!!!

Up the U's

Sulphurites to suffer Chemical reaction at the JSCS on 16:46 - Oct 16 with 731 viewsdurham_exile

Sulphurites to suffer Chemical reaction at the JSCS on 16:45 - Oct 16 by durham_exile

4 shots and none on target

Sadly tells its own story

Come on

Jasper

Durham_exile

Sulphurites to suffer Chemical reaction at the JSCS on 16:48 - Oct 16 with 726 viewswessex_exile

Sounded like a beautiful flowing move from Wiredu to set up Jasper - now just hold on U's!

Up the U's

Sulphurites to suffer Chemical reaction at the JSCS on 16:50 - Oct 16 with 723 viewsdurham_exile

Sulphurites to suffer Chemical reaction at the JSCS on 16:48 - Oct 16 by wessex_exile

Sounded like a beautiful flowing move from Wiredu to set up Jasper - now just hold on U's!

Tovide Jasper and Dobra shod all play Tuesday night

Durham_exile

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024