Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bantams to suffer a bout of Avian flu against the Super U's 13:57 - Dec 8 with 699 viewsdurham_exile

At the weekend we played tremendously well and were narrowly beaten by Wigan Athletic. They have drawn Blackburn at home in Round Three. That’s it we move on and take our F A Cup winnings and TV revenue into the War Chest towards a new striker (centre forward) in January.

There is no point in dwelling on what might have been. Yes, we had the better chances and once again a combination of good goalkeeping and poor finishing let us down. But it is back to the league tonight at stuttering Bradford City.

Selected league positions:

1 FGR 19 43
2 Northampton 20 37
3 PV 20 35

7 Orient 20 31

14 Bradford 19 24

19 COL U 18 21

24 Scunny 20 15

Tonight, we travel to the Bantams at Valley Parade to play an interesting encounter against arguably the biggest club in League Two who so far are not living up to their billing. Points are required by both teams and despite our lowly position a win puts us level with Bradford in the table.

HM will be heartened by recent performances however and should go in the knowledge that we do not need to fear the Bantams unduly. Derek Adams has injury worries too with Abo Eisa, Andy Cook, Caolan Lavery and Charles Vernam all missing from the starting line-up. Theo Robinson is likely to get some minutes this evening.

Now the pitch at Valley Parade is always a lottery, particularly in December and so HM needs to consider his line up carefully. It will not be a surface for slick passing and often a route one approach is best to cope with a deeply rutted goal mouth and sticky areas in the centre and down the wings.

It is likely that none of our longer terms injuries will be available, but I do believe that Brendan Wiredu will be fit to start.

Turner

MWH Chambers Smith Daniels

Chilvers Wiredu Skuse

Judge

Jasper Sears

Subs

Gerken Tchamadeu Coxe Hannant Dobra McCoulsky Cooper

The weather in Bradford will be mostly cloudy and 5 degrees Celsius. Fortunately, mainly dry conditions as well after the combination of snow, sleet, rain and strong winds that we have endured for the past 36 hours in Durham!

I am going tonight with my eldest son who is forgoing Man Utd on the box, so I hope that we put on a show for him.

Safe journey to the travelling faithful and let us hope that we can secure the points in an entertaining encounter. 2-1 to the Super U’s.

This weekend sees the U’s on the road again this time to the Bescot Stadium and Walsall.

Enjoy the game.

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Bantams to suffer a bout of Avian flu against the Super U's on 14:00 - Dec 8 with 691 viewsburnsieespana

Thanks for your usual thoughts Durham and be so good to get a win but suspect a draw is more likely
Apart from Freddie we are still struggling to score goals.
Bantams to suffer a bout of Avian flu against the Super U's on 15:15 - Dec 8 with 673 viewswessex_exile

Safe travelling to you and your lad Durham, hope the U's do you proud.

Although it is a familiar moan, Sunday wasn't helped by some terrible decisions by not just the referee but his linesmen as well. Never mind the penalty shout, quite how the linesman thought the Wigan defender had hooked the ball back into play when it was literally feet over the line for a corner was scandalous!

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Bantams to suffer a bout of Avian flu against the Super U's on 15:42 - Dec 8 with 660 viewsdurham_exile

Bantams to suffer a bout of Avian flu against the Super U's on 15:15 - Dec 8 by wessex_exile

Safe travelling to you and your lad Durham, hope the U's do you proud.

Although it is a familiar moan, Sunday wasn't helped by some terrible decisions by not just the referee but his linesmen as well. Never mind the penalty shout, quite how the linesman thought the Wigan defender had hooked the ball back into play when it was literally feet over the line for a corner was scandalous!

I totally agree Wessex.

Apart from the shocking refs, there must be a strong argument for VAR for the EFL clubs.

I know that there might be technology issues to overcome, but it would clear up offside decisions etc.

It is not just the prima-donna players that need the double checks and validation.

Weather is cold but mainly dry today, setting off at 5.30pm.

Enjoy the game.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Bantams to suffer a bout of Avian flu against the Super U's on 16:00 - Dec 8 with 658 viewsMoor_Pinot

Bantams to suffer a bout of Avian flu against the Super U's on 15:42 - Dec 8 by durham_exile

I totally agree Wessex.

Apart from the shocking refs, there must be a strong argument for VAR for the EFL clubs.

I know that there might be technology issues to overcome, but it would clear up offside decisions etc.

It is not just the prima-donna players that need the double checks and validation.

Weather is cold but mainly dry today, setting off at 5.30pm.

Enjoy the game.

Up the U's

Thank you as ever Durham and safe journey. It could be all the French tablets after all the hospital time this year again but I had a dream last night that we won 2-5. I could even tell you the scorers but I won't tempt fate. We did beat em 9-1 once!!

Moor Pinot

Bantams to suffer a bout of Avian flu against the Super U's on 16:08 - Dec 8 with 657 viewsburnsieespana

Bantams to suffer a bout of Avian flu against the Super U's on 16:00 - Dec 8 by Moor_Pinot

Thank you as ever Durham and safe journey. It could be all the French tablets after all the hospital time this year again but I had a dream last night that we won 2-5. I could even tell you the scorers but I won't tempt fate. We did beat em 9-1 once!!

And what a game that was after being beaten 4-1 (I think) on the Boxing day fixture a few days before!
Bantams to suffer a bout of Avian flu against the Super U's on 16:36 - Dec 8 with 647 viewsWitham

The Witham's are in Bradford. Trying to rain but currently not too chilly. Avoid A1 North of Doncaster if coming that way.
Bantams to suffer a bout of Avian flu against the Super U's on 16:45 - Dec 8 with 642 viewsdurham_exile

Bantams to suffer a bout of Avian flu against the Super U's on 16:36 - Dec 8 by Witham

The Witham's are in Bradford. Trying to rain but currently not too chilly. Avoid A1 North of Doncaster if coming that way.

Good to hear you and Mrs Witham are safely in Bradford.

I will be Travelling South down A1 from Scoth Corner and onto M62 via the A1/M1 link.
73 miles door to door.

Enjoy the game.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Bantams to suffer a bout of Avian flu against the Super U's on 19:32 - Dec 8 with 611 viewsnoah4x4

Was due to play league table tennis tonight, but that fixture was postponed at the last minute, and it was too late to travel to Bradford. So I have match on I-Follow.

Socially distanced in my warm study, bottle of a quality Malbec, and no I am not having a party.

U's Team selected is what I would have picked as some in Durham's selection are still not fully fit (IMHO). Here is hoping for a fine away victory.
Login to get fewer ads

Bantams to suffer a bout of Avian flu against the Super U's on 20:01 - Dec 8 with 596 viewsnoah4x4

Bradford expending a lot of energy in first 15 minutes. U's defending well. Will Bradford run out of steam? I think experience and energy conservation might count.
Bantams to suffer a bout of Avian flu against the Super U's on 20:20 - Dec 8 with 578 viewsMoor_Pinot

Bantams to suffer a bout of Avian flu against the Super U's on 19:32 - Dec 8 by noah4x4

Was due to play league table tennis tonight, but that fixture was postponed at the last minute, and it was too late to travel to Bradford. So I have match on I-Follow.

Socially distanced in my warm study, bottle of a quality Malbec, and no I am not having a party.

U's Team selected is what I would have picked as some in Durham's selection are still not fully fit (IMHO). Here is hoping for a fine away victory.

The malbec, French Cahors or from a different country? Quite a rare grape.

Moor Pinot

Bantams to suffer a bout of Avian flu against the Super U's on 20:36 - Dec 8 with 569 viewsnoah4x4

HT 0 0 .
Jake Turner MOM (fair play Bradford), but I reckon we can nick this.
Bantams to suffer a bout of Avian flu against the Super U's on 20:47 - Dec 8 with 559 viewsnoah4x4

Bantams to suffer a bout of Avian flu against the Super U's on 20:20 - Dec 8 by Moor_Pinot

The malbec, French Cahors or from a different country? Quite a rare grape.

This Malbec is "J Opi, A.K.A Rodolpho Sadler".

2020 Mendoza, Argentina, especially selected by Laithwaites in this months box of fine reds. Beautiful bouquet, ripe blackberry and plum, underpinned by elegant smoke and vanilla notes from a touch of oak. Its only failing, first bottle only lasted 43 minutes, so I am renaming it "A.K.A Sly Jasper".
Bantams to suffer a bout of Avian flu against the Super U's on 21:42 - Dec 8 with 519 viewsnoah4x4

Sears through on goal. Handball by keeper outside area! How did the referee miss that?

Will take a point.
Bantams to suffer a bout of Avian flu against the Super U's on 21:42 - Dec 8 with 516 viewswessex_exile

Fantastic point, could have won, could have lost, but definitely deserved the point! Need to see that 'keeper handball again, looked nailed on from here.

Up the U's

Bantams to suffer a bout of Avian flu against the Super U's on 21:44 - Dec 8 with 511 viewsgerry_us

Still need a goalscorer then!
Still, 0-0 away ain't bad though.
Bantams to suffer a bout of Avian flu against the Super U's on 21:50 - Dec 8 with 505 viewsburnsieespana

Decent point.
Keeps the run going.
We had more of the play for once.
Well done the boys and HM.
Bantams to suffer a bout of Avian flu against the Super U's on 21:57 - Dec 8 with 503 viewswessex_exile

Bantams to suffer a bout of Avian flu against the Super U's on 21:50 - Dec 8 by burnsieespana

Decent point.
Keeps the run going.
We had more of the play for once.
Well done the boys and HM.

From their messageboard
We anhilated them 1st half we played really well and created lots of chances
Gillead had there defence on toast
It's a good point against a very experienced Colchester side
There 2 centre Half's were excellent

Up the U's

Bantams to suffer a bout of Avian flu against the Super U's on 22:09 - Dec 8 with 493 viewsnoah4x4

First away point since September.
Bantams to suffer a bout of Avian flu against the Super U's on 23:07 - Dec 8 with 479 viewsLayer_Road_Cat

Bantams to suffer a bout of Avian flu against the Super U's on 22:09 - Dec 8 by noah4x4

First away point since September.

Wow! And our away form was propping up our home form to begin with.
Bantams to suffer a bout of Avian flu against the Super U's on 00:06 - Dec 9 with 470 viewsdurham_exile

Bantams to suffer a bout of Avian flu against the Super U's on 23:07 - Dec 8 by Layer_Road_Cat

Wow! And our away form was propping up our home form to begin with.

Just home from Bradford good journey both ways.

Playing surface best I have ever seen at Valley Parade.
We should have won Alan Judge missed one on one with the keeper in the 48th minute.

Their keeper was given MOTM and he did handle the ball outside the area but ref and his assistant totally missed it.

Much more to follow but tomorrow.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Bantams to suffer a bout of Avian flu against the Super U's on 13:38 - Dec 9 with 399 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Certainly looks like a handball outside the area by the keeper on the highlights. From the chances they had though maybe it was a point gained rather than two points dropped. Also were Bradford playing in their home kit?

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024