Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bring Dom Ball back. 16:42 - Mar 20 with 2011 viewsPaddyhoops

I'm starting a petition here.
Get big Dom back in the team.
I joked at one stage that Warbs was trying to build a team around him.
We could do worse, the way we're playing at the moment.
Bring Dom Ball back. on 16:44 - Mar 20 with 1982 viewsPinnerPaul

Not being rude mate, but we needed about 9 or 10 different players out there today, not just one or two different choices.
Bring Dom Ball back. on 16:45 - Mar 20 with 1963 viewsStreathamRanger

I'm in
Bring Dom Ball back. on 16:46 - Mar 20 with 1949 viewsParkRoyalR

Field was one of very few to have a good game today, Ball is a decent squad player but Field is a level above.
Bring Dom Ball back. on 16:48 - Mar 20 with 1911 viewsPinnerPaul

Bring Dom Ball back. on 16:46 - Mar 20 by ParkRoyalR

Field was one of very few to have a good game today, Ball is a decent squad player but Field is a level above.

Maybe I'm still angry, OK not maybe I am, but no one had a 'good' game, our least worse were Amos and McCullium, thought Field gave away the ball for fun (as did all of them tbf) and the 3rd goal was down to him.
Bring Dom Ball back. on 16:50 - Mar 20 with 1877 viewsLblock

The Dominantor ahead of Jeff the Squad Disruptor every time for me

I’m in

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Bring Dom Ball back. on 16:55 - Mar 20 with 1853 viewsPaddyhoops

Bring Dom Ball back. on 16:44 - Mar 20 by PinnerPaul

Not being rude mate, but we needed about 9 or 10 different players out there today, not just one or two different choices.

In fairness it was said tongue firmly in cheek but it would be interesting to see our stats when he plays.
One thing we can say about him is that he always looks up for it and never hides!!
Bring Dom Ball back. on 16:56 - Mar 20 with 1834 viewsDorse

Dom Ball is kryptonite to opposition teams. They have no idea how to play him because he has no idea what he's going to do next. 25 yard thunderbastard? Karate chop himself in the face? They're both fine choices, says Dom. I'll just tackle the ref, put on a puppet show, hum the Djiboutian national anthem* and see how I feel.

* Dom Ball remix.
Lyrics: 'Yes, no, maybe. I come from Djibouti. Oi!'

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Bring Dom Ball back. on 16:57 - Mar 20 with 1817 viewsStreathamRanger

Bring Dom Ball back. on 16:48 - Mar 20 by PinnerPaul

Maybe I'm still angry, OK not maybe I am, but no one had a 'good' game, our least worse were Amos and McCullium, thought Field gave away the ball for fun (as did all of them tbf) and the 3rd goal was down to him.

The third goal was100% Sanderson getting done by his man. Whether or not someone else loses it in the build up Sanderson should never get done how he did.
Login to get fewer ads

Bring Dom Ball back. on 17:01 - Mar 20 with 1774 viewsPinnerPaul

Bring Dom Ball back. on 16:55 - Mar 20 by Paddyhoops

In fairness it was said tongue firmly in cheek but it would be interesting to see our stats when he plays.
One thing we can say about him is that he always looks up for it and never hides!!

On that last point - totally agree - never disappears even when the going gets tough.
Bring Dom Ball back. on 17:02 - Mar 20 with 1757 viewsPinnerPaul

Bring Dom Ball back. on 16:57 - Mar 20 by StreathamRanger

The third goal was100% Sanderson getting done by his man. Whether or not someone else loses it in the build up Sanderson should never get done how he did.

Well not sure you can blame the goal '100%' on Sanderson, if another player has given them the ball leaving him one on one.
Bring Dom Ball back. on 17:05 - Mar 20 with 1720 viewsessextaxiboy

Dom Ball is not in our best 11 but there is no way he would have stood for that complacent pathetic display .
Bring Dom Ball back. on 17:05 - Mar 20 with 1720 viewsPaddyhoops

Bring Dom Ball back. on 16:56 - Mar 20 by Dorse

Dom Ball is kryptonite to opposition teams. They have no idea how to play him because he has no idea what he's going to do next. 25 yard thunderbastard? Karate chop himself in the face? They're both fine choices, says Dom. I'll just tackle the ref, put on a puppet show, hum the Djiboutian national anthem* and see how I feel.

* Dom Ball remix.
Lyrics: 'Yes, no, maybe. I come from Djibouti. Oi!'

You've cheered led me Right up mate. 🤣🤣
Bring Dom Ball back. on 17:11 - Mar 20 with 1671 viewsParkRoyalR

Bring Dom Ball back. on 16:48 - Mar 20 by PinnerPaul

Completely disagree, Field was very good today, worked his socks off, never gave up, won lots of tackles + headers, a lack of a focal point for our attack and Sanderson being too easily beaten for 1st and 3rd goals were reason we lost that game, not the one instance of Field losing possession.
Bring Dom Ball back. on 17:14 - Mar 20 with 1658 viewsStreathamRanger

Bring Dom Ball back. on 17:02 - Mar 20 by PinnerPaul

Well not sure you can blame the goal '100%' on Sanderson, if another player has given them the ball leaving him one on one.

He was out wide relatively far from danger and gets left for dead. It's piss poor defending regardless of what happened before it. He also let's their player get a shot away in the build up to their equaliser which he shouldn't have. I'm not saying Dunne and Dickie were faultless (poor pen conceded from Dunne) but Sanderson was the worst of the back 3. Barbs must be furious. I know I would be.
Bring Dom Ball back. on 17:16 - Mar 20 with 1647 viewsNed_Kennedys

Bring Dom Ball back. on 17:11 - Mar 20 by ParkRoyalR

Completely disagree, Field was very good today, worked his socks off, never gave up, won lots of tackles + headers, a lack of a focal point for our attack and Sanderson being too easily beaten for 1st and 3rd goals were reason we lost that game, not the one instance of Field losing possession.

No he was certainly not very good: did alright in the first half but just as much to blame as everyone else for that pathetic second half.
Bring Dom Ball back. on 17:27 - Mar 20 with 1588 viewsParkRoyalR

Bring Dom Ball back. on 17:16 - Mar 20 by Ned_Kennedys

No he was certainly not very good: did alright in the first half but just as much to blame as everyone else for that pathetic second half.

Thought Field, Chair + Adomah were very good in the 2nd Half, Austin like playing with 10 men, poor 5 minutes, concede 2 goals and they defended very well.

No Willock no quality in final third, No Dykes and no presence in the penalty box.
Bring Dom Ball back. on 17:36 - Mar 20 with 1560 viewsPunteR

I did say this in the What would you change for Sunday thread.
Once again Warburton hasn't read LFW and changed things accordingly. Patience running thin now.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Bring Dom Ball back. on 17:48 - Mar 20 with 1519 viewsLazyFan

Bring Dom Ball back. on 16:50 - Mar 20 by Lblock

The Dominantor ahead of Jeff the Squad Disruptor every time for me

I’m in

I agree, Hendricks adds nothing to the game. At least Dom would charge around like a headless chicken and probably disrupt the oppo just by being there.

zzzzzzzzzz

Bring Dom Ball back. on 18:09 - Mar 20 with 1473 viewsRangers67

Field had a very poor game today, he won,t alone but he had one
Bring Dom Ball back. (n/t) on 18:43 - Mar 20 with 1399 viewssandsofporto

Bring Dom Ball back. (n/t) on 18:43 - Mar 20 with 1399 viewssandsofporto

Bring Dom Ball back. on 18:44 - Mar 20 with 1387 viewssandsofporto

I agree

Plays always like its his last game, why does Hendrick get in above Dom Ball???????
Bring Dom Ball back. on 18:54 - Mar 20 with 1347 views222gers

Yup, I'd like to see Ball playing for the rest of this season. My mate Jerry Reed would like to see Amos and Moses as well.
Bring Dom Ball back. on 18:56 - Mar 20 with 1337 viewsbosh67

Ball may not be a better technical player than Hendrick but he has the right mentality and work rate for this team. It's very surprising that he hasn't featured at all.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Bring Dom Ball back. on 19:27 - Mar 20 with 1281 viewsswisscottage

There's one thing Dom does well that I haven't seen from any of the other 'holding midfielders.

That is the ability to receive the ball turn and move forward with it.

Occasionally his control lets him down, or he takes it too far, but what it does it break through the oppositions midfield line more often than not when he does it.

We've sorely missed anyone with that ability and for that reason alone he should be playing ahead of Hendricks every day of the week.

Warburton has seemed to take a view that its Field or Ball, and Field is a better player, but I don't understand why he won't play them together when quite frankly we've completely stopped playing the ball through the midfield anyway.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2022 19:29]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024