Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Super U's to find the right Chemistry to defeat the Sulphurites today 10:47 - Apr 2 with 897 viewsdurham_exile

After the euphoria of deservedly defeating Micky Mellon’s fruitless Tranmere Rovers last weekend with a spectacular Junior Tchamadeu crisp top of the net volley in the 94th minute the Super U’s head to the EnviroVent Stadium to play the Sulphurites this afternoon.

The bookies have given odds of Colchester now being relegated at 45/1 and as the table below indicates the U’s position was greatly enhanced with all Relegation rivals losing last week.

15 Harrogate 39 47
19 Rochdale 39 43
COLU 39 42
Barrow 38 37
Oldham 39 34
Stevenage 38 34
Scunny 39 24

So, plenty of reasons to be cheerful. WRONG. First our points total is still insufficient to be mathematical safe, second are we considering that avoiding relegation is a real result when we have seen some abject performances once again this season which has led to 7 Home league defeats. Third for the second season running we have been Relegation candidates and many of our performances have been substandard at best. Fourth all the cup competitions saw us bow out tamely (perhaps unlucky against Wigan). Finally, I am sick and tired of playing teams who have overtaken us and are streets ahead so much so that we have to compare our ability to hold them to a draw or concede a goal in a narrow defeat as an almost successful outcome. And if we ever play Sutton again it will be too soon!

That is why it was so good to see that Colchester elation at the end of the Tranmere game and to know that the Rovers supporters slunk away feeling what many of the faithful have felt this season, total misery.

When we play well and by that, I mean play attacking football we can defeat anyone in the league and that is why it is so dispiriting to see our continuing struggles. I rate our Barrow Away performance, Salford Away and 20 minutes at Scunny as the three best this season. Can we translate this to our Home form.

Despite all this misery I am sure that we will NOT go down and that Scunny and Stevenage will fill those two ignominious slots. So why am I raging this morning. Because enough is enough.

However, struggling in League Two is hardly progress for our club. We are fast running out of poor teams in the basement league and another season at the wrong end of the table will undoubtedly be third time unlucky. The National league has ten teams who would once again grace the EFL and competition for promotion is now centred on an ability to invest big (Stockport and Wrexham especially) and virtually buy their way back to the league.

We still have to make a permanent Managerial appointment. Is WB the man, I don’t believe so, but if we stay up then RC will appoint him as the Manager.

Anyway, the immediate concern is securing six more points which victory today and at home to Stevenage will allow and then the last five games are all about boosting our League position.

Stevenage H
Exeter A
Bradford H
Newport A
Walsall H
Hartlepool A

Simon Weaver is finding that despite a strong start the becalming effect of the doldrums has led to their rapid demise so much so that though safe they are only 5 points ahead of the U’s.

Also, our first Home league win was against Harrogate when Syl Jasper scored after an impressive lung busting run by Brendan Wiredu. So, after the Scunny double we are on course for another today.

The good news extends to the All Whites where Captain Tommy Smith played the 90 minutes in their handsome win against the Solomon Islands. They now play Costa Rica in Qatar in June on either 13/14 for a place at the top table this Autumn (to play Spain, Germany and Japan).

So, who does WB select today?

Well, I would go for:

George

Coxe Chambers Dallison Kenlock

Skuse Wiredu Chilvers

Edwards Akinde Sears

Subs
Hornby Judge Andrews Eastman Tchamadeu Huws Hannant

The selection is more difficult however because Judge, Tchamadeu and Hannant deserve selection and so WB may well opt for something like:

George
Coxe Chambers Dallison Kenlock
Skuse Wiredu
Judge Chilvers Edwards
Sears
We will see at kick off time!

The weather in Durham today is dry, bright and sunny, the snow has finally disappeared apart from on the tops. 60 miles south in Harrogate the weather will be 7 degrees Celsius, some sunny intervals and light rain with precipitation about 31%.

Safe journey to the travelling faithful, who will already be on their way North.
Score prediction. A sparkling Away performance and 3-0 to the Super U’s to restore pride and to give plenty of confidence ahead of the vital Stevenage game.

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Super U's to find the right Chemistry to defeat the Sulphurites today on 11:00 - Apr 2 with 876 viewsWitham

Sadly Mrs Witham's positive covid test means we will miss the game today. Luckily we have been able to move our hotel booking to a later date
I am confident of a good win today and will be tuned in to Radio Essex.
Super U's to find the right Chemistry to defeat the Sulphurites today on 11:35 - Apr 2 with 872 viewsnoah4x4

320+ U's fans predicted given it is a new ground and no on the day sales (so we know advance sales). Two nearly full CUSA buses making good progress up an unusually quiet A1. A train full already there on a Jolly Boys long weekend. A optimistic buzz amongst U's fans. A win for us, Oldham to draw with Stevenage, Scunny to fail at FGR. The U's safe before Easter.....?
Super U's to find the right Chemistry to defeat the Sulphurites today on 11:38 - Apr 2 with 869 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to find the right Chemistry to defeat the Sulphurites today on 11:00 - Apr 2 by Witham

Sadly Mrs Witham's positive covid test means we will miss the game today. Luckily we have been able to move our hotel booking to a later date
I am confident of a good win today and will be tuned in to Radio Essex.

Witham. Sorry to hear that news.
Hope Mrs Witham is soon recovered.

I agree a good win for the U's today will work wonders.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Super U's to find the right Chemistry to defeat the Sulphurites today on 11:50 - Apr 2 with 868 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to find the right Chemistry to defeat the Sulphurites today on 11:35 - Apr 2 by noah4x4

320+ U's fans predicted given it is a new ground and no on the day sales (so we know advance sales). Two nearly full CUSA buses making good progress up an unusually quiet A1. A train full already there on a Jolly Boys long weekend. A optimistic buzz amongst U's fans. A win for us, Oldham to draw with Stevenage, Scunny to fail at FGR. The U's safe before Easter.....?

Safe journey Noah.

3-0 to the Super U's in front of 350 of the faithful.
Excellent.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Super U's to find the right Chemistry to defeat the Sulphurites today on 15:26 - Apr 2 with 828 viewswessex_exile

Dreadful start, could have been 2-0 down instead of just the one, but Sears gets his 14th with a sublime dink over the 'keeper. Maybe against the run of play, but who cares right now.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Super U's to find the right Chemistry to defeat the Sulphurites today on 15:40 - Apr 2 with 822 viewsgerry_us

Super U's to find the right Chemistry to defeat the Sulphurites today on 15:26 - Apr 2 by wessex_exile

Dreadful start, could have been 2-0 down instead of just the one, but Sears gets his 14th with a sublime dink over the 'keeper. Maybe against the run of play, but who cares right now.

One shot on goal in 30 minutes, albeit a goal, is NOT GOOD ENOUGH.
Super U's to find the right Chemistry to defeat the Sulphurites today on 15:56 - Apr 2 with 816 viewswessex_exile

Super U's to find the right Chemistry to defeat the Sulphurites today on 15:40 - Apr 2 by gerry_us

One shot on goal in 30 minutes, albeit a goal, is NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

Three shots on target and a 2-1 lead is better though

Up the U's

Super U's to find the right Chemistry to defeat the Sulphurites today on 16:06 - Apr 2 with 801 viewsgerry_us

Super U's to find the right Chemistry to defeat the Sulphurites today on 15:56 - Apr 2 by wessex_exile

Three shots on target and a 2-1 lead is better though

Infinitely.
More shots, more goals. Simple.
Login to get fewer ads

Super U's to find the right Chemistry to defeat the Sulphurites today on 17:01 - Apr 2 with 784 viewsburnsieespana

Who cares at this stage in the season as we have won again!
Super U's to find the right Chemistry to defeat the Sulphurites today on 17:07 - Apr 2 with 774 viewswessex_exile

That'll do nicely - if we weren't safe already, 11pts clear plus goal difference and only 6/7 games to go pretty much guarantees it. Delighted for the travelling Faithful, will make the long journey home all the sweeter. Plus, Southend battered at home and Ipswich also lose at home - good weekend to be a U's fan!

Up the U's

Super U's to find the right Chemistry to defeat the Sulphurites today on 18:00 - Apr 2 with 737 viewsbwildered

Fifty up for Freddie.

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Super U's to find the right Chemistry to defeat the Sulphurites today on 18:07 - Apr 2 with 734 viewswessex_exile

Super U's to find the right Chemistry to defeat the Sulphurites today on 18:00 - Apr 2 by bwildered

Fifty up for Freddie.

Nice one - well done Freddie! Can he reach the magical 20 goals for this season? Probably not, but still shows he was an excellent acquisition.

Up the U's

Super U's to find the right Chemistry to defeat the Sulphurites today on 19:14 - Apr 2 with 716 viewsgerry_us

After a sad personal trip to darkest Kent yesterday I travelled back this morning with a stop at Peterborough Services for a "quiet" breakfast...as I thought! The place was absolutely stuffed with U's fans travelling North and York City travelling South for cup semi-final. Firstly it was good to see the interaction between two sets of fans and I took he opportunity of speaking to several U's supporters. Without fail they all went with a 2-1 U's win.
Looking at the poor gate at Harrogate today and the number of U's supporters attending today, it would be nice to think the supporters had a very real effect on the result. I wish I had been there myself. Well done all of you.
Super U's to find the right Chemistry to defeat the Sulphurites today on 20:26 - Apr 2 with 701 viewswessex_exile

Super U's to find the right Chemistry to defeat the Sulphurites today on 19:14 - Apr 2 by gerry_us

After a sad personal trip to darkest Kent yesterday I travelled back this morning with a stop at Peterborough Services for a "quiet" breakfast...as I thought! The place was absolutely stuffed with U's fans travelling North and York City travelling South for cup semi-final. Firstly it was good to see the interaction between two sets of fans and I took he opportunity of speaking to several U's supporters. Without fail they all went with a 2-1 U's win.
Looking at the poor gate at Harrogate today and the number of U's supporters attending today, it would be nice to think the supporters had a very real effect on the result. I wish I had been there myself. Well done all of you.

Sorry to hear about the context of your trip south Gerry, I can only offer my assumed condolences for our journey and destination. Hope meeting up with the faithful at least eased your sorrow.

Best wishes chap

Up the U's

Super U's to find the right Chemistry to defeat the Sulphurites today on 21:43 - Apr 2 with 672 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to find the right Chemistry to defeat the Sulphurites today on 20:26 - Apr 2 by wessex_exile

Sorry to hear about the context of your trip south Gerry, I can only offer my assumed condolences for our journey and destination. Hope meeting up with the faithful at least eased your sorrow.

Best wishes chap

Gerry I echo those sentiments. Sorry about your sad news.

Absolutely brilliant support today
My match report tomorrow.

Cole Skuse my man of the match today. Noah Chilvers now worth £1m without doubt.

One more victory at home to Stevenage will do but then as many points as possible from the final 5 games.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024