Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The U's Rivals 16:48 - Sep 5 with 990 viewsJudeKinsella

I am a student at Loughborough University working in collaboration with the University of Massachusetts, to help research rivalries in the English Football League. The Know Rivalry project is seeking to learn more about the psychological, cultural and commercial effects of football rivalries in the UK.

The views of U's fans could be used to support the marketing and broadcasting of the club, especially in the build-up to games against rivals. At the moment we're focusing on who you view as your rivals in League 2 and above, so Southend couldn't be selected as a rival for example. However, your views on other EFL clubs would be recognised and provide data on what games Colchester fans look forward to most.

As an AFC Wimbledon fan, I am pleased to have been given the task of collecting data on League 2 clubs this season and it would be greatly appreciated if you could share your views using the following link: https://umassamherst.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3FdJ8eN2EgFCfCB?collID=10&

Feel free to ask any questions.
Thanks, Jude.
The U's Rivals on 18:10 - Sep 5 with 968 viewswessex_exile

Done Jude - best wishes.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

The U's Rivals on 19:56 - Sep 5 with 937 viewsLeadbelly

The U's Rivals on 18:10 - Sep 5 by wessex_exile

Done Jude - best wishes.

Without the option of selecting Scumend the survey results will be misleading at best. Or am the only one who dislikes them?

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

The U's Rivals on 21:36 - Sep 5 with 925 viewswessex_exile

The U's Rivals on 19:56 - Sep 5 by Leadbelly

Without the option of selecting Scumend the survey results will be misleading at best. Or am the only one who dislikes them?

Nope, in fact made that observation as part of the survey - or even Wycombe or very occasionally Ipshit. Still, gotta play with the hand you're dealt I guess? What was interesting, given the passage of time, Gillingham ought to be head and shoulders our fiercest rivals, but I doubt they register on anyone's radar these days?

Up the U's

The U's Rivals on 23:03 - Sep 5 with 908 viewsRSCOSWORTH

The U's Rivals on 21:36 - Sep 5 by wessex_exile

Nope, in fact made that observation as part of the survey - or even Wycombe or very occasionally Ipshit. Still, gotta play with the hand you're dealt I guess? What was interesting, given the passage of time, Gillingham ought to be head and shoulders our fiercest rivals, but I doubt they register on anyone's radar these days?

Who?

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

The U's Rivals on 23:29 - Sep 5 with 903 viewsghughes11

The U's Rivals on 21:36 - Sep 5 by wessex_exile

Yeah, I went:

60% Leyton O
25% Gillingham
10% Stevanage
5% Northampton

When really it would be:

100% Ipswich
100% Southend
100% Wycombe

Poll: What was the main reason for the Col U win versus Carlisle?

The U's Rivals on 23:41 - Sep 5 with 900 viewsnoah4x4

What is the point of a survey designed to elicit rivalries with a view to using them for "marketing and broadcasting" that fixture when no U's fan considers any current league two club a greater rival than any other? Once Southend, Ipswich and Wycombe are out of the equation, all rivals are equal. I can't think of any game I look forward to more than any other at home. Away is different as hospitality varies markedly. But rivalries? None in league two. There is only one team in Essex.....
The U's Rivals on 23:53 - Sep 5 with 897 viewsdurham_exile

I am sorry but having started the survey I quickly realised that I was not able to justify rivalry between the U's and the Gills.

Consequently abandoned the survey.

Our real Rivals are Cambridge, Southend, Ipswich and Wycombe none of whom are included which I feel was a mistake.

Good luck but I cannot in all sincerity complete the survey.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

The U's Rivals on 09:22 - Sep 6 with 862 viewswessex_exile

The U's Rivals on 23:29 - Sep 5 by ghughes11

Yeah, I went:

60% Leyton O
25% Gillingham
10% Stevanage
5% Northampton

When really it would be:

100% Ipswich
100% Southend
100% Wycombe

Pretty similar to my share-out, think I even threw in a few points for Creepy too - all of which goes to show what a dearth of needle matches we have this season. In my youth though, apart from Southend, the matches with the greatest potential for violence were Posh, Gillingham and to a lesser degree Cambridge.

Up the U's

Login to get fewer ads

The U's Rivals on 10:40 - Sep 7 with 790 viewsJudeKinsella

The U's Rivals on 19:56 - Sep 5 by Leadbelly

Yeah can see how it's a problem. But we're just looking at EFL clubs for now. Appreciate the feedback.
The U's Rivals on 10:42 - Sep 7 with 787 viewsJudeKinsella

The U's Rivals on 23:41 - Sep 5 by noah4x4

What is the point of a survey designed to elicit rivalries with a view to using them for "marketing and broadcasting" that fixture when no U's fan considers any current league two club a greater rival than any other? Once Southend, Ipswich and Wycombe are out of the equation, all rivals are equal. I can't think of any game I look forward to more than any other at home. Away is different as hospitality varies markedly. But rivalries? None in league two. There is only one team in Essex.....

You should still be able to select Ipswich and Wycombe, but we're looking at EFL clubs for now. Appreciate the feedback.
The U's Rivals on 10:44 - Sep 7 with 785 viewsJudeKinsella

The U's Rivals on 23:53 - Sep 5 by durham_exile

I am sorry but having started the survey I quickly realised that I was not able to justify rivalry between the U's and the Gills.

Consequently abandoned the survey.

Our real Rivals are Cambridge, Southend, Ipswich and Wycombe none of whom are included which I feel was a mistake.

Good luck but I cannot in all sincerity complete the survey.

Up the U's

Appreciate the feedback, Southend can't be selected but other EFL clubs should be able to be. I'll feed this back.
The U's Rivals on 15:55 - Sep 7 with 759 viewswessex_exile

The U's Rivals on 10:44 - Sep 7 by JudeKinsella

Appreciate the feedback, Southend can't be selected but other EFL clubs should be able to be. I'll feed this back.

To be honest, Southend being too non-league to take part in a survey about league rivalries is pretty funny in its own right

I would add, by way of feedback, the wording of the survey suggested we had to choose fellow league 2 sides.
[Post edited 7 Sep 2022 15:57]

Up the U's

The U's Rivals on 01:58 - Sep 8 with 724 viewsghughes11

The U's Rivals on 15:55 - Sep 7 by wessex_exile

To be honest, Southend being too non-league to take part in a survey about league rivalries is pretty funny in its own right

I would add, by way of feedback, the wording of the survey suggested we had to choose fellow league 2 sides.
[Post edited 7 Sep 2022 15:57]

that was my thought too Wessex

Poll: What was the main reason for the Col U win versus Carlisle?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024