Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who's the imposter in the number 7 shirt with Willock on its back? 16:06 - Jan 14 with 13185 viewsswisscottage

Because That's not Chris Willock.

Can't trap the ball.
Can't control the ball.
Can't pass the ball
Can't cross the ball
Can't stay on his feet.

His swagger is completely gone... what on earth has happened to him?
Who's the imposter in the number 7 shirt with Willock on its back? on 16:27 - Jan 14 with 7015 viewsDamo1962

Whatever it is...he shouldn't be playing. If we are so reliant on one player...then we deserve everything we get.
Who's the imposter in the number 7 shirt with Willock on its back? on 16:51 - Jan 14 with 7021 viewsJuzzie

Can’t or won’t?
Who's the imposter in the number 7 shirt with Willock on its back? on 17:03 - Jan 14 with 6937 viewsDaBurgh

Who's the imposter in the number 7 shirt with Willock on its back? on 16:51 - Jan 14 by Juzzie

Can’t or won’t?

Strangest drop in form, for such a prolonged period, that I have ever seen. Certainly not playing for a move.
Who's the imposter in the number 7 shirt with Willock on its back? on 17:04 - Jan 14 with 6899 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I actually worry about his head. He looks so unhappy and down. I genuinely hope he's ok mentally.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Who's the imposter in the number 7 shirt with Willock on its back? on 17:05 - Jan 14 with 6891 viewsDieByYourSide

Did I hear him getting some boos when he came off?

Definitely needs dropping.

Poll: And it's hi ho

Who's the imposter in the number 7 shirt with Willock on its back? on 17:16 - Jan 14 with 6794 viewsqueensparker

The injury really seems to have sapped all his confidence in his own body, he’s not running or challenging for anything. Playing at 50%

I came out of the Bristol City away game thinking he was possibly going to be better than Eze, he was fast, strong, confident and absolutely monstered their defence, he looked like he was developing into the complete centre forward.

Since the injury he’s slow, hesitant and doesn’t look fit to me.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2023 17:17]
Who's the imposter in the number 7 shirt with Willock on its back? on 17:35 - Jan 14 with 6629 viewsBklynRanger

We've got Willock completely off form who shouldn't be starting; Tim who is lost without the PBBC's emotional support who shouldn't be starting; and something needs done about the CBs, either in terms of that combination or their form/confidence (they are both good players imho).

It only took us to sort one of those three things out today to see the difference it made to the team, so maybe that's a bit of a cause for optimism.
Who's the imposter in the number 7 shirt with Willock on its back? on 17:36 - Jan 14 with 6618 viewsted_hendrix

He needs to score a goal (IMO) he just needs to wrap a defender up once or twice and then bury a shot In the back of the net, easier said than done but for some players coming back to form after an Injury can be worse than the Injury Itself and mess with your confidence.
You/me/we have to show some patience.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Login to get fewer ads

Who's the imposter in the number 7 shirt with Willock on its back? on 17:45 - Jan 14 with 6513 viewsDamo1962

Who's the imposter in the number 7 shirt with Willock on its back? on 17:36 - Jan 14 by ted_hendrix

He needs to score a goal (IMO) he just needs to wrap a defender up once or twice and then bury a shot In the back of the net, easier said than done but for some players coming back to form after an Injury can be worse than the Injury Itself and mess with your confidence.
You/me/we have to show some patience.

Agree about giving him time. Like you say, a goal,any goal...could do wonders for him. We know he has the talent...we've all seen it.
Who's the imposter in the number 7 shirt with Willock on its back? on 17:58 - Jan 14 with 6416 viewsBillericayR

Perhaps a plan... Rubbish for January so no one takes a chance on him...come February bang back on song...
Who's the imposter in the number 7 shirt with Willock on its back? on 18:03 - Jan 14 with 6355 viewsAntti_Heinola

Who's the imposter in the number 7 shirt with Willock on its back? on 16:51 - Jan 14 by Juzzie

Can’t or won’t?

From what I've heard, he is a fantastic person, strongly religious, dedicated to his football.

Easy to say 'won't', but none of us know the facts.

I think it far more likely he's been rushed back from injury too quickly TWICE this season and is still not trusting his body yet - plus, like a lot of the team, is struggling for confidence.

Bare bones.

Who's the imposter in the number 7 shirt with Willock on its back? on 18:06 - Jan 14 with 6298 viewsLblock

I blame Beale for this one.

Brought him back from injury too soon.

I think he was clearly a player Beale had sat down and given it the old "stick with me and the club, we're giving it a real shot this season.. blah, blah, bs, bs"
Then Beale did what he did and our formed dived off the edge of a W12 cliff (not that I think it was brilliant with the liar at the helm).

Sadly I think we need to sell him as he has (apparently) been tapped up and the atmosphere between him and the hierarchy is (apparently) frosty at best.
Last season I would not have taken less than £10mill plus sizeable add ons.
Now I'd probably accept £4mill and sell ons.

Such a shame

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Who's the imposter in the number 7 shirt with Willock on its back? on 18:08 - Jan 14 with 6262 viewsDamo1962

Who's the imposter in the number 7 shirt with Willock on its back? on 17:58 - Jan 14 by BillericayR

Perhaps a plan... Rubbish for January so no one takes a chance on him...come February bang back on song...

I like your logic 😉
Who's the imposter in the number 7 shirt with Willock on its back? on 18:12 - Jan 14 with 6269 viewsdmm

I was thinking today that our two no 10s threat has disappeared. The Illy and Willy combo down the left no longer works and it feels like teams have worked out how to nullify what they do together. Chances aren't created and Dykes is constantly left isolated.

Then Lowe comes on and shows us something different. He's not the messiah but he added something we didn't have before. Just shows you can't just do the same thing all the time. You have to keep evolving.
Who's the imposter in the number 7 shirt with Willock on its back? on 18:17 - Jan 14 with 6209 viewstraininvain

Who's the imposter in the number 7 shirt with Willock on its back? on 18:06 - Jan 14 by Lblock

I blame Beale for this one.

Brought him back from injury too soon.

I think he was clearly a player Beale had sat down and given it the old "stick with me and the club, we're giving it a real shot this season.. blah, blah, bs, bs"
Then Beale did what he did and our formed dived off the edge of a W12 cliff (not that I think it was brilliant with the liar at the helm).

Sadly I think we need to sell him as he has (apparently) been tapped up and the atmosphere between him and the hierarchy is (apparently) frosty at best.
Last season I would not have taken less than £10mill plus sizeable add ons.
Now I'd probably accept £4mill and sell ons.

Such a shame

Presumably the same source as Simms signing. Think I’ll take with a large pinch of Himalayan rock salt.
Who's the imposter in the number 7 shirt with Willock on its back? on 18:20 - Jan 14 with 6185 viewsLandshark

Does anyone know the last time he played a full 90 minutes? He seems incapable of finishing a match.
Who's the imposter in the number 7 shirt with Willock on its back? on 18:24 - Jan 14 with 6150 viewsqueensparker

Who's the imposter in the number 7 shirt with Willock on its back? on 18:20 - Jan 14 by Landshark

Does anyone know the last time he played a full 90 minutes? He seems incapable of finishing a match.

He’s not fit since the injury. It’s obvious from watching him play.
Who's the imposter in the number 7 shirt with Willock on its back? on 18:30 - Jan 14 with 6087 viewsSharpy36

Who's the imposter in the number 7 shirt with Willock on its back? on 18:12 - Jan 14 by dmm

I was thinking today that our two no 10s threat has disappeared. The Illy and Willy combo down the left no longer works and it feels like teams have worked out how to nullify what they do together. Chances aren't created and Dykes is constantly left isolated.

Then Lowe comes on and shows us something different. He's not the messiah but he added something we didn't have before. Just shows you can't just do the same thing all the time. You have to keep evolving.

Very true, we have become very one dimensional and easy to read. With NC coming in i was hoping for a change in how we approach games, but we now have reverted back to the MW way. When chair or willock were in full form more often than not they were dragging 2 or three opposition players to them and freeing up space, but that`s not happening now. Dykes being constantly overlooked in a lot of the forward play with those two on the ball is frustrating to watch, but with the introduction of lowe and his ability to get in behind defenders as he did today gives me hope for the remaining games going forward. Also having him might be the spark that lights Phillips flame.

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

Who's the imposter in the number 7 shirt with Willock on its back? on 18:31 - Jan 14 with 6078 viewsed_83

Look at the replay of Reading's first goal: Willock's the nearest QPR player to the ball but he's on his heels, half a second too slow to get moving, and then gives up entirely just as the ball reaches Hendrick, giving him all the time in the world to get a shot off.

You bust a gut to get across to that ball, put any kind of block or a tackle in, or even just a bit of pressure on Hendrick, and there's zero chance he scores from there. Put that tackle in, and we win the game 2-1.

It isn't just about Willock's performances with the ball at his feet, which I agree have been shocking, but his entire demeanour: of all our players, he's the one whose mentality seems to have collapsed most dramatically. I think he needs a spell on the bench to sort his head out, and some very very careful and attentive psychological support from the club to get him back to his best.
Who's the imposter in the number 7 shirt with Willock on its back? on 18:40 - Jan 14 with 6031 viewssdm1508

Who's the imposter in the number 7 shirt with Willock on its back? on 18:12 - Jan 14 by dmm

I've read that Lowe has good pace. Did that look the case today? Also do people think he will be played as one of the three or could be do a job up top? Balls through to someone who can run on to them
Who's the imposter in the number 7 shirt with Willock on its back? on 18:52 - Jan 14 with 5927 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Who's the imposter in the number 7 shirt with Willock on its back? on 18:17 - Jan 14 by traininvain

Presumably the same source as Simms signing. Think I’ll take with a large pinch of Himalayan rock salt.

More useful than Hämäläinen rock salt.
Who's the imposter in the number 7 shirt with Willock on its back? on 18:54 - Jan 14 with 5910 viewsdmm

Who's the imposter in the number 7 shirt with Willock on its back? on 18:40 - Jan 14 by sdm1508

I've read that Lowe has good pace. Did that look the case today? Also do people think he will be played as one of the three or could be do a job up top? Balls through to someone who can run on to them

Yes he's got pace and, in his 25mins or so, looked far more direct than Willock, Chair or Roberts. He looks like he wants to run at a defense.

He can play in the three or up top but I fancy it'll be on the right of the three at first - though his assist for Roberts was from the left. Critchley will no doubt see how that works out and I'd imagine whether that provides Dykes with better service. But as a horses-for-courses tactician, I wouldn't be surprised if Critchley on occasion uses Lowe up front.
Who's the imposter in the number 7 shirt with Willock on its back? on 19:31 - Jan 14 with 5681 viewsMick_S

Regarding Willock. If he’s off, so be it. If that’s the reason for the recent poor form, that is understandable but no good for us at all. I really do hope he’s ok and will be with us for the foreseeable. Wherever he is, he’ll get it back.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Who's the imposter in the number 7 shirt with Willock on its back? on 19:39 - Jan 14 with 5621 viewsnumptydumpty

Willocks form will return.

Form is Temporary.

Class is Permanent.

Maybe on bench next game and can see him re energised by 25 minutes off the bench.

Think could well play Chair Roberts and Lowe behind Dykes next game and think Tim will be on bench if Johansen fit.

Another one that might benefit from a decent cameo performance off the bench.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Who's the imposter in the number 7 shirt with Willock on its back? on 20:06 - Jan 14 with 5502 viewsCamberleyR

Perhaps a game or two in the B team away from the first team spotlight to allow him to get a bit of fitness and confidence back.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024