Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who's the imposter in the number 7 shirt with Willock on its back? 16:06 - Jan 14 with 13282 viewsswisscottage

Because That's not Chris Willock.

Can't trap the ball.
Can't control the ball.
Can't pass the ball
Can't cross the ball
Can't stay on his feet.

His swagger is completely gone... what on earth has happened to him?
Who's the imposter in the number 7 shirt with Willock on its back? on 16:56 - Jan 15 with 1924 viewstraininvain

Who's the imposter in the number 7 shirt with Willock on its back? on 14:57 - Jan 15 by gazza1

It is just excuses as far as I am concerned, yes I know you can have quartertone injections (I have seen it done) typically around the ankles but with Willocks apparent hamstring injury I do not believe it would be done nor is it viable.....I am also not so sure that he would play unless the sports physio team were confident that he could play 90 minutes nor with the fear that the 'so called' injury would not get worse, etc.

Flawed, I do not think so.....excuses I believe, basically he is not 'doing it' - simple as that.

Why wouldn't you play him against Swansea??.....because he is not fit or because he is not playing well???

Yes the idea that Willock wouldn’t be playing if he wasn’t fully fit is flawed. Do you honestly believe that footballers only play when fully fit?

I wouldn’t start him vs Swansea because he‘s not playing well since his injury. He hasn’t looked 100% right since he came back. Now whether that’s physical or mental I don’t know. None of us do. But I’d say it’s fairly safe to conclude that the two events (injury / form since returning) are connected in some way.

Or maybe he’s about to be sold for £5m+ and holding back but seems unlikely based on current form.
Who's the imposter in the number 7 shirt with Willock on its back? on 17:42 - Jan 15 with 1841 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Who's the imposter in the number 7 shirt with Willock on its back? on 21:58 - Jan 14 by bosh67

I think he has completely lost trust in his body and the hamstrings and it has thrown him mentally and his game. I think he goes out there scared to get injured. I've seen it before and this feels like a classic case. How we get him through it I don't know. He's a massive talent but I think he goes out there thinking his body is going to break down.

Maybe, Bosh.
Simon Barker went through that after breaking his leg, I think?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Who's the imposter in the number 7 shirt with Willock on its back? on 17:49 - Jan 15 with 1815 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Who's the imposter in the number 7 shirt with Willock on its back? on 02:29 - Jan 15 by PunteR

Cmon Ted, you're getting a bit soft in the head there.
Even Mr Mccarthy. His mental state.?
He's in the prime of his life, good job, earning loads of money.
Sign the contract for another 3 years and yes I'll back him. Mess about or run our contract down he can fak orf as well.

I'm just speculating, PunteR, and of course I hope I'm not saying I'm right or that I have any knowledge - I'm just wondering and worrying a small bit.

But we've been here before with Steven Caulker, with Clarke Carlisle, with Paul McGrath, with Tony Adams, and with Dave Clement and Justin Fashnu, God rest them both.

Who's the imposter in the number 7 shirt with Willock on its back? on 18:12 - Jan 15 with 1744 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Sports scientists determine the length of time on the pitch these days don't they?

Thin squads can’t afford to take risks in the same way deep ones can.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2023 18:57]
Who's the imposter in the number 7 shirt with Willock on its back? on 19:00 - Jan 15 with 1655 viewsgazza1

Who's the imposter in the number 7 shirt with Willock on its back? on 16:56 - Jan 15 by traininvain

Yes the idea that Willock wouldn’t be playing if he wasn’t fully fit is flawed. Do you honestly believe that footballers only play when fully fit?

I wouldn’t start him vs Swansea because he‘s not playing well since his injury. He hasn’t looked 100% right since he came back. Now whether that’s physical or mental I don’t know. None of us do. But I’d say it’s fairly safe to conclude that the two events (injury / form since returning) are connected in some way.

Or maybe he’s about to be sold for £5m+ and holding back but seems unlikely based on current form.

He is fit alright......he has just lost his form and good performances for some reason.

If he wasn't fit then the sports scientists would not want him to play and I doubt if the manager(s) would go against them...playing with a hamstring problem is a non starter - 100%.

Excuses, excuses and more excuses!!!!
[Post edited 15 Jan 2023 19:01]
Who's the imposter in the number 7 shirt with Willock on its back? on 20:41 - Jan 15 with 1531 viewssparkey

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/he-really-cares-qpr-boss-defends-out-of-form

This sounds believable to me. THere's no reason to comment on his committment, he's shown plenty of times he cares and has given us enough moments to give him slack for a few underwhelming performances. Chris will be back doing incredible things soon I am sure.
Who's the imposter in the number 7 shirt with Willock on its back? on 21:27 - Jan 15 with 1471 viewsdavman

Who's the imposter in the number 7 shirt with Willock on its back? on 20:41 - Jan 15 by sparkey

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/he-really-cares-qpr-boss-defends-out-of-form

This sounds believable to me. THere's no reason to comment on his committment, he's shown plenty of times he cares and has given us enough moments to give him slack for a few underwhelming performances. Chris will be back doing incredible things soon I am sure.

... and Critchley is right; he deserves our support to get back to where he was. No point booing him.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Who's the imposter in the number 7 shirt with Willock on its back? on 21:48 - Jan 15 with 1442 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Who's the imposter in the number 7 shirt with Willock on its back? on 20:41 - Jan 15 by sparkey

That's excellent managemant from Critchley.

Login to get fewer ads

Who's the imposter in the number 7 shirt with Willock on its back? on 21:58 - Jan 15 with 1433 viewsdmm

Who's the imposter in the number 7 shirt with Willock on its back? on 21:48 - Jan 15 by BrianMcCarthy

That's excellent managemant from Critchley.

Yes, I think so too, Brian. I'm definitely warming to Critchley. He comes across as a bit of a different breed to most other managers. Reflective, level headed and a plain talker. Quite refreshing really.
Who's the imposter in the number 7 shirt with Willock on its back? on 22:00 - Jan 15 with 1424 viewsted_hendrix

Thanks for posting this, straight from the horses mouth.

All questions answered from those In the know, not those that think they know.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Who's the imposter in the number 7 shirt with Willock on its back? on 00:00 - Jan 16 with 1304 viewsPunteR

It's waffle really isnt it?. Sign a new contract and we'll see his commitment to QPR.
Fans ain't stupid. We called it before Beale even left for Rangers. Loftboy even stuck a thread up..
Maybe his dip in form is because of injuries. Maybe he has got stuff going on in his life we don't know about that's effecting him or maybe it's just simply his head has been turned and his focus has gone wonky? He's a decent player but he also one of our biggest assets and maybe that is taking its toll.? He could be stuck between his agent and the club.?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Who's the imposter in the number 7 shirt with Willock on its back? on 00:12 - Jan 16 with 1285 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

It’s been mentioned on here before but I don’t think we have a great reputation in terms of treating players right when it comes to contract talks.

This could just be the other side of it I guess.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2023 0:33]
Who's the imposter in the number 7 shirt with Willock on its back? on 07:47 - Jan 16 with 1206 viewsHunterhoop

Who's the imposter in the number 7 shirt with Willock on its back? on 00:12 - Jan 16 by BazzaInTheLoft

It’s been mentioned on here before but I don’t think we have a great reputation in terms of treating players right when it comes to contract talks.

This could just be the other side of it I guess.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2023 0:33]

He/his team/his Dad, aren’t even returning calls and allowing any dialogue on a contract from what Clive’s said before. The club have been trying for the last 9 months. The Dad is trying to shaft us.

What I don’t understand is why that has resulted in such a decline. Same situation as Aug/Sept when he was playing so well.

Injury still bothering him? If so, he shouldn’t be near the side.
Move agreed? If so, why delay it? It has to be for money as his contract runs to June ‘24.
If neither, then you do have to question him and his effort levels.

There’s something going on. I’d wager he, at his Dad’s demand, is being told he must not get injured for some planned move in the offing now or this summer and so he’s trotting around not getting involved in anything too physical and not putting himself in positions to be chopped down, which means no running at people.

Regardless, on current form, he doesn’t play, so the converse becomes moot.
Who's the imposter in the number 7 shirt with Willock on its back? (n/t) on 07:52 - Jan 16 with 1193 viewsHAYESBOY

No one knows whats going on. Just that his formed has dipped.

All we can do is get behind him when he crosses that line.

Not sure what happened with the double post.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2023 7:53]

Smells like a trout farm in here

Who's the imposter in the number 7 shirt with Willock on its back? (n/t) on 07:52 - Jan 16 with 1193 viewsHAYESBOY

Reverend!.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2023 7:54]

Smells like a trout farm in here

Who's the imposter in the number 7 shirt with Willock on its back? on 08:31 - Jan 16 with 1155 viewstraininvain

Who's the imposter in the number 7 shirt with Willock on its back? on 07:47 - Jan 16 by Hunterhoop

He/his team/his Dad, aren’t even returning calls and allowing any dialogue on a contract from what Clive’s said before. The club have been trying for the last 9 months. The Dad is trying to shaft us.

What I don’t understand is why that has resulted in such a decline. Same situation as Aug/Sept when he was playing so well.

Move agreed? If so, why delay it? It has to be for money as his contract runs to June ‘24.

There’s something going on. I’d wager he, at his Dad’s demand, is being told he must not get injured for some planned move in the offing now or this summer and so he’s trotting around not getting involved in anything too physical and not putting himself in positions to be chopped down, which means no running at people.

If your theory is correct then I don’t see how any manager with half a brain would have him anywhere near the first team. Let alone giving interviews to defend him.

He’s still got 18 months on his contract it’s not like he can walk away for free this summer and his recent performances aren’t going to tempt a club to pay what’s likely to be required for us to sell any time soon.

It just doesn’t add up.
Who's the imposter in the number 7 shirt with Willock on its back? on 08:41 - Jan 16 with 1122 viewsgazza1

Who's the imposter in the number 7 shirt with Willock on its back? on 08:31 - Jan 16 by traininvain

If your theory is correct then I don’t see how any manager with half a brain would have him anywhere near the first team. Let alone giving interviews to defend him.

He’s still got 18 months on his contract it’s not like he can walk away for free this summer and his recent performances aren’t going to tempt a club to pay what’s likely to be required for us to sell any time soon.

It just doesn’t add up.

I agree, QPR would not tolerate that sort of stuff.....and if they are or have then they are proper mugs but I do not think that is the case.

Do you still think he is injured, fitness or loss of form???
Who's the imposter in the number 7 shirt with Willock on its back? on 09:04 - Jan 16 with 1098 viewstraininvain

Who's the imposter in the number 7 shirt with Willock on its back? on 08:41 - Jan 16 by gazza1

I agree, QPR would not tolerate that sort of stuff.....and if they are or have then they are proper mugs but I do not think that is the case.

Do you still think he is injured, fitness or loss of form???

Same as yesterday- struggling to get back on form following injuries!
Who's the imposter in the number 7 shirt with Willock on its back? on 09:53 - Jan 16 with 1021 viewsswisscottage

There's some midweek B team matches coming up and with one match per week for the next few weeks, there's an opportunity for Willock to play himself back into form with 60 minute cameos in the B team, and alternate bench and 60 minutes in the first team.

If we go by what Critchley said, then I half expect Willock to have some time in those B team matches.
Who's the imposter in the number 7 shirt with Willock on its back? on 09:53 - Jan 16 with 1015 viewsgazza1

Who's the imposter in the number 7 shirt with Willock on its back? on 09:04 - Jan 16 by traininvain

Same as yesterday- struggling to get back on form following injuries!

Bit different the he is 'not fit' or 'injured' as others on the MB have said as well........he's fit, alright, as I have said and so has the Manager!!!
Who's the imposter in the number 7 shirt with Willock on its back? on 10:24 - Jan 16 with 985 viewsBklynRanger

I do like Critchley's approach in these interviews and he does seem to be saying some level headed things about Willock and other players, so that's great.

At the same time though he'd be mad not to wouldn't he? If he can get Willock back into form for even the next 3 months that could make a huge contribution to our results.

So, to be honest, he may have reservations, wonder what's going on with the contract, question if CW's heart really is in it, but be prepared to support and coax him forward until, for whatever reason, it's not worth it. Or he may not - either way the same approach for now makes sense.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2023 10:26]
Who's the imposter in the number 7 shirt with Willock on its back? on 14:39 - Jan 16 with 872 viewsHunterhoop

Who's the imposter in the number 7 shirt with Willock on its back? on 08:31 - Jan 16 by traininvain

It just doesn’t add up.

It does. Your forgetting that it is in the club’s interest to keep our asset values as high as they can be.

IF - and I did say I don’t know what’s going on but there can only be a few options - he’s trying to avoid injury (either due concerns from past injuries, or to not risk a potential move), the club can hardly bin him off to the reserves and slate him publicly, can they? It would undermine their negotiating position and mean he’d be sold for less. If clubs got wind there was a falling out, he will go for less in the summer or walk for nothing in 18 months. The club have to make out things are fine, even if they are saying different things behind the scenes.

The club have to make it look like all is hunky dory and he’s getting back into things post injury. It has been a full month now though with little sign of his form picking up, and it’s such spectacular decline from early season, I don’t think your hypothesis stacks up either.
Who's the imposter in the number 7 shirt with Willock on its back? on 14:46 - Jan 16 with 859 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Who's the imposter in the number 7 shirt with Willock on its back? on 07:47 - Jan 16 by Hunterhoop

Well, it’s a horrible cut throat business isn’t it. However, outside of football demanding someone sign a contract would be frowned upon, however discourteous it is to ignore calls.

Massive game of chicken the whole thing. Sadly on this occasion I think both sides are going to lose.
Who's the imposter in the number 7 shirt with Willock on its back? on 15:03 - Jan 16 with 842 viewsdaveB

reminds me of when Trevor Sinclair went from world beater scoring that goal to couldn't trap a football anymore the following season.

I think the injury has played a big part in his loss of form, him playing like this is not going to get him the move he wants so I can't imagine he wants to perform like this. Was quite sad watching him on Saturday
Who's the imposter in the number 7 shirt with Willock on its back? on 15:23 - Jan 16 with 801 viewstraininvain

Who's the imposter in the number 7 shirt with Willock on its back? on 14:39 - Jan 16 by Hunterhoop

It does. Your forgetting that it is in the club’s interest to keep our asset values as high as they can be.

IF - and I did say I don’t know what’s going on but there can only be a few options - he’s trying to avoid injury (either due concerns from past injuries, or to not risk a potential move), the club can hardly bin him off to the reserves and slate him publicly, can they? It would undermine their negotiating position and mean he’d be sold for less. If clubs got wind there was a falling out, he will go for less in the summer or walk for nothing in 18 months. The club have to make out things are fine, even if they are saying different things behind the scenes.

The club have to make it look like all is hunky dory and he’s getting back into things post injury. It has been a full month now though with little sign of his form picking up, and it’s such spectacular decline from early season, I don’t think your hypothesis stacks up either.

He’s already been hooked at half time vs Burnley and dropped vs Luton so the club evidently aren’t scared to rock the apple cart and take him out of the first team.

I don’t buy this idea that Willock’s holding back to secure a move elsewhere. It’s counterintuitive as ultimately playing badly isn’t going to get him a move.

We’ll have to agree to disagree but personally I think it’s more realistic that we’re watching a footballer who’s struggling to recapture his form after a couple of injuries.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024