Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
They've spoken! 18:23 - Feb 24 with 6668 viewsPinnerPaul

https://www.qpr.co.uk/videos/interviews/ruben-gnanalingam-amit-bhatia-iv-240223/
They've spoken! on 18:42 - Feb 24 with 5437 viewsbarbicanranger

I thought the media stream was done for the week...
They've spoken! on 18:48 - Feb 24 with 5382 viewsswisscottage

There was one thing of real interest that came out of that.

The plans for a dorm and accommodation at the new training ground.

Am I correct in assuming that that is an indication of then upping to Academy 1 status when its all finished.? .. Because that is not something that's been articulated before now.
They've spoken! on 19:16 - Feb 24 with 5202 viewsSharpy36

Tin pot club. Don`t even have a book on Margate.

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

They've spoken! on 19:19 - Feb 24 with 5180 viewshubble

Sensible, measured with a dash of genuine passion. Unless they're bullsh*tting, I'm not sure there's too much to complain about. They seem like decent guys.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

They've spoken! on 19:31 - Feb 24 with 5128 views1JD

Superb interview.
They've spoken! on 20:25 - Feb 24 with 4853 viewsQPR_Jim

They've spoken! on 18:48 - Feb 24 by swisscottage

There was one thing of real interest that came out of that.

The plans for a dorm and accommodation at the new training ground.

Am I correct in assuming that that is an indication of then upping to Academy 1 status when its all finished.? .. Because that is not something that's been articulated before now.

Was it dorm or dome, think he followed up with indoor training facility which made me think he said dome.
They've spoken! on 20:28 - Feb 24 with 4822 viewsMedwayR

They've spoken! on 20:25 - Feb 24 by QPR_Jim

Was it dorm or dome, think he followed up with indoor training facility which made me think he said dome.

Yeah I think you're right unfortunately.

Poll: Who’s better?

They've spoken! on 20:31 - Feb 24 with 4797 viewsBlackCrowe

Amonst the Athens Riviera (i know the most amaaaazzing Souvlaki/Jap fusion bar) and Capri Sun books, they are good sorts. Amit i always knew but Ruben too. Unless my judgement is way off (it's been known), they areproper and we are better for having them than not.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2023 20:43]

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Login to get fewer ads

They've spoken! on 21:20 - Feb 24 with 4524 viewsChrisNW6

I can't believe the negative comments on QPR FB site. People just using the interview as another excuse to moan about not spending more money and owners just interested in making a profit.

It's been a much more positive week at QPR and hopefully a win is not too far away.
They've spoken! on 21:23 - Feb 24 with 4510 viewsqueensparker

I do wonder if any of these hundreds of thick cretins with their loltastic “get out of my club” memes on social media have any idea, or even vague understanding, where we’re going to find another genial owner willing to write off seven figure sums on a regular basis to keep QPR going.

I need to knock Twitter on the head tbh
They've spoken! on 21:43 - Feb 24 with 4377 viewsChrisNW6

They've spoken! on 21:23 - Feb 24 by queensparker

I do wonder if any of these hundreds of thick cretins with their loltastic “get out of my club” memes on social media have any idea, or even vague understanding, where we’re going to find another genial owner willing to write off seven figure sums on a regular basis to keep QPR going.

I need to knock Twitter on the head tbh

I've snoozed all the notifications on the various groups now, but I can't help looking under the rock every now and then.
They've spoken! on 22:03 - Feb 24 with 4258 viewsNorthantsHoop

Communication has been lacking from all quarters this season and that generally has been a problem. But taken at face value the Beale appointment has been really damaging, and Critchley just compounded the problem that Beale left. On the playing front I think Ainsworth will be a breath of fresh air in both his leadership and getting us hardened up to meet the challenge of maintaining and developing a competitive Championship team.
They've spoken! on 22:25 - Feb 24 with 4140 viewsbarbicanranger

They've spoken! on 22:03 - Feb 24 by NorthantsHoop

Communication has been lacking from all quarters this season and that generally has been a problem. But taken at face value the Beale appointment has been really damaging, and Critchley just compounded the problem that Beale left. On the playing front I think Ainsworth will be a breath of fresh air in both his leadership and getting us hardened up to meet the challenge of maintaining and developing a competitive Championship team.

Agree on both counts. When they laid out the season and what had happened you could see how damaging that appointment had been and TBF they did what most of us would have done in appointing NC. Ho hum.
They've spoken! on 22:25 - Feb 24 with 4137 viewsMonkey_Roots

They didn’t mention Lee or Les once.

Good interview, nice to get some comments on what we’ve all been speculating about recently.

Please god, let us get 3 points tomorrow.
They've spoken! on 22:26 - Feb 24 with 4125 viewsDannyPaddox

They've spoken! on 22:03 - Feb 24 by NorthantsHoop

It wasn’t the Beale appointment that was damaging. It was the Beale fcuking off.
They've spoken! on 23:06 - Feb 24 with 3931 viewsWestbourneR

Anyone who knows or works with Amit and Ruben comments on what throughly decent people they are. I love the fact their families are Rs now. It's incredible to think it's been 15 years since Tango & Cash came in with the Mittals.

But they have propped up this club with money it doesn't earn and also bought and built a permanent training ground. They've obviously made a few poor decisions over the years bit I don't really see how you can doubt their decency or commitment.

To be honest their downfall is probably that they're too nice sometimes.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

They've spoken! on 01:11 - Feb 25 with 3699 viewsBoston

They've spoken! on 23:06 - Feb 24 by WestbourneR

Anyone who knows or works with Amit and Ruben comments on what throughly decent people they are. I love the fact their families are Rs now. It's incredible to think it's been 15 years since Tango & Cash came in with the Mittals.

But they have propped up this club with money it doesn't earn and also bought and built a permanent training ground. They've obviously made a few poor decisions over the years bit I don't really see how you can doubt their decency or commitment.

In business terms, we're called a tax write off.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

They've spoken! on 01:59 - Feb 25 with 3654 viewstraininvain

They've spoken! on 01:11 - Feb 25 by Boston

In business terms, we're called a tax write off.

Gives a whole new meaning to Charity Park Rangers.
They've spoken! on 05:55 - Feb 25 with 3437 viewsMelakaRanger

They've spoken! on 23:06 - Feb 24 by WestbourneR

"To be honest their downfall is probably that they're too nice sometimes"

Delete the sometimes!

I've posted before that Ruben/Tony are simply too nice and I believe that has been their problem throughout. I know from talking to them many years ago that they genuinely believe that if you pay 'experts' (management/players) handsomely, that they will perform at the optimum levels. They have been let down by various managers - from the horror show that was Hughes & then Rednapp to the scores of players who have taken big money only to phone in performances and to treat the club as a cash cow. This is alien to Ruben/Tony and because of this they have been taken advantage of big time.

And as a consequence the club has suffered and continues to suffer.

Even on the pitch our teams suffer from being far too nice towards the oppositions.

The board need a tough guy at the top with a bit of nasty in him. Someone who can see through the bullshit.............. Likewise on the pitch, we need a few Derry types.

Despite this, I still believe we are fortunate to have the owners we have.
They've spoken! on 06:34 - Feb 25 with 3390 viewsLadbrokeR

They've spoken! on 22:26 - Feb 24 by DannyPaddox

It wasn’t the Beale appointment that was damaging. It was the Beale fcuking off.

In order to leave he had to be there in the first place.
They've spoken! on 07:53 - Feb 25 with 3208 viewsDannyPaddox

They've spoken! on 06:34 - Feb 25 by LadbrokeR

In order to leave he had to be there in the first place.

They've spoken! on 09:13 - Feb 25 with 2996 viewsAntti_Heinola

They've spoken! on 22:25 - Feb 24 by Monkey_Roots

They didn’t mention Lee or Les once.

Good interview, nice to get some comments on what we’ve all been speculating about recently.

Please god, let us get 3 points tomorrow.

Great observation, mate. Normally they would wouldn't they? There were no positive noises about them at all. Been thinking for a while one or both might move on in the summer. Hoos looks thoroughly defeated by it all and Amit and Ruben might feel a change of DoF is necessary.

Bare bones.

They've spoken! on 09:19 - Feb 25 with 2969 viewsenfieldargh

Really pleased this interview has been aired I dont get a feeling of BS from these guys only honesty and a desire to back QPR.

Its amazing that on ocassion I speak to R's fans who dont particularly read this forum that they still cant get their heads around FFP restrictions, why arnt we buying Nakki Wells/Messi and why not go for Chris Wilder!!!

I've given up trying to explain why not.

On Wilder Clive also stated what a complete Kanute he is.

This weeks podcast Lee Cook says that are some really awful managers out there and yes GA is a mate, he says GA is decent in so many ways

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

They've spoken! on 09:30 - Feb 25 with 2937 viewsDieByYourSide

Maybe I'm just a mark for this kind of stuff, but enjoyed that interview.

They're not the best owners in the world, and clearly not on the level of people like Tony Bloom and Benham. They've been behind the curve, reactively trying to imitate other successful clubs' strategies rather than thinking about the next thing. Then, when it looks like they have got something right "the dog eats the homework", and they suffer from bad luck (or arguably not doing their due diligence) on Beale.

Are there questions to be asked about the football operations side of the business (Les & Lee Hoos)? Yes. But does lumping Amit & Ruben in with them make sense? I'm not so sure. We do need to be careful what we wish for, and having benevolent owners isn't something we should take for granted - even if they do make mistakes.

Easy to forget that they're fans too. OK they didn't grow up standing on the Lower Loft or R Block but imagine how badly you'd want to get us back into the Premier League if you were writing off £10m+ a year.

Poll: And it's hi ho

They've spoken! on 09:46 - Feb 25 with 2883 viewsCateLeBonR

They've spoken! on 09:13 - Feb 25 by Antti_Heinola

Great observation, mate. Normally they would wouldn't they? There were no positive noises about them at all. Been thinking for a while one or both might move on in the summer. Hoos looks thoroughly defeated by it all and Amit and Ruben might feel a change of DoF is necessary.

The only reference made to Les I felt was when they talked about the players training well “according to reports”. That’s most likely from the DOF.

I didn’t know what to make of it towards the end, when Amit made a comment about Ruben spending a lot of time at the new training ground.

Anyway biggest thing I took from that was that they really don’t want to go down. Echoing what Les said in his interview with Clive.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024