Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Balogun fans meeting minutes 22:53 - Apr 12 with 8303 viewsRangersw12

http://qprdot.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=83252

Pretty interesting meeting and I wonder if he's been promised a new contract here if he stays fit
Balogun fans meeting minutes on 23:20 - Apr 12 with 4573 viewsTacticalR

I didn't think there were any Balogun fans.

Air hostess clique

(No subject) (n/t) on 23:20 - Apr 12 with 4564 viewsgolborne

Balogun fans meeting minutes on 23:22 - Apr 12 with 4559 viewsgolborne

Hopefully he does, and is

Best defender we’ve had here for years. The oversight on his actual injury is the medical teams fault, not his.
Balogun fans meeting minutes on 23:43 - Apr 12 with 4500 viewsLazyFan

Balogun fans meeting minutes on 23:22 - Apr 12 by golborne

Best defender we’ve had here for years. The oversight on his actual injury is the medical teams fault, not his.

This is true.

But he has made a hash of it all. Yes, it's not his fault, but its also not the fans. It's the medical team, but as they are also employed by his bosses too, QPR should have instead said something like this instead ...

"I apologise to all QPR fans for being out, but it was down to a misdiagnosis of my injury. Finally, we have cleared this up, I am back fit and we have hopefully solved this now as I am desperate to get back to playing every game until the end of the season to ensure QPR avoid relation. Once again I deeply apologise to all QPR fans".

And then left it at that. I am not sure he did that.
So, this mess is of his own making.

zzzzzzzzzz

Balogun fans meeting minutes on 23:58 - Apr 12 with 4457 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

That was fascinating to read. Thanks for posting.

If it is a PR stunt it’s an impressive one. If it’s genuine then it gives me hope for the run in.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2023 0:01]
Balogun fans meeting minutes on 00:12 - Apr 13 with 4439 viewsOakR

Interesting read.

He comes acroos well IMO.

Some won't believe the injury stuff, some will.

I'll take it at face value which hopefully means he is in and committed when we need him most, which can only be good.

Poll: Will we stay up?

Balogun fans meeting minutes on 07:09 - Apr 13 with 4192 viewsNorthernr

Balogun fans meeting minutes on 23:22 - Apr 12 by golborne

Yeh as long as next season is only ten games long and all the opposition strikers are only as fast as Chris Martin it'll be fine.
Balogun fans meeting minutes on 07:40 - Apr 13 with 4087 viewsdistortR

Balogun fans meeting minutes on 07:09 - Apr 13 by Northernr

Yeh as long as next season is only ten games long and all the opposition strikers are only as fast as Chris Martin it'll be fine.

Ooohhhhhhhh, you're a tough audience.

I wouldn't say that we are a particularly 'young team'. We have a number of players in their mid-twenties who haven't played much, because a) they are injury prone, or b) not good enough, but we aren't young.
Login to get fewer ads

Balogun fans meeting minutes on 07:43 - Apr 13 with 4071 viewsNorthernr

Balogun fans meeting minutes on 07:40 - Apr 13 by distortR

Ooohhhhhhhh, you're a tough audience.

I wouldn't say that we are a particularly 'young team'. We have a number of players in their mid-twenties who haven't played much, because a) they are injury prone, or b) not good enough, but we aren't young.

We had three 34 year olds starting for us on Monday.

There's some proper insane stuff going round at the moment. We've drawn one game at West Brom. Two wins in 25 now. 33 defeats in the last 63 games. And we're talking contract renewals. Mind blowing.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Balogun fans meeting minutes on 07:48 - Apr 13 with 4041 viewstoboboly

Balogun fans meeting minutes on 07:43 - Apr 13 by Northernr

There's some proper insane stuff going round at the moment. We've drawn one game at West Brom. Two wins in 25 now. 33 defeats in the last 63 games. And we're talking contract renewals. Mind blowing.

This, we are so easily pleased/naïve.

We are a terrible team, none of them deserve a contract extension, especially this guy. His errors v PNE and Wigan shouldn't ever see him play for us again let alone warrant a contract extension.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Balogun fans meeting minutes on 07:53 - Apr 13 with 4033 viewsEastR

Let's not forget we binned Barbet only to bring Balogun in subsequently.
If you're angry about this whole saga that should be directed to where decisions like that are signed off. Genius

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Balogun fans meeting minutes on 08:04 - Apr 13 with 3990 viewsDWQPR

Balogun fans meeting minutes on 07:53 - Apr 13 by EastR

If you're angry about this whole saga that should be directed to where decisions like that are signed off. Genius

Throw Clarke-Salter into the mix as well. If we survive this season by some sort of luck then it needs to be remembered that based on the last 25 games we are by far the worst team in the league with something like 12-13 points. Well adrift of the rest of the relegation pack. And this is down to the players with attitudes like Balogun, Laird, Clarke-Salter, Roberts, Richards etc. They have the place out.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Balogun fans meeting minutes on 08:21 - Apr 13 with 3939 viewsR_from_afar

Balogun fans meeting minutes on 07:53 - Apr 13 by EastR

I really miss Barbet but although we could have done more to keep him, I am pretty sure I read he wanted to go back to France....

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Balogun fans meeting minutes on 08:26 - Apr 13 with 3925 viewsPhilmyRs

Balogun fans meeting minutes on 08:04 - Apr 13 by DWQPR

Throw Clarke-Salter into the mix as well. If we survive this season by some sort of luck then it needs to be remembered that based on the last 25 games we are by far the worst team in the league with something like 12-13 points. Well adrift of the rest of the relegation pack. And this is down to the players with attitudes like Balogun, Laird, Clarke-Salter, Roberts, Richards etc. They have the place out.

See - I just don't get views like this. Unless people have met the individuals or more likely to have heard inside information about the attitudes of the players, how can you say all those named individuals have stunk the place out and are the cause of our problems?

Listening to what Balogun had to say, seemed like he wanted to be out on the pitch to help the team, had time for the fans and spoke about past relegation experiences he's faced and that it puts him in a good place to help. Not saying we should retain his services but if a player is generally injured and not able to play for us, how is this mess his fault? Surely the lack of squad depth, the signing of players that are injury prone is the issue. Where we can rightfully tear into the players and have a go is when their performances have been unacceptable and a lack of effort is shown which I personally wouldn't level at Balogun, I'd say he's just been useless for us because he's not been an option due to injury. If you think he's faked that injury, fair enough, I'd disagree though.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2023 8:28]
Balogun fans meeting minutes on 08:52 - Apr 13 with 3819 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Isn’t it practical that all clubs look at contracts right now with five games led to go? This is very different to offering them.
Balogun fans meeting minutes on 08:58 - Apr 13 with 3803 viewsconnell10

Balogun fans meeting minutes on 08:26 - Apr 13 by PhilmyRs

See - I just don't get views like this. Unless people have met the individuals or more likely to have heard inside information about the attitudes of the players, how can you say all those named individuals have stunk the place out and are the cause of our problems?

Listening to what Balogun had to say, seemed like he wanted to be out on the pitch to help the team, had time for the fans and spoke about past relegation experiences he's faced and that it puts him in a good place to help. Not saying we should retain his services but if a player is generally injured and not able to play for us, how is this mess his fault? Surely the lack of squad depth, the signing of players that are injury prone is the issue. Where we can rightfully tear into the players and have a go is when their performances have been unacceptable and a lack of effort is shown which I personally wouldn't level at Balogun, I'd say he's just been useless for us because he's not been an option due to injury. If you think he's faked that injury, fair enough, I'd disagree though.

Balogun would be the first out of the door if i were in charge next season, to old and inury prone and one of Boil faces little clique!BALOBEGONE!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Balogun fans meeting minutes on 09:00 - Apr 13 with 3796 viewssprocket

I wouldn't have him anywhere near a QPR facility next season. Good grief.
Balogun fans meeting minutes on 09:09 - Apr 13 with 3743 viewsslmrstid

Its interesting to read Ethan Laird come up in the conversation at the training ground, and obviously its become a bit of a recurring joke on here and Clive mentioned it in his Preston report about when he came off...

But I will defend him for the Preston one because it was right in front of us in Ellerslie that he came off, he wasn't on this occasion pulling at any hamstrings, and you could actually see in his face he was really pissed off to be coming off. I get why he was taken off in that game as Albert came on to try and bring in some level of better attacking threat (not that it really panned out that way...) but I definitely didn't see any wimping out from Laird that day.
Balogun fans meeting minutes on 09:18 - Apr 13 with 3700 viewsPhilmyRs

Balogun fans meeting minutes on 08:58 - Apr 13 by connell10

Balogun would be the first out of the door if i were in charge next season, to old and inury prone and one of Boil faces little clique!BALOBEGONE!

I wouldn't keep him either for the 'old and injury' prone reasons. I think the "Beale clique" and doesn't try arguments aren't ones I buy into with Balogun. Can't think of any times I've seen him play for us and thought he was really poor or didn't try. Just that we haven't seen him enough because he's injury prone and so shouldn't be retained. We are a better side with him though I have to say and with the alarming decline with Rob Dickie, we really could have done with him a month or two ago.
Balogun fans meeting minutes on 09:38 - Apr 13 with 3641 viewsSK_hoops

Balogun fans meeting minutes on 09:18 - Apr 13 by PhilmyRs

I wouldn't keep him either for the 'old and injury' prone reasons. I think the "Beale clique" and doesn't try arguments aren't ones I buy into with Balogun. Can't think of any times I've seen him play for us and thought he was really poor or didn't try. Just that we haven't seen him enough because he's injury prone and so shouldn't be retained. We are a better side with him though I have to say and with the alarming decline with Rob Dickie, we really could have done with him a month or two ago.

The penalty against Wigan, trotting along aimlessly with the ball near the box, falling over and almost giving them a goal against Preston, him and Dunne running into each other for the second Preston goal and then just jogging back, while Dunne busted a gut to try and win the ball back.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2023 11:04]
Balogun fans meeting minutes on 10:10 - Apr 13 with 3571 viewsterryb

Balogun fans meeting minutes on 08:21 - Apr 13 by R_from_afar

I really miss Barbet but although we could have done more to keep him, I am pretty sure I read he wanted to go back to France....

For the 100th time, this was just social media talk.

He lived in London, married a London girl & had his inlaws living close enough to carry out the baby sitting.

Plus he said that he wanted to stay & play for Queens Park Rangers, but the club wouldn't make him an offer!
Balogun fans meeting minutes on 10:40 - Apr 13 with 3467 viewsDWQPR

Balogun fans meeting minutes on 08:26 - Apr 13 by PhilmyRs

Sorry but it is the same for me thing. Players suddenly become fit towards the end of their contracts to put themselves in the shop window. Laird never had injury issues before. Clarke-Sapter admittedly yes, but not to the extent that he has this season. Roberts is an absolute waster, the only thing in his favour was that he missed the World Cup. Richards I just cannot make out at all.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Balogun fans meeting minutes on 10:51 - Apr 13 with 3437 viewsWatford_Ranger

I’m told he was quite good at WBA despite conceding two more farcical goals.

He was dreadful against Preston IMO after the brain fart at Wigan.

He’s 35 in June and has made 149 league starts in his entire career.

Borderline conman.
Balogun fans meeting minutes on 10:58 - Apr 13 with 3419 viewsLanhoop

Can I just jump into this and say well done to those fans for conducting themselves so well and thanks to SM for writing it up
Balogun fans meeting minutes on 11:38 - Apr 13 with 3283 viewsPhilmyRs

Balogun fans meeting minutes on 09:38 - Apr 13 by SK_hoops

The penalty against Wigan, trotting along aimlessly with the ball near the box, falling over and almost giving them a goal against Preston, him and Dunne running into each other for the second Preston goal and then just jogging back, while Dunne busted a gut to try and win the ball back.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2023 11:04]

You mean giving a penalty away after being out for around 3 months and unsurprisingly being very rusty. I don’t find this something to get too worked up about. How about a quick look at our record with and without him before the injury?

Stoke away, we drew 0-0, kept a clean sheet, decent performance
Won 2-0 away at Millwall, another cleansheet.
Lost 1 nil at Stoke, stoke missed a pen (Balogun wasn’t playing).
Lost 2 nill at Birmingham.
Beat Wigan 2-1 (Balgoun scored)
Beat Cardiff 3-0.
Lost away at Luton 3-1 (no Balagun).
Beat Reading 2-1
Beat Sheff Utd away 1-0
Beat Bristol City away 2-1,
Lost to Coventry 2-0 (Balgun wasn’t playing)
Lost to Huddesfield 2-1
Lost to West Brom 1-0
Drew away with Norwich 0-0

So of those 14 games, we lost 6 and in half of those games there was NO Balogun). Every cleansheet and every win during that period we had Balogun as centre back. We know how things have been during the period of him being out. This is my reason for saying we’re a better team with him in, the stats seem to back it up. Compare his performances to Rob Dickie and it’s night and day. But NO, I wouldn't waste money signing him on a new contract but it's clear we are better with him in the team.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024