Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Martin not staying 12:40 - Jul 1 with 11036 viewsSydneyRs

More surprisingly good news after the Dykes contract. Felt sure he'd stay on.

Did the job he came in to do and scored some crucial goals, especially Burnley away. Time for both parties to move on though.
Martin not staying on 23:11 - Jul 1 with 3923 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Martin not staying on 13:48 - Jul 1 by Loyalitat

The forwards need to do better and fulfil all aspects of their job description and either start scoring or score more. Starting with Dykes, 8 in nearly 40 league games last season is simply not good enough. Hope someone does come in, but as to whom is anyone's guess.

Martin scored 4 goals in his short period, which is only two fewer than Lyndon's total in open play. Thanks for your contribution on and off the field Chris Martin.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2023 17:31]

I think if we’re going to be fussy about goals not from open play then next season is going to be tough.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2023 0:38]
Martin not staying on 23:28 - Jul 1 with 3860 viewsPunteR

He was decent. Much better than my ignorant preconceived opinions of the Norwich/Derby Chris Martin. A footballer that perhaps raised his game, fitness and professionalism as he got older and realised what a short career football really is.
Respect to him. He showed us up as a club really .
Done his job, got paid, we move on.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Martin not staying on 23:56 - Jul 1 with 3801 viewsBurnleyhoop

Martin not staying on 15:11 - Jul 1 by Antti_Heinola

I don't think we'll have the luxury of sending Armstrong out on loan. We don't have the money to sign a striker, who always come at a premium, so we're going to have to start using him more ourselves. What can't be denied is that he made big impacts when he actually got on the pitch. If they can get his fitness up, we need to start seeing him appear in most games. I saw big improvements in him between the start and end of the season - what he needs to add is goals. Even 7-8 goals for him next season would be a great start.

Like a rabbit in the headlights at the first sight of goal. Zero composure and the touch of a crab.

Having said that, scared the living daylights out of the Burnley defence at Turf Moor. Really not sure what to make of him. Need to see him have a run of 5 or 6 games to make my mind up.
Martin not staying on 01:38 - Jul 2 with 3693 viewsLazyFan

Martin won many headers and held up the ball well, also could score.

He was clearly on his last legs but had a hidden quality that came out only once you saw him in your team. This quality was that he's a smart and clever pro who extended his career by tapping into his experience and skill.

I suspect we shall sign an attacker on loan, possibly Lowe again and another. That's the only way we can afford forwards as they cost too much to buy.

zzzzzzzzzz

Martin not staying on 01:45 - Jul 2 with 3675 viewstimeforheroes

Contrary to popular belief and what we 'should' be doing would've signed him for another year if the money was right, seemed like a good bloke and a decent striker when it came down to it. Would've thought he was one of ainsworth's 'generals' and even allowing for that played in a good footballing side at Fulham. Wish him the besy
Martin not staying on 07:36 - Jul 2 with 3461 viewsstevec

Massively underrated CF and by all accounts, the right type.

Was amazed at the scorn when he arrived and yet we seem to give all the time in the world to some of the clowns we have down here, masquerading as pros.

Best of luck to him.
Martin not staying on 09:43 - Jul 2 with 3267 viewsPaddyhoops

Martin not staying on 07:36 - Jul 2 by stevec

Massively underrated CF and by all accounts, the right type.

Was amazed at the scorn when he arrived and yet we seem to give all the time in the world to some of the clowns we have down here, masquerading as pros.

Best of luck to him.

Spot on . I started a thread a while ago about the merits of him staying or going .
It was devisive to say the least.
Fair enough , he was cumbersome and slow at times but we owe him a great debt for his nous and contribution to keeping us in this division.
Correct decision not to offer him a contract. Time to move on.
Martin not staying on 10:35 - Jul 2 with 3174 viewshoops_legend

Will go down as a great signing and one who probably was reason we stayed up. I do however think it’s best left there and we look forward and we all remember fondly rather than him becoming a new Iain Dowie
Login to get fewer ads

Martin not staying on 11:34 - Jul 2 with 3109 viewsQPROslo

Lowe and Martin made a huge contribution in keeping us up with that goal at Burnley. Ainsworth obviously found him one of his key "generals" and I'm a little surprised he's not been kept on to continue that role, and as back-up to Dykes. Martin probably made the decision to leave us and stay closer to home at Swindon at this late stage of his career, and the overall financial package there may have been as good at least as we could offer.
Martin not staying on 16:18 - Jul 2 with 2917 viewsRangersw12

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-in-ongoing-talks-with-veteran-striker?ut
Martin not staying on 16:20 - Jul 2 with 2912 viewsAntti_Heinola

Martin not staying on 16:18 - Jul 2 by Rangersw12

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-in-ongoing-talks-with-veteran-striker?ut

Jesus Christ even when we make the right decision we try to fk it up

Bare bones.

Martin not staying on 16:38 - Jul 2 with 2856 viewsE15Hoop

Martin not staying on 16:20 - Jul 2 by Antti_Heinola

Jesus Christ even when we make the right decision we try to fk it up

Its pretty stupid of the club to offically announce his departure if they're still in discussions with him. Would love to know who's scored that PR own goal.
Martin not staying on 16:38 - Jul 2 with 2862 viewsloftboy

Martin not staying on 01:38 - Jul 2 by LazyFan

Martin won many headers and held up the ball well, also could score.

He was clearly on his last legs but had a hidden quality that came out only once you saw him in your team. This quality was that he's a smart and clever pro who extended his career by tapping into his experience and skill.

I suspect we shall sign an attacker on loan, possibly Lowe again and another. That's the only way we can afford forwards as they cost too much to buy.

I heard Lowe is going to Pompey

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Martin not staying on 17:03 - Jul 2 with 2774 viewsdistortR

Martin not staying on 01:45 - Jul 2 by timeforheroes

Contrary to popular belief and what we 'should' be doing would've signed him for another year if the money was right, seemed like a good bloke and a decent striker when it came down to it. Would've thought he was one of ainsworth's 'generals' and even allowing for that played in a good footballing side at Fulham. Wish him the besy

have to remember he's a year on, and the years catch up on you disproportionally.
Also, I think our forwards are going to have to have legs this coming season...the ball is going to be transitioned quickly from back to front, I imagine.
Martin not staying on 17:05 - Jul 2 with 2759 viewsnumptydumpty

Martin not staying on 16:38 - Jul 2 by loftboy

I heard Lowe is going to Pompey

I saw my Pompey mate today.

The picture of Lowe in a Pompey shirt from years ago. It's an Internet rumour started by an "ITK" individual who is creative with cut and paste.

If people think we have no money, Pompey have less.

I guess it's possible Lowe could come here but I personally feel he is potentially a bit lightweight and too expensive for us for what he provides.

I felt Martin would have been still here and despite him being a relative success for what he did here. Crucial goals and a bit of a lump up front. I felt his nous through his years was evident but personally myself I would not wish him this season but feel the club will take up this option.

If its as a coach cum occasional player perhaps but solely as a squad member, I would be against but guess in all reality it is dependent on who we can and will get in by way as replacement.

Feel we not even shopping at Lidls or Aldi, it's more like Home Bargains or Poundland !!!
[Post edited 2 Jul 2023 17:07]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Martin not staying on 17:26 - Jul 2 with 2683 viewsterryb

Martin not staying on 16:38 - Jul 2 by E15Hoop

Its pretty stupid of the club to offically announce his departure if they're still in discussions with him. Would love to know who's scored that PR own goal.

Perhaps the club know more about the situation than WLS?

I've not read the article , so my apologies if that was covered!
Martin not staying on 17:29 - Jul 2 with 2679 viewsQPROslo

Martin not staying on 16:18 - Jul 2 by Rangersw12

Wiki has him at Swindon already...
Martin not staying on 17:33 - Jul 2 with 2657 viewsE15Hoop

Martin not staying on 17:26 - Jul 2 by terryb

Perhaps the club know more about the situation than WLS?

I've not read the article , so my apologies if that was covered!

The WLS piece is dated today, whilst the piece on the website is dated yesterday, and the WLS piece makes specific reference to the fact the Martin officially left on Friday.
The tone of the WLS piece is effectively "don't believe that this door has been closed".
Martin not staying on 20:06 - Jul 2 with 2387 viewsE17hoop

Martin not staying on 17:33 - Jul 2 by E15Hoop

The WLS piece is dated today, whilst the piece on the website is dated yesterday, and the WLS piece makes specific reference to the fact the Martin officially left on Friday.
The tone of the WLS piece is effectively "don't believe that this door has been closed".

My guess is that we have offered a lower amount than he was on before and created a contract break with new T&C, probably based on appearances, fitness, etc.

Anyone can edit Wikipedia at any time so it being on there is no better than a clickbait site.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

Martin not staying on 14:38 - Jul 3 with 1780 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Martin not staying on 20:06 - Jul 2 by E17hoop

My guess is that we have offered a lower amount than he was on before and created a contract break with new T&C, probably based on appearances, fitness, etc.

Anyone can edit Wikipedia at any time so it being on there is no better than a clickbait site.

He was referring to West London Sport, not Wikipedia. The club announced Martin's departure on 1 Jul but on the 2 Jul WLS reported that despite the official departure, talks between the club and Martin are on-going.
Martin not staying on 14:54 - Jul 3 with 1693 viewsSuperhoop83

Martin not staying on 14:38 - Jul 3 by Benny_the_Ball

He was referring to West London Sport, not Wikipedia. The club announced Martin's departure on 1 Jul but on the 2 Jul WLS reported that despite the official departure, talks between the club and Martin are on-going.

#announcemartinhasdefinitelyleftforgood

He played a vital role in keeping us up but let's leave it at that, please.

Suffering since 1978.

Martin not staying on 14:56 - Jul 3 with 1679 viewsSimplyNico

"My guess is that we have offered a lower amount than he was on before and created a contract break with new T&C, probably based on appearances, fitness, etc."

Alternatively, his contract was fixed term through to 30 June (in the usual way with such contracts), it came to an end through effluxion of time, without any break, and they are negotiating with him to see if he will stay.
Martin not staying on 16:14 - Jul 3 with 1542 viewsterryb

Martin not staying on 14:56 - Jul 3 by SimplyNico

"My guess is that we have offered a lower amount than he was on before and created a contract break with new T&C, probably based on appearances, fitness, etc."

Alternatively, his contract was fixed term through to 30 June (in the usual way with such contracts), it came to an end through effluxion of time, without any break, and they are negotiating with him to see if he will stay.

I can understand that Nico & it is a possibility.

However, the club made no mention of Balogun leaving the club & his contract would have ended on 30th June as well.
Martin not staying on 16:16 - Jul 3 with 1532 viewsaston_hoop

Martin not staying on 16:14 - Jul 3 by terryb

I can understand that Nico & it is a possibility.

However, the club made no mention of Balogun leaving the club & his contract would have ended on 30th June as well.

Balogun was mentioned as released in the initial link whereas Martin was in discussions

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/retained-list-100523/

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Martin not staying on 16:22 - Jul 3 with 1502 viewsterryb

Martin not staying on 16:16 - Jul 3 by aston_hoop

Balogun was mentioned as released in the initial link whereas Martin was in discussions

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/retained-list-100523/

Cheers Aston. I totally forgot that he was mentioned at that time!

Martin is the only player named as talks continuing that hasn't signed a new contract.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024