Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? 03:49 - Aug 6 with 32289 viewsSydneyRs

We all know things look very grim right now and many want him gone, but is there actually anyone available that would firstly even entertain this job and secondly be any better than GA given the obvious constraints?

I genuinely feel for the guy and believe he's giving it everything he has. But the constant forced positivity interviews that are getting very repetitive are wearing thin. He's inherited a mess for sure but it still feels like a lot of the players aren't having him or possibly just aren't having the club any more.

Its tough. He clearly had players at Wycombe who bought in and was able to build a culture there, but as we know there's a few here with questionable levels of commitment to say the least. How on earth can he turn it around and if not him who else could do better with no money available?
Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 04:43 - Aug 6 with 13701 viewsLoftgirl

For the first time since he's been here, I didn't watch the post match interview. It's like Groundhog Day.
Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 05:24 - Aug 6 with 13656 views08olesen

I go on about it but Warbs is what we need. The guy is the epitome of calm and collected and that is what we need right now. He knows the club and understands finance too.

GA's whole attitude around us being lucky to be here really frustrates me. We are not wycombe and he needs to stop acting like we are.

We simply cannot go and assemble a whole squad for GA and then sack him in 6 games time when the window is closed. Get him out now and get Warbs in before he goes elsewhere and we are properly screwed.

Poll: Who will the other play off

Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 06:09 - Aug 6 with 13592 viewsPlanetHonneywood

The response of the fanbase was pretty unanimous on the prospect of his return: that this wasn't a good idea, and had the potential to go horribly wrong.

Thus, what's transpired is of no surprise to us. Of course, when I say us, that doesn't include the boardroom bellends who, yet again, have made another poor decision.

The problem since August 2011, no institutional football intelligence in the place. In fact, no intelligence at all. Every problem at QPR emanates from the top, and after 12 years of it, not sure how much more stretch the elastic has.

QPR will remain in perpetual doom until such time as we have fools driving the bus.

Personally, I had hoped after a litany of cowboys, the Indians might be an improvement. Turns out they were bigger clowns.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 06:24 - Aug 6 with 13562 viewsDejR_vu

There is somewhere, but the chances of these owners finding that person is about as high as me landing on the moon on a Space Hopper.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 06:35 - Aug 6 with 13531 viewsLblock

There was an oven ready alternative for a short term tenure pre Gareth

Warnock was the right man at the right time
The clowns didn’t want exposing so he was ruled out and never considered
He’s got many faults, I’ve heard all the rumours, but the club needed a back to basics approach with certain elements fcukd off out of it. He’d of done that I reckon.
An experienced head with loads of contacts would probably have got some decent leaders into the dressing room an all.

My feeling is that the word throughout the game is don’t go near Queens Park Rangers unless they offer you mega money and a three year contract weighed heavily in your favour. We are clearly a club heading rapidly for total implosion
Novice Park Rangers FC
Clueless owners + First time DoF + Idiot Mafia coaches / cheap managers + useless recruitment Dept + apathetic fans = disaster

So tge answer is no realistic alternative to poor old Gareth who will remain like Comical Ali post match to the end unless he considers his own sanity and resigns.
Then Paul Hall or another one of the Idiot Mafia Jobs for the Lads club will be handed the reigns to continue the embarrassment

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 07:23 - Aug 6 with 13387 viewsQPROslo

Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 05:24 - Aug 6 by 08olesen

I go on about it but Warbs is what we need. The guy is the epitome of calm and collected and that is what we need right now. He knows the club and understands finance too.

GA's whole attitude around us being lucky to be here really frustrates me. We are not wycombe and he needs to stop acting like we are.

We simply cannot go and assemble a whole squad for GA and then sack him in 6 games time when the window is closed. Get him out now and get Warbs in before he goes elsewhere and we are properly screwed.

100% this too.
Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 08:19 - Aug 6 with 13185 viewstraininvain

And most the players know Warburton and respect him. We need someone who can get the best out of the likes of Willock, Chair, Dykes etc. Warburton’s proven he can do that.
Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 08:25 - Aug 6 with 13148 viewsDejR_vu

Couldn’t agree more but, if you’re Mark Warburton, why, on earth would you come back here?

Login to get fewer ads

Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 08:36 - Aug 6 with 13105 viewsQPROslo

Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 08:25 - Aug 6 by DejR_vu

Couldn’t agree more but, if you’re Mark Warburton, why, on earth would you come back here?

1) DoF and Head Coach too for a while.
2) A new challenge at a great Club he knows well with some players who he clearly respected and got respect back from
3) Supposedly well-off and may not need mammoth remuneration.

There are probably more reasons for him not to!
[Post edited 6 Aug 2023 8:37]
Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 08:52 - Aug 6 with 12993 viewsChrisNW6

Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 08:36 - Aug 6 by QPROslo

2) A new challenge at a great Club he knows well with some players who he clearly respected and got respect back from

I am guessing it would cost at least £2m to pay off the current coaching team and Warbs would not want to come back with zero budget. Plus, just because he's wealthy doesn't mean he wouldn't want a three year deal for him and his team.

It's never going to happen.

I don't think the club can afford a management change and if they did we would be left with Ramsey/Furlong/Hall until the end of the season.

Best hope is we sell Willock quickly, free up funds for 2 mediocre players, a couple of loans, get players fit and get a dirty dozen scrapping for points.
Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 08:54 - Aug 6 with 12976 viewsArcticHoop

There are few names available who has done good job at this level,but are they interested and some of the names are unpopular among R´s fans (Nathan Jones, Chris Wilder),but i´m sure they are a miles better what we have now.

I believe that once we can get those 2 new cb in and Colback fit we get better defensively,but we are still clueless going forward and don´t be any threat at all. And what really annoys me is that GA constantly talk us as a underdogs against almost every team we play against. If that is the mentality the not very motivating for the players and don´t lift the confidence
[Post edited 6 Aug 2023 8:55]
Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 09:00 - Aug 6 with 12912 viewsgazza1

Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 07:23 - Aug 6 by QPROslo

100% this too.

There is no doubt that Warbs is a far better Manager than GA. Warbs blew his chances here and he had to go - 100%. Big shame but you cannot behave like he did. No point is going on about Warbs.

What is becoming very clear is that GA is finding it tough and maybe not talented enough to manage a Championship side.
Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 09:00 - Aug 6 with 12926 viewsQPROslo

Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 08:52 - Aug 6 by ChrisNW6

I am guessing it would cost at least £2m to pay off the current coaching team and Warbs would not want to come back with zero budget. Plus, just because he's wealthy doesn't mean he wouldn't want a three year deal for him and his team.

It's never going to happen.

I don't think the club can afford a management change and if they did we would be left with Ramsey/Furlong/Hall until the end of the season.

Best hope is we sell Willock quickly, free up funds for 2 mediocre players, a couple of loans, get players fit and get a dirty dozen scrapping for points.

There are probably ways to remunerate a new Manager in part after this season. for FFP. Probably not to be quit Gareth and company. But surely he has got to go now.
Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 09:02 - Aug 6 with 12903 viewsDejR_vu

Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 08:36 - Aug 6 by QPROslo

Well, I guess if he has absolutely no other choices, but if he has any at all, I’m thinking he’s not coming back to the club he, under the circumstances, did a great job at and was shown the door by, because the deluded owners/DoF appointed by them, thought they could do better, when those said deluded owners are still here, have destroyed everything, within 12 months, he spent 3 years putting together, and have all but driven the club into the ground. I wish/hope I’m wrong, we would at least have a tiny chance.

Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 09:03 - Aug 6 with 12906 viewssupahoopsa

1. Mark Warburton
2. Chris Houghton - pretty sure he's with Ghana ATM, but perhaps we could tempt him?
3. Graham Potter - he no longer needs the money

Blue & White hooped blood runs through the family

Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? (n/t) on 09:07 - Aug 6 with 12878 viewsQPROslo

Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 09:02 - Aug 6 by DejR_vu

Well, I guess if he has absolutely no other choices, but if he has any at all, I’m thinking he’s not coming back to the club he, under the circumstances, did a great job at and was shown the door by, because the deluded owners/DoF appointed by them, thought they could do better, when those said deluded owners are still here, have destroyed everything, within 12 months, he spent 3 years putting together, and have all but driven the club into the ground. I wish/hope I’m wrong, we would at least have a tiny chance.

I don't know who the driving force in not renewing Warburton's contract was, but Les was probably well involved in that and he has gone now. So a part of that problem is removed.

Also I remember Warburton moving out and bringing in many, many players during his first close-seasons with us. A job that desperately needs doing again now. He looks well qualified for it.
[Post edited 6 Aug 2023 9:12]
Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 09:15 - Aug 6 with 12837 viewsPhilmyRs

Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 09:03 - Aug 6 by supahoopsa

1. Mark Warburton
2. Chris Houghton - pretty sure he's with Ghana ATM, but perhaps we could tempt him?
3. Graham Potter - he no longer needs the money

Thought GA was a huge mistake from the outset and regularly flagged his flaws last term but do think there were some mitigating circumstances for yesterday’s horror show and to sack him after that is incredibly unfair. I would have shaken hands at the end of last season and brought a new face in and allowed them preseason. Given me didn’t do that it makes little sense to abandon the approach after one game so need to give him more time. I do think he’ll have departed by Christmas, if not sooner though.

In terms of successors, Gary O’Neil seemed to do a decent job at Bournemouth, background in working with young players, good coach of players etc. although no idea if he’s back in work now and the tough job he’d have with us may be one he’s not keen on
Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 09:15 - Aug 6 with 12833 viewsQPerthR

I seem to remember that people complained a lot that Warburton didn’t have a plan B , are you hoping he found one by now
Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 09:19 - Aug 6 with 12787 viewsstevec

We’ve got a mixture of players who don’t want to play for the club and players who are not good enough at this level.

Gareth has had a summer to rectify that and doesn’t seem to have made a dent in the problem, in some cases he’s even added to it.

I don’t think it would be fair to lumber another manager with this bunch, give GA a chance to dig himself out of this mess, at least until it is beyond doubt that’s he’s not equipped to manage this club.

He needs to get the best part of an eleven out there who he can trust and can compete at this level. Tough ask, but start by building around Colbert. Field alongside, and one other. Perhaps give the road runner Duke fella a chance. Build an uncompromising three across centre mid.

So short on fit and able backs. Hopefully Dunne, Fox alongside. That’s a start. Paal should do also. But we have to get a championship standard right back above all else, because there we are totally fcked.

How you try to get goals out of a three in front of that, I haven’t a clue. Dykes does a job, is literally the only forward who’s scored as much as a goal at this level but is very limited, and I don’t know how you fit Sinclair into that equation, but somehow we have to and then pray.

It’s a right old mess, but it’s the boards mess and Gareth’s mess, fckin sort it out.
Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 09:31 - Aug 6 with 12707 viewsSK_hoops

Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 09:15 - Aug 6 by QPerthR

I seem to remember that people complained a lot that Warburton didn’t have a plan B , are you hoping he found one by now

At least he had a plan A. Not convinced Ainsworth has.
Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 09:43 - Aug 6 with 12645 viewsRangersDave

Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 09:00 - Aug 6 by gazza1

There is no doubt that Warbs is a far better Manager than GA. Warbs blew his chances here and he had to go - 100%. Big shame but you cannot behave like he did. No point is going on about Warbs.

What is becoming very clear is that GA is finding it tough and maybe not talented enough to manage a Championship side.

But we are not a championship side.

We have no money, no talent, and crappy players.

If its Gareth or Pepp in charge, you cannot make a silk purse out of a sow's ear, simples!

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 09:49 - Aug 6 with 12614 viewsRangersw12

Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 09:43 - Aug 6 by RangersDave

But we are not a championship side.

We have no money, no talent, and crappy players.

If its Gareth or Pepp in charge, you cannot make a silk purse out of a sow's ear, simples!

You can still set up far better than we did yesterday regardless of the standard of players .
Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 09:56 - Aug 6 with 12594 viewsridethewave

Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 08:54 - Aug 6 by ArcticHoop

There are few names available who has done good job at this level,but are they interested and some of the names are unpopular among R´s fans (Nathan Jones, Chris Wilder),but i´m sure they are a miles better what we have now.

I believe that once we can get those 2 new cb in and Colback fit we get better defensively,but we are still clueless going forward and don´t be any threat at all. And what really annoys me is that GA constantly talk us as a underdogs against almost every team we play against. If that is the mentality the not very motivating for the players and don´t lift the confidence
[Post edited 6 Aug 2023 8:55]

I can’t agree that a couple new centre backs will solve (or even improve) this defence. Kakay is not good enough, and even with two relatively experienced CBS last year GA still couldn’t get us remotely shored up at the back.

Someone else made the point that we may have been losing under Critchley, but this was by and large with finer margins in terms of goals and possession, and against mostly teams in the top half. GA’s defensive record against teams mostly in the bottom half (some beneath us at the time) is shambolic. Our inability to defend is as much a manager problem as a player one.

We are well and truly in the sh*t this year, and the board have left themselves with nowhere to go.
Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 10:02 - Aug 6 with 12554 viewsnadera78

The Mark Warburton who lost £25million in 2021/22 chasing promotion and caused us to be in the dire FFP situation we are now? That Mark Warburton?
Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 10:18 - Aug 6 with 12489 viewsSimplyNico

Wilder. Available and probably looking to prove a point given the way his last three gigs have ended.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024