Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Positives thread. 14:27 - Aug 6 with 11185 viewsHooping_Mad

Anyone want to add what they saw as something/anything positive from yesterday's action?

We have plenty of negative threads so maybe we can use this to focus on any rays of light?

Mine were:
New GK is going to give us real value for money, looks a better shot stopper than Dieng. His shoulders aren't made of dynamite like Archers so that's a solid plus too.

SDM looks like he wants to take any chance given to him, talent aside his attitude is a plus.

Armstrong loves a row when he comes on, will argue with anyone and I like that, it does smack of a slight lack of maturity but shows his intent and drive and will to want to win.

Dykes worked hard, think his legs were gone when he missed his chance.

Gubbins got a smack in the face and didn't do a Lumley. Impressed with how he persevered in tough circumstances.

Surprised we didn't see Adomah and the new LB, thought the game presented an opportunity for both to show up.

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

The Positives thread. on 15:04 - Aug 6 with 7388 viewsLogman

There was effort and the application was there in parts. It's just that it doesn't really have any impact if the tactics or the decision making is wrong. If we can be a bit more pragmatic about having a team in which we have several limited players then it will help.
The Positives thread. on 15:17 - Aug 6 with 7317 viewsPinnerPaul

The Positives thread. on 15:04 - Aug 6 by Logman

There was effort and the application was there in parts. It's just that it doesn't really have any impact if the tactics or the decision making is wrong. If we can be a bit more pragmatic about having a team in which we have several limited players then it will help.

Fox, Colback and maybe the other new bloke on the bench , SHOULD improve and therefore SHOULD improve the team..

Window not shut so sure we will get another forward body in.

Hate calling players out but surely anyone in place of Dozzell will be an improvement.

Final one, with maybe a negative attached - GA said ther were heated words afterwads - good - they care but also said we had to pull together but that infers they are not.
The Positives thread. on 15:18 - Aug 6 with 7313 viewsAntti_Heinola

The only positives I can come up with is that, conceivably, the team that is starting by the end of Sept will be very different to this one. It's not unusual to start a season with an XI that by March you're thinking 'holy crap, how did we put THAT lot out and think it would work - for any club.

A team of:

Begovic

New RB Dunne JCS Fox

Field Colback Paal

Armstrong Dykes Chair

at least looks competitive.

That's all I've got.

Bare bones.

The Positives thread. on 15:20 - Aug 6 with 7291 viewsdaveB

The kit looked nice
The Positives thread. on 15:21 - Aug 6 with 7281 viewsNorthernr

Meant to get hot again next week.
The Positives thread. on 15:22 - Aug 6 with 7271 viewsHooping_Mad

The Positives thread. on 15:18 - Aug 6 by Antti_Heinola

The only positives I can come up with is that, conceivably, the team that is starting by the end of Sept will be very different to this one. It's not unusual to start a season with an XI that by March you're thinking 'holy crap, how did we put THAT lot out and think it would work - for any club.

A team of:

Begovic

New RB Dunne JCS Fox

Field Colback Paal

Armstrong Dykes Chair

at least looks competitive.

That's all I've got.

Colback and Dunne should make a difference. Some competition at RB will help, Used to be a big fan of Ozzy and still think he's better going forwards from rwb

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

The Positives thread. on 15:26 - Aug 6 with 7248 viewsbaz_qpr

Duke McKenna can do a ratting job in midfield, energy, bite and pace. Not a winger which is where he has been played in his time here.

And I wish oh wish Armstrong had got his goal with that lob, we just have to get that kid scoring because at a minimum he pushes teams back and creates space in our midfield for Chair to play in
The Positives thread. on 15:28 - Aug 6 with 7235 viewsdmm

We had a few pints after the game in the White Lion near Watford Junction which is run by a QPR supporter.
Login to get fewer ads

The Positives thread. on 15:30 - Aug 6 with 7211 viewsNorthernr

The Positives thread. on 15:28 - Aug 6 by dmm

We had a few pints after the game in the White Lion near Watford Junction which is run by a QPR supporter.

Nice guy as well. There was just us there last season so nice to see loads of R's putting money behind his bar yesterday.
The Positives thread. on 15:30 - Aug 6 with 7203 viewsRangersw12

Thought the support was excellent ( up until I left )
The Positives thread. on 15:32 - Aug 6 with 7168 viewsDamo1962

The Positives thread. on 15:21 - Aug 6 by Northernr

Meant to get hot again next week.

Huzzah 😎
The Positives thread. on 15:34 - Aug 6 with 7159 viewsDamo1962

The Positives thread. on 15:22 - Aug 6 by Hooping_Mad

Colback and Dunne should make a difference. Some competition at RB will help, Used to be a big fan of Ozzy and still think he's better going forwards from rwb

Who is the new LB? I must have missed that one 🤨
The Positives thread. on 15:35 - Aug 6 with 7177 viewsMonkey_Roots

Although a horrid performance, it’s just 3 points - we’re level on points with Boro right now.

I thought Smyth looked decent, busy.

We’ll hold the quickest goal record for a while.
The Positives thread. on 15:43 - Aug 6 with 7133 viewsPlanetHonneywood

The Positives thread. on 15:30 - Aug 6 by Rangersw12

Thought the support was excellent ( up until I left )

Lot of money for 36 seconds.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

The Positives thread. on 15:44 - Aug 6 with 7121 viewsDWQPR

We are only three points below watford despite the result

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

The Positives thread. on 16:09 - Aug 6 with 7060 viewsaston_hoop

We didn't concede the fastest goal of the day in the EFL at least. Thanks to Exeter for scoring after 26 seconds v Wycombe

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

The Positives thread. on 16:20 - Aug 6 with 7035 viewsTonto

I went to the zoo onstead and saw some tigers

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

The Positives thread. on 16:25 - Aug 6 with 7005 viewsLordPork

One positive from me, as a usual attendee of this fixture.....I didn't go.
The Positives thread. on 16:26 - Aug 6 with 7002 viewsDavieQPR

Kilmarnock beat Rangers.
The Positives thread. on 16:33 - Aug 6 with 6957 viewsMonkey_Roots

Boil face shat the bed
The Positives thread. on 17:52 - Aug 6 with 6792 viewswortonr

Smyth has a decent long throw
The Positives thread. on 17:56 - Aug 6 with 6775 viewsrbee

Dykes won just about every header.
The Positives thread. on 18:02 - Aug 6 with 6744 viewsArcticHoop

it was only 4-0
The Positives thread. on 18:04 - Aug 6 with 6722 viewsWirralHoop

I’m going to Southampton but my mode of transport after is a cruise ship.
The Positives thread. on 18:05 - Aug 6 with 6707 viewsgazza1

Amazing......we got it wrong from the kick off when the pass back was mis-controlled and showed the oncoming forward too much of the ball and he got the touch that lost us possession, then Dykes didn't realise that we changed ends about 45 minutes earlier so he passed it back to the keeper instead of shooting for goal.

Nothing to excite in between those 100 odd minutes either!!!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024