Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season defining 15:30 - Nov 22 with 3000 viewsDaBurgh

From next Saturday we have 10 games in 37 days.
How many points will we pick up?
Who will be on the pysio's tables?
Who will find form? who will loose form?
Who will surprise us?
Will the excellent support continue?
What will the table look like?
So many questions, so many possibilities.
I haven't felt this anxious, since I contemplated who shot J. R.
Season defining on 15:49 - Nov 22 with 2933 viewsNorthernr

Yeh it's scary isn't it. Been trying not to think about it to be honest. Ten games back the other way we'd just beaten Middlesbrough 2-0, had a ridiculously upbeat fans forum, and Gareth was talking about Lyndon Dykes and Sinclair Armstrong both getting into double figures this season. If you'd asked these questions and somebody had said we'll get four points, zero wins and a new manager that would have felt very downbeat.
Season defining on 15:52 - Nov 22 with 2912 viewsWegerles_Stairs

The next three home games are key: Stoke, Hull and Plymouth. Get at least seven points from those and we're looking upwards with the next game away to the worst team in the division.
[Post edited 22 Nov 2023 15:53]
Season defining on 15:58 - Nov 22 with 2884 viewsNorthernr

Season defining on 15:52 - Nov 22 by Wegerles_Stairs

The next three home games are key: Stoke, Hull and Plymouth. Get at least seven points from those and we're looking upwards with the next game away to the worst team in the division.
[Post edited 22 Nov 2023 15:53]

If you offered me seven points from those games you'd have no arm left. Stoke, annoyingly, have come into some decent form - unbeaten in five, beat Sunderland, Leeds and Boro away. Hull are just decent, with a good manager, already won at Leicester. And Plymouth score goals, which is why I didn't think they'd go down. That's without getting into our home 'form'. I'd love to think you're right and Cifuentes' improvements start manifesting.
Season defining on 16:09 - Nov 22 with 2820 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Season defining on 15:58 - Nov 22 by Northernr

If you offered me seven points from those games you'd have no arm left. Stoke, annoyingly, have come into some decent form - unbeaten in five, beat Sunderland, Leeds and Boro away. Hull are just decent, with a good manager, already won at Leicester. And Plymouth score goals, which is why I didn't think they'd go down. That's without getting into our home 'form'. I'd love to think you're right and Cifuentes' improvements start manifesting.

I just think at some point we must start winning a few games at home, even based on statistical probability. I get the point about Hull being decent and Stoke being in form but these are the kind of matches we'd have been confident about winning a year ago. They're not Real Madrid.
Season defining on 16:10 - Nov 22 with 2822 viewsstevec

22 points after 26 games, probably best this lot can rustle up.

Will require radical change up front in January.
Season defining on 16:25 - Nov 22 with 2758 viewsHunterhoop

13 or 14 points from the next 10 will be my guess. We’ll still be bottom 3, but not dead.
Season defining on 16:31 - Nov 22 with 2733 viewsNorthernr

Season defining on 16:25 - Nov 22 by Hunterhoop

13 or 14 points from the next 10 will be my guess. We’ll still be bottom 3, but not dead.

My two big nags are...
-obviously, we struggle to score goals
- we've seen some welcome improvements in the two games under this manager so far, but this group have shown varying degrees of improvements in the early bits of Beale and Critchley's reign as well and we got our hopes up only for them to regress back to being a) crap and b) not arsd about being crap, once the novelty had worn off.

On a positive - Chair and Cannon coming back into this new style is a big boost.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Season defining on 18:01 - Nov 22 with 2518 viewscolinallcars

Season defining on 16:31 - Nov 22 by Northernr

My two big nags are...
- we've seen some welcome improvements in the two games under this manager so far, but this group have shown varying degrees of improvements in the early bits of Beale and Critchley's reign as well and we got our hopes up only for them to regress back to being a) crap and b) not arsd about being crap, once the novelty had worn off.

On a positive - Chair and Cannon coming back into this new style is a big boost.

Great hopes for Cannon.

As the song goes:
He blew in from the Middle West
And certainly impressed
The population hereabouts.

Yeah, I've had a few lunchtime.
Login to get fewer ads

Season defining on 18:09 - Nov 22 with 2495 viewsEastR

Season defining on 16:25 - Nov 22 by Hunterhoop

Spot on there Hunter I reckon thats the best we can hope for.

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Season defining on 18:19 - Nov 22 with 2467 viewsDorse

My two big nags are...

I'm with you there: we've shown some improvements in a number of areas, not least of which seems to be 'arsedness quotient', a vital category that I have just made up. What grips my shit is that this particular metric is the very definition of what Ainsworth wanted out them. I know Gaz wasn't exactly the man for the job but still.

I think Cifuentes is already beginning to get a tune out of them tactically (early days and all that) but if he can get them to add a level of arsedness that would get Gaz all misty-eyed, we might be alright. Mind you, if I could grow my hair back, develop a six-pack rather than a one-pack etc etc etc

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Season defining on 18:30 - Nov 22 with 2446 viewsMelakaRanger

At the moment we are 5points from 21st which with our poor goal difference is as good as 6 points.

In my mind it doesn’t matter how many points we get from the next 10 games (obviously the more the better and ideally enough to get out of the npbootom 3). But if we are still in the bottom 3 we need to have reduced the gap to 21st to just 1 or at worst 2 points maximum
Season defining on 19:42 - Nov 22 with 2304 viewsdaveB

My two big nags are...

The big plus for mew in the last 2 games was we didn't look piss easy to score against. OK Bristol City did have some late chances and Rotherham missed a few as well but overall we defended better as a team and Colback in particular looked a lot more comfortable.

It's obvious but if we can stop shipping 2/3 goals every game we are going to be in with a much better chance of getting points

This next week feels big to me, 3 tough but winnable games
Season defining on 20:07 - Nov 22 with 2257 viewsDubaiR

I think 14.

Draw at Norwich, lose the next 2, win the 3 after that draw home to Southampton and beat Cardiff at home
Season defining on 20:52 - Nov 22 with 2176 viewskomradkirk

i'm thinking 14 .

could do with more.
could really do with a promotion like 2 points per game.
Season defining on 21:53 - Nov 22 with 2026 viewsLblock

Can someone highlight how we are going to change the form displayed over the last nearly two calendar years into title winning type form over the next 6 months?

You can put a brilliant conductor in front of a shite orchestra and he’ll improve them but still likely to get a poor tune out of them

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Season defining on 22:33 - Nov 22 with 1931 viewsloftupper

Season defining on 21:53 - Nov 22 by Lblock

Can someone highlight how we are going to change the form displayed over the last nearly two calendar years into title winning type form over the next 6 months?

You can put a brilliant conductor in front of a shite orchestra and he’ll improve them but still likely to get a poor tune out of them

Didn't Beale get nearly 30 points in his short time with pretty much the same players.

Actually you could argue there are some better players such as Canon and Cook
Season defining on 22:41 - Nov 22 with 1914 viewsnumptydumpty

The key thing is wins at home.

The squad is there but a large percentage of this group are tainted by previous results and there is a massive fear factor for our players with playing in front of our home crowd.

It's almost as much a mental block now as against not being good enough and tbf the home crowd support has never turned in on our players, the great majority give positive support to the team and actually the attendances considering how bad we have been is incredible , ie generally always over 16 000.

Away, we have got the odd result.

Two solid home wins consecutive and I feel things will improve but it's all about the goals.

Marti is giving out the vibes that he prefers a 4 - 3 win as against a 1- nil shutdown.

But for me, it's who is going to get the goals.

Willock will get more game time, Chair combining with him , Paal, Dozell all could work.

It looks like JCS will be back but if he again only lasts 3 or 4 games, we will know he is not going to be the answer.

But on form a back four of Paal, Cook, JCS, Cannon with Fox, Dunne and Kakay in reserve is decent.

Smyth, Armstrong and Dykes, Field, Colback added, we have a team on paper could be decent but the fragile potential is rarely seen.

The excitement of going to Loftus Road for me has long since disappeared.

Over a year of total dross is difficult to forget and currently I always feel we are a cock up or three away from giving the game up in every match we play.

I would love to get the feeling back that we can win at home again and be confident in that belief but probably like everyone, have been totally jaded by recent and consistent ineptitude.

Come back Rangers Boys.

Your successful presence is required.

It's been too long.
[Post edited 22 Nov 2023 22:43]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Season defining on 06:23 - Nov 23 with 1753 viewsMidlands_Ranger

Really is getting to now or never time, have to start putting the ball in the net, have to get that win in the bag! It really can't wait any longer now.

This is really is a truly massive point in our season now, get a good thing going early in this list of fixtures and you could go on a roll...like we all do, I would love that to happen....I still believe!

YouRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrs
Season defining on 07:00 - Nov 23 with 1712 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Season defining on 18:30 - Nov 22 by MelakaRanger

At the moment we are 5points from 21st which with our poor goal difference is as good as 6 points.

In my mind it doesn’t matter how many points we get from the next 10 games (obviously the more the better and ideally enough to get out of the npbootom 3). But if we are still in the bottom 3 we need to have reduced the gap to 21st to just 1 or at worst 2 points maximum

"At the moment we are 5points from 21st which with our poor goal difference is as good as 6 points."

Our GD is only two worse than Huddersfield in 21st. A win for us and a loss for them takes care of that. if we catch them on points we'll most likely catch them on GD as well.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Season defining on 07:10 - Nov 23 with 1695 viewsMatch82

Season defining on 21:53 - Nov 22 by Lblock

That's the weird thing though, it feels like it's been two years but it really hasn't. 13 months ago we were top of the league.. I've never seen a transformation like it, but it gives me hope that it can work the other way too. If Marti can get them to click then we'll be ok. Just to be seen if he can or not.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024