Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jordan Henderson to Ajax 12:45 - Jan 17 with 6236 viewsLandshark

He's apparently unhappy in Saudi Arabia and wants to leave.

He's getting paid a reported £700'000 per week (but apparently he didn't go for the money).

I don't care how much I hate my job, hate the country I live in, miss my family etc, if you're paying me £700'000 per week I am going to see out my contract.

What happened to the money Al-Ettifaq paid to Liverpool for him? Why would you allow a player to leave after paying many millions for him leave for free 6 months later? Seems a bit dodgy.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/67975946
Jordan Henderson to Ajax on 12:51 - Jan 17 with 4865 viewskensalriser

Isn’t everything to do with the Saudis and football dodgy?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Jordan Henderson to Ajax on 14:25 - Jan 17 with 4587 viewsNorthernr

Jordan Henderson to Ajax on 14:30 - Jan 17 with 4549 viewsGaryBannister86

To be fair, I think he has now achieved the goals he set when he went there. He has gained the advancements of LGBTQ+ rights in the Middle East, and of course spread the beautiful game far and wide.

He's my hero.
Jordan Henderson to Ajax on 14:32 - Jan 17 with 4535 viewsted_hendrix

Might have got this the wrong way round but I thought part of his going abroad was so he could assist with developing the game out there?

Well he's devoloped his bank account at least.

*Shrugs' shoulders* at the madness of It all.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Jordan Henderson to Ajax on 14:34 - Jan 17 with 4524 viewsNorthernr

Jordan Henderson to Ajax on 14:32 - Jan 17 by ted_hendrix

Might have got this the wrong way round but I thought part of his going abroad was so he could assist with developing the game out there?

Well he's devoloped his bank account at least.

*Shrugs' shoulders* at the madness of It all.

It's developed now Ted. Some of his club's attendances have been as high as 650 people. So his work is done and he's heading back.
Jordan Henderson to Ajax on 14:38 - Jan 17 with 4497 viewsRBlock

Don't want to see him anywhere near the England squad this summer. Not good enough anymore and an arsehole to boot. Hoping Gareth jettisons him, but not holding my breath.
Jordan Henderson to Ajax on 14:41 - Jan 17 with 4472 viewsNorthernr

Jordan Henderson to Ajax on 14:38 - Jan 17 by RBlock

Don't want to see him anywhere near the England squad this summer. Not good enough anymore and an arsehole to boot. Hoping Gareth jettisons him, but not holding my breath.

Hopefully this Phillips to Palace thing materialises so one of the other options we have in that spot is actually playing some football.
Jordan Henderson to Ajax on 14:45 - Jan 17 with 4442 viewslassel

Jordan Henderson to Ajax on 14:38 - Jan 17 by RBlock

Sir Waistcoat has his team of players that he trusts and that team firmly includes Henderson and Maguire.

As long as they still have 2 legs physically attached they will be in the team.
Login to get fewer ads

Jordan Henderson to Ajax on 14:47 - Jan 17 with 4428 viewsHunterhoop

Jordan Henderson to Ajax on 14:41 - Jan 17 by Northernr

Hopefully this Phillips to Palace thing materialises so one of the other options we have in that spot is actually playing some football.

Or, you know, just play one pivot in Declan Rice and use our wealth of attacking options in front of him. Bellingham is box to box. Play a Grealish or Eze in that midfield 3, then have Foden, Kane and AN Other up top. Given how much possession England have and how strong the squad is, just go out to score more goals than the oppo. Two holding midfielders is ludicrous for England.
Jordan Henderson to Ajax on 14:49 - Jan 17 with 4400 viewsted_hendrix

Jordan Henderson to Ajax on 14:34 - Jan 17 by Northernr

It's developed now Ted. Some of his club's attendances have been as high as 650 people. So his work is done and he's heading back.

I saw a picture the other day of a game going on and the ground was pretty much empty apart from a few blokes scattered around the stadium with their camels.

I suppose they take their camels for a walk and grab a game at the same time?

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Jordan Henderson to Ajax on 14:56 - Jan 17 with 4361 viewsNorthernr

Jordan Henderson to Ajax on 14:47 - Jan 17 by Hunterhoop

Or, you know, just play one pivot in Declan Rice and use our wealth of attacking options in front of him. Bellingham is box to box. Play a Grealish or Eze in that midfield 3, then have Foden, Kane and AN Other up top. Given how much possession England have and how strong the squad is, just go out to score more goals than the oppo. Two holding midfielders is ludicrous for England.

Are we changing manager between here and June?
Jordan Henderson to Ajax on 14:57 - Jan 17 with 4349 viewsKonk

Jordan Henderson to Ajax on 14:34 - Jan 17 by Northernr

'I know people think it was all about the money, but even as a little kiddie at primary school, when we were asked what we wanted to do when we were grown-ups, I told my teacher I wanted to help develop the professional game in Saudi Arabia, whilst respecting their right to imprison and flog homosexuals. When in Rome and all that, especially when they're paying crazy money.

Six months on, assessing the situation, I think the Saudi game is now developed to fu ck, and I feel the time is right to seize the opportunity to play football in a new country, and experience a different culture where the bloke signing my pay cheque isn't responsible for having gay people thrown in jail and whipped hundreds of times. I'm going to the Netherlands with an open mind - it's not for me to say they should be whipping gay people, beheading people, murdering government critics etc.'
[Post edited 17 Jan 14:59]

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Jordan Henderson to Ajax on 14:59 - Jan 17 with 4337 viewsJordanFoster

The money is obscene regardless but to be fair to him, it's no where near 700k. There's also a lot of tax implications so his take home, especially now he's leaving will be no where near the numbers reported. He lives in Dubai and flies over for training and matches (but make sure you do your recycling pls).

Some other players have been looked at this window and they've openly rejected really good moves because of the tax issues and how much you have to pay back should you leave the country. The Saudis aren't going to be stupid with their money, you're not going to be able to come over nick silly money and then disappear in a few months.

I don't think he's anywhere near relevant for England anymore, so hoping that doensn't come off but he tried to get a move to Spurs on deadline day in August but there was no chance he was going to be allowed to go in the same window.
Jordan Henderson to Ajax on 15:12 - Jan 17 with 4263 viewsBoston

Jordan Henderson to Ajax on 14:57 - Jan 17 by Konk

'I know people think it was all about the money, but even as a little kiddie at primary school, when we were asked what we wanted to do when we were grown-ups, I told my teacher I wanted to help develop the professional game in Saudi Arabia, whilst respecting their right to imprison and flog homosexuals. When in Rome and all that, especially when they're paying crazy money.

Six months on, assessing the situation, I think the Saudi game is now developed to fu ck, and I feel the time is right to seize the opportunity to play football in a new country, and experience a different culture where the bloke signing my pay cheque isn't responsible for having gay people thrown in jail and whipped hundreds of times. I'm going to the Netherlands with an open mind - it's not for me to say they should be whipping gay people, beheading people, murdering government critics etc.'
[Post edited 17 Jan 14:59]

Harsh Konk, they only imprison and flog homosexuals when the roofs of high buildings are too full for flying lessons.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Jordan Henderson to Ajax on 15:16 - Jan 17 with 4248 viewstraininvain

I’d have Foden in midfield with Rice as the pivot and Bellingham box to box. But it’s worth pointing out that whenever Southgate’s tried to drop the double pivot, we’ve lacked control of games and it’s led to some poor results including the 4-0 loss at home to Hungary in the Nations League.
Jordan Henderson to Ajax on 15:17 - Jan 17 with 4243 viewsTheChef

Madness. Better to go 1-0 up and hold what you have

I don't think Phillips is all that either anyway, his first touch goes further than he can pass.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Jordan Henderson to Ajax on 15:30 - Jan 17 with 4146 viewsR_from_afar

"Two holding midfielders is ludicrous".

Can you get down to reception ASAP, please, we have Aitor Karanka waiting for you. Many thanks

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Jordan Henderson to Ajax on 15:53 - Jan 17 with 3990 viewsPaddyhoops

He can breakout the rainbow laces again.
Jordan Henderson to Ajax on 15:54 - Jan 17 with 3983 viewsJuzzie

Jordan Henderson to Ajax on 14:59 - Jan 17 by JordanFoster

The money is obscene regardless but to be fair to him, it's no where near 700k. There's also a lot of tax implications so his take home, especially now he's leaving will be no where near the numbers reported. He lives in Dubai and flies over for training and matches (but make sure you do your recycling pls).

Some other players have been looked at this window and they've openly rejected really good moves because of the tax issues and how much you have to pay back should you leave the country. The Saudis aren't going to be stupid with their money, you're not going to be able to come over nick silly money and then disappear in a few months.

I don't think he's anywhere near relevant for England anymore, so hoping that doensn't come off but he tried to get a move to Spurs on deadline day in August but there was no chance he was going to be allowed to go in the same window.

No where near £700k after tax you say? So he's taking home about £350,000 a week if tax takes half?

Schit, I didn't realise he was that badly off.
Jordan Henderson to Ajax on 15:55 - Jan 17 with 3979 viewsEastR

Jordan Henderson to Ajax on 14:59 - Jan 17 by JordanFoster

I don't think anyone is hung up on what the 'take home' might be on a six figure a week salary.

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Jordan Henderson to Ajax on 16:17 - Jan 17 with 3906 viewsJordanFoster

Jordan Henderson to Ajax on 15:55 - Jan 17 by EastR

I don't think anyone is hung up on what the 'take home' might be on a six figure a week salary.

No I get that, I was more saying the point the press definitely are as the 700k has grabbed headlines. Apologies wasn't saying the take home was peanuts.
Jordan Henderson to Ajax on 16:22 - Jan 17 with 3869 viewsbosh67

To be fair the only interaction we'd have with Ajax these days is if we bought some to clean the toilets and catering kitchens.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Jordan Henderson to Ajax on 16:24 - Jan 17 with 3859 viewsNorthernr

Jordan Henderson to Ajax on 16:22 - Jan 17 by bosh67

To be fair the only interaction we'd have with Ajax these days is if we bought some to clean the toilets and catering kitchens.

I don't know mate. A club that paid north of £10m for Chuba Akpom feels like an ideal place to be hawking some of our wasters around.
Jordan Henderson to Ajax on 16:56 - Jan 17 with 3728 viewsbosh67

Jordan Henderson to Ajax on 16:24 - Jan 17 by Northernr

I don't know mate. A club that paid north of £10m for Chuba Akpom feels like an ideal place to be hawking some of our wasters around.

I have heard Chuba Akpom but didn't care for their last album.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Jordan Henderson to Ajax on 17:45 - Jan 17 with 3613 viewspaulparker

Jordan Henderson to Ajax on 14:41 - Jan 17 by Northernr

I would take the lad at man Utd Mainoo (sp) what a prospect he looks

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024