Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Players you knew were never going to make it, the moment they crossed the line 13:52 - Jan 27 with 6301 viewsLogman

Luke Amos - Played every game with a permanent look of fear etched across his face. Scared of his own persona.

Karl Ready - I remember going to a B team game at HQ, he went up for a corner and the ball fell at his feet six yards out. He took a complete air shot, and fell over. Added to which when he got up, he celebrated it ...

Stefan Moore - A matter of time every game until he was put out of his misery and hooked. Think Ollie must have been having one of his mad-cap moments when he signed this one.

Players you knew were never going to make it, the moment they crossed the line on 13:59 - Jan 27 with 4185 viewsessextaxiboy

Luke Amos suffered two career ending injuries as a young player after making it through from a young kid to be a pro .

If he looked fearful I think he had good reason . He also scored a few important goals for us and was just showing his true worth when he suffered his second ACL , I would have him over Dozzell every day of the week .
Players you knew were never going to make it, the moment they crossed the line on 14:45 - Jan 27 with 4081 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Karl Ready won player of the year.
Players you knew were never going to make it, the moment they crossed the line on 14:55 - Jan 27 with 4030 viewsRangersw12

Players you knew were never going to make it, the moment they crossed the line on 14:45 - Jan 27 by BazzaInTheLoft

Says more about the fans tbh

Ready would certainly be in my all time worst 11
Players you knew were never going to make it, the moment they crossed the line on 15:13 - Jan 27 with 3997 viewsMrSheen

I thought it was Paladini who signed Stefan Moore, through his chum Mel Eves.

Going back a few years, Steve Slade gave the impression he hated every minute.
Players you knew were never going to make it, the moment they crossed the line on 15:29 - Jan 27 with 3955 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Not fair on Amos. He was our best player before lock down, then did his ACL again and was never the same again.
Box to box and scored a few, including the 90th minute winner against Blackpool when we had 10 men to keep us 3rd.
Glad he is playing again.
Players you knew were never going to make it, the moment they crossed the line on 15:41 - Jan 27 with 3906 viewsCateLeBonR

Players you knew were never going to make it, the moment they crossed the line on 14:45 - Jan 27 by BazzaInTheLoft

It depends what the OP means by “making it”.

Karl Ready played over 200 appearances for us mostly in the top two divisions followed by a season in the Scottish Premier. Sounds like a decent career to me and more than most manage.

I’d say JET is a good example. Had talent but you just knew he wouldn’t make it at a higher level. Taylor Richards is looking similar.
Players you knew were never going to make it, the moment they crossed the line on 16:05 - Jan 27 with 3830 viewsmart_Goblin

Players you knew were never going to make it, the moment they crossed the line on 15:41 - Jan 27 by CateLeBonR

Karl Ready played over 200 appearances for us mostly in the top two divisions followed by a season in the Scottish Premier. Sounds like a decent career to me and more than most manage.

I’d say JET is a good example. Had talent but you just knew he wouldn’t make it at a higher level. Taylor Richards is looking similar.

Yeah I think if a player makes 250 appearances at that level then he’s ’made it’…whatever the hell that means.

however we do tend to see a multitude of players rock up here then are never seen or heard of again.

As I said, not really sure what the OG post means but Steve Slade , arrived , did nothing then vanished
Players you knew were never going to make it, the moment they crossed the line on 16:12 - Jan 27 with 3796 viewsnumptydumpty

Amos I felt sad for as he clearly was a talent but constant season ending injuries have massively hampered his progress.

I did think Jack Clarke came across as a little boy lost but has since proved otherwise

A qpr player probably Hamaleinen. Every game was pretty awful although he did.not play that many.
[Post edited 27 Jan 16:16]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Login to get fewer ads

Players you knew were never going to make it, the moment they crossed the line on 16:22 - Jan 27 with 3759 viewsTK1

Players you knew were never going to make it, the moment they crossed the line on 15:41 - Jan 27 by CateLeBonR

Karl Ready played for over decade at QPR, 220 games, 60 in the Prem (as many as Kevin Gallen, for example), capped at senior level by Wales.
Stefan Moore was rubbish, but played for several years in the Championship.
Luke Amos is 26 and has played nearly 100 games for us at Championship level despite two catastrophic ACL injuries.

All these players made it, and then some. They've all had careers as top level footballers, lots of success under their belts.

Players who I saw who I knew wouldn't make it:

Tommy Hitchcock
Oli Burgess
Ben Walshe
Wes Daly
Hamid Barr
Scott Donnelly
Shabazz Baidoo
Pat Kanyuka
Romone Rose
Antonio German
Jake Cole
Little Danny Murphy (too small)

These are players I saw play and thought, no, they are not playing at the right level. There have been many, many others.
You may not have liked the other three, but they were playing at the right level for QPR.

I thought Justin Channing, Leanne Jeane, Dennis Oli and Paul Bruce would have long careers with us though, so what do I know?
Players you knew were never going to make it, the moment they crossed the line on 16:23 - Jan 27 with 3740 viewsLblock

I'm with Logman on Amos -- could see it in his persona from the get go.

There's so many others.
An easy one to pick out though is the lesser spotted Ramkilde - I saw him play in a League Cup game at Loftus Road (no seriously I did) and I seriously thought he was somebody from the crowd who had won a prize. He was completely and utterly clueless with no idea where he should have been standing, running to or ability to do anything with the ball.
I remember sitting in the SA Rd stand laughing my tits off at him actually having a pro Contract with us.

No don't get me started on Bob Malcolm.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Players you knew were never going to make it, the moment they crossed the line on 17:03 - Jan 27 with 3652 viewsderbyhoop

I'll go with little Danny Murphy.
Saw him play in Youth Cup and knew he was far too small. Any professional team would have targeted him.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Players you knew were never going to make it, the moment they crossed the line on 17:05 - Jan 27 with 3629 viewsSK_hoops

Dozzell. Always had the air of someone who couldn't be bothered.
[Post edited 27 Jan 17:06]
Players you knew were never going to make it, the moment they crossed the line on 17:09 - Jan 27 with 3588 viewsnumptydumpty

Known as little Tom Carroll, his physique was slight when he was with us and was a nearly player but never quite made it with us.

Forget where he went after us but he did come back years later with Swansea I believe, had bulked up and performed then I never heard of him again once more.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Players you knew were never going to make it, the moment they crossed the line on 17:10 - Jan 27 with 3584 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Players you knew were never going to make it, the moment they crossed the line on 17:09 - Jan 27 by numptydumpty

Known as little Tom Carroll, his physique was slight when he was with us and was a nearly player but never quite made it with us.

Forget where he went after us but he did come back years later with Swansea I believe, had bulked up and performed then I never heard of him again once more.

He played for us twice don’t forget, including after his quite successful stint at Swansea.
Players you knew were never going to make it, the moment they crossed the line on 17:14 - Jan 27 with 3572 viewskensalriser

Never forget Rowlands dinking the ball over Murphy in a game with Brentford, too easy.

I remember someone fulminating about Murphy's supposed attitude or arrogance one time on the old org after a game when he'd been on the bench. I replied along the lines of wow, how can you tell that from a guy sitting on the bench? Before I know it one of Murphy's family members was emailing me offering me out for insulting the lad (this was when you could see an email from hovering on a user name), the stupid plum hadn't even got the right target. He went away when I asked how he thought the club would react if they knew a player's family member was threatening fans.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Players you knew were never going to make it, the moment they crossed the line on 17:21 - Jan 27 with 3561 viewsMrSheen

Players you knew were never going to make it, the moment they crossed the line on 16:22 - Jan 27 by TK1

Karl Ready played for over decade at QPR, 220 games, 60 in the Prem (as many as Kevin Gallen, for example), capped at senior level by Wales.
Stefan Moore was rubbish, but played for several years in the Championship.
Luke Amos is 26 and has played nearly 100 games for us at Championship level despite two catastrophic ACL injuries.

All these players made it, and then some. They've all had careers as top level footballers, lots of success under their belts.

Players who I saw who I knew wouldn't make it:

Tommy Hitchcock
Oli Burgess
Ben Walshe
Wes Daly
Hamid Barr
Scott Donnelly
Shabazz Baidoo
Pat Kanyuka
Romone Rose
Antonio German
Jake Cole
Little Danny Murphy (too small)

These are players I saw play and thought, no, they are not playing at the right level. There have been many, many others.
You may not have liked the other three, but they were playing at the right level for QPR.

I thought Justin Channing, Leanne Jeane, Dennis Oli and Paul Bruce would have long careers with us though, so what do I know?

I thought Kanyuka looked a great prospect. I think it was chronic injury that ruined his career before it got started, not lack of ability or heart, but I could be wrong.
Players you knew were never going to make it, the moment they crossed the line on 17:25 - Jan 27 with 3547 viewspaulparker

The Pelican

I was at a pre season friendly at Kettering and saw him and thought Jesus he can’t be a footballer, he couldn’t trap cement and had the pace of a asthmatic snail
A few days later we signed him

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Players you knew were never going to make it, the moment they crossed the line on 17:38 - Jan 27 with 3505 viewsloftboy

Les Ferdinand, saw him make his debut and said he was a headless chicken! Whatever happened to him? 🤪

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Players you knew were never going to make it, the moment they crossed the line on 17:41 - Jan 27 with 3498 viewsGaryT

Nobody mentioning Stuart Wardley, c'mon, really?
Players you knew were never going to make it, the moment they crossed the line on 18:15 - Jan 27 with 3440 viewsPindarus

Alan Spratley, the mighty midget. Not a bad stopper, but all the opposition had to do was target him with lofted crosses and he was stuffed.
Players you knew were never going to make it, the moment they crossed the line on 18:25 - Jan 27 with 3416 viewsWatford_Ranger

Players you knew were never going to make it, the moment they crossed the line on 17:03 - Jan 27 by derbyhoop

I'll go with little Danny Murphy.
Saw him play in Youth Cup and knew he was far too small. Any professional team would have targeted him.

I rated him.
Players you knew were never going to make it, the moment they crossed the line on 18:37 - Jan 27 with 3372 viewsHAYESBOY

Nikko..................

Smells like a trout farm in here

Players you knew were never going to make it, the moment they crossed the line on 18:41 - Jan 27 with 3353 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Gus Caeser.

I win....

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Players you knew were never going to make it, the moment they crossed the line on 19:31 - Jan 27 with 3276 viewsperpignanR

Gus Caesar.Game over.
Players you knew were never going to make it, the moment they crossed the line on 19:34 - Jan 27 with 3265 viewsMedwayR

Quite a few from Gary Waddock's time as manager I reckon.

Poll: Who’s better?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024