Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Moore sacked 12:24 - Jan 29 with 6341 viewssprocket

https://www.htafc.com/news/2024/january/club-statement-darren-moore/

That's what you get for not beating this QPR side
Moore sacked on 12:35 - Jan 29 with 4299 viewsRangersDave

yeah, not beating this poor Rangers team has done for him.

Having said that, they should, on any other day, have put a few past us, and we dodged a bullet, while their manager got one.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Moore sacked on 12:35 - Jan 29 with 4283 viewsBluce_Ree

Hopefully they'll get a QPR style new manager splat rather than a bounce.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Moore sacked on 12:37 - Jan 29 with 4260 viewsdaveB

I said to Sharon
Moore sacked on 12:41 - Jan 29 with 4217 viewsJuzzie

Should have given him 'til the next home game v Sheff Weds at least but that's how it goes I guess.
Moore sacked on 12:48 - Jan 29 with 4131 viewsE15Hoop

This is brilliant news from our viewpoint, and a fantastic own goal by their Chairman.
Think about the message it sends out: You've got a Chairman with ideas above his station, who's going to be consistently breathing down the neck of any prospective new managerial incumbent a la us in the days of Tango and Cash.
As for the players, they've got to be feeling pretty demoralised after this. 3 managers in a relegation-threatened season does NOT send out any kind of positive message about the long-term direction and stability of the club, no matter how loudly the Chairman wants to bang on about "long-term vision" and other such bollox.
Moore sacked on 12:57 - Jan 29 with 4023 viewswortonr

Seems ridiculous. They played well and had more potential than us to get out of the jam.
Moore sacked on 13:05 - Jan 29 with 3936 viewsSuperhoops2808

Moore sacked on 12:57 - Jan 29 by wortonr

Seems ridiculous. They played well and had more potential than us to get out of the jam.

I am afraid they did not play well, we just played worse than them - I watched the game at work and several neutral colleagues said it was an awful match an both sides were shocking
Moore sacked on 13:06 - Jan 29 with 3934 viewsstowmarketrange

Rooney is free.
Login to get fewer ads

Moore sacked on 13:11 - Jan 29 with 3871 viewsLazyFan

Massive risk in this, with the new signings they have a great chance of staying out of the bottom three.
Moore outsmarted us tactically in the game and went for the win. If it wasn't for a lucky goal by us he would have got it.

Depending on who they get, this could be great news for us.

zzzzzzzzzz

Moore sacked on 13:18 - Jan 29 with 3810 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Seems some quick re-writing of history here. We weren't lucky to get a draw, we deserved it however poor we were. They were equally as poor but we found their level as we seem to do on a regular basis.
All the neutrals I know who somehow sat through that $hit said a draw was the right result. I think we can be over-jaundiced sometimes.
Moore sacked on 13:36 - Jan 29 with 3674 viewsHunterhoop

No chance. We had some neutrals with us who didn’t think that.

Huddersfield had the best two players on the pitch in Rudoni and their winger. They had 10 corners to our 4 and 13 shots to our 7, and quite comfortably were the more threatening. Their high press was well organised and effective. I thought they looked pretty well drilled but lacking a centre forward. They were far better than Millwall and Cardiff who we’ve played at home recently.

We were second best.
Moore sacked on 13:37 - Jan 29 with 3661 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Pretty hilarious that the minimum expectation in this league is now beating us.
Moore sacked on 13:37 - Jan 29 with 3653 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Moore sacked on 12:37 - Jan 29 by daveB

I said to Sharon

Oh my. If that happens, we're done.
Moore sacked on 13:43 - Jan 29 with 3607 viewsellersliehoop

Moore sacked on 13:36 - Jan 29 by Hunterhoop

No chance. We had some neutrals with us who didn’t think that.

Huddersfield had the best two players on the pitch in Rudoni and their winger. They had 10 corners to our 4 and 13 shots to our 7, and quite comfortably were the more threatening. Their high press was well organised and effective. I thought they looked pretty well drilled but lacking a centre forward. They were far better than Millwall and Cardiff who we’ve played at home recently.

We were second best.

Agreed.

Their goal was coming all second half pretty much. We were abysmal ALL game.

Based on yesterday I would be surprised if they went down. They're a big physical team and I can see them grinding out enough points to stay up.
Moore sacked on 13:46 - Jan 29 with 3578 viewssprocket

Moore sacked on 13:37 - Jan 29 by Wegerles_Stairs

Oh my. If that happens, we're done.

Rumour the Portsmouth manager is lined up which seems a little odd.
Moore sacked on 13:49 - Jan 29 with 3547 viewsAntti_Heinola

I think we were second best, partly because poor Drewe couldn't handle Sorba Thomas at all, but there was very little in it. They were playing for time almost from kick off, so were clear about their priorities. I don't think Begovic had a save to make of note, and the one goal they got was offside. Two very poor teams I expect will both go down.

Bare bones.

Moore sacked on 14:26 - Jan 29 with 3326 viewsParkRoyalR

Moore sacked on 13:49 - Jan 29 by Antti_Heinola

I think we were second best, partly because poor Drewe couldn't handle Sorba Thomas at all, but there was very little in it. They were playing for time almost from kick off, so were clear about their priorities. I don't think Begovic had a save to make of note, and the one goal they got was offside. Two very poor teams I expect will both go down.

Drewe not being able to handle Sorba Thomas was not helped by Cifuentes not being flexible in his tactics.

Drewe is very inexperienced and Sorba Thomas one of the better wide players in this Division, so in my U14's team tactics I switch Willock and Chair, as I can rely on Chair to work harder to cover that flank than I can Willock.

Small margins but similar to withdrawing Dunne at Millwall and leaving JCS to defend the 6 yard box from set-pieces with 20 minutes left at 1-0 down in a must not lose game, we need to wise'n up and get a bit smarter tactics wise.
Moore sacked on 14:27 - Jan 29 with 3320 viewslondonscottish

Moore sacked on 12:48 - Jan 29 by E15Hoop

This is brilliant news from our viewpoint, and a fantastic own goal by their Chairman.
Think about the message it sends out: You've got a Chairman with ideas above his station, who's going to be consistently breathing down the neck of any prospective new managerial incumbent a la us in the days of Tango and Cash.
As for the players, they've got to be feeling pretty demoralised after this. 3 managers in a relegation-threatened season does NOT send out any kind of positive message about the long-term direction and stability of the club, no matter how loudly the Chairman wants to bang on about "long-term vision" and other such bollox.

The good news is that the owner does love a tweet. Fingers crossed the new manager doesn't start well. Then he'll have all sorts of unhinged Twitter bollx to deal with.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Moore sacked on 14:43 - Jan 29 with 3210 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Moore sacked on 12:57 - Jan 29 by wortonr

This Is The Modern World
Moore sacked on 15:01 - Jan 29 with 3113 viewsBoston

Moore sacked on 13:06 - Jan 29 by stowmarketrange

Rooney is free.

...release the hounds.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Moore sacked on 15:01 - Jan 29 with 3112 viewslave16

Moore sacked on 14:43 - Jan 29 by BazzaInTheLoft

This Is The Modern World

How many managers have been fired for not beating us this season ?
Will this mean other managers have us down as a must win game or they get the chop?

Just wondering as we normally just get our own managers fired.

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

Moore sacked on 15:10 - Jan 29 with 3059 viewsdannyblue

I think this is good news, too.

They looked ok against us, better than us certainly, and they were playing for their manager.

A roll of the dice by them and it could easily be a 1 rather than a 6....

The other straw to clutch is their top scorer and centreback Helik getting injured. I don't know how bad it is.
Moore sacked on 15:19 - Jan 29 with 2989 viewsTacticalR

The Huddersfield fans were pretty quiet on Sunday and didn't seem to be expecting anything very much from the game.

Air hostess clique

Moore sacked on 15:20 - Jan 29 with 2987 viewsNed_Kennedys

Moore sacked on 12:48 - Jan 29 by E15Hoop

It’s hardly ‘brilliant news’ for us is it?
Read their forums and a lot of fans wanted him out: he’s hardly won a game since he was appointed.
More likely to get a new manager bounce (could hardly get worse results) and it’s certainly not an impossibility that Warnock will fancy a cheeky short term contract to keep them up.

I think it’s bad news for us.
Moore sacked on 15:23 - Jan 29 with 2955 viewsHunterhoop

You get the impression there is some sort of mental chairmen cartel going in Yorkshire. The madman at Wednesday no doubt was delighted by this news.

I think Moore is an alright manager and I thought Huddersfield certainly played for him. I think there is as much chance those draws turn into losses as wins with a new manager. They looked organised but with only two players of any quality…if the new guy can’t get them as organised, falls out with someone, or tries a system that doesn’t work, they’ll get worse. I’m not sure what glaring errors Moore was making, tbh.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024