Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Colbacks antics 20:20 - Feb 3 with 5046 viewsmart_Goblin

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere but what did people think of Colbacks nonsense with the Blackburn fans? Always worry that football karma will get you if you start giving the “crying” signs with your hands to the opposing fans. Last person to do that was Austin at Derby and our season derailed from there.
Also Clive and others have been banging on all season that Colback has been trying to get bookings and suspensions. Hard not to argue that when he deliberately lobs the ball into the crowd to waste time . So lucky for him Paal was down injured as the ref would have almost certainly booked him and of course he gets another ban .
Ridiculous and stupid from a player who is actually starting to click into gear and look like a good asset at last.
Colbacks antics on 20:25 - Feb 3 with 3567 viewsPhilmyRs

Personally I thought it was nothing, wasn’t remotely bothered by it. Thought he played well and has added some steel into the middle of the park. Didn’t think the kick away was an obvious yellow either and would have been conscious of Paal being down when he did it and wasn’t an obvious smash into the stands job.
Colbacks antics on 20:26 - Feb 3 with 3550 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Commented on it on the match thread.

Slowed the game down - fine.
Took the momentum out of the game - fine.
So far, so good.

But then started taking the píss out of home fans with the crying motions, twice, and I'm guessing an overweight fan once?

How does that help us?
Shouldn't he be focusing on protecting a one-goal lead with eight minutes more to go?

He's supposed to be a leader. His focus should be on his performance, and on his ten team-mates.

And nothing else.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Colbacks antics on 20:28 - Feb 3 with 3524 viewsTacticalR

My main concern when I saw that was that he was going to lose concentration on the game.

Air hostess clique

Colbacks antics on 20:36 - Feb 3 with 3438 viewsWatford_Ranger

Funny when 3-0 up
Funny after the game after clinging on

Not so funny when there’s ten minutes to go. Get the job done.

Ultimately though only he knows how focussed he is while doing it. His performance after suggests he was.
Colbacks antics on 20:37 - Feb 3 with 3422 viewsmart_Goblin

Colbacks antics on 20:28 - Feb 3 by TacticalR

My main concern when I saw that was that he was going to lose concentration on the game.

Yeah I think you are right . Like Brian says above too, just concentrate on getting us the win.
He’s playing well so no need
Colbacks antics on 20:43 - Feb 3 with 3356 viewsHunterhoop

Colbacks antics on 20:26 - Feb 3 by BrianMcCarthy

Commented on it on the match thread.

Slowed the game down - fine.
Took the momentum out of the game - fine.
So far, so good.

But then started taking the píss out of home fans with the crying motions, twice, and I'm guessing an overweight fan once?

How does that help us?
Shouldn't he be focusing on protecting a one-goal lead with eight minutes more to go?

He's supposed to be a leader. His focus should be on his performance, and on his ten team-mates.

And nothing else.

Hayden and Field should and hopefully will be the 2 central midfielders with Hodge in front. There you have leaders and legs. That’s a top 6 central midfield in this league.
Colbacks antics on 20:44 - Feb 3 with 3319 viewsconnell10

I like it shows passion , just as I loved Cook given it to the Millwall fans absolutely brilliant.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Colbacks antics on 20:49 - Feb 3 with 3261 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Think perhaps we are not used to players in QPR shirts giving it back.
All for it.
Login to get fewer ads

Colbacks antics on 20:50 - Feb 3 with 3247 viewsconnell10

Colbacks antics on 20:49 - Feb 3 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Think perhaps we are not used to players in QPR shirts giving it back.
All for it.

Stan used to do it all the time.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Colbacks antics on 20:52 - Feb 3 with 3223 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I'm not bothered by it.

It may be bad karma but I've seen so many players do it to us over the years I'm all for it.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Colbacks antics on 20:52 - Feb 3 with 3223 viewsHunterhoop

Colbacks antics on 20:44 - Feb 3 by connell10

I like it shows passion , just as I loved Cook given it to the Millwall fans absolutely brilliant.

Cook flicked the V very briefly. What was more impressive was when he just squared up to the entire away end whilst they pelted Cannon with stuff. Just spoke volumes. Here is a man with bollocks. The single most important trait our squad has lacked for 2 years.

Colback is more of a wind up merchant. And that stuff today isn’t the same thing as above.
Colbacks antics on 21:23 - Feb 3 with 2966 viewsnumptydumpty

Wasn't greatly impressed by it myself.

Particularly one more booking and he gets a two match ban for reaching ten yellows.

But he was decent today. All it said to me was if I knew him, I doubt he would be a mate of mine but if he reaches the standards he should I don't care much about the antics or the person, I just care that he gives consistent and decent performances for ourselves.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Colbacks antics on 21:27 - Feb 3 with 2919 viewsPhilmyRs

Colbacks antics on 20:52 - Feb 3 by Hunterhoop

Cook flicked the V very briefly. What was more impressive was when he just squared up to the entire away end whilst they pelted Cannon with stuff. Just spoke volumes. Here is a man with bollocks. The single most important trait our squad has lacked for 2 years.

Colback is more of a wind up merchant. And that stuff today isn’t the same thing as above.

Come on, it was a nothing incident, not worth getting worked up about. There are certain Rangers players that get cut a lot of slack and certain players fans are just waiting to pile in on. Colback is certainly one that divides opinion and falls into the ‘waiting to have a go category”. He played well today, again, had a bit of banter with the fans and that’s it. No real need to criticise him. I wouldn’t be so sure Field will walk into the team btw, I think the Manager rates Colback, and the new signing looks decent. I can see Field covering at centre back when the inevitable injuries strike back there and not necessarily a starter in the middle of the park
Colbacks antics on 21:31 - Feb 3 with 2862 viewsqueensparker

All for it. In all the decades I’ve played football I’d want as many people in my team who are going to pick up bookings and take the piss out of the oppo and shout and stand up over polite skillsters who would disappear and feign injury once a game got tough.

We need more Colbacks and Cooks, not less
Colbacks antics on 21:34 - Feb 3 with 2822 viewsHunterhoop

Colbacks antics on 21:27 - Feb 3 by PhilmyRs

Come on, it was a nothing incident, not worth getting worked up about. There are certain Rangers players that get cut a lot of slack and certain players fans are just waiting to pile in on. Colback is certainly one that divides opinion and falls into the ‘waiting to have a go category”. He played well today, again, had a bit of banter with the fans and that’s it. No real need to criticise him. I wouldn’t be so sure Field will walk into the team btw, I think the Manager rates Colback, and the new signing looks decent. I can see Field covering at centre back when the inevitable injuries strike back there and not necessarily a starter in the middle of the park

I’m not worked up at all. You misunderstand.

I like my players have some aggro. I’m merely saying that what Cook did (excellent) is different to what Colback did (a bit childish). Not piling in on Colback at all. Just pointing out they are different.

On the football front, I still do genuinely think Field is a significantly better all round footballer than Colback (off the ball in particular), but then I am a Field fanboy, so I am biased.
Colbacks antics on 21:36 - Feb 3 with 2807 viewsHAYESBOY

I just thought there are still 8 mins to go, it might come back to bite you on the arse.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Colbacks antics on 21:39 - Feb 3 with 2771 viewsnumptydumpty

Colbacks antics on 21:36 - Feb 3 by HAYESBOY

I just thought there are still 8 mins to go, it might come back to bite you on the arse.

Bit early to do perhaps.

Or renewed confidence in our team and squad

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Colbacks antics on 21:39 - Feb 3 with 2769 viewsozexile

Nothing in it. We've crying out for someone who'll stand up and be counted withabit of an attitude for years.
Colbacks antics on 21:48 - Feb 3 with 2661 viewsPhilmyRs

Colbacks antics on 21:34 - Feb 3 by Hunterhoop

I’m not worked up at all. You misunderstand.

I like my players have some aggro. I’m merely saying that what Cook did (excellent) is different to what Colback did (a bit childish). Not piling in on Colback at all. Just pointing out they are different.

On the football front, I still do genuinely think Field is a significantly better all round footballer than Colback (off the ball in particular), but then I am a Field fanboy, so I am biased.

The picking out Colback for a pile on wasn’t so much aimed at you - but felt OP and others have been quick to highlight the slightest misdemeanour with him yet others get a relatively free ride. I like Field too, although he does pass too safely for my liking but he’s not available for us for 2 games because of a ridiculous card count. You rarely hear him criticised for it, yet Colback is regularly mocked for his guaranteed yellow. Different standards.
Colbacks antics on 21:49 - Feb 3 with 2654 viewsbosh67

Also he's ginger so is on the end of all sorts of bollox from opposing fans. No problem with him giving it back.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Colbacks antics on 21:52 - Feb 3 with 2638 viewsmart_Goblin

Colbacks antics on 20:50 - Feb 3 by connell10

Stan used to do it all the time.

Yeah a fair bunch of comments.

I’ve been crying out for us to get nastier so I get the argument .
I just thought with something like 20 mins left he could have looked like a right bell end .
Just wanted him to concentrate . Not sure about the Stan argument though . Stan was a genius . Colback is not .

And Stan probably didn’t do that whilst sitting in the bottom 3 .
Colbacks antics on 21:56 - Feb 3 with 2589 viewsbosh67

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/2024/february/03/colback-s-blackburn-verdict/

Colback talking after the game.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Colbacks antics on 21:57 - Feb 3 with 2571 viewsHunterhoop

Colbacks antics on 21:48 - Feb 3 by PhilmyRs

The picking out Colback for a pile on wasn’t so much aimed at you - but felt OP and others have been quick to highlight the slightest misdemeanour with him yet others get a relatively free ride. I like Field too, although he does pass too safely for my liking but he’s not available for us for 2 games because of a ridiculous card count. You rarely hear him criticised for it, yet Colback is regularly mocked for his guaranteed yellow. Different standards.

Field has played almost twice as many games this season, so, tbf, Colback’s card to game ratio is ridiculous.

And for balance, I was a fan of the Colback signing, in spite of the age. He’s a player I have always rated at this level. And I thought it was worth the stitching us up next year to have him this year. Having watched him this season, I still think Field is a better all round player and would always start over him for me. Field is more mobile, taller, better at reading the game and getting out to make blocks and tackles. Colback is good to have for game management and does get forward betters but I think he is in the team to play 8 and Field 6. It’s the 8 that is letting us down (Dozzell, Colback or EBD). Under Marti we’ve been rock solid in open play. A lot of that comes down to your 6.
Colbacks antics on 21:58 - Feb 3 with 2564 viewsmart_Goblin

Colbacks antics on 21:48 - Feb 3 by PhilmyRs

Wasn’t “piling in “ at all.

Been heavily critical of Field too so you are incorrect .

Also said he is now playing well and becoming a valuable asset .

Just wondered if it was sensible of him to get involved and risking the ref booking him for lobbing the ball over the hoardings. Seen Chair booked for less this season .

Then that’s a suspension. Not piling in, if anything stressing that he’s important to our run in
Colbacks antics on 22:04 - Feb 3 with 2511 viewsPhilmyRs

Colbacks antics on 21:58 - Feb 3 by mart_Goblin

Wasn’t “piling in “ at all.

Been heavily critical of Field too so you are incorrect .

Also said he is now playing well and becoming a valuable asset .

Just wondered if it was sensible of him to get involved and risking the ref booking him for lobbing the ball over the hoardings. Seen Chair booked for less this season .

Then that’s a suspension. Not piling in, if anything stressing that he’s important to our run in

Fair enough. I do think Colback has made mistakes but he does seem a player fans are looking to criticise rather than judging with a balanced opinion. For me I thought he put a shift in today, did what you’d want but fully expected there to be some form of criticism of him on here, although appreciate yours was more aimed at the subtle kick the ball into the stands tactic rather than performance on the pitch.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024