Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
On This Day - Ipswich Away '93. 13:40 - Feb 9 with 1881 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Oh Tony....

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

On This Day - Ipswich Away '93. on 13:41 - Feb 9 with 1869 viewsNorthernr

Little short of a tragedy that we had that team with that goalkeeper.
On This Day - Ipswich Away '93. on 13:44 - Feb 9 with 1843 viewscharmr

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again.

I can’t remember ever see him make a save.
On This Day - Ipswich Away '93. on 14:13 - Feb 9 with 1753 viewsCamberleyR

On This Day - Ipswich Away '93. on 13:41 - Feb 9 by Northernr

I'll never understand how Gerry seemed to lose faith so quickly with Jan Stejskal and how he played so much for us. Stejskal was ten times the keeper Coco The Clown was.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

On This Day - Ipswich Away '93. on 14:19 - Feb 9 with 1725 viewsdaveB

On This Day - Ipswich Away '93. on 14:13 - Feb 9 by CamberleyR

I'll never understand how Gerry seemed to lose faith so quickly with Jan Stejskal and how he played so much for us. Stejskal was ten times the keeper Coco The Clown was.

He had a terrible spell over Christmas, Palace at home Stejskal was dreadful and cost us 2 goals, Roberts came in and we won a few games so he stayed in
On This Day - Ipswich Away '93. on 14:23 - Feb 9 with 1706 viewsdaveB

It was a frustrating time, If we'd signed a decent keeper and one of many good goalscoring midfield players at the time we could have won the league, I always wanted Gary Parker before he went to Villa or Ray Houghton who were both affordable.
On This Day - Ipswich Away '93. on 14:28 - Feb 9 with 1686 viewsRanger_1969

Didn't Gerry say later that he tried to sign Nigel Martyn - but Thompson wouldn't sanction it? - That would have been a big improvement!
On This Day - Ipswich Away '93. on 14:37 - Feb 9 with 1636 viewsNorthernr

On This Day - Ipswich Away '93. on 14:23 - Feb 9 by daveB

It was a frustrating time, If we'd signed a decent keeper and one of many good goalscoring midfield players at the time we could have won the league, I always wanted Gary Parker before he went to Villa or Ray Houghton who were both affordable.

Ray Houghton very nearly signed for us when he left Oxford I think.
On This Day - Ipswich Away '93. on 14:46 - Feb 9 with 1613 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Did I hear the name Dozzell there brought back a nasty flashback haha.
Those red shorts did not work well with our away shirt at all IMO
Login to get fewer ads

On This Day - Ipswich Away '93. on 15:04 - Feb 9 with 1576 viewsCamberleyR

On This Day - Ipswich Away '93. on 14:19 - Feb 9 by daveB

He had a terrible spell over Christmas, Palace at home Stejskal was dreadful and cost us 2 goals, Roberts came in and we won a few games so he stayed in

That was Stejskal's first dodgy period as the recognised #1 in the two and a half seasons he'd had with us so I think Gerry should have stood by him a bit more than he did. Up till then, apart from his slightly iffy start when he first came to us with language problems etc, he'd been an excellent keeper for us.

Roberts being in goal and Wilkins getting injured at Christmas and missing three months cost us possibly ending up where Villa and Norwich did and European football.

On This Day - Ipswich Away '93. on 15:08 - Feb 9 with 1554 viewsSuperhoop83

Roberts had a similar nightmare with an Ian Crook shot against Norwich in the Boxing Day match featured this week.

I must confess that I never thought he was THAT bad back in the day, absolute howlers aside, but I know I'm in the minority and rightly so, it seems.

Suffering since 1978.

On This Day - Ipswich Away '93. on 15:09 - Feb 9 with 1546 viewsNorthernr

On This Day - Ipswich Away '93. on 15:08 - Feb 9 by Superhoop83

Roberts had a similar nightmare with an Ian Crook shot against Norwich in the Boxing Day match featured this week.

I must confess that I never thought he was THAT bad back in the day, absolute howlers aside, but I know I'm in the minority and rightly so, it seems.

He was shocking. Even the Trevor Sinclair bicycle kick game started with Neil Redfearn nutmegging him from 30 yards.
On This Day - Ipswich Away '93. on 15:15 - Feb 9 with 1508 viewsLongsufferingR

On This Day - Ipswich Away '93. on 14:46 - Feb 9 by CLAREMAN1995

Did I hear the name Dozzell there brought back a nasty flashback haha.
Those red shorts did not work well with our away shirt at all IMO

Red shorts looked mighty fine at Wembley though!
On This Day - Ipswich Away '93. on 15:17 - Feb 9 with 1493 viewsBenny_the_Ball

On This Day - Ipswich Away '93. on 15:09 - Feb 9 by Northernr

He was shocking. Even the Trevor Sinclair bicycle kick game started with Neil Redfearn nutmegging him from 30 yards.

That one was worse than this one. Often forgotten amidst the victory and Trevor's goal.

[Post edited 9 Feb 15:20]
On This Day - Ipswich Away '93. on 15:33 - Feb 9 with 1452 viewsSuperhoop83

On This Day - Ipswich Away '93. on 15:17 - Feb 9 by Benny_the_Ball

That one was worse than this one. Often forgotten amidst the victory and Trevor's goal.

He seemed to struggle with the shots that went straight at, or rather through, him.

Suffering since 1978.

On This Day - Ipswich Away '93. on 15:37 - Feb 9 with 1425 viewsBrianMcCarthy

On This Day - Ipswich Away '93. on 15:33 - Feb 9 by Superhoop83

He seemed to struggle with the shots that went straight at, or rather through, him.

And ones that went away from him.
And crosses.
And backpasses.
And anything involving a ball really.

Basically, it was the ball's fault.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

On This Day - Ipswich Away '93. on 15:43 - Feb 9 with 1404 viewsTheChef

Still love the fact Devon White was a Premier League striker

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

On This Day - Ipswich Away '93. on 15:44 - Feb 9 with 1404 viewsWatford_Ranger

On This Day - Ipswich Away '93. on 15:17 - Feb 9 by Benny_the_Ball

Don’t think I’d ever seen the highlights apart from Sinclair’s goal. Lovely goal from Peacock and Roberts was almost as much at fault for the last goal as the first. A Dagenham legend for the little that’s worth.

Must be a better coach than he ever was a player with the career he’s had (and having).
On This Day - Ipswich Away '93. on 15:55 - Feb 9 with 1374 viewsActonExile

We had 1000's there that night, when we spoke to the QPR copper he told us that Ipswich had phoned QPR to ask how many to expect and the club said about 250, the Ipswich copper said there were other 2,000 in the town already and that was about 6pm, they had to move Ipswich season ticket holders out of their seats to accommodate our fans and we were in the press seats.

Poll: Wherever QPR end up playing home games in the future, what is most important?

On This Day - Ipswich Away '93. on 16:57 - Feb 9 with 1268 viewsqpr_1968

On This Day - Ipswich Away '93. on 15:55 - Feb 9 by ActonExile

We had 1000's there that night, when we spoke to the QPR copper he told us that Ipswich had phoned QPR to ask how many to expect and the club said about 250, the Ipswich copper said there were other 2,000 in the town already and that was about 6pm, they had to move Ipswich season ticket holders out of their seats to accommodate our fans and we were in the press seats.

great day and night.....

when night games were'nt too much of a chore.
in them days anyway.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

On This Day - Ipswich Away '93. on 17:03 - Feb 9 with 1247 viewsSuperhoop83

On This Day - Ipswich Away '93. on 15:09 - Feb 9 by Northernr

Well, if it wasn't for that we'd never have witnessed the most perfect goal in history, and yet still you give him pelters!

Suffering since 1978.

On This Day - Ipswich Away '93. on 17:57 - Feb 9 with 1131 viewspaulparker

On This Day - Ipswich Away '93. on 14:23 - Feb 9 by daveB

Alex Rae or Ian Bishop was my preferred choices at the time
A real sliding doors moment was us not investing, if you think back to that time the division 1 clubs were spending tons of cash , Derby, Palace, Millwall, Watford were spending loads more than us and picking up some right gems , we had Maurice Doyle as back up to super Ray which says it all

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

On This Day - Ipswich Away '93. on 11:34 - Feb 10 with 909 viewsCamberleyR

Oh Andy....

On This Day - Ipswich Away '93. on 09:29 - Feb 12 with 688 viewsTheChef

On This Day - Ipswich Away '93. on 11:34 - Feb 10 by CamberleyR

Oh Andy....

Simon Osborn mentioned too...

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024