Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Meffs 13:01 - Mar 18 with 447 viewsSparkfilmsTV

I was going to add this to 'Tigers at Layer Road' but 'The Meffs' deserve to appear in a heading of their own on this forum.

They are a punk band ( just two of them ) based in Colchester who are likely to make an impression on those who are fortunate enough to see them.

I have to admit to not seeing them as yet but their name has been mentioned multiple times by local gig goers.

The next best thing l could do was watch several of their tracks and ( possibly ) self made videos on YouTube and l can see why people here are enthused. I am too.

Colchester, be it a city or a town does have a decent live music scene and The Meffs are likely to be seen and heard in many locations much further afield in the coming months and years.

The Meffs on 13:25 - Mar 18 with 431 viewsTheOldOakTree

Love it!!

Good to see there's still some anarchy about!

...and the best the farmers can do is Ed Shitandboring
The Meffs on 14:31 - Mar 18 with 404 viewsMoor_Pinot

The Meffs on 13:25 - Mar 18 by TheOldOakTree

Love it!!

Good to see there's still some anarchy about!

...and the best the farmers can do is Ed Shitandboring

Superb!!
Our own White Stripes.
When are they on tour in Cornwall!?

Thank you for highlighting this.

Moor Pinot

The Meffs on 15:31 - Mar 18 with 390 viewsSparkfilmsTV

I just met up with a musician friend in town ( city? ) and the first thing we spoke about was Steve Harley.

The second thing we spoke about was 'The Meffs' and they record at the same studio ( possibly the one behind East Gates ) as my friend.
The Meffs on 15:49 - Mar 18 with 387 viewsTheOldOakTree

There’s no better look for a woman that a bit of slim fit Fred Perry.

Funny how our six toed Suffolk neighbours can manage to churn out various artists that produce the sort of shite that would inspire granny to dance her way to the floor, at your cousins wedding, whereas Essex have always been the masters of all things edgy.

Dr Feelgood – Milk and Alcohol would be my favourite. Shame the video had a Cadillac and not a Mk3 Cortina.

The Prodigy, Depeche Mode, but if you’re talking punk+Col U, then good old special duties ‘Up the U’s’ still does it for me!

I’m sure many know them, but the lead singer used to print my business stationary, that’s Rock and Roll!
[Post edited 18 Mar 15:49]
The Meffs on 16:26 - Mar 18 with 362 viewsSparkfilmsTV

The Meffs on 15:49 - Mar 18 by TheOldOakTree

There’s no better look for a woman that a bit of slim fit Fred Perry.

Funny how our six toed Suffolk neighbours can manage to churn out various artists that produce the sort of shite that would inspire granny to dance her way to the floor, at your cousins wedding, whereas Essex have always been the masters of all things edgy.

Dr Feelgood – Milk and Alcohol would be my favourite. Shame the video had a Cadillac and not a Mk3 Cortina.

The Prodigy, Depeche Mode, but if you’re talking punk+Col U, then good old special duties ‘Up the U’s’ still does it for me!

I’m sure many know them, but the lead singer used to print my business stationary, that’s Rock and Roll!
[Post edited 18 Mar 15:49]

I'll shoot down to the final paragraph.

Steve may well be following some of this. As you may be aware he lost his punk record collection in a fire some years ago.

He has an office / music room upstairs in his new home and has a good collection of CD's etc and still takes an interest in the punk / new wave genre.

The 'Boy's of '92' that celebrated The Conference and FA Trophy double was Steve's concept with Jeff Dewing of Cloud ( previously Cloud FM ) and a few of us helping out with the event that took place at Colchester Town Hall in May '22.

It was a brilliant night and one of the best events l have ever been associated with.

It was also an emotional night for many of us and there were some unforgettable moments.

And back up a paragraph or two, l never tire of a mention of The Prodigy!
The Meffs on 14:59 - Mar 19 with 293 viewsSparkfilmsTV

While on the subject of Colchester based bands 'Pet Needs' will be playing in San Diego tonight while touring the USA.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024