Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes 09:43 - Apr 28 with 9537 viewswessex_exile

As suggested on the matchday thread, let’s kick off the traditional summer transfer speculation. I’ll start with our current loanees. I doubt Palace would release Owen Goodman, and if they did, would we want him or even be able to afford him? Of the rest, I’d definitely like to see Alastair Smith and maybe Riley Harbottle sign if they were released. As for the rest, they’ll be heading back to make room for new choices.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 08:38 - May 16 with 2128 viewsbwildered

Striker Macauley Bonne - who played the second half of last season on loan at Cambridge United released by Gills and also George Lapsie .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 09:33 - May 16 with 2107 viewswessex_exile

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 08:38 - May 16 by bwildered

Striker Macauley Bonne - who played the second half of last season on loan at Cambridge United released by Gills and also George Lapsie .

Macca Bonne - that’ll get the blood pressure rising here! I like the sound of George Lapslie, but this BBC report says that he’s for sale, not released, which probably puts him beyond our reach. I wouldn’t be surprised if he goes to League 1.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/c2545el91reo.amp

Up the U's

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 09:59 - May 16 with 2096 viewsburnsieespana

Can't imagine Bonne is DC's type of player.
The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 17:26 - May 16 with 2022 viewsCrashBandicoot

Bonne's goal scoring form has been patchy the last few seasons though he did do well for Orient a few seasons back.

Poll: Who would you like as next Us head coach

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 17:58 - May 16 with 2005 viewsburnsieespana

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 17:26 - May 16 by CrashBandicoot

Bonne's goal scoring form has been patchy the last few seasons though he did do well for Orient a few seasons back.

He never impressed me but I. Know some have a different view.
The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 22:23 - May 16 with 1939 viewsdurham_exile

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 17:58 - May 16 by burnsieespana

I understand he's trying out for Ferrari after his exploits driving back from training.

Another player with talent who has wasted it.
Gillingham offered him a lifeline and he blew it.

I used to be a Bonne fan but not anymore.

Durham_exile

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 10:24 - May 18 with 1806 viewsburnsieespana

See Dan Kemp has been released by MK Don's.
The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 12:23 - May 18 with 1781 viewsdurham_exile

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 10:24 - May 18 by burnsieespana

Now he would be a great signing

Durham_exile

Login to get fewer ads

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 16:56 - May 18 with 1728 viewsthrillseeker

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 17:58 - May 16 by burnsieespana

Same here - Bonne never impressed me
The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 16:57 - May 18 with 1727 viewsthrillseeker

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 10:24 - May 18 by burnsieespana

Now that would be a good signing
The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 19:00 - May 18 with 1697 viewswessex_exile

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 16:57 - May 18 by thrillseeker

Now that would be a good signing

Needless to say, Swindon supporters want him back, but they don't seem to hold out much hope of signing him. Their rumour is that Bradford are after Kemp, but then again the Bantams were after the Cowleys too, and that didn't exactly work out for them. Would be a great signing if we can afford him.

Up the U's

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 19:13 - May 18 with 1693 viewswessex_exile

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 19:00 - May 18 by wessex_exile

Needless to say, Swindon supporters want him back, but they don't seem to hold out much hope of signing him. Their rumour is that Bradford are after Kemp, but then again the Bantams were after the Cowleys too, and that didn't exactly work out for them. Would be a great signing if we can afford him.

Incidentally, Swindon supporters voted him player of the season for 2023/24, despite MK Dons recalling his loan in January. Huge vote of confidence in Kemp, but a massive slap in the chops for the rest of their squad who were there all season.

Up the U's

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 20:06 - May 20 with 1538 viewsCrashBandicoot

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 19:13 - May 18 by wessex_exile

Incidentally, Swindon supporters voted him player of the season for 2023/24, despite MK Dons recalling his loan in January. Huge vote of confidence in Kemp, but a massive slap in the chops for the rest of their squad who were there all season.

I think Kemp would be an excellent player for us if he joins. I reckon he would have led the line well at MK Dons next season but obviously they are looking for something else.

Don't forget DC said that we would be aggressive when trying to sign players.

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 23:54 - May 21 with 1406 viewsdurham_exile

Omari Patrick is leaving Sutton.
Would be a decent acquisition.

Durham_exile

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 06:43 - May 23 with 1274 viewsbwildered

FORMER Colchester United striker Kurtis Guthrie has been released by relegated Scottish Premiership side Livingston FC.

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 09:15 - May 23 with 1254 viewsburnsieespana

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 06:43 - May 23 by bwildered

FORMER Colchester United striker Kurtis Guthrie has been released by relegated Scottish Premiership side Livingston FC.

And Hayes Welsh put on transfer list!
The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 18:40 - May 23 with 1138 viewsbwildered

COLCHESTER United winger Jayden Fevrier is on the radar of League One new boys Stockport County, according to reports.

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 09:44 - May 24 with 1000 viewsRSCOSWORTH

How long do you reckon we are giving the players we've offered deals to? Seems like they've had a while to make their minds up.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 11:12 - May 24 with 993 viewsburnsieespana

Nothing been said. Of course officially all are Col U players until end of June so that will concentrate m8nds!
No rumours I have heard regarding potential signings so all very quiet
The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 13:46 - May 24 with 952 viewsCrashBandicoot

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 11:12 - May 24 by burnsieespana

Nothing been said. Of course officially all are Col U players until end of June so that will concentrate m8nds!
No rumours I have heard regarding potential signings so all very quiet

Keeping quiet about signings is usually RC's way but 2 Keepers we could aim for are Paul Farman & Jack Sims. Farman has a solid track record and Sims could potentially make the step up to EFL.

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 18:33 - May 24 with 898 viewswessex_exile

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 13:46 - May 24 by CrashBandicoot

Keeping quiet about signings is usually RC's way but 2 Keepers we could aim for are Paul Farman & Jack Sims. Farman has a solid track record and Sims could potentially make the step up to EFL.

Jay Mingi sold to Stockport County for an undisclosed fee. To be ratified as soon as the transfer window opens.

Up the U's

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 18:34 - May 24 with 897 viewsburnsieespana

Departures have started. Hope we got a decent fee although he was way better than our level. DC trailed his sale since end of season. Money might make all the difference for next yest.
Was very surprised reading a few days ago majority of Crawley's players were recruited from the National League with only two being with the club before Scott Lynsey arrived from Swindon
[Post edited 24 May 18:52]
The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 21:11 - May 24 with 798 viewsCrashBandicoot

I hope the Cowleys have got some decent targets in mind with Mingi gone and Fevrier and possibly even Chilvers likely to be moving on as well - hopefully we'll get decent fees if thate the case.

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 07:58 - May 25 with 664 viewsburnsieespana

Trying to build up a war chest as if he wants zsmith suspect he won't be cheap.
The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 14:53 - May 25 with 540 viewsburnsieespana

Evidently a sell on fee was included when we signed him from Portsmouth plus we paid the £30k last summer described as a training fee.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024