Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
where are the points coming from 20:35 - Feb 6 with 4659 viewstom007

Hi folks.
Good to be here and this is my predictions would any of yours be the same.

blackburn = 3 pts
fulham 3 pts
everton 3 pts
bolton 1pt
liverpool 1 pt
sunderland 1 pt
arsenal 1 pt
man u 0 pt
swansea 3 pt
west brom 0 pt
spurs 1 pt
chelsea 0 pt
stoke 3 pt
man city 0 pt

I believe we will get 20 more points that is my belief and that should be enough.

time will tell but these are possible points judged on the other sides performances so far no team from mid downward has been consistent and i am certain we will hit form any time now.
well hopefully.

where are the points coming from on 20:43 - Feb 6 with 4003 viewsVish

Anything could happen. Who would've thought we'd beat Everton and Stoke away before those games were played?
where are the points coming from on 20:50 - Feb 6 with 3981 viewsN12Hoop

To win 3 in a row and then be unbeaten in 7 as you are suggesting is wishful thinking. Hope I'm wrong!

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

where are the points coming from on 20:52 - Feb 6 with 3974 viewsTGRRRSSS

That does seem unlikely but if that was to happen there's no question we'd stay up.
where are the points coming from on 20:53 - Feb 6 with 3972 viewsManinBlack

I admire your optimisim and could do with a dose of it myself. Our boys have not won two league games in a row this season let alone for them to win three on the bounce!
where are the points coming from on 21:00 - Feb 6 with 3965 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

We don't need all those points. Can throw some away imo.
Individual football games are so unpredictable there really isn't any point.
where are the points coming from on 21:01 - Feb 6 with 3960 viewskropotkin41

Until proved wrong I am going to continue to believe that we're going to win the next 4 on the bounce, get a point against Liverpool and then beat Swansea and Stoke........ anything else will be a bonus!

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

where are the points coming from on 01:42 - Feb 7 with 3872 viewsDylanP

I wish I was as optimistic as you.

blackburn = 3 pts
fulham 1 pts
everton 0 pts
bolton 3 pt
liverpool 1 pt
sunderland 1 pt
arsenal 1 pt
man u 0 pt
swansea 3 pt
west brom 0 pt
spurs 0 pt
chelsea 0 pt
stoke 3 pt
man city 0 pt

16 points. And that is optimistic. Maybe things will click and we will get a lot more but so on performances so far I have to think we are going to have to survive on 37 points and maybe a fair bit less.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

where are the points coming from on 04:10 - Feb 7 with 3850 viewsDubaiR

where are the points coming from on 01:42 - Feb 7 by DylanP

I wish I was as optimistic as you.

blackburn = 3 pts
fulham 1 pts
everton 0 pts
bolton 3 pt
liverpool 1 pt
sunderland 1 pt
arsenal 1 pt
man u 0 pt
swansea 3 pt
west brom 0 pt
spurs 0 pt
chelsea 0 pt
stoke 3 pt
man city 0 pt

16 points. And that is optimistic. Maybe things will click and we will get a lot more but so on performances so far I have to think we are going to have to survive on 37 points and maybe a fair bit less.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Blackburn - 1 point
Fulham - 3 points
Everton - 1 point
Bolton - 0 points
Liverpool - 0 points
Sunderland - 0 points
Arsenal - 1 point
Man Utd - 0 points
Swansea - 3 points
West Brom - 1 Point
Spurs - 1 point
Chelsea - 0 points
Stoke - 3 points
Man City - 1 point

- 15 points
Login to get fewer ads

where are the points coming from on 04:46 - Feb 7 with 3831 viewsexiled_dictator

NO!

As I see it, every game we play has the potential to give us 3 points FACT.
Just look at the Everton, Stoke & Chelsea games of earlier this season. Before each of them, I guarantee that not one of you could have predicted the results of the points we gained. So therefore, EVERY game is a potential victory and 3 points. So for me, the list reads as follows:

blackburn = 3 pts
fulham 3 pts
everton 3 pts
bolton 3 pts
liverpool 3 pts
sunderland 3 pts
arsenal 3 pts
man u 3 pts
swansea 3 pts
west brom 3 pts
spurs 3 pts
chelsea3 pts
stoke 3 pts
man city 3 pts

You can argue and discuss all you like about the possibilities of this happening, but nobody can deny that it is as likely as any of the other predictions. So until otherwise, we will get 42 points and challenge for the Europa League positions.

Glass half empty or half full?
Mine IS full and overflowing (please no sexual innuendo)
Onwards and Upwards.

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

where are the points coming from on 04:57 - Feb 7 with 3834 viewsMelakaRanger

where are the points coming from on 04:46 - Feb 7 by exiled_dictator

NO!

As I see it, every game we play has the potential to give us 3 points FACT.
Just look at the Everton, Stoke & Chelsea games of earlier this season. Before each of them, I guarantee that not one of you could have predicted the results of the points we gained. So therefore, EVERY game is a potential victory and 3 points. So for me, the list reads as follows:

blackburn = 3 pts
fulham 3 pts
everton 3 pts
bolton 3 pts
liverpool 3 pts
sunderland 3 pts
arsenal 3 pts
man u 3 pts
swansea 3 pts
west brom 3 pts
spurs 3 pts
chelsea3 pts
stoke 3 pts
man city 3 pts

You can argue and discuss all you like about the possibilities of this happening, but nobody can deny that it is as likely as any of the other predictions. So until otherwise, we will get 42 points and challenge for the Europa League positions.

Glass half empty or half full?
Mine IS full and overflowing (please no sexual innuendo)
Onwards and Upwards.

No good being optimistic or pessimistic, just time to be realistic.

If we beat Blackburn then we are on our way and must then get 2 wins and a draw minimum from Fulham, Everton and Bolton.

Lose to Blackburn and we are as good as sunk. A draw is almost as bad.

Realistically we need to win the next 4 games - Blackburn, Fulham, Everton and Bolton to give us a fighting chance. Then if we pick up 6 or 7 points from the remaining matches we should be OK.

But do we have the team spirit and is our Captain a leader and a fighter? Regretably the answer is unlikely and No!

where are the points coming from on 09:27 - Feb 7 with 3754 viewsadhoc_qpr

where are the points coming from on 04:57 - Feb 7 by MelakaRanger

No good being optimistic or pessimistic, just time to be realistic.

If we beat Blackburn then we are on our way and must then get 2 wins and a draw minimum from Fulham, Everton and Bolton.

Lose to Blackburn and we are as good as sunk. A draw is almost as bad.

Realistically we need to win the next 4 games - Blackburn, Fulham, Everton and Bolton to give us a fighting chance. Then if we pick up 6 or 7 points from the remaining matches we should be OK.

But do we have the team spirit and is our Captain a leader and a fighter? Regretably the answer is unlikely and No!

Actually i'd say a draw against Blackburn or Bolton isn't a bad result, because it maintains the gaps between us.

A loss, following the Villa and Wolves disappointments would be a bit of a blow to morale and momentum and suck us right back into the relegation zone.

Hopefully we'll at least have some midfielders back after this weekend (Buz and Diakite) which would be a massive boost going into those next 3 games.
where are the points coming from on 09:33 - Feb 7 with 3743 viewsWatford_Ranger

We need 15 more I reckon and to do that we'll need seven at least from these next four games. I think this group has it in them to pull off a big shock somewhere though.
where are the points coming from on 11:19 - Feb 7 with 3707 viewscoolranger

blackburn 1 pt
fulham 3 pts
everton 1 pt
bolton 0 pts
liverpool 1 pt
sunderland 0 pts
arsenal 0 pts
man utd 0 pts
swansea 3 pts
west brom 3 pts
spurs 0 pts
chelsea 0 pts
stoke 3 pts
man city 0 pts

15 pts and therefore 36 pt total.
where are the points coming from on 11:26 - Feb 7 with 3699 viewsNeil_SI

If we can maintain confidence and enthusiasm levels, then we have a better chance than people realise with the run in.

The squad needs to settle again and get to know one another, so that always makes these upcoming games more difficult, even if they are easy on paper. Those can go whatever way and be no real surprise, but the longer the squad has together, the better they should be in theory.

So it's possible we'll be at our best for that tough run in, just when there is pressure on the bigger sides to deliver for their own aspirations and that may work to our advantage.
where are the points coming from on 11:37 - Feb 7 with 3690 viewscoolranger

where are the points coming from on 11:26 - Feb 7 by Neil_SI

If we can maintain confidence and enthusiasm levels, then we have a better chance than people realise with the run in.

The squad needs to settle again and get to know one another, so that always makes these upcoming games more difficult, even if they are easy on paper. Those can go whatever way and be no real surprise, but the longer the squad has together, the better they should be in theory.

So it's possible we'll be at our best for that tough run in, just when there is pressure on the bigger sides to deliver for their own aspirations and that may work to our advantage.

We've certainly used up every excuse in the book to date ;

'harsh' red cards against us
new players need 'time to gel'
harsh penalty decisions
using wrong systems
injuries
suspensions at key times
plain bad luck
poor team spirit
managerial uncertainty
bringing new players in at the eleventh hour
lack of Premier standard match fitness
poor tactics
inflexibility
no pace
etc

But we are not the only Prem club who could tick off most of those boxes. After 24 chances we are where we are for good reason. We have not been good enough at this level. Simples.

In my view only the failings of others have kept us largely out of the bottom three. I look at what we have now and think that we should pull out of our nose dive and just about stay up. If we do, then we will hopefully be able to make a far better fist of a second season in the Prem.

BUT, we are seriously running out of winnable games. One could argue we really need to WIN all of the next four games and then scrape together another 7 pts from our run in, and what a run in....

WE may well have to hope that 36 or 37 pts will suffice. To reach 40 pts now I really believe we will need to beat one or two of the top six sides. I go back to the Wolves game. If we had won that we would be 6 pts clear of trouble, instead the margin is just 1 pt. That result could really haunt us.
where are the points coming from on 12:02 - Feb 7 with 3670 viewsNeil_SI

where are the points coming from on 11:37 - Feb 7 by coolranger

We've certainly used up every excuse in the book to date ;

'harsh' red cards against us
new players need 'time to gel'
harsh penalty decisions
using wrong systems
injuries
suspensions at key times
plain bad luck
poor team spirit
managerial uncertainty
bringing new players in at the eleventh hour
lack of Premier standard match fitness
poor tactics
inflexibility
no pace
etc

But we are not the only Prem club who could tick off most of those boxes. After 24 chances we are where we are for good reason. We have not been good enough at this level. Simples.

In my view only the failings of others have kept us largely out of the bottom three. I look at what we have now and think that we should pull out of our nose dive and just about stay up. If we do, then we will hopefully be able to make a far better fist of a second season in the Prem.

BUT, we are seriously running out of winnable games. One could argue we really need to WIN all of the next four games and then scrape together another 7 pts from our run in, and what a run in....

WE may well have to hope that 36 or 37 pts will suffice. To reach 40 pts now I really believe we will need to beat one or two of the top six sides. I go back to the Wolves game. If we had won that we would be 6 pts clear of trouble, instead the margin is just 1 pt. That result could really haunt us.

The main issue has been quality and depth, but to solve those problems, you need to do it early in the summer and put in a lot of hard work in pre-season, whereas we've taken about to addressing that during the season by how late we did our business in both windows.

On paper, the current squad is much stronger than last season's, but they've not blended yet, and might not blend in time, who knows? But that's why last season's squad was better than people realised, because they had that team spirit and togetherness and knew each others games and temperaments and that sometimes can take you further than you realise.

Over a period of time however, you'd expect the quality of last years squad to struggle, and over a period of time, you'd expect new faces to make a more consistent impact over a longer stretch. But we're not there yet and to some degree, are starting again from this January.

Whatever happens is we've got to do better at blending the new lads in this time around than the first time, as you have to say that most of the last window's signings have under performed on the whole or not produced what you might have expected in the period they've been here.

The best players this season have still been the ones who were here last season, which are Alejandro Faurlin and Heidar Helguson. The only glittering performance from any of the new players was Shaun Wright-Phillips display against Newcastle United, where he was totally unplayable, but he's fallen from that height dramatically since and is now operating way below where you'd expect he should be.

It's finely balanced, but generally I'm not worried about the top teams or the tougher looking fixtures. It never works out the way you expect it to, so all we can do is give it our best and a right good go and see what happens.

We are where we are, and the position we're in the table is still a good one for us, and one we'd take all day long at the end of the season. If we survive, it'll be an excellent achievement considering the risks we've taken throughout and it's certainly not beyond us.
where are the points coming from on 12:32 - Feb 7 with 3637 viewscoolranger

where are the points coming from on 12:02 - Feb 7 by Neil_SI

The main issue has been quality and depth, but to solve those problems, you need to do it early in the summer and put in a lot of hard work in pre-season, whereas we've taken about to addressing that during the season by how late we did our business in both windows.

On paper, the current squad is much stronger than last season's, but they've not blended yet, and might not blend in time, who knows? But that's why last season's squad was better than people realised, because they had that team spirit and togetherness and knew each others games and temperaments and that sometimes can take you further than you realise.

Over a period of time however, you'd expect the quality of last years squad to struggle, and over a period of time, you'd expect new faces to make a more consistent impact over a longer stretch. But we're not there yet and to some degree, are starting again from this January.

Whatever happens is we've got to do better at blending the new lads in this time around than the first time, as you have to say that most of the last window's signings have under performed on the whole or not produced what you might have expected in the period they've been here.

The best players this season have still been the ones who were here last season, which are Alejandro Faurlin and Heidar Helguson. The only glittering performance from any of the new players was Shaun Wright-Phillips display against Newcastle United, where he was totally unplayable, but he's fallen from that height dramatically since and is now operating way below where you'd expect he should be.

It's finely balanced, but generally I'm not worried about the top teams or the tougher looking fixtures. It never works out the way you expect it to, so all we can do is give it our best and a right good go and see what happens.

We are where we are, and the position we're in the table is still a good one for us, and one we'd take all day long at the end of the season. If we survive, it'll be an excellent achievement considering the risks we've taken throughout and it's certainly not beyond us.

Good points, well made.
where are the points coming from on 12:51 - Feb 7 with 3619 viewsNorthernr

blackburn 3 pts
fulham 3 pts
everton 3 pts
bolton 3 pts

MANAGER OF THE MONTH AWARD

liverpool 0 pt
sunderland 0 pt
arsenal 0 pt
man u 0 pt

MESSAGE BOARD MASS PANIC

swansea 3 pt
west brom 3 pt
spurs 3 pt

STREET PARTY

chelsea 0 pt
stoke 0 pt
man city 0 pt

SUMMER OF POSTS ASKING IF HUGHES IS REALLY THE RIGHT MAN FOR THE JOB
where are the points coming from on 12:58 - Feb 7 with 3590 viewsexiled_dictator

where are the points coming from on 12:51 - Feb 7 by Northernr

blackburn 3 pts
fulham 3 pts
everton 3 pts
bolton 3 pts

liverpool 0 pt
sunderland 0 pt
arsenal 0 pt
man u 0 pt

MESSAGE BOARD MASS PANIC

swansea 3 pt
west brom 3 pt
spurs 3 pt

STREET PARTY

chelsea 0 pt
stoke 0 pt
man city 0 pt

Northern, I reckon that even if we did win every game till the end of the season without conceding a single goal, red card or even a yellow card, there would still be posters here who would complain about it.

You can please some of the people some of the time,
but you can never please a QPR supporter.

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

where are the points coming from on 13:02 - Feb 7 with 3587 viewsak68

Sporting Index has the bottom six as:

WBA 42
QPR 36
Wolves 36
Bolton 36
Blackburn 32
Wigan 30

With three teams on 36pts it seems reasonable to assume that the threshold will be close to that.
where are the points coming from on 13:09 - Feb 7 with 3577 viewskingo

The main reason people seem to have for us going down is 'we are QPR and that is what we do'. And yes for a large parts of the last 50 years we have let ourselves down, but that is when we have had poor managers and make weight players. We now have an excellent manager and probably the best squad I have known in my 50 years. In the past when we have had a good manager like Stock, Sexton, Venners and to a degree Francis and decent players we have not done the 'usual' and not performed. We will pick up the points because we have a better manager than the others around us and also better players.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

where are the points coming from on 13:16 - Feb 7 with 3573 viewsNorthernr

where are the points coming from on 13:02 - Feb 7 by ak68

Sporting Index has the bottom six as:

WBA 42
QPR 36
Wolves 36
Bolton 36
Blackburn 32
Wigan 30

With three teams on 36pts it seems reasonable to assume that the threshold will be close to that.

How much are they charging for that outcome? I'll write them a fcking cheque right now and we can call the whole thing off.
where are the points coming from on 13:32 - Feb 7 with 3550 viewsMonahoop

where are the points coming from on 12:51 - Feb 7 by Northernr

blackburn 3 pts
fulham 3 pts
everton 3 pts
bolton 3 pts

liverpool 0 pt
sunderland 0 pt
arsenal 0 pt
man u 0 pt

MESSAGE BOARD MASS PANIC

swansea 3 pt
west brom 3 pt
spurs 3 pt

STREET PARTY

chelsea 0 pt
stoke 0 pt
man city 0 pt

Think if we lose at Blackburn on Saturday expect an avalanche of 'is Huges the man for the job' posts from 5pm on.

Reach for the Prozac, because if we lose, next weeks board will be even more depressing than this weeks.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

where are the points coming from on 13:41 - Feb 7 with 3541 viewsKonk

where are the points coming from on 13:32 - Feb 7 by Monahoop

Think if we lose at Blackburn on Saturday expect an avalanche of 'is Huges the man for the job' posts from 5pm on.

Reach for the Prozac, because if we lose, next weeks board will be even more depressing than this weeks.

Despite being rank away from home, I reckon we'll get at least a draw at your place and quite possibly a win (now I've said that, we'll get tonked).

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

where are the points coming from on 13:42 - Feb 7 with 3539 viewsNorthernr

where are the points coming from on 13:41 - Feb 7 by Konk

Despite being rank away from home, I reckon we'll get at least a draw at your place and quite possibly a win (now I've said that, we'll get tonked).

Alright alright, stop waving it around and start fcking!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024