Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Guernsey Update (n/t) 14:47 - Oct 16 with 5922 viewsMadeira163

Following promotion last season Guernsey have carried on where they left off.

They currently sit in 2nd place in the combined counties Premier division
although they have 24 points from 9 games. The leaders Egham town have 27 from 12 so Guernsey look well placed.
The break down so far is won 8 lost 1 with 38 goals scored and 8 conceded.

This year they entered the FA Vase and have just made it to the 2nd round proper but have been draw against unbeaten Erith Town from the Kent League and apparently one of the strongest teams in the competion.

Next year they enter the FA cup, lets hope they make it to the 1st round proper and draw the U's at home !!!!(a club from the C/C prem is one game from first round this year (playing Met Police in final qualifying round)

gurno
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Guernsey Update (n/t) on 20:13 - Apr 30 with 1089 viewsMadeira163

THE world’s most famous cup competition will be coming to the island in August after Guernsey FC were confirmed entry into next season’s FA Cup.

The Green Lions are eligible to enter for the first time after filling in the necessary paperwork and having had their ground grading cleared by the FA.

They will either be in the hat for the extra-preliminary round, to be played on Saturday 17 August, or receive a bye into the preliminary round a fortnight later, depending on which level of football GFC are playing next season.

‘We said from the start that it was our plan to bring FA Cup football to the island as soon as was possible,’ said GFC chairman Steve Dewsnip, pictured.

‘Our FA Vase run was brilliant and we loved every moment of it, but there is no doubt that the magic of the FA Cup brings something extra with it.’
Guernsey Update (n/t) on 20:29 - Apr 30 with 1069 viewsthrillseeker

Guernsey Update (n/t) on 20:13 - Apr 30 by Madeira163

THE world’s most famous cup competition will be coming to the island in August after Guernsey FC were confirmed entry into next season’s FA Cup.

The Green Lions are eligible to enter for the first time after filling in the necessary paperwork and having had their ground grading cleared by the FA.

They will either be in the hat for the extra-preliminary round, to be played on Saturday 17 August, or receive a bye into the preliminary round a fortnight later, depending on which level of football GFC are playing next season.

‘We said from the start that it was our plan to bring FA Cup football to the island as soon as was possible,’ said GFC chairman Steve Dewsnip, pictured.

‘Our FA Vase run was brilliant and we loved every moment of it, but there is no doubt that the magic of the FA Cup brings something extra with it.’

Great news

I fear the fixture backlog/ pile up is going to cost you the Championship although there is a possibility of still gaining promotion to the Ryman league if you finish 2nd as the Ryman League is expanding next season

You need to get to a game before the season ends. You have plenty of choice as you have your final 4 games all at home this weekend, Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday.

Fingers crossed you win tonight
Guernsey Update (n/t) on 22:09 - May 3 with 1052 viewsthrillseeker

Another win tonight

Still an outside chance of Championship

3 Games remaining, all at home, Saturday, Sunday & Monday.
Guernsey Update (n/t) on 23:44 - May 3 with 1046 viewsMadeira163

How bizarre my message board mates know the Guernsey score before I do .

As he happens tonight I was playing cricket for the first time in 10 years ( at 48 The ball seems harder and faster) across the road from the footie ground in the build up to the match the music made me feel like I was playing in the IPL !!!!!!!!

But when the match started all quite so no clue about game

However good news I carried my bat for at least 7 balls 1 NO dropped a catch but dived full length to stop a certain 4 · We won just , I am now in traction and easing the pain with a bottle of red !!!! I should have watched the match maybe tomorrow !!!!!!!!

Ps don't let the wife to be know I batted I swore I wouldn't as she worried about facial injury prior to wedding in 3 weeks
Guernsey Update (n/t) on 17:08 - May 4 with 1027 viewsMadeira163

Epic Fail
Planned my Sat to have lie in, gym, then to watch Guernsey at 15-00

Had lie in , left for gym at 13-10 only to hear roar of crowd at the ground as the first of eight goals went in

Yes a 13-00 kick off not 15-00

Egham won title Guernsey guaranteed second but need points from last two games to get promotion.
Guernsey Update (n/t) on 17:46 - May 4 with 1016 viewsburnsieespana

Fingers crossed they get what they need. How many points required?
Guernsey Update (n/t) on 21:42 - May 4 with 1012 viewsthrillseeker

The FA Vase run and subsequent fixture backlog has cost Guernsey the title.

Guernsey need to win remaining games to ensure their PPG ration is better than 4 other teams in the 5th tier as well the FA agreeing to promotion

PPG - points per game
Guernsey Update (n/t) on 17:12 - May 5 with 1004 viewsMadeira163

Guernsey FC 2, Epsom & Ewell 0
Sunday 5th May 2013, 4:24PM BST.

Late goals from Marc McGrath and Dom Heaume have put Guernsey FC on the brink of promotion from the CCL Premier Division at the first attempt.

On another tense Footes Lane afternoon on Sunday, McGrath struck with a header in the 77th minute to break the deadlock and the lead was doubled by a Heaume header in the dying seconds.

The Green Lions now need just one win from their final game against Farnham Town on Bank Holiday Monday (6 May) to guarantee back-to-back promotions.
Login to get fewer ads

Guernsey Update (n/t) on 19:26 - May 5 with 999 viewsthrillseeker

Guernsey Update (n/t) on 17:12 - May 5 by Madeira163

Guernsey FC 2, Epsom & Ewell 0
Sunday 5th May 2013, 4:24PM BST.

Late goals from Marc McGrath and Dom Heaume have put Guernsey FC on the brink of promotion from the CCL Premier Division at the first attempt.

On another tense Footes Lane afternoon on Sunday, McGrath struck with a header in the 77th minute to break the deadlock and the lead was doubled by a Heaume header in the dying seconds.

The Green Lions now need just one win from their final game against Farnham Town on Bank Holiday Monday (6 May) to guarantee back-to-back promotions.

No excuses gsy163 - the team need your support.

Don't forget it is a 13:00 KO.

3 points and it should be guaranteed promotion due to your PPG

I will be watching the result from sunny Colchester. I believe there is a live stream of the game
Guernsey Update (n/t) on 11:40 - May 6 with 982 viewsMadeira163

Thrillseeker

Point taken
No lie in
Gym done
Just making quick fry up then shower before 12-30 departure. Ground only a five minute walk away. No beer as working at 22:00
Guernsey Update (n/t) on 12:31 - May 6 with 975 viewsthrillseeker

Guernsey Update (n/t) on 11:40 - May 6 by Madeira163

Thrillseeker

Point taken
No lie in
Gym done
Just making quick fry up then shower before 12-30 departure. Ground only a five minute walk away. No beer as working at 22:00

Great stuff gsy163

Hope the team get the positive result they need.

Looking forward to the match report
Guernsey Update (n/t) on 23:40 - May 6 with 957 viewscarruthers

Guernsey promoted, excellent.
Guernsey Update (n/t) on 23:44 - May 6 with 953 viewsBarsidepete

Guernsey Update (n/t) on 23:40 - May 6 by carruthers

Actually, he still needs to navigate that Pick 10 gauntlet he concocted for us ..

but I digress

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

Guernsey Update (n/t) on 09:50 - May 7 with 943 viewsgerry_us

What a great thread this has been GSY and very well done to Guernsey FC. How they managed so many games in the last few weeks in beyond my comprehension. Can you imagine our millionaire superstars in the Prem doing it?

So when does pre-season training start and what league will you be competing in next year?
Guernsey Update (n/t) on 10:18 - May 7 with 940 viewsthrillseeker

Guernsey Update (n/t) on 23:40 - May 6 by carruthers

Indeed, it is excellent

I have thoroughly enjoyed watching their results this year as a side show to the mighty CUFC.

gsy163 - thanks for bringing it to the forum

I believe promotion is to the Ryman League
Guernsey Update (n/t) on 17:30 - May 7 with 931 viewsMadeira163

Mon 6th May
Woke to a hint from thrilseeker
Up on time, 30 mins 14k on bike in gym felt like Robbie Cowling !!!
Nice fry up before on time departure
Arrived at ground bathed in stunning sunshine. Queued and paid £5 to watch a match for first time in 28 years living in Guernsey. Made my way to raised area on halfway line opposite main stand. Great build up music system hundred times better than Weston homes !!!!
Nervy start but Guernsey soon got into the game and had many chances but it looked like it wasn't going to happen. Roarey the lion did his best to raise a quite crowd but at halftime 0-0. I didn't partake but the burgers looked good.

Guernsey came out pumped up and soon scrambled the lead. After the goal they nearly went to sleep and Farnham played siege hitting the bar with a stinging free kick. However the storm was weathered and a second goal was scored but amazingly the officials said the ball hadn't crossed the line. Local tv shows it certainly was a goal. Following this the game became a little feisty . The forth official showed four mins extra time and the faithful started to celebrate, myself having watched Colchester for so long remained silent. Final minute ball to edge of guernsey box powerdriver towards goal blocked by gsy defender second shot blocked then a third Damn near broke the post, then that was it the whistle went and the crowd of over 1700 went wild.

Confirmed likely to play in Ryman league South next year.

Let's tell Joe to come here for friendly (they had a game against Exeter last pre season)

I will sort out a thread for next year

Have a great summer one and all

One I return will be a shackled married man again ( cant wait)

Guerno
Guernsey Update (n/t) on 18:44 - May 7 with 919 viewswessex_exile

Guernsey Update (n/t) on 17:30 - May 7 by Madeira163

Mon 6th May
Arrived at ground bathed in stunning sunshine. Queued and paid £5 to watch a match for first time in 28 years living in Guernsey. Made my way to raised area on halfway line opposite main stand. Great build up music system hundred times better than Weston homes !!!!
Nervy start but Guernsey soon got into the game and had many chances but it looked like it wasn't going to happen. Roarey the lion did his best to raise a quite crowd but at halftime 0-0. I didn't partake but the burgers looked good.

Guernsey came out pumped up and soon scrambled the lead. After the goal they nearly went to sleep and Farnham played siege hitting the bar with a stinging free kick. However the storm was weathered and a second goal was scored but amazingly the officials said the ball hadn't crossed the line. Local tv shows it certainly was a goal. Following this the game became a little feisty . The forth official showed four mins extra time and the faithful started to celebrate, myself having watched Colchester for so long remained silent. Final minute ball to edge of guernsey box powerdriver towards goal blocked by gsy defender second shot blocked then a third Damn near broke the post, then that was it the whistle went and the crowd of over 1700 went wild.

Let's tell Joe to come here for friendly (they had a game against Exeter last pre season)

Guerno

Cheers Guerno, and very best wishes for the happy occasion - one question, did you wear U's colours for the match, or you saving that for the wedding?

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Guernsey Update (n/t) on 13:01 - May 8 with 911 viewsthrillseeker

Guernsey Update (n/t) on 17:30 - May 7 by Madeira163

Mon 6th May

Guerno

Great stuff

Sorry if I came across as rude and/ or pushy - that wasn't my intention.

Best wishes for the wedding.

Guernsey Update (n/t) on 13:37 - May 8 with 909 viewsburnsieespana

Great thread.
Ryman league will surely see Guernsey playing some Essex sides next year so maybe we can get together for a game and meet up!
Good luck with the wedding.....personally after two fails am perfectly happy living with my lady love and we have done for 18 years!
Be great if JD could organise a friendly or Guernsey reach first round proper of FA Cup and draw Col U!
Guernsey Update (n/t) on 14:20 - May 8 with 906 viewsthrillseeker

Guernsey Update (n/t) on 13:37 - May 8 by burnsieespana

Great thread.
Ryman league will surely see Guernsey playing some Essex sides next year so maybe we can get together for a game and meet up!
Good luck with the wedding.....personally after two fails am perfectly happy living with my lady love and we have done for 18 years!
Be great if JD could organise a friendly or Guernsey reach first round proper of FA Cup and draw Col U!

The Essex based Ryman clubs play in the North or Premier Leagues.

Ryman South is primarily Sussex, Surrey, Kent and a few South/ West London sides
Guernsey Update (n/t) on 21:19 - May 20 with 876 viewsthrillseeker

gsy163 - some great news

Taken from Guernsey FC website

Guernsey FC is delighted to announce that the FA has confirmed the club's promotion from Step 5 to Step 4 in the English Football League Pyramid.

The FA met today to allocate teams and to approve promotions and relegations. As expected, Guernsey FC will be playing in The Ryman's Isthmian League Division One South next season.

The lower leagues 2013/14 as confirmed by the FA for those interested

http://www.thefa.com/News/2013/may/~/media/446074E0FA074FDF8A16B245C30E35C9.ashx
Guernsey Update (n/t) on 22:25 - May 20 with 872 viewsburnsieespana

Thanks for that wealth of information on the lower leagues.......good stuff!!
Guernsey Update (n/t) on 13:59 - Jun 20 with 856 viewsthrillseeker

It would appear the FA do not want to encourage lower level sides to enter their Premier Cup competition

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22984678
Guernsey Update (n/t) on 21:31 - Jun 20 with 836 viewsBarsidepete

Guernsey Update (n/t) on 13:59 - Jun 20 by thrillseeker

It would appear the FA do not want to encourage lower level sides to enter their Premier Cup competition

Interesting article on the beeb site, Thrill. And then I also followed up with a link or two there.

What stands out is that Guernsey already have to subsidize visiting clubs. So this isn't outside of the realm of roadblocks the club already faces. As I understand it would require £10,000 to play one round because of overhead, etc..

Not exactly a Catch-22 in terms of going up again versus staying strong and solvent, or in this case being able to compete for the FA Trophy. But some related term applies and it's not coming to me.

Oh wait, Bureaucratic Red Tape.

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

Guernsey Update (n/t) on 17:09 - Jun 21 with 821 viewsMadeira163

Guernsey Update (n/t) on 13:59 - Jun 20 by thrillseeker

Beat me to it thrillseeker
Costs 6k a game for flights and accommodation to bring a team over. Having to share half gate money although the rules seem a bit harsh , considering if they drew clacton away it would be half of a gate of 50 compared to a home gate of 1000

This is Guernsey website will be first to have decision on Monday.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024