Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another goal for Heidar 20:20 - Nov 6 with 5772 viewsWesty75

With hindsight how many would currently take HH over Zamora?
Another goal for Heidar on 20:23 - Nov 6 with 4640 viewsCHUBBS

ALL DAY LONG!
The biggest cock up made since letting Kaspers go.
Another goal for Heidar on 20:26 - Nov 6 with 4615 viewsdaveB

i'd have him as well as Zamora, perfect back up for Zamora for when he loses form or is injured as he is at the moment
Another goal for Heidar on 20:28 - Nov 6 with 4609 viewspaulparker

dont worry sparky and his mates (sorry coaching staff) know best

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Another goal for Heidar on 20:28 - Nov 6 with 4609 viewschris1969

Agreed Gorkss and Helguson should be in our 25, both internationals better attitude than some of our current squad. Think we would have more points as well.

Warnock and Hughes obviously knew best
Another goal for Heidar on 20:31 - Nov 6 with 4602 viewsWesty75

Another goal for Heidar on 20:26 - Nov 6 by daveB

i'd have him as well as Zamora, perfect back up for Zamora for when he loses form or is injured as he is at the moment

It is looking like a pretty poor decision - particularly given that one of the major reasons for the good results we had early last season was Helguson's effectiveness in leading the line.
Another goal for Heidar on 20:34 - Nov 6 with 4586 viewskropotkin41

What, HH who would die for the team over Bobby "Not Really Very Interested in Football" Zamora?

Well I have quite liked BZ up to now I must say......... but I still think that letting HH go (aswell as KG) was dull.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Another goal for Heidar on 20:35 - Nov 6 with 4576 viewsShackletonR

Trouble with that question is-its all about form and confidence HH was a dog with flees when he first came to us, fifty pence piece head, went out on loan to Watford came back and was outstanding for us, if he didn't get injured last season he might of got 20 odd goals, but because he got injured he never regained that early season form thus being allowed to go.

For me i would have kept him instead of Hogan, who must wonder if he will even get a game this season, another Hughes blunder to go with the preseason and blinkered view on signing a decent centre back.

"Stan work hard, could score goals in the air, and was complete team player. He headed balls off the line, and he had so much skill, balance, finesse and amazing touch. His mobility, that electrifying burst of 30 yards was exciting to watch"...Don Shanks.

Another goal for Heidar on 20:41 - Nov 6 with 4553 viewsSouthend_Rss

Another goal for Heidar on 20:35 - Nov 6 by ShackletonR

Trouble with that question is-its all about form and confidence HH was a dog with flees when he first came to us, fifty pence piece head, went out on loan to Watford came back and was outstanding for us, if he didn't get injured last season he might of got 20 odd goals, but because he got injured he never regained that early season form thus being allowed to go.

For me i would have kept him instead of Hogan, who must wonder if he will even get a game this season, another Hughes blunder to go with the preseason and blinkered view on signing a decent centre back.

Don't worry, Hogan will get his one game a season out the way on FA Cup 3rd round day ;-)
Login to get fewer ads

Another goal for Heidar on 20:44 - Nov 6 with 4542 viewsdaveB

If Gorkss was still us we'd be slating him, he is caught out 2/3 times every game for Reading, not good enough imo not that we've really improved on him though
Another goal for Heidar on 20:52 - Nov 6 with 4518 viewsgigiisourgod

MH was too busy drawing up pathetic little graphs for TF to emphasise how we have a lack of premiership experience to watch HH superb hold up play in training.
Another goal for Heidar on 20:53 - Nov 6 with 4516 viewsHollowayRanger

Another goal for Heidar on 20:44 - Nov 6 by daveB

If Gorkss was still us we'd be slating him, he is caught out 2/3 times every game for Reading, not good enough imo not that we've really improved on him though

would be a better option than ferdiand onough and even hill at centreback

and helgerson and dj campbell should be here too

cisse johnson zamorra good players but all injury prone we needed to keep all 5 to be sure of having 3 fit at all times

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Another goal for Heidar on 20:55 - Nov 6 with 4509 viewsShotKneesHoop

Another goal for Heidar on 20:53 - Nov 6 by HollowayRanger

cisse johnson zamorra good players but all injury prone we needed to keep all 5 to be sure of having 3 fit at all times

Cisse looks like the only one who wants to be here and has some sort of rapprt with the fans.

Mark, he is a goal scorer. Play him from the first minute.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Another goal for Heidar on 20:56 - Nov 6 with 4503 viewsPey

Rather see a guy trying everything and playing with pride for the club then some one with disjointed attitude on the pitch.
I am with you Dave that we haven't really improved.

Letting go of HH major cock up from MH and staff considering we started the 25 squad with only three real strikers one them already out for the season.
Another goal for Heidar on 20:57 - Nov 6 with 4496 viewsdaveB

disagree with you, i think Hill is a better player than gorkss at this level, Ferdinand is very hit and miss but can be better than Gorkss. I've not seen enough of Onoura at centre half to know if he is any good
Another goal for Heidar on 20:57 - Nov 6 with 4496 viewschris1969

Problem at the time was we kept Fitz Hall over Gorkss and then signed Gabbidon.

Madness
Another goal for Heidar on 21:04 - Nov 6 with 4481 viewsdaveB

Another goal for Heidar on 20:57 - Nov 6 by chris1969

Madness

hall and gorkss were both up for sale, no one wanted Hall so we sold Gorkss
Another goal for Heidar on 21:04 - Nov 6 with 4481 viewsLowerloftLad

Even rob hulse has scored in the fizzy pop leauge this season

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Another goal for Heidar on 21:25 - Nov 6 with 4449 viewsCHUBBS

We've let the spine of the team go without adequate replacements.HH would have given us something BZ doesn't,an aerial threat which we lack.
He bullied centre backs and was effective on set pieces in both boxes.
Off subject i still can't believe how many free headers Reading had from set plays,they would have scored 5 if they'd shown any sort of quality.Kaspers was one of the best aerial defenders i've ever seen at Rangers,just what we need right now.Defend the same way at Stoke and we're in for a real hiding.
Ps 4-2 down now
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Another goal for Heidar on 21:29 - Nov 6 with 4438 viewsLowerloftLad

5-2 now

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Another goal for Heidar on 07:57 - Nov 7 with 4292 viewsAGEREPC01

Another goal for Heidar on 20:57 - Nov 6 by chris1969

Madness

Agreed.
- QPR main problem is aerial vulnerability. Gorkks was brought IN to solve that ...and did. And then was disgarded. Granted it was assumed Gabby's experience would be a factor but it was not. Result...big mistake. One yr later we are still vulnerable to aerial assaults into the box. Thank goodness we have Julio who reduces that threat. But he cant claim every lofted ball.

-Ditto on the offensive end. HH was an asset even through the warm up fixtures! Then we bring in AJ. Looks really bad now that you think HH's injury record would be a negative but AJ barely lasts 3 games. HH's head could have factored for us, even as a sub, with his ability to disrupt the box and give the midfielders oppurtunities.

Fernandes says there may be 1 or 2 additions in jan (fast approaching) lets hope a stronger defensive option (replacing Onuha) and another Striker (replacing AJ/SWP) can come in.

Here's another good article out there this week: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1397887-queens-park-rangers-5-signs-qpr-are-s

It has some good stats. The article also talks about Ali. I agree that Ali MUST play. But I think Hughes is purposefully resting/nursing him. the sooner he AND Samba play together the better we will be.

Idea: I think Granero AND Taarbs should share the responsibility for taking free kicks.

stainrod81

Another goal for Heidar on 08:27 - Nov 7 with 4275 viewshoops_legend

Another goal for Heidar on 07:57 - Nov 7 by AGEREPC01

Agreed.
- QPR main problem is aerial vulnerability. Gorkks was brought IN to solve that ...and did. And then was disgarded. Granted it was assumed Gabby's experience would be a factor but it was not. Result...big mistake. One yr later we are still vulnerable to aerial assaults into the box. Thank goodness we have Julio who reduces that threat. But he cant claim every lofted ball.

-Ditto on the offensive end. HH was an asset even through the warm up fixtures! Then we bring in AJ. Looks really bad now that you think HH's injury record would be a negative but AJ barely lasts 3 games. HH's head could have factored for us, even as a sub, with his ability to disrupt the box and give the midfielders oppurtunities.

Fernandes says there may be 1 or 2 additions in jan (fast approaching) lets hope a stronger defensive option (replacing Onuha) and another Striker (replacing AJ/SWP) can come in.

Here's another good article out there this week: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1397887-queens-park-rangers-5-signs-qpr-are-s

It has some good stats. The article also talks about Ali. I agree that Ali MUST play. But I think Hughes is purposefully resting/nursing him. the sooner he AND Samba play together the better we will be.

Idea: I think Granero AND Taarbs should share the responsibility for taking free kicks.

The sad thing is.. This decision doesn't even require hindsight! We knew what HH was about and he has always been amongst the goals!! The way he was treated was shocking as he got a significant proportion of our goals in first half of season getting us points that kept us up. Then we shipped him out..

He was our grant holt but without being a twunt and also showing real passion for qpr!!

Gorkks is one of those players everyone thought would not make the cut in the premiership... Yes he is a decent player and scores the odd goal but if he was still playing for us and making the odd mistake as he usually is, our fans would still be getting on his back...

Grass is always greener
Another goal for Heidar on 18:44 - Nov 7 with 4135 viewsHunterhoop

Another goal for Heidar on 08:27 - Nov 7 by hoops_legend

The sad thing is.. This decision doesn't even require hindsight! We knew what HH was about and he has always been amongst the goals!! The way he was treated was shocking as he got a significant proportion of our goals in first half of season getting us points that kept us up. Then we shipped him out..

He was our grant holt but without being a twunt and also showing real passion for qpr!!

Gorkks is one of those players everyone thought would not make the cut in the premiership... Yes he is a decent player and scores the odd goal but if he was still playing for us and making the odd mistake as he usually is, our fans would still be getting on his back...

Grass is always greener

HH was a superb leader of the line. Never stopped running, won countless headers, got goals (9 in 18 last season) and unsettled defenders.

Compare this to Zamora's performances in the last 3-4 games. He couldn't look like he cared less if he came on and let the defender win every header against him....oh, wait.

Not only should we have not let HH go, if Hughes persists with this stupid 4-4-2 system, he should be starting.
Another goal for Heidar on 11:40 - Nov 8 with 4047 viewsderbyhoop

Bolton let HH go when they were a PL club. And that was 4 years ago. He came to us on loan at first then on a free transfer. During his time with us we sent him on loan to Watford for half a season, because he wasn't doing much for us. Last season, he was injured for the last 3-4 months. He's also 34 and, even with hindsight, it's hard to imagine him being ahead of BZ, AJ or Cisse.
Presumably, HH wanted to play regularly, so the transfer back to Championship level may have been initiated by the man himself.

With AJ injured, it looks like a mistake now. But take the rosy tinted spectacles off and the move is understandable.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Another goal for Heidar on 11:45 - Nov 8 with 4043 viewskingsburyR

I'd play Helguson at centre back before Ferdinand.

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Another goal for Heidar on 15:26 - Nov 8 with 3966 viewsQPunkR

Another goal for Heidar on 11:40 - Nov 8 by derbyhoop

Bolton let HH go when they were a PL club. And that was 4 years ago. He came to us on loan at first then on a free transfer. During his time with us we sent him on loan to Watford for half a season, because he wasn't doing much for us. Last season, he was injured for the last 3-4 months. He's also 34 and, even with hindsight, it's hard to imagine him being ahead of BZ, AJ or Cisse.
Presumably, HH wanted to play regularly, so the transfer back to Championship level may have been initiated by the man himself.

With AJ injured, it looks like a mistake now. But take the rosy tinted spectacles off and the move is understandable.

No, I disagree. Before the Djib joined, Heidar was our most effective striker last season by far. He could hold the ball up, bring others into play, WIN headers and score goals.
It's not rose-tinted specs, Heidar just suited the way we played superbly. He showed that a true pro doesn't just count on pace (which he has none of!) and could conceivably keep playing for another couple of years.

If only we'd got rid of Betty Bothroyd instead...

QPR - "shit but local"

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024