Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stick or Twist? Yes or No? 17:07 - Jan 28 with 3846 viewsPhilmyRs

With only a few days left of the transfer window, it's time to say what camp you're in. Spend and go for it? or keep the purse strings tight and accept the likely outcome? There's a lot of comments on different threads about Harry taking responsibility for players performances, that he should train them rather than buy more blood. I'm interested what the general consensus is on the board.

Only time will tell who will be right but I always prefer the ‘I told you so’ brigade to speak now or forever hold their peace. Me, I’d say Harry was brought in to do a job, let him do it, roll that dice and let him keep us up. This doesn't mean an endless supply of money for Harry to play with but he should be able to bring in 3 or 4 of his choice of players. Not simply rely on the Anton Ferdinand's of this world.

Stick or Twist? Yes or No? on 17:12 - Jan 28 with 3831 viewsTheBlob

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Stick or Twist? Yes or No? on 17:12 - Jan 28 with 3829 viewsbosh67

I see from one of the other sites that we are after Charlie Morgan from Swansea City, as he's shown he can hang on to a ball for more than five seconds.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Stick or Twist? Yes or No? on 17:19 - Jan 28 with 3813 viewsadhoc_qpr

We need some reinforcement but also need to work with what we have.

We need a replacement for Nelsen at centre back and we could do with another striker (especially if Remy is injury prone).

We shouldn't need to break the bank to get them though in terms of fees or wages. Loan with a view to a permanent move in the summer would be ideal although tricky to pull off in reality.

However, we also need to work with what we have - we shouldn't be writing off Hoillett, Granero or Diakite yet despite their (many) flaws. They have talent just need to coax some performances out of them!

The value of coaching can't be underestimated, for example watching Wayne Routledge for Swansea after 2 years of quality coaching shows the impact it can have. He looks a world beater at times!
Stick or Twist? Yes or No? on 17:25 - Jan 28 with 3802 viewsCornish_oooRRRR

"Spend and go for it? or keep the purse strings tight and accept the likely outcome?"

Haven't we learnt that chucking money doesn't work

We need to replace Nelsen. Apart from that we should go for it with what we've got which so far under Harry gives us a fighting chance.

It's got to be Yarg

Stick or Twist? Yes or No? on 17:25 - Jan 28 with 3799 viewsPhilmyRs

Stick or Twist? Yes or No? on 17:19 - Jan 28 by adhoc_qpr

We need some reinforcement but also need to work with what we have.

We need a replacement for Nelsen at centre back and we could do with another striker (especially if Remy is injury prone).

We shouldn't need to break the bank to get them though in terms of fees or wages. Loan with a view to a permanent move in the summer would be ideal although tricky to pull off in reality.

However, we also need to work with what we have - we shouldn't be writing off Hoillett, Granero or Diakite yet despite their (many) flaws. They have talent just need to coax some performances out of them!

The value of coaching can't be underestimated, for example watching Wayne Routledge for Swansea after 2 years of quality coaching shows the impact it can have. He looks a world beater at times!

I agree with a lot of that. But I still think new players - a minimum of 3 - will need to arrive before the window shuts.

Shocked a lot of people have written Granero and Hoillett off this early btw.
Stick or Twist? Yes or No? on 17:38 - Jan 28 with 3774 viewsdaveB

bit of both, sign a centre half who can defend and can run

Get a wide player in with a bit of pace who can also play up front and if we can get a top class holding midfield player that redknapp seems to want then get him as well, Other than that stick with what we've got and that might be enough.

Any more than that and we need to sell a few
Stick or Twist? Yes or No? on 17:51 - Jan 28 with 3756 viewsElHoop

We can't stick with what we've got as quite a few are going, retiring or have already gone off on loan or have long term injuries. So we need new players whether you like it or not. We don't have any youth players to bring in like most other clubs. Two decent and relatively young centre backs is what we need the most. A box to box type midfielder - Livermore would be fine on loan. Maybe a punt on a relatively cheap striker with some pace and promise. A spare target man too maybe. If we get what we need then why is that a problem? We won't get them all anyway.
Stick or Twist? Yes or No? on 17:58 - Jan 28 with 3740 viewsscot1963

I think an experienced defender, a la Nelson, is necessary rather than a younger less experienced one - for example, with the old timers on their way out the door at Man U the less experienced defence is leaking more goals than usual. Don't ask me who as I'm still half hoping for Samba to walk through the door. I think we need two or three signings and I think Redknapp would get it right where Hughes got it so wrong. Having said that I think that even then it may be too late for a turn around as Hughes should have been dumped a whole lot sooner than he was
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Login to get fewer ads

Stick or Twist? Yes or No? on 18:22 - Jan 28 with 3682 viewsTHEBUSH

Stick or Twist? Yes or No? on 17:38 - Jan 28 by daveB

bit of both, sign a centre half who can defend and can run

Get a wide player in with a bit of pace who can also play up front and if we can get a top class holding midfield player that redknapp seems to want then get him as well, Other than that stick with what we've got and that might be enough.

Any more than that and we need to sell a few

Yep, agree with all of that, hopefully we can also get shot of some not required anymore.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024