Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Worst ever QPR XI 13:29 - Nov 15 with 16204 viewsderbyhoop

We've had previous threads on the best XI but, prompted by a Facebook discussion about the worst player, how about the worst team. I suggest we do not go back into the 1950s and 1960s. Those who were there then (incl me) probably can't remeber as well as they think.
Your starter for ten
Bankole; John Curtis, Bob Malcolm, Gus Caesar, Ugo Ukah; Keith Rowlands, Ned Zelic, Alex Bonnot, Nick Ward; Brett Angell, Dominic Iorfa

Subs could include Tony Roberts, Christer Warren, Sammy Koejoe

The subs would actually make the team (slightly) better.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Worst ever QPR XI on 00:42 - Nov 17 with 2200 viewsHollowayRanger

well worth a read

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dominic_Iorfa

(he certainly earned the affection of many of the Rangers fans)

who!

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Worst ever QPR XI on 01:31 - Nov 17 with 2189 viewsRS44

Great natural ability? He was playing in League 1! It's hardly a league you can judge someone's natural ability in.

And as for the Injurys I never rated them before their injuries to be honest, hence why I posted their names up. I'm not naming them based on after the Injurys. It's just my opinion that I thought they were all over rated. Others will disagree. I disagreed with the guy who suggested Clive Wilson. A pro who had played top level football for donkeys, not some cloggers who represented us in the same league as Brentford.
Worst ever QPR XI on 03:06 - Nov 17 with 2185 viewsRangersAreBack

Difficult to pin down to a mere 11 there's been so many donkeys.

Ademola Bankole
Christer Warren, John Curtis, Keith Rowlands, Christopher Plummer
Tony Scully, Paul Bruce, Ugo Ukah, Stefan Moore
Steve Slade, Shabazz Baidoo

Subs:
Lee Harper, Tim Breaker, Warren Barton, Karl Ready, Gus Caesar, Stefan Bailey, Dean Sturridge, Dominic Iorfa, Brett Angell
Worst ever QPR XI on 09:30 - Nov 17 with 2164 viewsloftboy

Nick Ward was shite as well

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Worst ever QPR XI on 10:14 - Nov 17 with 2152 viewshoops_legend

Worst ever QPR XI on 13:30 - Nov 16 by RS44

Clive Wilson? Seriously? He was one of the best left backs that's ever played for us.

So many others you could choose from.

Roberts, Culkin, Sabin.... The list goes on. You can always see how poor a player is when he leaves us and goes on to play for.... Well, no body.

Our team of the late 90s early 00s was notorious for this.

a couple of players I always thought were pony yet others will disagree were Richard Langley. I never saw anything in him at all. Just an average player. Left us and went on to do nothing. Paul Murray was another one. Even before his injury, was too light weight. Easily pushed off the ball, couldn't pass if it was longer that 20ft away. Again left us and done absolutely nothing. Lee Cook too, totally overrated just because he was a fan. A couple of good months when on loan but for a fair few seasons he was a pretty poor player.

Cook, Murray and Langley are the worst shouts ever...

All it takes is for you to o through the archives and see the impact hey had on qpr. You are just being controversial for controversials sake... Load of cobblers...

Poll: Would you rather win league cup or survive?

Worst ever QPR XI on 11:08 - Nov 17 with 2136 viewspaulparker

Having spent 3 decades supporting the Rs I have seen some cack
For every wegerle you have a Brett angell
Anyway I'm going for 3 teams that I have witnessed since
I started going
1980's
Johns,Chivers,ceaser, Oneill, sammy lee,Fillery,Robbie James,
Coney,Alan Brazil,Colin Clarke,
1990's
Bankole, Keith rowland,Ready,Morrow,warren,Kulscar,
Jones,slade, Hateley,iorfa
2000's
Rossi,Rehman,Malcolm,curtis,Ukueh,Park,Bruce,Boswanker,
Brett Angell,bob Taylor,willock,

Probably missed a load, but in my time thus is some of the cack
I have had the displeasure of watching

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Worst ever QPR XI on 17:29 - Nov 17 with 2088 viewsRS44

Not at all.

This is a thread of our worst players to have played for this club.

I've watched us for donkeys mate, and seen some top players. Players that have represented their country's. played at world cups. Won UCLs. I've been lucky enough to see some smashing players representing us over the years, but I'm sorry, 3 players who played for us in the 3rd tier of our domestic league system do not demonstrate to me, that they were good players. They were over rated and done nothing after leaving us, and that proves my point.

If these guys had been playing at Brentford and we had seen them play a few games against us, would we be saying they were good players??? Would we fark. Too many rose tinted specks round here.

Average players. Nothing more.
Worst ever QPR XI on 19:31 - Nov 17 with 2060 viewsbatmanhoop

kulsar, santos, ceasar, morrow, all around the same time, no wonder we were utter shite
Login to get fewer ads

Worst ever QPR XI on 04:04 - Nov 18 with 2031 viewsqprno1fan

Worst ever QPR XI on 19:31 - Nov 17 by batmanhoop

kulsar, santos, ceasar, morrow, all around the same time, no wonder we were utter shite

GK Simon Royce
RB Mark Graham
LB Christer Warren
CB Karl Ready
CB Zesh Rehman
RM Tony Scully
CM George Kulscar
CM Keith Rowland
LM Paul Bruce
ST Samual De Carmine
ST Allesandro Pelicori

Subs Doudou Dowie Meaker
Worst ever QPR XI on 08:28 - Nov 18 with 2010 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Worst ever QPR XI on 17:29 - Nov 17 by RS44

Not at all.

I've watched us for donkeys mate, and seen some top players. Players that have represented their country's. played at world cups. Won UCLs. I've been lucky enough to see some smashing players representing us over the years, but I'm sorry, 3 players who played for us in the 3rd tier of our domestic league system do not demonstrate to me, that they were good players. They were over rated and done nothing after leaving us, and that proves my point.

If these guys had been playing at Brentford and we had seen them play a few games against us, would we be saying they were good players??? Would we fark. Too many rose tinted specks round here.

I agree. Rodney Marsh was another one. Tore up the third tier, did nothing in the top tier, went downhill after he left us.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Worst ever QPR XI on 11:52 - Nov 18 with 1967 viewsPommyhoop

Worst ever QPR XI on 08:28 - Nov 18 by BrianMcCarthy

I agree. Rodney Marsh was another one. Tore up the third tier, did nothing in the top tier, went downhill after he left us.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Worst ever QPR XI on 11:52 - Nov 18 with 1965 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Worst ever QPR XI on 11:52 - Nov 18 by Pommyhoop

Irony, Pom. I was going for the irony.

Worst ever QPR XI on 11:55 - Nov 18 with 1960 viewsPommyhoop

Worst ever QPR XI on 11:52 - Nov 18 by BrianMcCarthy

Irony, Pom. I was going for the irony.

Ah

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Worst ever QPR XI on 12:03 - Nov 18 with 1952 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Worst ever QPR XI on 11:55 - Nov 18 by Pommyhoop

Ah

Nice knee, Pom!

Worst ever QPR XI on 12:22 - Nov 18 with 1943 viewsrongould

Most of you on here are too young to have seen Vic Mobley
He would be on my list as one of the worst footballers I have seen at any level in all my years of watching football
His stats look good but he was big and clumsy which is why he was always getting injured.
£55,000 was a very big fee for us in those days.
Worst ever QPR XI on 13:13 - Nov 18 with 1924 viewsTheBlob

Worst ever QPR XI on 12:22 - Nov 18 by rongould

He would be on my list as one of the worst footballers I have seen at any level in all my years of watching football
His stats look good but he was big and clumsy which is why he was always getting injured.

Yes I remember Vic Immobley.I'll see you and raise Dave Needham.

What about Richard Ord?No games for a million sovs.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Worst ever QPR XI on 13:25 - Nov 18 with 1916 viewsW7Ranger

Worst ever QPR XI on 17:29 - Nov 17 by RS44

Not at all.

Pretty sure all 3 players you mention played for us in the 2nd tier of our domestic league too. And one of those players was signed by a Prem team.
Worst ever QPR XI on 13:28 - Nov 18 with 1916 viewsW7Ranger

Worst ever QPR XI on 14:15 - Nov 16 by MrSheen

Langley and Cook are terrible calls. Both were ruined by injury, but were excellent before. Langley had about the best technique I've seen from one of our players, he struck the ball so cleanly. Was it Chesterfield where he took the corner, it was headed back out to him, and he hit a curving half volley into the opposite top corner? As for Cook, I don't think I've ever seen a full back as humiliated as Palace's Danny Butterfield against him.

That was against Blackpool. He took a corner from the Loft end/ellerslie rd, it was cleared out to the corner of the box, where he ran on to it and volleyed it straight back over the keeper into the top left hand corner.

He loved playing against Blackpool. Scored about 6/7 goals against them, including a hat-trick up at Bloomfield Rd.
Worst ever QPR XI on 14:22 - Nov 18 with 1891 viewsRS44

Comparing my answer to Marsh. Dear god. Look at what Rodney achieved in football compared to these 3. You can't even try to use Rodney as an example.

Look, it these guys had of played for any other team you'd all have the same view as me, but people seem to have rose tinted glasses in with them. I'm entitled to my opinion. I think they were average at best.
Worst ever QPR XI on 14:28 - Nov 18 with 1884 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Worst ever QPR XI on 14:22 - Nov 18 by RS44

Comparing my answer to Marsh. Dear god. Look at what Rodney achieved in football compared to these 3. You can't even try to use Rodney as an example.

Look, it these guys had of played for any other team you'd all have the same view as me, but people seem to have rose tinted glasses in with them. I'm entitled to my opinion. I think they were average at best.

I think you have a point about rose-tinted glasses, RS44, but they were good players even if they weren't great and they don't belong anywhere near a conversation about the worst eleven. In any year that those lads played, we had eleven players worse than them, let alone in our entire history.

Worst ever QPR XI on 16:11 - Nov 18 with 1864 viewsShotKneesHoop

Worst ever QPR XI on 12:22 - Nov 18 by rongould

Have to agree, I think Mobley was like Zelic, played only twice and then retired with a bad knee.

My dad called him Vic Wobbly - he had worse knees than me. Vic - not my dad.

How many games did he rack up?

By the way - how come R'SWiPe isn't on everyone's krap X1? list If anyone's taken the proverbial Garibaldi - SWP has.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Worst ever QPR XI on 18:18 - Nov 18 with 1833 viewsterryb

100% ron.

IMO the worst player to have ever worn the hoops as I stated in my selection.

I don't like to disagree with Mr. Bill Shankly but his pronouncement that"now we've got Vic Mobley we're gonna win the league" was a little bit wide of the mark. HE COST US PROMOTION.

Give me Bob Malcolm any day insead of him!
Worst ever QPR XI on 13:18 - Nov 19 with 1782 viewsR_from_afar

Worst ever QPR XI on 22:31 - Nov 16 by loftboy

Just thought of another. Serge Branco

Ah the memories. Another one from Ollie's "versatile as an egg" phase. Just checked him out on Wikipedia, he has been to more countries than Alan Whicker!

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Worst ever QPR XI on 13:22 - Nov 19 with 1776 viewsTheBlob

Does The Pelican not get a look - in then?

Worst ever QPR XI on 13:27 - Nov 19 with 1773 viewsTheBlob

Worst ever QPR XI on 13:22 - Nov 19 by TheBlob

Does The Pelican not get a look - in then?

Sorry,didn't see that on account of being blinded by tears of laughter.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024