Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Weather / performance 17:47 - Jan 1 with 3096 viewsCharlie1

I don't think some of our fancy dan premiership players fancied it today.

Yossi B was awful. Niko K looks bored and doesn't want to play at this level.

The first half was tough to stomach. Second was a lot better but still lack pace, final third movement and keep coming inside. Still, mental at the end.

Got out of jail today. Which was nice as it was fcking miserable weather!

2:59 baby!

Weather / performance on 18:01 - Jan 1 with 3043 viewsstuabd

I agree Charlie. I actually think a few of our players think they are better than they are and the way they coasted around in the first half was asking for trouble.

I didn't like the showboating against Boro and there is an arrogance about the way we play sometimes. It's ridiculous really as we're not that good.

The other thing is that it gets the opposition psyched up when they see us messing around with sideward passes and low percentage flicks.

We need 11 hungry players on the pitch that know where they are and want to work quickly to get defenders on the back foot.

If you look at Austin, you have a player who gives his all and wants to win. I don't see him showboating around.
Weather / performance on 18:16 - Jan 1 with 3000 viewsbaz_qpr

Not so sure about that, oneil and Barton had a mare first half oneil was certainly trying think joeys mind was on the goodison trip because it was his worst 45 for us this season. The Hoilett injury seemed to throw us and we were unbalanced and still defending too deep. 2nd half we played a high line got the full backs forward and oneil and Barton were able to control the game
Weather / performance on 18:25 - Jan 1 with 2956 viewsTacticalR

I think the reality is more mundane. We are not *that* much better than other teams in the division. We've seen that right from the beginning of the season. Donny weren't bad and Macheda played well.

Air hostess clique

Weather / performance on 18:31 - Jan 1 with 2919 viewsCHUBBS

Weather / performance on 18:16 - Jan 1 by baz_qpr

Not so sure about that, oneil and Barton had a mare first half oneil was certainly trying think joeys mind was on the goodison trip because it was his worst 45 for us this season. The Hoilett injury seemed to throw us and we were unbalanced and still defending too deep. 2nd half we played a high line got the full backs forward and oneil and Barton were able to control the game

Yeah they were both very poor 1st but O'neil looked a completely different player after the break and played his best football since his arrival.
Still we really lack pace when you play the midfield we started with making defending very easy for the opposition.
Weather / performance on 18:33 - Jan 1 with 2902 viewskysersosaqpr

I felt some of the players were taking on the same attitude as the money grabbers last year. Some Didn't have their heart in it - we need triers not posers.

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Weather / performance on 19:11 - Jan 1 with 2813 viewsstansleftfoot

I think there are any number of sides in this division who can and will beat us if we allow them.
I'm frankly baffled by the lack of goals or even assists to create chances for goal scoring opportunities.
Many of us on here will have played football at some level or other, I've never seen a team play to win games the way QPR do, well, i'm not sure it's possible.
It should be remembered that with the skill levels these guys have , that they play like they did by choice, so what the fxck is going on.
It may have been wet but that new pitch looked outstanding throughout and the weather is the same for all 22 players.
They look like they believe they have the right to win all their games, it only occurs to them when they go 1 nil down and Harry rucks them and then it takes another half an hour to get up to speed or not.
As an away team at the level I played at if you could keep a clean sheet until 30 minutes and get one goal on the board in the next 15 minutes you'd have a good chance of winning the game at 90 minutes. There's key times to increase your grip on the game, you have to impose your will to create your luck, get closer, tackle harder, close space, make runs, increase the pace...the QPR way of pass and never move off the ball is no strategy to win Football games whatever the weather, and at any level....there's teams in the First Division and below who would enjoy playing QPR during the first half today...You have to earn the right to play, it doesn't come just because you earn £50 k a week and drive AMG mercedes...smells of arrogance....
Weather / performance on 19:13 - Jan 1 with 2800 viewsbosh67

I thought Doncaster were excellent for most of the game but it was much easier to play towards the Loft, given the weather, which was horrible. What a great header that was. That's the way it goes. Doncaster were generally better than us and we won. Against Leicester we were the better team and we lost. Fair play to Donny, they came to play football, but they did get punished for wasting time second half.

O'Neil ran us for the second half. Very Rowlands style performance. He was everywhere.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Weather / performance on 19:15 - Jan 1 with 2782 viewsbaz_qpr

I think it might come across like that because our defensive tactics certainly first half was to stand off and let them play in their own half, second half we pushed up and pressed them in their own half.

I thought only Barton was not really giving 100% first half and I think that was more about the forthcoming Everton, we were just playing really poorly and were unbalanced
Login to get fewer ads

Weather / performance on 19:34 - Jan 1 with 2717 viewsQPR_John

"I don't think some of our fancy dan premiership players fancied it today. "

It's amazing how all the premiership games are played in perfect weather
[Post edited 1 Jan 2014 19:35]
Weather / performance on 19:43 - Jan 1 with 2680 viewsBlackCrowe

An injury time winner was in a way poetic justice for Donny's timewasting throughout the second half. Had they not done it, there would've only been a minute or two injury time and they would most probably have got the point.

Contrary to posts above I thought Barton was the one performing player in the first half and was a bit quieter in the second. But then I've beem sporting an armageddon of hangover all day so judegement is questionable.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Weather / performance on 19:43 - Jan 1 with 2679 viewskensalriser

Re Krancjar, I've seen nothing to suggest that he should be playing at a higher level. And even with all his documented failings, I would have Taarabt in his place in a heartbeat.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Weather / performance on 19:50 - Jan 1 with 2648 viewsHollowayRanger

bottom line is

a ex premiership player on a premiership wage and contract has very little to prove or worry about

a championship player is hungry and has ambition to make the premiership and improve his living

the team redknapp started with was a joke same old 5 passing it in midfield while recently injured aaustin ran himself into the ground again.......crazy! i saw many players arguing with each other that first half barton v green simpson v everyone near him to bennyon and kranjar

doncaster were allowed to settle see we werent much of a threat and then take game to us,hollitt starting yet again and breaking down yet again ,phillips is so much better ,he's fit strong fast has a shot has some tricks and showed again today how much better he is

and johnson alongside austin made a massive difference took load of austins back and gave dons defence two bodies to worry about, we put in far more crosses and finally look a team again

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Weather / performance on 20:00 - Jan 1 with 2603 viewsAntti_Heinola

Weather / performance on 19:50 - Jan 1 by HollowayRanger

bottom line is

a ex premiership player on a premiership wage and contract has very little to prove or worry about

a championship player is hungry and has ambition to make the premiership and improve his living

the team redknapp started with was a joke same old 5 passing it in midfield while recently injured aaustin ran himself into the ground again.......crazy! i saw many players arguing with each other that first half barton v green simpson v everyone near him to bennyon and kranjar

doncaster were allowed to settle see we werent much of a threat and then take game to us,hollitt starting yet again and breaking down yet again ,phillips is so much better ,he's fit strong fast has a shot has some tricks and showed again today how much better he is

and johnson alongside austin made a massive difference took load of austins back and gave dons defence two bodies to worry about, we put in far more crosses and finally look a team again

Usual sweeping generalisations and platitudes that mean very little. Loads of 'premiership' players have excelled at this level. It's about attitude, not at what level you generally play at.

For me, Krancjar is not good enough - and he wouldn't be good enough in the Prem either I'm afraid. He can't run, he's ponderous on the ball, he doesn't track back, he's too slow to release the ball and his shooting is pretty ordinary. But he does a lovely cross-field ball that always gets a clap, even if it's achieved very little.

Thought we were much better 2nd half thanks to ex-prem players on prem wages Barton and O'Neil and AJ, but Phillips was very good too. And actually Charlie didn't have a great day - but he had superb attitude and deserved his excellent goal.

Bare bones.

Weather / performance on 20:04 - Jan 1 with 2592 viewsloftboy

Weather / performance on 19:50 - Jan 1 by HollowayRanger

bottom line is

Before he went off Hoillett looked like he was really up for it.shame his hamstring is made of cheese.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Weather / performance on 07:41 - Jan 2 with 2386 viewsCharlie1

Weather / performance on 19:43 - Jan 1 by kensalriser

Re Krancjar, I've seen nothing to suggest that he should be playing at a higher level. And even with all his documented failings, I would have Taarabt in his place in a heartbeat.

Yep

I'm not sure what he gives the team.

2:59 baby!

Weather / performance on 08:12 - Jan 2 with 2354 viewsRanger78

Weather / performance on 18:01 - Jan 1 by stuabd

I agree Charlie. I actually think a few of our players think they are better than they are and the way they coasted around in the first half was asking for trouble.

I didn't like the showboating against Boro and there is an arrogance about the way we play sometimes. It's ridiculous really as we're not that good.

The other thing is that it gets the opposition psyched up when they see us messing around with sideward passes and low percentage flicks.

We need 11 hungry players on the pitch that know where they are and want to work quickly to get defenders on the back foot.

If you look at Austin, you have a player who gives his all and wants to win. I don't see him showboating around.

Spot on
Weather / performance on 08:24 - Jan 2 with 2335 viewsjonno

Benayoun was as lightweight as Carroll and Ephraim. At our level you can't afford to be as weak as that, you will be bullied out of the game, which Benayoun was. As for Kranjcar - he's currently nowhere near fit enough to play at our level. He's clearly overweight and far too slow off the mark. They need to get the weight off him and get him fit before he's considered for a first team position. Again, you wonder exactly what the coaching staff are doing?
There's a reason why Premiership players don't want to play in a division lower - and it's nothing to do with the "quality of the football". It's because the majority of them know they aren't actually that much better than the players in the division below, but they will be expected to stand out in games as a superior player and that won't happen. That then leaves them looking like an average Championship player as opposed to a Premiership one - and with eventually wages to match.
Weather / performance on 08:57 - Jan 2 with 2296 viewsdoogi55

Weather / performance on 08:24 - Jan 2 by jonno

Benayoun was as lightweight as Carroll and Ephraim. At our level you can't afford to be as weak as that, you will be bullied out of the game, which Benayoun was. As for Kranjcar - he's currently nowhere near fit enough to play at our level. He's clearly overweight and far too slow off the mark. They need to get the weight off him and get him fit before he's considered for a first team position. Again, you wonder exactly what the coaching staff are doing?
There's a reason why Premiership players don't want to play in a division lower - and it's nothing to do with the "quality of the football". It's because the majority of them know they aren't actually that much better than the players in the division below, but they will be expected to stand out in games as a superior player and that won't happen. That then leaves them looking like an average Championship player as opposed to a Premiership one - and with eventually wages to match.

also they took a free kick at the in injury time and just took it instead of taking it to the corner flag payback is a bitch
Weather / performance on 09:56 - Jan 2 with 2234 viewssexton

The Niko weight thing is interesting. Adel was clearly overweight as well, so yes what do the coaching staff do?

Adel is a far better player though. I'd take him back in a heartbeat.
Weather / performance on 09:56 - Jan 2 with 2234 viewsbaz_qpr

I think we forget you get a lot less time on the ball in the championship, particularly if you are seen to be a big fish. I think Niko did fine, Yossi B was very ordinary, I don't think either is particularly suited to this league nor is HRs patient tactics
Weather / performance on 10:47 - Jan 2 with 2189 viewsAntti_Heinola

Weather / performance on 09:56 - Jan 2 by baz_qpr

I think we forget you get a lot less time on the ball in the championship, particularly if you are seen to be a big fish. I think Niko did fine, Yossi B was very ordinary, I don't think either is particularly suited to this league nor is HRs patient tactics

sorry baz, agree with tons of your posts, but this 'you get less time on the ball in the championship' is utter, utter tosh.

Bare bones.

Weather / performance on 10:55 - Jan 2 with 2173 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Weather / performance on 10:47 - Jan 2 by Antti_Heinola

sorry baz, agree with tons of your posts, but this 'you get less time on the ball in the championship' is utter, utter tosh.

True. More games = more minutes.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Weather / performance on 11:13 - Jan 2 with 2160 viewsTrom

Weather / performance on 09:56 - Jan 2 by sexton

The Niko weight thing is interesting. Adel was clearly overweight as well, so yes what do the coaching staff do?

Adel is a far better player though. I'd take him back in a heartbeat.

There respective careers to date don't really back that up.
Weather / performance on 11:17 - Jan 2 with 2148 viewsTrom

Weather / performance on 09:56 - Jan 2 by baz_qpr

I think our problems are two fold:

1. Back line often sits very deep due to a lack of pace. Then we have a gap from midfield to the back four. Seems to make it difficult to move the ball forward and we are vulnerable when opposing teams play the ball into space between the two.

2. We move the ball forward very slowly allowing opposing teams to get back into position. When we break with pace as we did at times in the second half against Donnie we look like a different team.
Weather / performance on 11:32 - Jan 2 with 2129 viewsQPunkR

Weather / performance on 11:13 - Jan 2 by Trom

There respective careers to date don't really back that up.

Who cares about their respective careers to date? We're talking about who would be the better player now, and I really can't see even the most ardent Adel-haters (and there's quite a lot of them still) wanting Kranjcar ahead of him. More pertinently, I don't see WHY they'd prefer him over Tarbs

QPR - "shit but local"

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024