Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Vacant Positions 11:36 - Jun 24 with 551 viewsdavey_ravey_snr

With Cousins heading off to pastures new this got me thinking about the vacant positions we currently have. I think the list is currently

RB
LB
GK - reserve
CB - reserve (as we've no idea if Josh Sick Note will be offered a deal)
ST - reserve

I can see where a couple of youth players could step up. But I'm not yet sure Tosin is the man to be first choice RB and of course we also need backup to the 1st choice LB! I also think Bonne could well be the man to be the back up striker to Jabo.

As the budget has been cut, what do we think? Will JD throw the youngsters into the melting pot or is there enough cash in the coffers to make some senior signings? I know we're 'waiting on players' but this is a line I have head countless times of the seasons. The other thing concerns me is injuries, with all these positions needing injuries it doesn't leave much scope if we're hit like we were last year.

DRS
Vacant Positions on 14:02 - Jun 24 with 537 viewsDaniel

It's scarey how few players we actually have at the moment. Assuming that the remaining out-of-contract players re-sign and the development players that stepped up to the first team are now classed at first team players, then our squad list is:

Bean
Bonne
Eastman
Eastmond
Gilbey
Ibehre
Kent
Massey
Okuonghae
Olufemi
Sears
Szmodics
Thompson (out-of-contract)
Vose
Walker
Watt
Wright, David (out-of-contract)
Wright, Drey

That's 18 players - enough to field eleven and have seven subs.

There are a lot of vacant squad numbers now too...

Vacant Positions on 15:55 - Jun 24 with 530 viewsLeadbelly

Replacing a centre half who is never fit shouldn't be too difficult so Thompson can go but I hope David Wright signs a new contract.

Plenty of players will still be available when pre-season starts so I'm sure JD will be able to fill the gaps.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Vacant Positions on 16:55 - Jun 24 with 527 viewsLeadbelly

www.thepfa.com/transferlist

Worth having a look at who is available. A few well known names, such as Fagan and Cureton as well as some ex PL players.

How's this for a starting XI, admittedly past it's best in several positions, currently out of work?

GK - Mark Schwarzer
LB - Ashley Cole
CB - Rio Ferdinand
CB - Abdoulaye Faye
RB - Luke Young
RM - Wade Elliot
CM - Gareth Barry
CM - Mikele Leigertwood
LM - Simon Lappin
ST - El-Hadji Diouf
ST - Peter Lovenkrands

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Vacant Positions on 22:26 - Jun 24 with 507 viewsbwildered

Both full backs are not good enough at L1 level yet, might need loanee moves to improve . Still need another experienced striker, though . Might be covered at centre half and goalie from within, but with coaching guidance within.

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024