Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
First win in 8 attempts tonight at the Lamex for COL U 17:21 - Jan 26 with 1238 viewsdurham_exile

The sorry record now is seven games without a win after defeat at Morecambe on Saturday. However, it should have been vastly different after a first half full of promise with Harriott and Smith striking the woodwork.

The goal just before half time changed the complexion of the game and by the time we were two goals adrift and chasing the game, Harry Pell had a moment of madness. There was nothing wrong with his initial challenge but his follow up suggestion of a head butt, even though he made no contact with the Shrimper defender, who clearly was RADA trained, allowed the referee to reach for his red card. Result game over and we now lose Pell’s services for the next three games.

That sign of ill discipline underpins the frustration within the team at present. The pressure is on to produce results, but SB never plays the same team twice and this is part of the problem. I cannot believe that training varies that much that it is necessary to constantly change the team format and formation.

Saturday was a case in point. Much has been made of the new signing Aramide Oteh to replace Chuck Norris but then what happens, he gets only a few second half minutes and barely touched the ball.

This evening at 7pm the Lamex Stadium awaits followed by Scunny at Home. Frankly even a team so out of form as Colchester should be looking for six points from thee two games.

Of course, it is the Colchester old boys led by Alex Revell with Ben Coker, Luke Prosser, and Chuck that we face this evening. This has to be a victory if we are to seriously think about the play offs this season (the top three has already long gone). I am furious that we are still talking about a season of consolidation (Cambridge, Newport, Carlisle, and Salford would laugh in your face if they heard that tosh.

The trouble is we wasted a golden chance to swell the coffers by £250K this season after defeat to Marine and seven defeats have dropped us to 15th in the table.
In order to reinforce the point lets have a look at the bottom of the table starting at 15th:

Cambridge 24 42 TOP

Col U 23 30
PV 25 29
Bolton 25 29
Harrogate 23 27
Scunny 24 26
Bradford 22 25
Barrow 23 23
Stevenage 22 21
Grimsby 25 21
Southend 24 20 Bottom

This puts things into context and shows what a wretched season we are having.

So how does SB address this:

First - play a settled team and the best team with a 4,4,2 or 4,3,3 formation.
Secondly - return to a flat back four.
Third - ensure that the midfield contains Stevenson, Chilvers and when back from suspension Pell and give them licence to shoot from distance.
Fourth — stop the nonsense of a single striker this is destroying Brown’s confidence and negating his ability.
Fifth — Keep Senior on the sidelines or loan him to a National League team by 1 Feb 21.
Sixth — If it is true that the team are dancing to Tony Humes tune ( a failed manager) reduce his influence on the squad and starting XI. Better still get rid of the Director of Football post.
Seventh — We brought in Hayden Mullins with a top pedigree but what is he actually doing?
Eighth — Why is Paris Cowan-Hall never given an opportunity to play.
Ninth — Stop playing out from the back and instead get the ball forward quicker.
Ten — Start to play with passion, commitment and demonstrate why we can defeat any team in this league.

Try this starting line-up tonight:

Gerken

Welch-Hayes Eastman Smith Bramall

Chilvers Stevenson Poku

Harriott Oteh Brown

Subs:

George Marshall-Miranda Clampin Folivi Bohui Sowunmi Tovide

The frustration is not just felt amongst the players. The supporters are feeling the pain too. I have watched every game this season (all 23 league matches via iFollow) as many others have done also on this board and it makes for difficult viewing at present.

The weather in Stevenage is wet and 4 degrees Celsius.

The fightback starts tonight. Three points and hopefully three goals.

Up the U’s

[Post edited 26 Jan 2021 17:21]

Durham_exile

First win in 8 attempts tonight at the Lamex for COL U on 17:40 - Jan 26 with 667 viewsLeadbelly

Most teams seem to know how we’ll play and with recent Us old boys Prosser and Norris in opposition tonight you can be damned sure Stevenage will as well. Most worrying is that Norris will have very recent information about how we play and what works to disrupt our plans (that assumes we have plans).

This really is the sort of game we should win as well as being a game we desperately need to win. Will we though?

Fair play to those supporting via iFollow. My Luddite technical skills almost guarantee I’d never be able to watch, even if I were so inclined. Will probably forego the pleasure of radio commentary tonight as Leeds are on the telly and the dogs are keen for an evening walk in the rain after that!

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

First win in 8 attempts tonight at the Lamex for COL U on 17:53 - Jan 26 with 658 viewsRSCOSWORTH

I'd pick a very similar starting XI as you tonight Durham but with Folivi up front instead of Oteh with Brown playing just behind and Harriott being used as more of a midfielder in a 4-4-1-1

We could really do with a win tonight. Mansfield have 15 points from their last five matches, we have two! Can you imagine where we'd be in the table if we won five on the bounce? I reckon we'd be back in the play offs.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

First win in 8 attempts tonight at the Lamex for COL U on 18:12 - Jan 26 with 652 viewsdurham_exile

First win in 8 attempts tonight at the Lamex for COL U on 17:53 - Jan 26 by RSCOSWORTH

I'd pick a very similar starting XI as you tonight Durham but with Folivi up front instead of Oteh with Brown playing just behind and Harriott being used as more of a midfielder in a 4-4-1-1

We could really do with a win tonight. Mansfield have 15 points from their last five matches, we have two! Can you imagine where we'd be in the table if we won five on the bounce? I reckon we'd be back in the play offs.

Sadly SB TH and others aren't listening.

Gerken

Welch-Hayes Eastman Smith Bramall

Stevenson Chilvers

Harriott Senior Poku

Brown

Subs

George Sowunmi Oteh marshall-Miranda Sayer Tchamadeu Folivi

Senior is back a shocking decision

Brown on his own up front

But back to a flat back four

No Tovide no Cowan-Hall no Bohui
Oteh doesn't start again

Up the U's

Durham_exile

First win in 8 attempts tonight at the Lamex for COL U on 18:23 - Jan 26 with 645 viewsmfb_cufc

Harriott, Senior, Poku

This combination has never worked. Three individuals who don't pass, and can't defend. Why can't Humes see this.

mfb

First win in 8 attempts tonight at the Lamex for COL U on 18:36 - Jan 26 with 638 viewsMoor_Pinot

First win in 8 attempts tonight at the Lamex for COL U on 18:23 - Jan 26 by mfb_cufc

Harriott, Senior, Poku

This combination has never worked. Three individuals who don't pass, and can't defend. Why can't Humes see this.

It becomes more and more absurd and I really do try to see what management are attempting, but this selection is again utterly baffling.

Moor Pinot

First win in 8 attempts tonight at the Lamex for COL U on 18:45 - Jan 26 with 628 viewsgerry_us

Senior back in the picture then. Only a hat trick will convince me he is worth his place in the team; maybe even on the bench.
Go on then, prove me wrong.
First win in 8 attempts tonight at the Lamex for COL U on 19:03 - Jan 26 with 615 viewsdurham_exile

First win in 8 attempts tonight at the Lamex for COL U on 18:45 - Jan 26 by gerry_us

Senior back in the picture then. Only a hat trick will convince me he is worth his place in the team; maybe even on the bench.
Go on then, prove me wrong.

Gerry there is as much chance of a senior hattrick as being struck by lightning.

Up the U's

SB out

Durham_exile

First win in 8 attempts tonight at the Lamex for COL U on 19:16 - Jan 26 with 608 viewsdurham_exile

First win in 8 attempts tonight at the Lamex for COL U on 19:03 - Jan 26 by durham_exile

Gerry there is as much chance of a senior hattrick as being struck by lightning.

Up the U's

SB out

Bramall, Harriott, Brown and Poku combining well on the left.

Come on the U's

Durham_exile

Login to get fewer ads

First win in 8 attempts tonight at the Lamex for COL U on 19:30 - Jan 26 with 599 viewsdurham_exile

First win in 8 attempts tonight at the Lamex for COL U on 19:16 - Jan 26 by durham_exile

Bramall, Harriott, Brown and Poku combining well on the left.

Come on the U's

Senior is poor I love it when my prejudices are reinforced.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

First win in 8 attempts tonight at the Lamex for COL U on 19:33 - Jan 26 with 593 viewsdurham_exile

First win in 8 attempts tonight at the Lamex for COL U on 19:30 - Jan 26 by durham_exile

Senior is poor I love it when my prejudices are reinforced.

Up the U's

Scummend have equalised against the Bantams
Morecambe two up at Exeter

Scunny winning against PV

Come on the U's

Durham_exile

First win in 8 attempts tonight at the Lamex for COL U on 19:38 - Jan 26 with 586 viewsnoah4x4

Struggling to understand why I have paid £10 to watch this. Poku, Harriott and Senior just doesn’t work. All too selfish, too lazy, too wasteful.
First win in 8 attempts tonight at the Lamex for COL U on 19:47 - Jan 26 with 574 viewsdurham_exile

First win in 8 attempts tonight at the Lamex for COL U on 19:38 - Jan 26 by noah4x4

Struggling to understand why I have paid £10 to watch this. Poku, Harriott and Senior just doesn’t work. All too selfish, too lazy, too wasteful.

The challenge by Eastman on Chuck was almost worth the admission money.

Come on the U's

Durham_exile

First win in 8 attempts tonight at the Lamex for COL U on 19:49 - Jan 26 with 571 viewsdurham_exile

First win in 8 attempts tonight at the Lamex for COL U on 19:47 - Jan 26 by durham_exile

The challenge by Eastman on Chuck was almost worth the admission money.

Come on the U's

HT 0-0

Durham_exile

First win in 8 attempts tonight at the Lamex for COL U on 19:51 - Jan 26 with 563 viewswessex_exile

Lot of energy, lot of movement, lot of intent, just not enough execution at the moment - did enjoy Tom taking Chuck out though...they'll probably have a laugh about that after the match.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

First win in 8 attempts tonight at the Lamex for COL U on 19:53 - Jan 26 with 566 viewsdurham_exile

First win in 8 attempts tonight at the Lamex for COL U on 19:49 - Jan 26 by durham_exile

HT 0-0

SB must give Jevani some support either Folivi or Oteh.

Sacrifice Senior. No really Sacrifice him!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

First win in 8 attempts tonight at the Lamex for COL U on 20:10 - Jan 26 with 550 viewsdurham_exile

First win in 8 attempts tonight at the Lamex for COL U on 19:53 - Jan 26 by durham_exile

SB must give Jevani some support either Folivi or Oteh.

Sacrifice Senior. No really Sacrifice him!

Up the U's

Early pressure but no end product

Come on

Durham_exile

First win in 8 attempts tonight at the Lamex for COL U on 20:15 - Jan 26 with 548 viewsdurham_exile

First win in 8 attempts tonight at the Lamex for COL U on 20:10 - Jan 26 by durham_exile

Early pressure but no end product

Come on

Harriott and Brown combining we again.

Get Senior off and Folivi or Oteh on

Please

Durham_exile

First win in 8 attempts tonight at the Lamex for COL U on 20:17 - Jan 26 with 543 viewsdurham_exile

First win in 8 attempts tonight at the Lamex for COL U on 20:15 - Jan 26 by durham_exile

Harriott and Brown combining we again.

Get Senior off and Folivi or Oteh on

Please

A let off

Come on Ball change it up
Get senior off now

Durham_exile

First win in 8 attempts tonight at the Lamex for COL U on 20:22 - Jan 26 with 538 viewsdurham_exile

First win in 8 attempts tonight at the Lamex for COL U on 20:17 - Jan 26 by durham_exile

A let off

Come on Ball change it up
Get senior off now

61 mins
Must get fresh legs on

Oteh or Folivi get senior off

Durham_exile

First win in 8 attempts tonight at the Lamex for COL U on 20:34 - Jan 26 with 529 viewsdurham_exile

First win in 8 attempts tonight at the Lamex for COL U on 20:22 - Jan 26 by durham_exile

61 mins
Must get fresh legs on

Oteh or Folivi get senior off

Good news Folivi on bad news Senior still on and has just missed a presentable chance..

Get him off now

Durham_exile

First win in 8 attempts tonight at the Lamex for COL U on 20:39 - Jan 26 with 525 viewsdurham_exile

First win in 8 attempts tonight at the Lamex for COL U on 20:34 - Jan 26 by durham_exile

Good news Folivi on bad news Senior still on and has just missed a presentable chance..

Get him off now

Jevani Brown off Oteh on

Get senior off

Durham_exile

First win in 8 attempts tonight at the Lamex for COL U on 20:48 - Jan 26 with 516 viewsdurham_exile

First win in 8 attempts tonight at the Lamex for COL U on 20:39 - Jan 26 by durham_exile

Jevani Brown off Oteh on

Get senior off

Fat Frank sacked by Chelsea despite the fact that they are in the Champions League FA cup and well placed in the league.

Can we sack Ball and Humes please.

This is woeful.

Durham_exile

First win in 8 attempts tonight at the Lamex for COL U on 20:54 - Jan 26 with 506 viewsdurham_exile

First win in 8 attempts tonight at the Lamex for COL U on 20:48 - Jan 26 by durham_exile

Fat Frank sacked by Chelsea despite the fact that they are in the Champions League FA cup and well placed in the league.

Can we sack Ball and Humes please.

This is woeful.

I am incandescent.

Senior is not fit to wear the shirt.

Simply appalling.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

First win in 8 attempts tonight at the Lamex for COL U on 20:54 - Jan 26 with 501 viewswessex_exile

0-0, not good enough. I'll take a clean sheet, and unbeaten, but this really should have been 3pts ahead of Friday's home game.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

First win in 8 attempts tonight at the Lamex for COL U on 20:54 - Jan 26 with 501 viewsgerry_us

Stunning result especially as we have nobody available to score goals.
The question is will remaining matches finish 0-0 be good enough?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024