Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Seven youngsters released 09:42 - Feb 2 with 663 viewsRSCOSWORTH

https://www.cu-fc.com/news/2021/february/u23s-departures/

Don't think I've seen any of these play but should we be disappointed by their departure? Noah can probably tell us more about some of them. I have heard good things about Kensdale previously and Scarlett has figured a number of times this season. A few of the others haven't ever made an appearance and may have not even made the subs bench in their time here.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Seven youngsters released on 09:53 - Feb 2 with 648 viewsdurham_exile

Noah will have more insight.

I've seen Michael Fernandez, Ollie Kensdale and Miquel Scarlett play. Surprised about this but what do I know compared to the supremo TH.

#disgrace

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Seven youngsters released on 10:15 - Feb 2 with 643 viewswessex_exile

Seven youngsters released on 09:53 - Feb 2 by durham_exile

Noah will have more insight.

I've seen Michael Fernandez, Ollie Kensdale and Miquel Scarlett play. Surprised about this but what do I know compared to the supremo TH.

#disgrace

Up the U's

It's harsh Durham, but hardly a disgrace? The fact that very few of us know much at all about them at all is because although they have promise, they simply haven't developed as we would have liked. The club and players have agreed to mutually cancel the contracts early to make them available immediately for other clubs - that's not a disgrace, that's actually trying to do right by these young men.

#notdisgrace

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Seven youngsters released on 12:29 - Feb 2 with 610 viewsnoah4x4

These kids sparkled in the Under 18s and Under 23s, albeit I have not seen either of these teams in 12 months due to lockdown.

The heart has been ripped out of our youth teams. It begs the question, what has gone wrong with the great Academy plan if we are releasing these kids en bloc? I believe we would be due some serious cash for each year of tuition if they signed for another club. But do we still get it if we release them like this? Perhaps might suggest they were costing more than that incentive.

So is this a change of direction?
Seven youngsters released on 13:22 - Feb 2 with 593 viewsthrillseeker

Surprised Kensdale has been released - I thought he had a decent future ahead of him.

Not too fussed about the others that have been released
Seven youngsters released on 13:45 - Feb 2 with 584 viewsbwildered

Think we released just has many last season . Kendale is the surprise has McG was keen on his progression at one stage. Scarlett came on for second half at Exeter and, let’s say, showed his inexperience. Releasing youngers before careers begin must be the worst part of football, especially knowing that most at our level only become National league players at best.
There had been a change of policy at the Academy, has several years ago we tended to hold youngsters too long, so a shift of older players getting loaned out became the policy for more experience and released the younger ones more quickly .
Wonder how much money the likes of Gilbey, Szmodics, Wright and Kent have made the Academy in the last ten years ?

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024