Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Exiles to be Exiled tonight at the JSCS 14:36 - Nov 26 with 1691 viewsdurham_exile

There is nothing worse than turning in an outstanding performance on Tuesday only to fail to replicate it on Friday night. HM will be looking to ensure that the magnificent display against the Grecians is repeated this evening against the Exiles.

James Rowberry brings his team sitting in 9th place with 27 points from 18 games whilst the U’s are up to 19th place with 20 points from 17.

County have useful frontman Dom Telford who is in good scoring form but are deficient of Dolan and Upson. I reckon that if we apply ourselves then another three points is on the cards with a 2-0 victory.

HM can keep things simple with a similar line up.

Turner

MWH Chambers Smith Daniels

Chilvers Skuse Hannant

Jasper Sears Dobra

Subs

Gerken Coxe Eastman Cooper Judge McCoulsky Nouble

Tchamadeu is doubtful as are injured players Clampin, Wiredu, Kennedy and George.

Weather is likely to be 2 degrees Celsius and dry with little wind. The anticipated storm affecting the East Coast from Aberdeen to Newcastle with strong winds likely to cause damage is not expected as far south as East Anglia and so the conditions should be ok for last November.

Let us hope that the performance against Exeter brings the faithful out in greater numbers.

Don’t forget our season started on Tuesday and we look forward to success in both Cups over the next 9 days.

Enjoy the game

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Exiles to be Exiled tonight at the JSCS on 14:54 - Nov 26 with 954 viewsMoor_Pinot

Thank you as ever Durham for the positive pre-match. I'd love a 2-0.
It's so long since we strung proper results together that I prefer to dwell on your words than reality. I'd be surprised if we did win again. We scored three on Tuesday, a real novelty, but otherwise it was a determined display, no better and the opposition could claim to have missed out - as we did last Saturday. Newport will have learnt from watching us and will set up differently so I will be surprised and pleased with a draw. We are not a great team, still a bunch of individuals who are yet to gell. Additionally the manager has plenty of injuries to concern him, preventing any settled status. Coxe - who like Smith and Chambers underwhelms me - did OK on Tuesday so I think he'll start. Tchamadeau should play right half allowing WH at full back in any case but he's injured. Tovide has been dumped after the sending off which bothers me given our striking options. So I spose mcCoulsky will get time on against his old club. Doubt Senior will in return. It's a long season, Tuesday was most unexpected and welcome, bravo all concerned but one swallow etc etc.
If they can win tonight it will do my hopes of midtable safety the power of good. If not then I will continue to be alarmed at what remains a huge decline from some of the matches highlit by Wessex in his excellent column!!

Moor Pinot

Exiles to be Exiled tonight at the JSCS on 17:23 - Nov 26 with 902 viewswessex_exile

Exiles to be Exiled tonight at the JSCS on 14:54 - Nov 26 by Moor_Pinot

Thank you as ever Durham for the positive pre-match. I'd love a 2-0.
It's so long since we strung proper results together that I prefer to dwell on your words than reality. I'd be surprised if we did win again. We scored three on Tuesday, a real novelty, but otherwise it was a determined display, no better and the opposition could claim to have missed out - as we did last Saturday. Newport will have learnt from watching us and will set up differently so I will be surprised and pleased with a draw. We are not a great team, still a bunch of individuals who are yet to gell. Additionally the manager has plenty of injuries to concern him, preventing any settled status. Coxe - who like Smith and Chambers underwhelms me - did OK on Tuesday so I think he'll start. Tchamadeau should play right half allowing WH at full back in any case but he's injured. Tovide has been dumped after the sending off which bothers me given our striking options. So I spose mcCoulsky will get time on against his old club. Doubt Senior will in return. It's a long season, Tuesday was most unexpected and welcome, bravo all concerned but one swallow etc etc.
If they can win tonight it will do my hopes of midtable safety the power of good. If not then I will continue to be alarmed at what remains a huge decline from some of the matches highlit by Wessex in his excellent column!!

Yep, a 2-0 would do very nicely thanks! I like the look of the line-up too - I heard at one point Sham had broken a rib or two in the penalty incident, but think since then it has been downplayed to severe bruising (?). However, if Turner maintains his form from Tuesday, he'll do as a very worthy replacement.

I had hoped to try and squeeze this weekend's blog out this afternoon, but work has sadly prevented this, so it'll have to be after the Lord Mayor's show tomorrow morning - wonder how the headline will read...

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Exiles to be Exiled tonight at the JSCS on 17:30 - Nov 26 with 900 viewsnoah4x4

Newport are moaning about being tired, long journeys etc.

In season 2019-20 (the latest I could find data).

Newport County traveled 3,701 miles to away games, an average of 160.9 (8th longest).

Colchester United traveled 4,254 miles an average of 185.0 (4th longest).

Only Plymouth (246.8), Carlisle (220.9) and Exeter travelled further (Barrow would probably be the current replacement for Plymouth).

How often have we traveled to the North West on a Saturday, then to Grimsby on a Tuesday night? It’s an exceptionally long slog every week for most clubs except midlandWalsall and Port Vale. It seems to me Newport manager James Rowberry is getting his excuses in early. We should fear nobody after Tuesday. Up the rising U’s.
Exiles to be Exiled tonight at the JSCS on 17:38 - Nov 26 with 887 viewsbwildered

Need to start putting back to back victories in the campaign, the squad has no excuses with the experience within. Let’s start by not changing a winning side.
Would really be a Black Friday without bringing three points too are basket .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Exiles to be Exiled tonight at the JSCS on 18:52 - Nov 26 with 853 viewsdurham_exile

Exiles to be Exiled tonight at the JSCS on 17:38 - Nov 26 by bwildered

Need to start putting back to back victories in the campaign, the squad has no excuses with the experience within. Let’s start by not changing a winning side.
Would really be a Black Friday without bringing three points too are basket .

Just the one change Manager brings Coxe in for Tchamadeu.

MWH on the bench.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Exiles to be Exiled tonight at the JSCS on 19:05 - Nov 26 with 850 viewsdurham_exile

Exiles to be Exiled tonight at the JSCS on 18:52 - Nov 26 by durham_exile

Just the one change Manager brings Coxe in for Tchamadeu.

MWH on the bench.

Up the U's

Hope you all enjoy the game tonight either at the match or like many of the Exiles via iFollow.

Have a good feeling about another three points this evening.

Another win and the belief for a play off spot will be back well and truly!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Exiles to be Exiled tonight at the JSCS on 19:16 - Nov 26 with 843 viewswessex_exile

Good to hear Tchamadeu is fit enough to be on the bench.

Up the U's

Exiles to be Exiled tonight at the JSCS on 19:39 - Nov 26 with 830 viewsGOSBTS

Why are we playing so many of our matches on Friday nights?
Login to get fewer ads

Exiles to be Exiled tonight at the JSCS on 20:06 - Nov 26 with 825 viewsdurham_exile

Exiles to be Exiled tonight at the JSCS on 19:39 - Nov 26 by GOSBTS

Why are we playing so many of our matches on Friday nights?

Clubs were given the chance at the beginning of the season to change certain games.
Newport agreed to play on Friday and we also go to Rodney Parade on a Friday.

Friday night football under the lights at Layer Road used to be very popular.

We are playing quite brightly at present Dobra very unlucky not to score with a sharp right footed diagonal shot.

We've got this tonight.

Pitch looks pristine, plenty of good atmosphere.

We have sleet showers here in Durham and the weather is wet and windy as forecast.

Sub tropical by contrast in Colchester.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Exiles to be Exiled tonight at the JSCS on 20:24 - Nov 26 with 819 viewsdurham_exile

Exiles to be Exiled tonight at the JSCS on 20:06 - Nov 26 by durham_exile

Clubs were given the chance at the beginning of the season to change certain games.

We are playing quite brightly at present Dobra very unlucky not to score with a sharp right footed diagonal shot.

We've got this tonight.

We have sleet showers here in Durham and the weather is wet and windy as forecast.

Up the U's

Dobra lost the ball cheaply but a good strike from Telford.

Come on we're better than that

Durham_exile

Exiles to be Exiled tonight at the JSCS on 20:27 - Nov 26 with 815 viewsMoor_Pinot

Exiles to be Exiled tonight at the JSCS on 20:06 - Nov 26 by durham_exile

We've got this tonight.

Up the U's

That's been coming.
We need to hit back soon. They look feisty and dangerous.

Moor Pinot

Exiles to be Exiled tonight at the JSCS on 20:33 - Nov 26 with 802 viewsthrillseeker

Not good.
Exiles to be Exiled tonight at the JSCS on 20:39 - Nov 26 with 795 viewsdurham_exile

Exiles to be Exiled tonight at the JSCS on 20:33 - Nov 26 by thrillseeker

Not good.

Still very much in the game.

We are missing Brendan Wiredu steel in midfield.

Very frustrating to see three decent crosses but no-one on the end of them.

Frankly the difference is Telford who has been excellent.

But we can get back into this. Be bold HM give McClousky plenty of second half minutes and see what he can do.

I want to see more shots from Jasper and Dobra.

Chilvers unlucky with two long range efforts and Dobra came closest with his diagonal shot.

Come on

Durham_exile

Exiles to be Exiled tonight at the JSCS on 20:43 - Nov 26 with 792 viewswessex_exile

Too many unforced errors at the moment, the team needs more focus second half to get back in this - let's hope Hayden can drill this into them at half-time.

Up the U's

Exiles to be Exiled tonight at the JSCS on 20:46 - Nov 26 with 791 viewsMoor_Pinot

Exiles to be Exiled tonight at the JSCS on 20:39 - Nov 26 by durham_exile

Still very much in the game.

We are missing Brendan Wiredu steel in midfield.

Very frustrating to see three decent crosses but no-one on the end of them.

Frankly the difference is Telford who has been excellent.

But we can get back into this. Be bold HM give McClousky plenty of second half minutes and see what he can do.

I want to see more shots from Jasper and Dobra.

Chilvers unlucky with two long range efforts and Dobra came closest with his diagonal shot.

Come on

Teams know what Jasper can do and he's invariably got two marshaling him. Did we know about Telford at management level? He's a good player to whom we have so far accorded insufficient respect. Typical U's.
I'm sure Noah's got a goal in him so perhaps we can claw back a point. It's a tough call so far.

Moor Pinot

Exiles to be Exiled tonight at the JSCS on 20:50 - Nov 26 with 786 viewsdurham_exile

Exiles to be Exiled tonight at the JSCS on 20:46 - Nov 26 by Moor_Pinot

Teams know what Jasper can do and he's invariably got two marshaling him. Did we know about Telford at management level? He's a good player to whom we have so far accorded insufficient respect. Typical U's.
I'm sure Noah's got a goal in him so perhaps we can claw back a point. It's a tough call so far.

Pinault - Telford demonstrates what a decent striker can do at league two level.

But we are still in this game.

Big 45 mins to come.
We must get a result as they say. We We

Durham_exile

Exiles to be Exiled tonight at the JSCS on 20:54 - Nov 26 with 782 viewsMoor_Pinot

Exiles to be Exiled tonight at the JSCS on 20:50 - Nov 26 by durham_exile

Pinault - Telford demonstrates what a decent striker can do at league two level.

But we are still in this game.

Big 45 mins to come.
We must get a result as they say. We We

Agreed, so our job should be to nullify him as much as other teams do with Jasper.
It's team preparation. I really would prefer Eastman on the pitch.
A goal from someone somewhere is hopefully what we need to lift an ordinary performance.
But, being honest they've been better than us so far.

Moor Pinot

Exiles to be Exiled tonight at the JSCS on 21:02 - Nov 26 with 770 viewsdurham_exile

Exiles to be Exiled tonight at the JSCS on 20:54 - Nov 26 by Moor_Pinot

Agreed, so our job should be to nullify him as much as other teams do with Jasper.
It's team preparation. I really would prefer Eastman on the pitch.
A goal from someone somewhere is hopefully what we need to lift an ordinary performance.
But, being honest they've been better than us so far.

Again two decent crosses

A let off as Telford hits the post I think turner got something on it.

Much more open game.

Take Hannant off and McClousky on

Durham_exile

Exiles to be Exiled tonight at the JSCS on 21:05 - Nov 26 with 765 viewsdurham_exile

Exiles to be Exiled tonight at the JSCS on 21:02 - Nov 26 by durham_exile

Again two decent crosses

A let off as Telford hits the post I think turner got something on it.

Much more open game.

Take Hannant off and McClousky on

Jasper off but Judge on

Shocking

Durham_exile

Exiles to be Exiled tonight at the JSCS on 21:11 - Nov 26 with 761 viewsdurham_exile

Exiles to be Exiled tonight at the JSCS on 21:05 - Nov 26 by durham_exile

Jasper off but Judge on

Shocking

Attendance 2,401

Come on

Durham_exile

Exiles to be Exiled tonight at the JSCS on 21:15 - Nov 26 with 758 viewsdurham_exile

Exiles to be Exiled tonight at the JSCS on 21:11 - Nov 26 by durham_exile

Attendance 2,401

Come on

Bring McClousky on for Hannant

Durham_exile

Exiles to be Exiled tonight at the JSCS on 21:19 - Nov 26 with 750 viewsdurham_exile

Exiles to be Exiled tonight at the JSCS on 21:15 - Nov 26 by durham_exile

Bring McClousky on for Hannant

Dobra off McClousky on
15 mins left
Come on the U's

Durham_exile

Exiles to be Exiled tonight at the JSCS on 21:21 - Nov 26 with 746 viewsdurham_exile

Exiles to be Exiled tonight at the JSCS on 21:19 - Nov 26 by durham_exile

Dobra off McClousky on
15 mins left
Come on the U's

Turner great save.

Come on let's get a point at least

Durham_exile

Exiles to be Exiled tonight at the JSCS on 21:22 - Nov 26 with 744 viewsdurham_exile

Exiles to be Exiled tonight at the JSCS on 21:21 - Nov 26 by durham_exile

Turner great save.

Come on let's get a point at least

Get in

Deserved

Durham_exile

Exiles to be Exiled tonight at the JSCS on 21:24 - Nov 26 with 739 viewsdurham_exile

Exiles to be Exiled tonight at the JSCS on 21:22 - Nov 26 by durham_exile

Get in

Deserved

We can win this now

Durham_exile

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024