Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fully charged U's to shock league leaders at the New Lawn tonight 17:46 - Jan 11 with 1643 viewsdurham_exile

After the fiasco of the postponement at 2.30pm on Saturday the beleaguered Super U’s travel to FGR this evening to do battle with the surprise league leaders.

Now here’s the thing I think that Colchester will prevail tonight in what some might see as a huge shock but and I really do believe this the U’s are in a false position at present. 2-1 to the U’s.

After the failure to land Ryan Loft from Scunny (Bristol Rovers stole in at the eleventh hour and pinched him for an undisclosed sum), we have signed on loan, Corie Andrews from Wimbledon, even though he has never played for them. Can he be the man to score some goals for the U’s. Yes, I do hope so, he looks the part and knows where the goal is having scored some good goals for Aldershot on loan.

Syl Jasper is looking to get a League One club to take him on loan now after we failed to get the best out of him. Water under the bridge sadly.

Tom Dallison has signed from Crawley and it seems that he can play left back or centre back. Cameron Coxe has now signed permanently from Solihull Moors. However, we still need another striker.

The Chairman’s latest missive fails to mention new players but there is a piece in the Gazette which says he will stump up cash for another player. A striker please and nothing else will do.

Now that our budget is 17th in League Two and that the top budget is twice that we are definitely up against it.

Table
Selected positions:

FGR 22 48
Tranmere 23 41
Northampton 23 40
Sutton 23 39
Swindon 22 37
PV 21 35
Newport 24 35

22nd COL U 21 22
Scunny 24 19
Oldham 24 18

Win our three games in hand and we are only four points off the play offs. Simples.

So, who will line up tonight?

A 5, 2,1,2 formation looks on the cards

Turner

Tchamadeu Eastman Chambers Smith Coxe

Wiredu Skuse

Judge

Sears Andrews

Subs:

Gerken Hannant Chilvers, Dallison Dobra Daniels Tovide

We will have to be at our best at the Fully Charged New Lawn this evening where Jamille Matt and Mathew Stevens have been scoring goals for fun for Rob Edwards team. However, I’m not deterred by that fact and I think Corie Andrews will rifle one home and his strike partner Freddie Sears will get the second in a 2-1 win.

The match is available on iFollow and I hope that Wessex enjoys the game rather more than the plant based food which they serve at the ground.

Weather at the FGR Stroud ground will be partly cloudy and a balmy 6 degrees Celsius this evening.

Safe journey to the travelling faithful and enjoy the game.

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Fully charged U's to shock league leaders at the New Lawn tonight on 19:16 - Jan 11 with 915 viewsMoor_Pinot

No Sears?

Moor Pinot

Fully charged U's to shock league leaders at the New Lawn tonight on 19:17 - Jan 11 with 914 viewsdurham_exile

Turner
Eastman Chambers Smith
Tchamadeu Wiredu Skuse Chilvers Coxe
Judge
Andrews

Subs
Gerken Hannant Daniels dallison Kennedy tovide cooper

Looks like only one striker again.
No Sears

What is going on?
[Post edited 11 Jan 2022 19:25]

Durham_exile

Fully charged U's to shock league leaders at the New Lawn tonight on 19:21 - Jan 11 with 910 viewsnoah4x4

I eventually didn't travel. Waited in all day for a BT engineer that didn't turn up early enough for me to go, and he has still not turned up. He had better not arrive at 19:45!

Now settling in to watch on I-Follow, with a nice Jamshed Malbec, no doubt its clarity enhanced using fish gut finings as it doesn't state suitable for vegetarians, although claiming to be carbon neutral. Probably paid for a few dubious carbon offset indulgences. This is after having just enjoyed a magnificent lamb mince filled shepherd's pie having not succumbed to any vegan propaganda. I too hope that Wessex finds some suitably tasty fare, but I have never achieved that at the New Lawn (to be fair, nor at the JobServe of late). However, it does sell a decent real ale (despite it being vegan), a tribute by the Stroud Brewery to a certain Edwin Budding, inventor of the lawn mower.

If we get a point tonight I will be delighted, but I can't see it happening, albeit we were really good away against third placed Sutton in the Pizza Cup (but still lost!). Disappointed with Cowling's statement, but have come to expect nothing else. Can the team lift my spirits tonight? I hope so, but I have a second bottle in reserve should I get really depressed.
Fully charged U's to shock league leaders at the New Lawn tonight on 19:30 - Jan 11 with 892 viewsnoah4x4

Fully charged U's to shock league leaders at the New Lawn tonight on 19:17 - Jan 11 by durham_exile

Turner
Eastman Chambers Smith
Tchamadeu Wiredu Skuse Chilvers Coxe
Judge
Andrews

Subs
Gerken Hannant Daniels dallison Kennedy tovide cooper

Looks like only one striker again.
No Sears

What is going on?
[Post edited 11 Jan 2022 19:25]

Interesting, and given Sears is not even on the bench (unfit? covid?), is probably my favoured line up.

Three at the back, a five to saturate midfield, using Coxe and Tchamadeu more forward than in a back four. Tightly closing down FGR before they can get any width.

I actually like it.
Fully charged U's to shock league leaders at the New Lawn tonight on 19:41 - Jan 11 with 874 viewsdurham_exile

Fully charged U's to shock league leaders at the New Lawn tonight on 19:30 - Jan 11 by noah4x4

Interesting, and given Sears is not even on the bench (unfit? covid?), is probably my favoured line up.

Three at the back, a five to saturate midfield, using Coxe and Tchamadeu more forward than in a back four. Tightly closing down FGR before they can get any width.

I actually like it.

Noah, obviously we don't know about Sear's fitness but poor Corie Andrews is on his own up front.

Some things never change.

I don't like it but I remain confident of a U's victory tonight.

But we must have a second striker before the end of January.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Fully charged U's to shock league leaders at the New Lawn tonight on 19:52 - Jan 11 with 860 viewsdurham_exile

Fully charged U's to shock league leaders at the New Lawn tonight on 19:41 - Jan 11 by durham_exile

Noah, obviously we don't know about Sear's fitness but poor Corie Andrews is on his own up front.

Some things never change.

I don't like it but I remain confident of a U's victory tonight.

But we must have a second striker before the end of January.

Up the U's

Decent start
Andrews looks the part, pity he doesn't have a strike partner.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Fully charged U's to shock league leaders at the New Lawn tonight on 19:58 - Jan 11 with 856 viewsdurham_exile

Fully charged U's to shock league leaders at the New Lawn tonight on 19:52 - Jan 11 by durham_exile

Decent start
Andrews looks the part, pity he doesn't have a strike partner.

Up the U's

Good move judge unlucky

Durham_exile

Fully charged U's to shock league leaders at the New Lawn tonight on 19:59 - Jan 11 with 856 viewsnoah4x4

Audio lagging badly behind video and is getting worse. I had this issue with my Colchester cricket commentary, but found an easy fix. You just put an few milliseconds delay on the audio channel.

So far so good.

Spoke too soon. Goal announced before ball was kicked!
[Post edited 11 Jan 2022 20:01]
Login to get fewer ads

Fully charged U's to shock league leaders at the New Lawn tonight on 20:01 - Jan 11 with 849 viewsdurham_exile

Fully charged U's to shock league leaders at the New Lawn tonight on 19:59 - Jan 11 by noah4x4

Audio lagging badly behind video and is getting worse. I had this issue with my Colchester cricket commentary, but found an easy fix. You just put an few milliseconds delay on the audio channel.

So far so good.

Spoke too soon. Goal announced before ball was kicked!
[Post edited 11 Jan 2022 20:01]

A soft goal to concede
Come on

Durham_exile

Fully charged U's to shock league leaders at the New Lawn tonight on 20:16 - Jan 11 with 820 viewsdurham_exile

Fully charged U's to shock league leaders at the New Lawn tonight on 20:01 - Jan 11 by durham_exile

A soft goal to concede
Come on

Andrews very lively but too isolated.

Needs support and we will score.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Fully charged U's to shock league leaders at the New Lawn tonight on 20:19 - Jan 11 with 814 viewsdurham_exile

Fully charged U's to shock league leaders at the New Lawn tonight on 20:16 - Jan 11 by durham_exile

Andrews very lively but too isolated.

Needs support and we will score.

Up the U's

Since the paper talk interest in Brendan Wiredu he has become angry and feisty.

The Captain needs to get a grip and keep Wiredu under wraps.

Durham_exile

Fully charged U's to shock league leaders at the New Lawn tonight on 20:21 - Jan 11 with 810 viewsdurham_exile

Fully charged U's to shock league leaders at the New Lawn tonight on 20:19 - Jan 11 by durham_exile

Since the paper talk interest in Brendan Wiredu he has become angry and feisty.

The Captain needs to get a grip and keep Wiredu under wraps.

Samson Tovide could play alongside Andrews it needs HM to be brave.
The opportunities are there but he needs support.

Come on

Durham_exile

Fully charged U's to shock league leaders at the New Lawn tonight on 20:26 - Jan 11 with 806 viewsLeadbelly

Sears unavailable due to illness, not COVID though.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Fully charged U's to shock league leaders at the New Lawn tonight on 20:28 - Jan 11 with 799 viewsdurham_exile

Fully charged U's to shock league leaders at the New Lawn tonight on 20:26 - Jan 11 by Leadbelly

Sears unavailable due to illness, not COVID though.

Hopefully back for the weekend

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Fully charged U's to shock league leaders at the New Lawn tonight on 20:32 - Jan 11 with 795 viewsdurham_exile

Fully charged U's to shock league leaders at the New Lawn tonight on 20:28 - Jan 11 by durham_exile

Hopefully back for the weekend

Up the U's

Andrews having a great half.

Deserves a goal.

Durham_exile

Fully charged U's to shock league leaders at the New Lawn tonight on 20:34 - Jan 11 with 791 viewsdurham_exile

Fully charged U's to shock league leaders at the New Lawn tonight on 20:32 - Jan 11 by durham_exile

Andrews having a great half.

Deserves a goal.

You could say he is effervescent

Durham_exile

Fully charged U's to shock league leaders at the New Lawn tonight on 20:38 - Jan 11 with 781 viewsthrillseeker

To me it is the same familiar story

Feeling sorry for Andrews as he is so isolated.

We might get something out of this game
Fully charged U's to shock league leaders at the New Lawn tonight on 20:40 - Jan 11 with 775 viewsnoah4x4

Can we not string three or four passes together? Missing a playmaker of Ben Stevenson class. Andrews is trying hard, but all huff and puff, whilst isolated and suffering like all lone strikers that have before him ever since Humes became DoF.

By contrast, FGR are a different class. I can't see us conceding less than three as our old guard start to flag, with nothing in reply.
Fully charged U's to shock league leaders at the New Lawn tonight on 21:00 - Jan 11 with 747 viewsdurham_exile

Fully charged U's to shock league leaders at the New Lawn tonight on 20:40 - Jan 11 by noah4x4

Can we not string three or four passes together? Missing a playmaker of Ben Stevenson class. Andrews is trying hard, but all huff and puff, whilst isolated and suffering like all lone strikers that have before him ever since Humes became DoF.

By contrast, FGR are a different class. I can't see us conceding less than three as our old guard start to flag, with nothing in reply.

Noah FGR are overacted.

Andrews providing the fizz

Very unlucky with his right footed shot.
Then Chilvers knocking on the door.
The goal is coming.

Durham_exile

Fully charged U's to shock league leaders at the New Lawn tonight on 21:06 - Jan 11 with 732 viewsnoah4x4

Better spell first 12 minutes, but we don't look like scoring
Fully charged U's to shock league leaders at the New Lawn tonight on 21:08 - Jan 11 with 727 viewsdurham_exile

Fully charged U's to shock league leaders at the New Lawn tonight on 21:06 - Jan 11 by noah4x4

Better spell first 12 minutes, but we don't look like scoring

Don't worry the equaliser is coming.

If only Mullins had the confidence to bring on a strike partner for Andrews.

Come on

Durham_exile

Fully charged U's to shock league leaders at the New Lawn tonight on 21:11 - Jan 11 with 722 viewsdurham_exile

Fully charged U's to shock league leaders at the New Lawn tonight on 21:08 - Jan 11 by durham_exile

Don't worry the equaliser is coming.

If only Mullins had the confidence to bring on a strike partner for Andrews.

Come on

Wessex how many of the faithful have travelled
150?

Durham_exile

Fully charged U's to shock league leaders at the New Lawn tonight on 21:14 - Jan 11 with 713 viewsdurham_exile

Fully charged U's to shock league leaders at the New Lawn tonight on 21:11 - Jan 11 by durham_exile

Wessex how many of the faithful have travelled
150?

Double change Hannant and Daniels for Chilvers and Tchamadeu

Durham_exile

Fully charged U's to shock league leaders at the New Lawn tonight on 21:20 - Jan 11 with 705 viewsnoah4x4

Why take Tchamadeu off and leave Coxe on in a back four? Coxe cant defend!
Fully charged U's to shock league leaders at the New Lawn tonight on 21:25 - Jan 11 with 696 viewsdurham_exile

Fully charged U's to shock league leaders at the New Lawn tonight on 21:20 - Jan 11 by noah4x4

Why take Tchamadeu off and leave Coxe on in a back four? Coxe cant defend!

Tovide coming on for Judge

Two up front please!

Durham_exile

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024