Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
George Porter 23:51 - Mar 16 with 766 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Supposedly he travelled home via train rather than on the team coach after today's game. Will we see him in a Col U shirt again?

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

George Porter on 08:23 - Mar 17 with 757 viewsGate16

From what I could see on BBC Iplayer - it looked ridiculously harsh decision to me.

Didn't look as either foot even left the ground as he was tangled up with the Bury player.

I can imagine a Premiership player being sent off for that......not
George Porter on 08:27 - Mar 17 with 754 viewswessex_exile

Possibly not - but as someone has pointed out, 'home' could actually mean Burnley, so would sort of make sense if so - after all, it's not like he's going to be needed for a while now...

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

George Porter on 08:58 - Mar 17 with 744 viewswessex_exile

George Porter on 08:23 - Mar 17 by Gate16

From what I could see on BBC Iplayer - it looked ridiculously harsh decision to me.

Didn't look as either foot even left the ground as he was tangled up with the Bury player.

I can imagine a Premiership player being sent off for that......not

Just watched it again, I can only assume that he must have thrashed about a bit too harshly trying to free his legs from the rugby tackle the Bury player had him in - there didn't seem to be too much complaining about the decision though...

Up the U's

George Porter on 09:16 - Mar 17 with 743 viewsnoah4x4

George Porter on 08:58 - Mar 17 by wessex_exile

Just watched it again, I can only assume that he must have thrashed about a bit too harshly trying to free his legs from the rugby tackle the Bury player had him in - there didn't seem to be too much complaining about the decision though...

No complaining?

Clinton Morrison and others tracked the referee for 50 yards, and I thought might have been booked for that.

Terrible decision - see Noah's View (when I finish it!).
George Porter on 09:16 - Mar 17 with 743 viewsnoah4x4

George Porter on 08:58 - Mar 17 by wessex_exile

No complaining?

Clinton Morrison and others tracked the referee for 50 yards, and I thought might have been booked for that.

George Porter on 09:52 - Mar 17 with 737 viewsbwildered

Looks very harsh, probably struggling to get untangled with opponent caused him to stamp out, the ref was in a better position than the TV which is on the blind side of it all . But if this was the benchmark for the ref this early find it strange only one got sent off.

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

George Porter on 10:24 - Mar 17 with 733 viewsdurham_exile

George Porter on 09:16 - Mar 17 by noah4x4

No complaining?

Noah, I look forward to reading your assessment of the sending off. The camera angle is poor, why was the Bury player (Carrington) not booked.

Porter does complain after challenges and on this occasion must have kicked out or stamped which the referee could see and the camera couldn't.

If true Porter could have cost us the three points. Will he now retrun to Turf Moor.

The truth is out there.

Three wins minimum from seven games, must be achievable now!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

George Porter on 10:29 - Mar 17 with 729 viewswessex_exile

George Porter on 09:16 - Mar 17 by noah4x4

No complaining?

Aaaah - they didn't show that on the highlights, though they did cut to the next bit just as Clinton turned towards the ref in a "what on earth do you think you're doing" arms outstretched stylee...

Up the U's

Login to get fewer ads

George Porter on 18:06 - Mar 18 with 669 viewsbwildered

Does anybody know what he did officially get sent off for?
Have different versions , stamping , foul and abusive or a off the ball incident .
Will we see him back in a U's shirt in the future .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

George Porter on 22:32 - Mar 18 with 660 viewsmfb_cufc

Porter was sent off for aiming a kick at Carrington's head as he got up. Even though he never connected, he was sent off for intent. The fact that Porter apologized for the incident, and Dunne said he deserved what he got, shows the ref made the right decision.

mfb

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024