Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hands off George Moncur! 22:13 - Jan 6 with 2232 viewsdurham_exile

Unfortunately the Championship sharks are circling the WHCS and smelling the blood of the U's star midfielder.

How many times have we taken a player from a club where he is becalmed and then developed him and having transformed him and once established his place in the team have then lost him to a predator.

Must be worth £250k to the U's at a time when we are attempting to reinforce our Centre Back positions with Jones from Hibs and/or Williamson from Wyscum.

Not the best of times for George to be unsettled ahead of the FA Cup tie against the Addicks.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Hands off George Moncur! on 22:51 - Jan 6 with 2215 viewsmfb_cufc

"Jones from Hibs and/or Williamson from Wyscum"

Where have you have been for the last six years Durham, they are the two we were after in 2009, when Lambert was manager.

As for Moncur, I think we all realise he is going. Just got to hope we get good money for him.

mfb

Hands off George Moncur! on 23:15 - Jan 6 with 2199 viewsdurham_exile

Hands off George Moncur! on 22:51 - Jan 6 by mfb_cufc

"Jones from Hibs and/or Williamson from Wyscum"

Where have you have been for the last six years Durham, they are the two we were after in 2009, when Lambert was manager.

As for Moncur, I think we all realise he is going. Just got to hope we get good money for him.

MFB you are absolutely right Lambo did want them in 2009.

Either could do a short term job now perhaps!

In the meantime we must resist offers for GM unless the price is right!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Hands off George Moncur! on 23:30 - Jan 6 with 2192 viewsLeadbelly

Unless I've missed something, which is entirely possible, there have been no approaches for Moncur.

There was a particularly lame effort from Carl Marston in the EADT today...Charlton may be interested because they are looking for new players or perhaps Ipswich because they've signed other players from us recently. Cutting edge journalism it wasn't. I could make up two rumours everyday if that's all it takes.

If Moncur leaves it won't be a shock but we are in no position to extract big fees unless other clubs wish to compete for our players. As well as developing our own young players we will continue to take in other club's cast offs, polish them up and flog them. With the attendances as they are it has to be done.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2016 23:51]

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Hands off George Moncur! on 07:18 - Jan 7 with 2155 viewsSector4

According to sky news there are three championship clubs interested so hopefully if he goes there will be a bidding war. I think he is worth in the region of £400k .Williamson now at Newcastle but being linked with Wolves.
Hands off George Moncur! on 10:38 - Jan 7 with 2147 viewsAFCMorant

Hands off George Moncur! on 23:15 - Jan 6 by durham_exile

MFB you are absolutely right Lambo did want them in 2009.

Either could do a short term job now perhaps!

In the meantime we must resist offers for GM unless the price is right!

Up the U's

Surely we'll replace Moncur with Adam Le Fondre won't we?
Hands off George Moncur! on 21:01 - Jan 7 with 2071 viewsmfb_cufc

Moncur could be replaced by Kevin Nolan. Rumour has it he is training with us. Been without a club since he left West Ham in the summer. A player our manager knows well, and at 33 could certainly do a job for us, if only for the rest of this season.

mfb

Hands off George Moncur! on 21:12 - Jan 7 with 2068 viewsLeadbelly

Hands off George Moncur! on 21:01 - Jan 7 by mfb_cufc

Moncur could be replaced by Kevin Nolan. Rumour has it he is training with us. Been without a club since he left West Ham in the summer. A player our manager knows well, and at 33 could certainly do a job for us, if only for the rest of this season.

That could be a very handy signing.

Hands off George Moncur! on 21:43 - Jan 7 with 2058 viewsBFG

Off to Sunderland with Sam surely ?
Login to get fewer ads

Hands off George Moncur! on 16:38 - Jan 11 with 1931 viewsdurham_exile

Now we know the MK Dons, Sheffield Utd and Nottingham Forest (the latter are subject to a transfer embargo) are all sniffing around George Moncur.

All three should be told to foxtrot oscar. He can and we can definitely do much better. Forest are the only established Championship Club and in fairness are hardly tearing up trees to mix the metaphor!

If we are to enjoy a decent cup run and avoid the drop then GM must stay at least until the summer.

At the very least, he deserves a better club to transfer to than those three excuses!

Hands Off.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Hands off George Moncur! on 22:06 - Jan 11 with 1876 viewsdurham_exile

GM will never get a better window than the Spurs game to demonstrate his skills (I think that Spurs will see off the Foxes).

Possibly TV as well.

Bring it on. Biggest game for 10 years.

Well done KK and the team.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Hands off George Moncur! on 11:51 - Jan 12 with 1824 viewsMoor_Pinot

Absolutely agree Durham!
And noting your birthyear in another thread may your 60th year be one with U's success well to the fore. I reached 60 just a fortnight back after a roller ride of a year so I am looking for some mid table obscurity for a while.......in life and from the U's.

Can we reach mid-table? Keeping George would help. Happy Year to you my friend,

Moor Pinot

Hands off George Moncur! on 12:06 - Jan 12 with 1820 viewsBarsidepete

Hands off George Moncur! on 11:51 - Jan 12 by Moor_Pinot

Absolutely agree Durham!
And noting your birthyear in another thread may your 60th year be one with U's success well to the fore. I reached 60 just a fortnight back after a roller ride of a year so I am looking for some mid table obscurity for a while.......in life and from the U's.

Great to see you here, Pina.

Argh. Staying up, who cares, ... Great clubs i D2 ... I personally have no issues .Div 2. Whatever. Fantastic teams in D2 ... U's relegated? Fight back up.

There are 12 teams that want to spring right back up/

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

Hands off George Moncur! on 17:46 - Jan 12 with 1784 viewsdurham_exile

Hands off George Moncur! on 11:51 - Jan 12 by Moor_Pinot

Absolutely agree Durham!

Happy New Year Pinault_Noir and congratulations on your 60th birthday.

I am looking forward to attending some games as a Senior Citizen after February (some grounds as you know allow sprightly 60 year olds in at a reduced rate, others ensure that you have to be 65!

I am really hoping that we can hold onto GM until the summer. A TV appearance against Spurs will raise his profile and transfer fee. We should be looking for £500,000.

Under KK we will definitely achieve mid table obscurity this season!

All the very best.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Hands off George Moncur! on 12:44 - Jan 21 with 1595 viewsLeadbelly

Hands off George Moncur! on 21:01 - Jan 7 by mfb_cufc

Nolan won't be joining the Us as he has been appointed player/manager at Orient.

Hands off George Moncur! on 14:09 - Jan 22 with 1540 viewsdurham_exile

Bristol City having failed to secure Bradley Dack for £1M have tendered an offer for GM.

Get lost - what a joke club and a joke bid £250,000!!!!!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Hands off George Moncur! on 16:04 - Jan 22 with 1422 viewsLeadbelly

Hands off George Moncur! on 14:09 - Jan 22 by durham_exile

Bristol City having failed to secure Bradley Dack for £1M have tendered an offer for GM.

Get lost - what a joke club and a joke bid £250,000!!!!!

Up the U's

Durham,

Where have you seen or heard this? I can't find a trace.

WB

Hands off George Moncur! on 16:12 - Jan 22 with 1407 viewsdurham_exile

Hands off George Moncur! on 16:04 - Jan 22 by Leadbelly

Durham,

Where have you seen or heard this? I can't find a trace.

WB

WB
The Bristol Post the transfer offer is genuine.

No fee mentioned, the 250k is my own figure!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Hands off George Moncur! on 16:31 - Jan 22 with 1368 viewsLeadbelly

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/BRISTOL-CITY/story-28585260-detail/story.html

You didn't just make up the transfer fee!!

Hands off George Moncur! on 16:46 - Jan 22 with 1348 viewsgerry_us

Hands off George Moncur! on 16:31 - Jan 22 by Leadbelly

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/BRISTOL-CITY/story-28585260-detail/story.html

You didn't just make up the transfer fee!!

But they are after Alex Gilbey, not George Moncur! Hopefully we can keep both at least until the end of the season.
Hands off George Moncur! on 17:32 - Jan 22 with 1298 viewsLeadbelly

Gilbey is out of contract at the end of the season and won't sign a new deal. Take the money now.

I know KK says he will play in the Premier League but he didn't say which one. Probably good enough the Scottish version.

Hands off George Moncur! on 10:22 - Jan 23 with 1212 viewsburnsieespana

Was really surprised when I found out Gilbey is out of contract at end of season so guess we really have no alternative but to take any money offered otherwise a total loss. Playing a 100 or so games for us hardly gets our money back on what we have invested in him.
Hands off George Moncur! on 11:13 - Jan 23 with 1197 viewsgerry_us

Hands off George Moncur! on 10:22 - Jan 23 by burnsieespana

Was really surprised when I found out Gilbey is out of contract at end of season so guess we really have no alternative but to take any money offered otherwise a total loss. Playing a 100 or so games for us hardly gets our money back on what we have invested in him.

Is there not a compensation scheme for young players that has to be assessed when they leave their first parent club?
Hands off George Moncur! on 13:18 - Jan 23 with 1152 viewsburnsieespana

Yes until age of 23 I think gerry but you are of course then dependent upon a tribunal. Maybe reason why KK has been talking him up recently because he knows how it works.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2016 13:23]
Hands off George Moncur! on 10:56 - Jan 29 with 1015 viewsdurham_exile

So Bristol City have upped their bid for AG to £1.5m allegedly, well up theirs!

They will be a league one side again next season and both Colchester and Gilbey can do so much better.

If Gillingham rate Dack at £3m then AG must be worth £2.5m at least.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024