Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Taming of the Shrew at WHCS this weekend 17:58 - Feb 26 with 789 viewsdurham_exile

The Bard would have summed Colchester’s season up as” Much ado about nothing” and their performances as a “Comedy of errors”. Certainly the storm clouds have been gathering over the area of North Essex where the WHCS is situated awaiting a “Tempest” of biblical proportions.

If KK is to achieve a near miracle to enable us all to state that “All’s well that ends well” then we have to secure 9 wins from our last 14 games if we are to avoid the drop to League Two oblivion. That unwelcome record of 18 league matches without a victory is an unwanted as it is shocking to the Colchester faithful.

KK has acted to bring in two loan signings, both on a one-month basis initially — Leo Chambers a centre half from West Ham and young Spurs starlet Nathan Oduwa, who can fire the goals to keep the U’s up. They will both play tomorrow.

KK has a myriad of injuries with Briggs, Sordell, Lee, Elokobi and Wynter still out and Tom Eastman suspended for one game. Bad boy Alex (Bristol City) Gilbey is back after serving his three match ban which occurred at the Scummend game.

It is a blessing to learn that the moron from the so called home support who single handedly took on the faithful at Roots Hall has been banned from attending all football for 5 years. Personally I think that forcing him to watch Scummend for five years would have been a better penalty!

KK has options afforded by his loan signings in a 4,3,1,2 formation:

Parish

Brindley Chambers Kent Vincent-Young

Edwards Gilbey Garvan

Moncur

Oduwa Porter

Subs:
Barnes Shorey Harney Massey Bonne Akinwande Wright

Micky (me old fruit) Mellon, fresh from an embarrassing no show against United will be keen to seek three points against everyone’s whipping boys, the Super U’s. He will be unlucky, that unwelcome record will go on Saturday and Colchester will secure three invaluable points in their quest for survival.

Attendances may not be “as you like it” but profligacy in front of goal has been the undoing of the U’s as much as a porous defence.

Scotty too hotty was on the bench against the Red Devils but may get the nod from MM tomorrow. He scored that famous goals at Bournemouth ten years ago to keep the run going which put us into the automatic promotion slot, how times have changed!

Keep the faith, enjoy the game, enjoy the victory and support the team.

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

The Taming of the Shrew at WHCS this weekend on 18:44 - Feb 26 with 776 viewsbwildered

Unwanted history in the making, if a win is not forthcoming. But alas, relegation will not be avoided this time around .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

The Taming of the Shrew at WHCS this weekend on 14:49 - Feb 27 with 691 viewsdurham_exile

KK was 49 this week

3 points would be the best birthday present

Chambers plays - Oduwa on the bench

Come on the U's

This is vital

Durham_exile

The Taming of the Shrew at WHCS this weekend on 17:25 - Feb 27 with 671 viewsRSCOSWORTH

We've all given up caring.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

The Taming of the Shrew at WHCS this weekend on 17:40 - Feb 27 with 667 viewsburnsieespana

Wonder how long since we last had a game where we did not concede? Personally can't see us escaping so we need to be working at getting a squad together for next season including the Manager learning although I will be surprised if he stays.
The Taming of the Shrew at WHCS this weekend on 18:50 - Feb 27 with 634 viewsbwildered

Only positive was a clean sheet. Two sides who will be playing each other next season . Porter puts the best chance wide and the visitors hit the post. Might have we'll have not bothered erecting the goalposts for this most dire game of footie , 19 games winless games now accomplished with aplomp.
Left our heart and soul at Layer Road .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

The Taming of the Shrew at WHCS this weekend on 19:05 - Feb 27 with 622 viewsBarsidepete

The Taming of the Shrew at WHCS this weekend on 17:40 - Feb 27 by burnsieespana

Wonder how long since we last had a game where we did not concede? Personally can't see us escaping so we need to be working at getting a squad together for next season including the Manager learning although I will be surprised if he stays.

Not conceding this one was a breath of fresh air, it was. No goals conceded.

But why I can't get Moncur to score one in Daniel's PL to save my life these days. 3 points and correct scorer would have been excellent.

Apparently Braintree got robbed today, settled for a 1-1 on a bizarre drop-ball that Guiseley players decided not to put out after an injury, but Norburn opted for a cheeky bullsh&t goal over the Iron keeper who was expecting a respectful kick out of bounds.

Back on point. Sucks that Bradford is so in the blender for a playoff position.

Ok, let's do it. Spoilers.

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

The Taming of the Shrew at WHCS this weekend on 19:52 - Feb 27 with 610 viewsLeadbelly

The Taming of the Shrew at WHCS this weekend on 17:40 - Feb 27 by burnsieespana

Last clean sheet was 29 September...nearly five months ago.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

The Taming of the Shrew at WHCS this weekend on 21:24 - Feb 27 with 584 viewsdurham_exile

Still mathematically possible to stay up and with 13 games to play our philosophy has to be that 50 points is obtainable.

Up the U's

Bantams and Port Fail next bing it on

Oh and play Oduwa from the outset, that what he was signed for!

Durham_exile

Login to get fewer ads

The Taming of the Shrew at WHCS this weekend on 05:12 - Feb 28 with 553 viewsBarsidepete

The Taming of the Shrew at WHCS this weekend on 21:24 - Feb 27 by durham_exile

Still mathematically possible to stay up and with 13 games to play our philosophy has to be that 50 points is obtainable.

Up the U's

Bantams and Port Fail next bing it on

Oh and play Oduwa from the outset, that what he was signed for!

A silly win streak.

3 points or even 1 may do next. No zero. 1 or 3.

Add points and fingers crossed.

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024