Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Super U's hunting for valuable double over Town 18:03 - Mar 9 with 1612 viewsdurham_exile

Well, we can forget all about the euphoria and however unlikely, a top seven slot after the Carlisle result because the U’s were brought crashing down to earth after a lack lustre final third performance against Newport on Saturday.

The team looked well balanced, but we just did not make any inroads into the Exiles defence. It was a disappointing defeat coming after what I thought was the beginning of a new era under WB.

We now start three successive Away games starting with a first ever visit to the EnviroVent Stadium at Harrogate. Of course, I am furious because this is yet another new ground and a relatively close fixture for me (just 52 miles) that I cannot make because of the restrictions still in place.

I still cannot understand why we were so ineffectual up front because the team was set up to attack. Newport is one of those teams that I dislike intensely, and I loathe their manager even more still enough sour grapes we move on.

Can the U’s secure a double over the North Yorkshire side after a 2-1 home victory earlier in the season? I think we can.

Frank Nouble whether through frustration or something else was stupid and got enough sent off and misses tonight’s game. However, I think that WB will simply bring Jevani Brown into the team instead.

We therefore are missing; Gerken, Nouble, Pell, Stevenson and Lapslie.

George

Tchamadeu Eastman Smith Clampin

Harriott Wiredu Chilvers

Brown

Folivi Oteh

Subs:
Welch-Hayes Sayer Sowunmi Cowan-Hall Poku Bohui Coulter

It has been a decent day in Durham, dry, overcast but milder. Harrogate will experience 7 degrees c and be mostly cloudy but dry at kick off. The storm is coming later in the week.

Table (still looks grim but good to see Southend in the bottom two)

20 COL U 32 36 -12
21 PV 33 34 -6
22 Barrow 31 29 -6
23 Southend 33 29 -26
24 Grimsby 31 24 -28

Sadly, I am also going to miss out on Fish n Chips on the pier at Cleethorpes on Saturday (makes a change from Tuesday night matches) and the twice rearranged Salford City fixture as well. Perhaps we might win them all which will cheer me up!

14 games and were we to gain 9 points from the next three well that would be just peachy.

Simon Weaver says that Harrogate should show no mercy to ailing Colchester United, well I think we should do the double over them.

3-2 to the U’s.

Enjoy the game

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Super U's hunting for valuable double over Town on 18:14 - Mar 9 with 1069 viewsnoah4x4

If I recall correctly, when at the Community Stadium Harrogate battered us and we had a fortunate win. But for once it should be dry, decent pitch, pleasant conditions. We are shite in the rain and mud (not looking forward to Salford). No excuses WB, we can play the football tonight.
Super U's hunting for valuable double over Town on 18:24 - Mar 9 with 1057 viewsnoah4x4

Interesting line up. 3-4-1-2 with Folivi and Oteh ahead of Harriott.

Jevani Brown evidently out of favour. I actually get that. He needs to fight for his shirt. Saw nothing on Saturday to suggest he has realised that.
Super U's hunting for valuable double over Town on 18:45 - Mar 9 with 1048 viewsgerry_us

Super U's hunting for valuable double over Town on 18:24 - Mar 9 by noah4x4

Interesting line up. 3-4-1-2 with Folivi and Oteh ahead of Harriott.

Jevani Brown evidently out of favour. I actually get that. He needs to fight for his shirt. Saw nothing on Saturday to suggest he has realised that.

Innovative; only time will tell if successful.
Super U's hunting for valuable double over Town on 19:01 - Mar 9 with 1020 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's hunting for valuable double over Town on 18:45 - Mar 9 by gerry_us

Innovative; only time will tell if successful.

Pell back on the bench.

Brown on the bench

Senior dropped.

And we're 1-0 down already

Durham_exile

Super U's hunting for valuable double over Town on 19:03 - Mar 9 with 1016 viewsnoah4x4

Embarrassing in defence.
Super U's hunting for valuable double over Town on 19:06 - Mar 9 with 1012 viewsLeadbelly

Start as we mean to go on perhaps?

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Super U's hunting for valuable double over Town on 19:22 - Mar 9 with 988 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's hunting for valuable double over Town on 19:06 - Mar 9 by Leadbelly

Start as we mean to go on perhaps?

We've had a couple of close efforts come on the U's

Durham_exile

Super U's hunting for valuable double over Town on 19:27 - Mar 9 with 978 viewsLeadbelly

Super U's hunting for valuable double over Town on 19:22 - Mar 9 by durham_exile

We've had a couple of close efforts come on the U's

As have Harrogate. Brave ‘keeping from George keeps us in the game.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Login to get fewer ads

Super U's hunting for valuable double over Town on 19:36 - Mar 9 with 965 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's hunting for valuable double over Town on 19:27 - Mar 9 by Leadbelly

As have Harrogate. Brave ‘keeping from George keeps us in the game.

That should have been a booking Harrogate are a dirty side.

Come on the U's

Durham_exile

Super U's hunting for valuable double over Town on 19:39 - Mar 9 with 962 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's hunting for valuable double over Town on 19:36 - Mar 9 by durham_exile

That should have been a booking Harrogate are a dirty side.

Come on the U's

Another overly officious nit picking useless ref.

We need all the help we can get not another homer ref.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Super U's hunting for valuable double over Town on 19:46 - Mar 9 with 953 viewsnoah4x4

Get Sowhumi off. Two mistakes, two goals. Awful
Super U's hunting for valuable double over Town on 19:47 - Mar 9 with 952 viewsgerry_us

2_0 Halftime talk will be difficult
Super U's hunting for valuable double over Town on 19:48 - Mar 9 with 949 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's hunting for valuable double over Town on 19:39 - Mar 9 by durham_exile

Another overly officious nit picking useless ref.

We need all the help we can get not another homer ref.

Up the U's

2-0
Well I did predict 3-2 U's

Please bring Jevani Brown on and go four at the back. The 3 centre backs is not working.

Sowunmi off Brown on.

Please

Durham_exile

Super U's hunting for valuable double over Town on 20:03 - Mar 9 with 923 viewsMoor_Pinot

Super U's hunting for valuable double over Town on 19:48 - Mar 9 by durham_exile

2-0
Well I did predict 3-2 U's

Please bring Jevani Brown on and go four at the back. The 3 centre backs is not working.

Sowunmi off Brown on.

Please

Poor WB. He's experimenting just as his predecessor should have done. Sadly for WB the stakes are higher and the risk greater. In all honesty Harrogate hit the woodwork six times at our place and should have won easily. They probably see this scoreline as owed.
We have to win one of these three away games to avoid sliding further.

Moor Pinot

Super U's hunting for valuable double over Town on 20:17 - Mar 9 with 904 viewsnoah4x4

At least ticket prices will be cheaper in the National League. I don’t want to pay full whack to watch any more of this shite. Cowling urgently needs to appoint an experienced manager.
Super U's hunting for valuable double over Town on 20:18 - Mar 9 with 903 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's hunting for valuable double over Town on 20:03 - Mar 9 by Moor_Pinot

Poor WB. He's experimenting just as his predecessor should have done. Sadly for WB the stakes are higher and the risk greater. In all honesty Harrogate hit the woodwork six times at our place and should have won easily. They probably see this scoreline as owed.
We have to win one of these three away games to avoid sliding further.

Playing for pride but our goal difference is taking a battering.

Grimsby game is a real six pointer.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Super U's hunting for valuable double over Town on 20:24 - Mar 9 with 884 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's hunting for valuable double over Town on 20:18 - Mar 9 by durham_exile

Playing for pride but our goal difference is taking a battering.

Grimsby game is a real six pointer.

Up the U's

I've turned the sound off fed up with the nonsense and also the radio commentary keeps interrupting the play.

Brown on but he should have started tonight.

Durham_exile

Super U's hunting for valuable double over Town on 20:27 - Mar 9 with 879 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's hunting for valuable double over Town on 20:24 - Mar 9 by durham_exile

I've turned the sound off fed up with the nonsense and also the radio commentary keeps interrupting the play.

Brown on but he should have started tonight.

No idea where the 17 points will come from but we must secure them the National League is unthinkable.

Put simply we have to stay up.

Durham_exile

Super U's hunting for valuable double over Town on 20:38 - Mar 9 with 864 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's hunting for valuable double over Town on 20:27 - Mar 9 by durham_exile

No idea where the 17 points will come from but we must secure them the National League is unthinkable.

Put simply we have to stay up.

What is embarrassing this season is because we have played poorly in several games we have also made the opposition look much better than they really are.

Harrogate is a case in point.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Super U's hunting for valuable double over Town on 20:41 - Mar 9 with 860 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's hunting for valuable double over Town on 20:38 - Mar 9 by durham_exile

What is embarrassing this season is because we have played poorly in several games we have also made the opposition look much better than they really are.

Harrogate is a case in point.

Up the U's

And they are a bloody dirty team

I'm angry

Come on the U's

Durham_exile

Super U's hunting for valuable double over Town on 20:52 - Mar 9 with 844 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's hunting for valuable double over Town on 20:41 - Mar 9 by durham_exile

And they are a bloody dirty team

I'm angry

Come on the U's

We simply have to win on Saturday

Durham_exile

Super U's hunting for valuable double over Town on 20:59 - Mar 9 with 825 viewswessex_exile

Super U's hunting for valuable double over Town on 20:52 - Mar 9 by durham_exile

The mission is clear, we just have to be better than two of the four below us. Grateful to Carlisle for snatching an equaliser in the last minute of extra-time to deny Grimsby 3pts, and as ever always grateful that Southend continue to be shite.

Couldn't agree more though, Saturday is now season-defining. Win and we're 14pts clear of Grimsby, lose and it's just 8pts - that is the definition of a relegation six-pointer!

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Super U's hunting for valuable double over Town on 21:01 - Mar 9 with 821 viewsnoah4x4

Super U's hunting for valuable double over Town on 20:52 - Mar 9 by durham_exile

Need to sack Humes and Brown and find experienced management that knows what it is doing. Having played 4-2-3-1 for so long the team evidently can’t adapt. We looked more disjointed than ever.

Need Pell, Lapslie, Stephenson and Paris-Cowan all fit to give us more steel. Might as well give the kids a go up front as Harriott, Folivi and Oteh look like powder puffs up against big defenders.
Super U's hunting for valuable double over Town on 21:03 - Mar 9 with 820 viewsgerry_us

We really can't continue to rely on others around us.
Super U's hunting for valuable double over Town on 21:04 - Mar 9 with 815 viewsburnsieespana

My how important is Saturday!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024