Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ainsley's on the plane 10:26 - Mar 18 with 623 viewswessex_exile

Called up to play for Guyana apparently, matches 25th and 30th March, and word on the OMB is he's already departed (recently released Scarlett too). Naturally I'm pleased for them both, but that leaves a hole in the squad ahead of yet more crucial games.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Ainsley's on the plane on 12:27 - Mar 18 with 590 viewsthrillseeker

Maybe controversial but although he has ability I actually think based on recent matches he will not be a great loss.

The last few weeks I have become very frustrated with CH. He fails to track back, doesn't know when to pass, always tries to take on the extra man losing possession etc.

Yes, he can be a matchwinner for 1 minute but recently the remaining 89 minutes he has not been at his best
Ainsley's on the plane on 13:09 - Mar 18 with 586 viewsdurham_exile

Ainsley's on the plane on 12:27 - Mar 18 by thrillseeker

Maybe controversial but although he has ability I actually think based on recent matches he will not be a great loss.

The last few weeks I have become very frustrated with CH. He fails to track back, doesn't know when to pass, always tries to take on the extra man losing possession etc.

Yes, he can be a matchwinner for 1 minute but recently the remaining 89 minutes he has not been at his best

He's also down to win MasterChef!

I would bring Michael Folivi in to replace him.

Front three Folivi Brown Big Frank

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Ainsley's on the plane on 08:38 - Mar 19 with 543 viewsburnsieespana

And Poku has been called up by Ghana!
If Scarlett hadn't been released we would have been able to call the games off!
With Ainsley away WB should be able to fit Stevenson into the team.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2021 8:41]
Ainsley's on the plane on 19:56 - Mar 19 with 493 viewswessex_exile

Ainsley's on the plane on 08:38 - Mar 19 by burnsieespana

And Poku has been called up by Ghana!
If Scarlett hadn't been released we would have been able to call the games off!
With Ainsley away WB should be able to fit Stevenson into the team.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2021 8:41]

I'll be honest, glad it isn't called off. Apart from fixture congestion catching up with us when the players might need a break on the run-in, we need to build on the faint glimmer of confidence after Tuesday's solid hard-fought draw at Salford.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Ainsley's on the plane on 13:45 - Mar 20 with 455 viewsFruitbat

Apparently Poku has now been removed from The senior squad and will instead play a B game against Uzbekistan. The story I saw was that the coach didn't actually select him but the association added him in to the squad to secure his international future (presumably because Southgate was considering him for the Euros, maybe?). Didn't go down well in Ghana as there were domestically based senior players missing out.
Ainsley's on the plane on 12:31 - Mar 26 with 355 viewsFruitbat

Some further developments on Poku from a couple of Ghanaian football websites.

Because of problems with connecting flights he didn't go with the B team to Uzbekistan (ko 1300 this afternoon) but also didn't feature in the 1-1 draw with South Africa last night. He is expected to be involved with the senior squad against Sao Tome on Tuesday.I
Ainsley's on the plane on 13:58 - Mar 26 with 334 viewsLeadbelly

Ainsley's on the plane on 12:31 - Mar 26 by Fruitbat

Some further developments on Poku from a couple of Ghanaian football websites.

Because of problems with connecting flights he didn't go with the B team to Uzbekistan (ko 1300 this afternoon) but also didn't feature in the 1-1 draw with South Africa last night. He is expected to be involved with the senior squad against Sao Tome on Tuesday.I

Ashamed to admit I’d never heard of Sao Tome until Poku’s call up. Thanks Kwame.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024