Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Euros 12:44 - Jun 30 with 1247 viewspwrightsknees

So, Group F was known as the "group of death" in the first round - Germany, France, Portugal and Hungary with potential tournament winners coming from this group.

But none of them have made it to the quarter-finals.

Funny old game!!!
Euros on 13:51 - Jun 30 with 1231 viewsLeadbelly

All the better for it in my opinion.

Belgium, my selection for winners, look the most complete side in the tournament but I think any team through to the quarter finals must feel they have a real chance of making the final.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Euros on 14:11 - Jun 30 with 1225 viewsdurham_exile

PWK - on the basis of the teams in that Group you would have perhaps selected a winner from amongst their ranks.

Every Tournament I predict England to win and of course since 1966 I have been disappointed.

However, we now have a team and a Manager capable of righting the various wrongs that the previous teams have been guilty of.

Last night was our "Final". Defeating our old nemesis was not only essential but also it allowed redemption from that game in 1996.

This is England's year.

But I will go further. Next year we are capable of winning in Qatar (Opening game 21 Nov 22).

The youngsters - Rice, Phillips, Shaw, Saka, Sterling, Chilwell, Grealish, Rashford, Bellingham, Calvert-Lewin, Foden, James, Mason, and Sancho will be another year older and more experienced and they will take the World by storm.

There is no reason why England cannot win the Euros and win a Winter World Cup.

There is nothing to fear except fear itself.

I must go and have a lie down!!!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Euros on 15:31 - Jun 30 with 1207 viewsFruitbat

Euros on 13:51 - Jun 30 by Leadbelly

All the better for it in my opinion.

Belgium, my selection for winners, look the most complete side in the tournament but I think any team through to the quarter finals must feel they have a real chance of making the final.

I don't think you have to look far beyond the Belgium/Italy QF for the eventual winners.
Euros on 16:05 - Jun 30 with 1199 viewsdurham_exile

Euros on 15:31 - Jun 30 by Fruitbat

I don't think you have to look far beyond the Belgium/Italy QF for the eventual winners.

Belgium are massive underachievers and the Italians had a mighty scare against the Austrians.

I just do not see either team offering England sufficient threat.

Last night was the game and whilst there are no easy games left that victory has given us momentum to won this competition.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024