Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
HM and AD sacked - Wayne Brown takes interim charge 19:11 - Jan 19 with 2352 viewsdurham_exile

Colchester United Chairman Robbie Cowling has issued the following:

Following the recent poor run of results, the difficult decision has been made to make a change and relieve Hayden Mullins and Alex Dyer of their respective roles at Colchester United.

I want to make it clear that the responsibility for our current league position lies with everyone involved, both on and off the pitch, and I include myself in that. Everyone remaining must shoulder some of that responsibility individually and collectively.

I’d like to thank Hayden for ensuring our survival last season, and thank both he and Alex for their hard work this season — and I wish them the best of luck in the future.

Since I made this difficult decision on Tuesday night, I have asked Wayne Brown to take charge as the Interim Head Coach and he has agreed.

I hope that you supporters will get fully behind Wayne and the squad for the packed schedule of matches in the immediate future.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

HM and AD sacked - Wayne Brown takes interim charge on 19:20 - Jan 19 with 1321 viewsgerry_us

Poison chalice for Wayne Brown though.
HM and AD sacked - Wayne Brown takes interim charge on 19:21 - Jan 19 with 1320 viewsdurham_exile

HM and AD sacked - Wayne Brown takes interim charge on 19:20 - Jan 19 by gerry_us

Poison chalice for Wayne Brown though.

Essentially the same for whoever comes in.

Now sack Humes.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

HM and AD sacked - Wayne Brown takes interim charge on 19:25 - Jan 19 with 1315 viewsgerry_us

HM and AD sacked - Wayne Brown takes interim charge on 19:21 - Jan 19 by durham_exile

Essentially the same for whoever comes in.

Now sack Humes.

Up the U's

He's bullet proof Durham but goodness knows why?
HM and AD sacked - Wayne Brown takes interim charge on 19:29 - Jan 19 with 1306 viewsdurham_exile

HM and AD sacked - Wayne Brown takes interim charge on 19:25 - Jan 19 by gerry_us

He's bullet proof Durham but goodness knows why?

At least Gerry we head to Salford with the new manager syndrome, bodes well for Salford!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

HM and AD sacked - Wayne Brown takes interim charge on 19:33 - Jan 19 with 1302 viewsburnsieespana

Here we go again.
Wonder who will assist Wayne?
More importantly hope RC quickly gets an experienced hand in
[Post edited 19 Jan 2022 20:22]
HM and AD sacked - Wayne Brown takes interim charge on 19:38 - Jan 19 with 1297 viewsnoah4x4

If Wayne Brown put hits boots on he would probably be better than Smith. However, his past record as caretaker manager is uninspiring. I can't see any decent external candidate being willing to work under Humes.

Hence, time for Humes to go too.
HM and AD sacked - Wayne Brown takes interim charge on 19:38 - Jan 19 with 1296 viewsdurham_exile

HM and AD sacked - Wayne Brown takes interim charge on 19:33 - Jan 19 by burnsieespana

Here we go again.

Can Parky be dragged away from Wrexham?

Durham_exile

HM and AD sacked - Wayne Brown takes interim charge on 19:39 - Jan 19 with 1289 viewsgerry_us

HM and AD sacked - Wayne Brown takes interim charge on 19:33 - Jan 19 by burnsieespana

Here we go again.

Joe Dunne.
Now there is someone with U's at his heart.
Academy boss also involved. Just maybe some of our young guns will get a chance.
Login to get fewer ads

HM and AD sacked - Wayne Brown takes interim charge on 19:42 - Jan 19 with 1285 viewswessex_exile

HM and AD sacked - Wayne Brown takes interim charge on 19:38 - Jan 19 by durham_exile

Can Parky be dragged away from Wrexham?

Doubt we could afford him, not with the salary and playing budget he probably has at big bucks Wrexham? Someone on the OMB mentioned that Neil Harris was seen at our Crawley game - he'd be good I reckon.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

HM and AD sacked - Wayne Brown takes interim charge on 19:46 - Jan 19 with 1275 viewsgerry_us

HM and AD sacked - Wayne Brown takes interim charge on 19:42 - Jan 19 by wessex_exile

Doubt we could afford him, not with the salary and playing budget he probably has at big bucks Wrexham? Someone on the OMB mentioned that Neil Harris was seen at our Crawley game - he'd be good I reckon.

Joe Dunne just announced on U's board
[Post edited 19 Jan 2022 19:47]
HM and AD sacked - Wayne Brown takes interim charge on 20:04 - Jan 19 with 1252 viewsdurham_exile

HM and AD sacked - Wayne Brown takes interim charge on 19:46 - Jan 19 by gerry_us

The interim dream team

Up the U's

Durham_exile

HM and AD sacked - Wayne Brown takes interim charge on 20:09 - Jan 19 with 1241 viewsnoah4x4

HM and AD sacked - Wayne Brown takes interim charge on 19:46 - Jan 19 by gerry_us

Board?

I read "assistant" to Brown.

But maybe a board appointment might be to deflect focus and scrutiny away from the DoF?
HM and AD sacked - Wayne Brown takes interim charge on 20:12 - Jan 19 with 1234 viewsdurham_exile

HM and AD sacked - Wayne Brown takes interim charge on 20:09 - Jan 19 by noah4x4

Board?

I read "assistant" to Brown.

But maybe a board appointment might be to deflect focus and scrutiny away from the DoF?

Plus Dave Huzzey.

Brown Huzzey and Dunne famous firm of solicitors!!!!!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

HM and AD sacked - Wayne Brown takes interim charge on 20:24 - Jan 19 with 1216 viewswessex_exile

HM and AD sacked - Wayne Brown takes interim charge on 20:12 - Jan 19 by durham_exile

Plus Dave Huzzey.

Brown Huzzey and Dunne famous firm of solicitors!!!!!

Up the U's

Reminds me of the solicitor firm that used to advertise on the A34 southbound road signs, "Milton, Chilton, Didcot and Wantage".

Up the U's

HM and AD sacked - Wayne Brown takes interim charge on 20:26 - Jan 19 with 1215 viewsburnsieespana

I guess we need to give them our support as a poisened chalice to put it mildly but it is 'shut or bust' time.
We have to start picking up regular points by whatever means.
Feel so depressed things have got to this point. In British Rail terms it would be described as managed decline but at least Dunne will show a bit of passion.
HM and AD sacked - Wayne Brown takes interim charge on 20:27 - Jan 19 with 1215 viewsnoah4x4

Kidderminster based Estate Agents - Doolittle & Dalley.
HM and AD sacked - Wayne Brown takes interim charge on 20:36 - Jan 19 with 1202 viewsdurham_exile

HM and AD sacked - Wayne Brown takes interim charge on 20:27 - Jan 19 by noah4x4

Kidderminster based Estate Agents - Doolittle & Dalley.

East End firm "Sue, Grabbit and Runne"

Up the U's

Durham_exile

HM and AD sacked - Wayne Brown takes interim charge on 20:39 - Jan 19 with 1198 viewsLeadbelly

Cowling says everybody bears responsibility for the situation at the club. Totally agree. Why then are those most responsible for this shambles not departing alongside Mullins and Dyer?

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

HM and AD sacked - Wayne Brown takes interim charge on 20:44 - Jan 19 with 1194 viewsdurham_exile

HM and AD sacked - Wayne Brown takes interim charge on 20:39 - Jan 19 by Leadbelly

Cowling says everybody bears responsibility for the situation at the club. Totally agree. Why then are those most responsible for this shambles not departing alongside Mullins and Dyer?

I fear there would be no-one left behind the scenes.

Time to get behind the interim team 22 games to save the club
And we need 28 points to be safe.
Up the U's

Durham_exile

HM and AD sacked - Wayne Brown takes interim charge on 20:46 - Jan 19 with 1191 viewsMoor_Pinot

HM and AD sacked - Wayne Brown takes interim charge on 20:39 - Jan 19 by Leadbelly

Quite.
Baffling because without that how can very much be so very different however well intentioned the new set up is, and I wish them well, naturally.
They've got to find ten wins somehow.

Moor Pinot

HM and AD sacked - Wayne Brown takes interim charge on 20:46 - Jan 19 with 1191 viewsLeadbelly

HM and AD sacked - Wayne Brown takes interim charge on 20:44 - Jan 19 by durham_exile

I fear there would be no-one left behind the scenes.

Time to get behind the interim team 22 games to save the club
And we need 28 points to be safe.
Up the U's

Would nobody behind the scenes be any worse?

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

HM and AD sacked - Wayne Brown takes interim charge on 20:49 - Jan 19 with 1186 viewsdurham_exile

HM and AD sacked - Wayne Brown takes interim charge on 20:46 - Jan 19 by Leadbelly

Would nobody behind the scenes be any worse?

Well does that include Cowling, de Souza and Humes.
In which case no we would probably be better off.

Come on the U's

The season now starts Saturday.

Durham_exile

HM and AD sacked - Wayne Brown takes interim charge on 22:40 - Jan 19 with 1117 viewsmfb_cufc

We need Mick McCarthy in to manage his ex-team.

mfb

HM and AD sacked - Wayne Brown takes interim charge on 23:44 - Jan 19 with 1103 viewswessex_exile

HM and AD sacked - Wayne Brown takes interim charge on 22:40 - Jan 19 by mfb_cufc

We need Mick McCarthy in to manage his ex-team.

To be honest, Ipshit humour aside, that's actually not a bad shout. Doubt he'd be tempted...or affordable though.

Up the U's

HM and AD sacked - Wayne Brown takes interim charge on 07:23 - Jan 20 with 1055 viewsnoah4x4

Chris in the ticket office should get the job. After all, he has been landed with everything else except for pitch cover removal.

Appointing Wayne Brown perhaps extends Cowlings philosophy of outsourcing. Yes, Rent-a-manager from Maldon & Tiptree, what genius! I wonder what happens there? Chris, are you busy?

More seriously, I can see WB quickly stepping aside and Joe Dunne taking the reins. Joe did the honourable thing stepping down from management. He wasn't sacked, and has been away earning his spurs in a number two role having been over promoted at Colchester. Maybe he is now ready?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024