Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A taste of the Orient - promising 11:01 - Apr 6 with 831 viewsdurham_exile

Leyton Orient visits the WHCS today in what is another vital game for the U’s.
It is also a vital game for the O’s. They have 64 points from 42 games and harbour realistic ambitions of creeping into the top six.

After today they play MK Dons, Coventry and Oldham on the last day. Personally I think that they will come up short because Swindon and Yeovil have points and a game in hand.

Also the U’s are going to win for a memorable double over the “U’s reserves”. Yes Kevin Lisbie, David Mooney, Lloyd James, Martin Rowlands, Nathan Clarke and Charlie MacDonald could all play against their former club.

JD is getting closer to choosing from his first strength XI. Freddie Sears could be back but I don’t think he will be risked today, with Jabo Ibehre and Michael Smith likely to get the nod instead.

Tom Eastman is still injured and Bradley Garmston might also be fit but may also be on the subs bench. George Porter serves the final game of his suspension today.

So JD could well line up:

Walker

Wilson Magnus Thompson White

Wright (Drew) Clifford Bond Massey

Smith Ibehre

Subs:

Garmston, Heath, Bean, Cousins, Sears, Morrison, Izzet

Sears and Porter have been missed and we could welcome them both back for the Notts County match.

It is still too close to call at the bottom of the table:

Preston 40 48
Shrewsbury 41 48
Carlisle 41 48
COLCHESTER 41 44
Oldham 39 41
----------------
Scunny 41 41
Pompey 42 38
Bury 41 34
Hartlepool 42 33

A notable double today will ease the nerves considerably.

Enjoy the match

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

A taste of the Orient - promising on 18:15 - Apr 6 with 809 viewsFruitbat

Well, that was a scrap. Far the better side for twenty minutes then pretty much stopped doing all the good things that had got us in front but battled hard for the points in the end and sam walkers save from lisbies penalty may well have kept us up!
A taste of the Orient - promising on 22:38 - Apr 6 with 786 viewsgerry_us

Looks as though the rest of the season could be quite "boring"
A taste of the Orient - promising on 23:32 - Apr 6 with 776 viewsBarsidepete

A taste of the Orient - promising on 22:38 - Apr 6 by gerry_us

Looks as though the rest of the season could be quite "boring"

And Gills got promoted! I rather like that

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

A taste of the Orient - promising on 09:23 - Apr 7 with 756 viewsbwildered

A game at Christmas time we would have undoubtably lost . The defence took a battering in the second half, perhaps three valuable points was fortunate , but results rather than performance at the business end of the season is far more important.
With other results going to our advantage, a pivotal weekend of the season might have just been reached.
The fat lady is not yet singing, but a gargle must now be on the cards.

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

A taste of the Orient - promising on 10:56 - Apr 7 with 749 viewsdurham_exile

A taste of the Orient - promising on 09:23 - Apr 7 by bwildered

A game at Christmas time we would have undoubtably lost . The defence took a battering in the second half, perhaps three valuable points was fortunate , but results rather than performance at the business end of the season is far more important.
With other results going to our advantage, a pivotal weekend of the season might have just been reached.
The fat lady is not yet singing, but a gargle must now be on the cards.

Thanks for the insight into yesterday, a great result.

With four to play, two more wins definitely seals it, no way back from 53 points, but 50 might be enough.

Now that most of the pressure is off, what about four wins to really post intentions for next season and to finish with 59 points.

Last season we finished with 59 points!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

A taste of the Orient - promising on 12:23 - Apr 7 with 735 viewsburnsieespana

Max Pompey can get is 48 and Scunny 53 although I can't see them winning last four games so I reckon 49 be enough.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024