Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Railwaymen in Town today for more Festive Fun - U's on (W)right track 08:34 - Dec 29 with 369 viewsdurham_exile

So after 22 games played the record is 6 wins, 9 draws and 7 defeats, goals for 27 against 30, points 27

The target for a top six position is 75 points (we only need the sixth spot) we therefore need another 48 points from our remaining 24 games. 2 points per game is promotion form therefore we have a possible chance of a top six berth.

A number of combinations would achieve the target — for example 14 wins, 6 draws and 4 defeats looks a tall order, but it is not impossible.

That would result in a record something like this 20 wins, 15 draws and 11 defeats = 75 points.

Two key words, we must strive for more consistency and guard against complacency.

Today the Railwaymen come to Town and after a reasonable (and slightly unlucky) performance against the Wolves they find themselves rock bottom on 18 points. Now this is a match that not only do we have to win but also it will give us three successive wins which hasn’t happened this season yet!

JD is starting to get players back from injury, which is half the battle.

Still no Drey Wright, Josh Thompson and Gavin Massey, but Sanchez Watt was a very welcome second half sub against Stevenage and it is rumoured that Freddie Sears could return today (albeit from the subs bench).

I think that JD will go with an unchanged starting line up against Crewe.
Will the crowd top 4,000, I hope so.

The now customary 4,2,3,1 formation will see:

Walker

Wilson Magnus Eastman Garbutt

Wright Bean

Eastmond Vose Turgott

Ibehre

Subs;
Cousins, Watt, Olufemi, Dickson, Sears, Morrison, Gilbey

There is a doubt about Wilson’s fitness but Olufemi is available to step in.

I expect Sanchez Watt and Freddie Sears to appear in the second half.

We will need both for the Franchise on New Year’s Day.

Weather improving, quieter winds, less rain. How is the pitch, I understand it was described by JD as difficult on Boxing Day.

Enjoy the game; remember we can reach the magical 30 point mark today with a good performance. Only another 45 then required from 23 games!

Up the U’s and Happy New Year.

Big shout out to Sam Walker and Luke Garbutt

Durham_exile

Railwaymen in Town today for more Festive Fun - U's on (W)right track on 18:43 - Dec 29 with 325 viewsbwildered

A game and result that defied the U's this season, incosistency is the key word, not only from game to game but also half to half. The U's might been on the right track at half time, although fortunate to score from the free kick, but went up the Beaching line right after the break. No great train robbery here has the U's let a goal lead slip in the second period with a shocking display, the visitors goalie making one great save in the final minutes becoming our only serious effort.
Any play off talk can be firmly put to bed, has we continue to struggle against the teams around us and unable to put in a shift for the complete ninety minutes. No points and off track .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Railwaymen in Town today for more Festive Fun - U's on (W)right track on 22:04 - Dec 29 with 304 viewsnoah4x4

My 1,000 post; and it reports on the U's worst tactical performance in years.

We were in total control up to 45 minutes ; playing beautiful on the deck footie and with width. Then for no obvious reason we switch to narrow and hoof-ball. Then our three most effective players (Ibrehe; Wright and Vose) get withdrawn and the wheels fall completely off.

I can only surmise that (just like against Peterborough in the league cup); we had ran ourselves ragged in the first half and were suffering from fatigue; because Crewe were clearly faster and fitter after the break.

Very disappointing.
Railwaymen in Town today for more Festive Fun - U's on (W)right track on 22:11 - Dec 29 with 300 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Railwaymen in Town today for more Festive Fun - U's on (W)right track on 18:43 - Dec 29 by bwildered

A game and result that defied the U's this season, incosistency is the key word, not only from game to game but also half to half. The U's might been on the right track at half time, although fortunate to score from the free kick, but went up the Beaching line right after the break. No great train robbery here has the U's let a goal lead slip in the second period with a shocking display, the visitors goalie making one great save in the final minutes becoming our only serious effort.
Any play off talk can be firmly put to bed, has we continue to struggle against the teams around us and unable to put in a shift for the complete ninety minutes. No points and off track .

I agree although the thing is they're not around us, at kick off we were 13 places ahead of them, if they're around us in the table then so were Wolves! We should've won this game today and could've had it sewn up by half time.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Railwaymen in Town today for more Festive Fun - U's on (W)right track on 22:18 - Dec 29 with 296 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Railwaymen in Town today for more Festive Fun - U's on (W)right track on 22:04 - Dec 29 by noah4x4

My 1,000 post; and it reports on the U's worst tactical performance in years.

We were in total control up to 45 minutes ; playing beautiful on the deck footie and with width. Then for no obvious reason we switch to narrow and hoof-ball. Then our three most effective players (Ibrehe; Wright and Vose) get withdrawn and the wheels fall completely off.

I can only surmise that (just like against Peterborough in the league cup); we had ran ourselves ragged in the first half and were suffering from fatigue; because Crewe were clearly faster and fitter after the break.

Very disappointing.

Very disappointing indeed.

For me Davis changed the way his team played after the break and we couldn't deal with it. Their number 42 ran the game when he came on and we faded badly as the game went on. I was surprised that Turgott played the whole game as he seemed shattered in the first half and when Watt came on he seemed to be allergic to the touch line. If Ibehre wasn't injured why was he withdrawn?

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Railwaymen in Town today for more Festive Fun - U's on (W)right track on 09:16 - Dec 30 with 266 viewsbwildered

Are latest home defeat leaves the U's over 20 points off the top of the table, and only 9 from the bottom. Those at the lower end look better than last season ( except Stevenage ), so expect a last match scrummage to avoid to drop like before.
Just more consistancy and we would avoid such a scenario .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024