Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Best live album thread 10:30 - Dec 16 with 24187 viewsBlackCrowe

Live at the apollo - james brown
It's alive - ramones
Quo live - Quo
Babylon by bus - Marley
live and dangerous - lizzy

Over to you...

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Best live album thread on 19:49 - Mar 1 with 1637 viewsMonahoop

Trawling through the net the other day looking for some music, I re discovered Out Of Our Skulls by The Pirates. Cracking stuff. 70's pub rock at its best. Mick Green was a forgotton guitar genius and a big influence on matey in my avatar. Got find a copy of that album now.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Best live album thread on 19:54 - Mar 1 with 1634 viewsUPPERLOFTNZ

Nine Below Zero - live at the marquee. Mates of mine, was there that night, still makes me want to jump up and down..

Football is Faith
Poll: OK.. Next season. Where do you think we will finish?

Best live album thread on 20:02 - Mar 1 with 1631 viewssmegma

Bang on the money with Babylon By Bus and Its Alive (one two three!)
Best live album thread on 20:22 - Mar 1 with 1617 viewsNLondonHoop

Lou Reed - Rock n Roll Animal

The Doors - Alive She Cried

Thin Lizzy and Bob Dylan & The Band also mentioned by others.
Best live album thread on 20:26 - Mar 1 with 1614 viewskensalriser

Best live album thread on 19:04 - Mar 1 by RamseyR

The studio album was such a disappointment and didn't showcase what they were about at all. They are still playing live with the same intensity as 30 odd years ago.

Loved the John Peel sessions...given me an idea for a thread

Just read this recent interview with Kirk, who speaks highly of Mick Jones' production. I agree he was quite innovative but can't agree it was the right sound for TOH at that time. He took a lot of the energy and passion out of their sound. On the other hand I loved what he did with Big Audio Dynamite not long afterwards, where the techniques worked a lot better with the samples, overdubs and drum machines.

http://louderthanwar.com/conversation-kirk-brandon/

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Best live album thread on 20:42 - Mar 1 with 1823 viewstonyQPR

The jam,dig the new breed . A collection of live tracks from concerts between 77 and 82.saw weller in Brighton December 2015,did ghosts had the audience in the palm of his hand totally mesmerising hairs standing on the back of your neck stuff.
Best live album thread on 21:45 - Mar 1 with 1793 viewsNewYorkRanger

Some great shouts in here.
Iron Maiden Live after Death is a personal fave, as is No Sleep by Motorhead. Takes me back to me youth it does.
Extra Terrestrial Live by Blue Oyster Cult is right up there in my view. Quite an underrated band in the scheme of things,and this is them at their peak. Still touring quite a bit around these parts, seemingly doing it for the love of it (can't be for money, as hardly anyone turns out to see them 😄)

Glory hunter, me

Best live album thread on 21:55 - Mar 1 with 1786 viewsrichranger

Released on a bootleg from this TV broadcast - But Little Feet at the Rainbow is hard to beat. Look out for Mick Taylor on a couple of songs too...

[Post edited 1 Mar 2017 21:56]
Login to get fewer ads

Best live album thread on 00:49 - Mar 2 with 1751 viewsDannyPaddox

The Cramps. Napa State Mental Hospital 1978.
Best live album thread on 16:05 - Mar 2 with 1691 viewsTheRam

Last live album bought was Spacemen 3 live in Europe 1989, but drove off with it on the car roof, still haven't heard it! X
Best live album thread on 18:56 - Mar 2 with 1662 viewsShotKneesHoop

Colosseum Live - 1970
Van Morrison - Too Late To Stop Now 1974
Van Morrison - Live At The Belfast Opera House 1983
Al Kooper - Soul Of A Man 1995
Morrissey - Who Put the M in Manchester - 2004

Top 5 in the world - impossible to rate any album top as all are equal number one live albums.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Best live album thread on 20:55 - Mar 2 with 1632 viewsPeterHucker

recently bought the expanded edition of Van Morrison's It's Too Late to Stop Now.
3 more CDs worth of songs that weren't on the original album. F**king brilliant.
Best live album thread on 22:12 - Mar 2 with 1606 viewsacricketer

The Bambi Molesters - A Night in Zagreb
Best live album thread on 23:40 - Mar 2 with 1582 viewsAitch

Best live album thread on 21:45 - Mar 1 by NewYorkRanger

Some great shouts in here.
Iron Maiden Live after Death is a personal fave, as is No Sleep by Motorhead. Takes me back to me youth it does.
Extra Terrestrial Live by Blue Oyster Cult is right up there in my view. Quite an underrated band in the scheme of things,and this is them at their peak. Still touring quite a bit around these parts, seemingly doing it for the love of it (can't be for money, as hardly anyone turns out to see them 😄)

As much as I like Extra Terrestrial Live I'd take Some Enchanted Evening over it. The version of Astronomy is sublime. Always a better live band than studio imo.

TPFKA Stans_Left_Foot

Best live album thread on 09:24 - Mar 3 with 1542 viewsOrthodox_Hoop

In no particular order:

Metallica's Live Sh*t
S.O.D. Like At Budokan
Iron Maiden Live After Death
Slayer Decade of Aggression (probably my fav)
Dream Theater Like At Budokan
Best live album thread on 09:38 - Mar 3 with 1539 viewsBklynRanger

Has nobody mentioned Dire Strait's Alchemy? Shirley a local production like that deserves a mention?

I always like to think it was one of us that shouted "We love you Dave!" during the intro to Telegraph Road.
Best live album thread on 11:24 - Mar 3 with 1513 viewsNoelmc

Sky Arts has recently been showing the the Alchemy concert. Great live versions of Sultans, Telegraph Rd & Tunnel of Love.

Other fave live albums

Lizzy - Live & Dangerous
Steve Earle - BBC Live in Concert (From the Forum /Town & Country late 80's)
Springsteen Live 75-85
Best live album thread on 11:34 - Mar 3 with 1507 viewsShotKneesHoop

Best live album thread on 20:55 - Mar 2 by PeterHucker

recently bought the expanded edition of Van Morrison's It's Too Late to Stop Now.
3 more CDs worth of songs that weren't on the original album. F**king brilliant.

Yes, I got the extended edition of "Too Late To Stop Now" it's a classic, and it's actually also a DVD which is worth getting - or reviewing illegally on YouTube.

Speaking of which, if you use YouTube, - have a look at the clips fro, "Who Put The M In Manchester" In particular see this link to "There Is A Light That Never Goes Out" with a brilliant ending when the band stop playing and walk off the stage one by one leaving the crowd going nuts at the end.

Try this -
[Post edited 3 Mar 2017 11:35]

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Best live album thread on 15:19 - Mar 3 with 1469 viewsBluce_Ree

Best live album thread on 21:16 - Dec 17 by larsricchi

Descendents - Liveage!
The Cure - Entreat

I still listen to Depeche Mode 101 on occasion, even if it's not great.

I'd go with Cure in Orange or Show before Entreat.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Best live album thread on 15:21 - Mar 3 with 1469 viewsBluce_Ree

Best live album thread on 02:41 - Dec 19 by FredManRave

Good call re the Cult and Live At The Lyceum, Bluce. Was the first music VHS cassette music video reel thingy that I owned.

I realise that it's de rigueur to hate U2 and their music from the last 30 years but even so I'm still surprised there's not been one mention of Under A Blood Red Sky. A great live album and again I loved the VHS cassette music version. Great stuff for the early 80's, imo.

Jamie Stewart, The Cult's bassist back then, absolutely murders the bass on LatL. Really incredible, exhausting performance. Great stuff.

That U2 thing. Is that the Red Rocks one? I only ever saw three songs from that vid (Gloria, Sunday Blood Sunday and something else) but it was alright. Decent considering what a dreadful band they became.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024