Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Holloway CONFIRMED 18:18 - Nov 11 with 14171 viewseghamranger

Happy with that
Holloway CONFIRMED on 22:06 - Nov 11 with 2971 viewsHunterhoop

Holloway CONFIRMED on 22:02 - Nov 11 by Pommyhoop

>>> I've said that to my boy a few times too Punter
So glad he's back. I hope Norwich is on the box..

#sellout

I think most of us are desperate for this to work. The bloke is a bloody legend and in that interview...he's so genuine, so sincere...it's so obvious how much he cares about the club, it's soul. For that alone he should get every fans' support. Gutted to be missing Norwich (abroad) but looking forward to Wolves under lights on the 1st Dec now.

No f*cking booing at LR. Knives kept firmly in pockets. Moans kept to yourselves.

Give this every possible chance to work. Support him. Support the players. Support Les. Support Lee Hoos. They are the club now. It's a phenomenally better proposition than any combination since before Paladini. As "supporters" we need to step up now.
[Post edited 11 Nov 2016 22:10]
Holloway CONFIRMED on 22:07 - Nov 11 with 2973 viewsichbinnaughty

I love Olly for what he did 15-10 years ago but I am flabbergasted by this appointment.
Farcical move.
It says to me that we have no clear strategy that we're working towards.
I can't believe Olly has the stamina, the hunger for investing in a big rebuild project.
So, we're doing this is a short term pick-me-up.
Madness. Doomed to fail.
Holloway CONFIRMED on 22:08 - Nov 11 with 2971 viewsPommyhoop

Holloway CONFIRMED on 22:06 - Nov 11 by Hunterhoop

I think most of us are desperate for this to work. The bloke is a bloody legend and in that interview...he's so genuine, so sincere...it's so obvious how much he cares about the club, it's soul. For that alone he should get every fans' support. Gutted to be missing Norwich (abroad) but looking forward to Wolves under lights on the 1st Dec now.

No f*cking booing at LR. Knives kept firmly in pockets. Moans kept to yourselves.

Give this every possible chance to work. Support him. Support the players. Support Les. Support Lee Hoos. They are the club now. It's a phenomenally better proposition than any combination since before Paladini. As "supporters" we need to step up now.

Too right Hunter..
Great post !!!

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Holloway CONFIRMED on 22:43 - Nov 11 with 2873 viewsthame_hoops

This is a ridiculous appointment and a backwards step, while we're at it, let's bring back the Gallens and George santos as defensive coach.

Ive unfollowed the club on social media and I won't watch again until Tony leaves, he's turned us into a laughing stock
Holloway CONFIRMED on 22:48 - Nov 11 with 2859 views2Thomas2Bowles

Holloway CONFIRMED on 22:43 - Nov 11 by thame_hoops

This is a ridiculous appointment and a backwards step, while we're at it, let's bring back the Gallens and George santos as defensive coach.

Ive unfollowed the club on social media and I won't watch again until Tony leaves, he's turned us into a laughing stock

Feck me the day only gets better...... see ya.... well I hope I don't... can you take the other parasites with ya

Bye

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Holloway CONFIRMED on 22:53 - Nov 11 with 2842 viewsGloucs_R

Poll: Are we staying up?

Holloway CONFIRMED on 23:10 - Nov 11 with 2806 viewsthame_hoops

Holloway CONFIRMED on 22:48 - Nov 11 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Feck me the day only gets better...... see ya.... well I hope I don't... can you take the other parasites with ya

Bye

So those who disagree with holloways appointment are parasites?! Ok then
Holloway CONFIRMED on 23:10 - Nov 11 with 2806 viewsCiderwithRsie

For crying out loud, after all the people that we've had as manager in the last 10 years, the bloke who makes you flounce is Ian Holloway?

As a matter of principle I'd get behind the new manager if it was Satan and Donald Trump on a job-share, but in this particular case I struggle to think of anyone realistic I'd rather have. TBH I'm fearful of how it will work out, I will absolutely hate it if people turn on him (as I did when Waddock was sacked) but at least he starts with some goodwill - and God knows the new manager needs that - he knows Les, he loves the club, and his heart is in the right place.

God speed you, hooped emperor.
Login to get fewer ads

Holloway CONFIRMED on 23:12 - Nov 11 with 2801 views2Thomas2Bowles

Holloway CONFIRMED on 23:10 - Nov 11 by thame_hoops

So those who disagree with holloways appointment are parasites?! Ok then

You still here...

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Holloway CONFIRMED on 23:27 - Nov 11 with 2766 viewsPunteR

Holloway CONFIRMED on 22:06 - Nov 11 by Hunterhoop

Amen brother..

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Holloway CONFIRMED on 23:39 - Nov 11 with 2748 viewsPunteR

I know where your coming from Thame hoops, but I'd rather getter behind Holloway and try and make this work than try and knock the appointment. I'm not a fan of TF, maybe his heart is in the right place but the guy hasn't got any sort of long term plan and is just winging it. I've no idea if this will work, no one does, but if anyone deserves the fans support its Holloway.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Holloway CONFIRMED on 23:53 - Nov 11 with 2717 viewsMonahoop

He'll have everyone laughing at the club again.
I mean that two ways. Either we R's fans will be laughing or fans of other clubs will be laughing at us ..as usual!

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Holloway CONFIRMED on 23:54 - Nov 11 with 2717 viewslave16

Holloway CONFIRMED on 23:39 - Nov 11 by PunteR

I know where your coming from Thame hoops, but I'd rather getter behind Holloway and try and make this work than try and knock the appointment. I'm not a fan of TF, maybe his heart is in the right place but the guy hasn't got any sort of long term plan and is just winging it. I've no idea if this will work, no one does, but if anyone deserves the fans support its Holloway.

pros :- press conferences will be interesting
I can get me bird in the taxi t-shirt out again - if it still fits
He will motivate the players

cons :- his last recent record has not been great
tactics?

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

Holloway CONFIRMED on 23:55 - Nov 11 with 2714 viewsDeepcutHoop

Holloway CONFIRMED on 23:59 - Nov 11 with 2704 viewsFredManRave

Holloway CONFIRMED on 23:10 - Nov 11 by CiderwithRsie

For crying out loud, after all the people that we've had as manager in the last 10 years, the bloke who makes you flounce is Ian Holloway?

As a matter of principle I'd get behind the new manager if it was Satan and Donald Trump on a job-share, but in this particular case I struggle to think of anyone realistic I'd rather have. TBH I'm fearful of how it will work out, I will absolutely hate it if people turn on him (as I did when Waddock was sacked) but at least he starts with some goodwill - and God knows the new manager needs that - he knows Les, he loves the club, and his heart is in the right place.

God speed you, hooped emperor.

Really Rsie?! I mean yes we'd all get behind Satan. But Donald Trump?! I'm afraid you just went to far.

Agree with the rest of your post though.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Holloway CONFIRMED on 00:04 - Nov 12 with 2597 viewsCiderwithRsie

Holloway CONFIRMED on 23:59 - Nov 11 by FredManRave

Really Rsie?! I mean yes we'd all get behind Satan. But Donald Trump?! I'm afraid you just went to far.

Agree with the rest of your post though.

It was a toss-up between Trump and Mourinho TBH. Both big pals of corrupt Russians but The Donald has never been inside Stamford Bridge to my knowledge.
Holloway CONFIRMED on 08:39 - Nov 12 with 2481 viewsrobith

I want to be happy cos from the interview it's clear how much he cares, but it feels like a very regressive step. Like a TV or film reboot that just piles on references to the original desperately trying to please fans. I could accept it if it was short term but it seems it isn't.

I'll be there cheering and desperately wishing him the best, but my gut feeling is this is going to end in tears
Holloway CONFIRMED on 08:55 - Nov 12 with 2455 viewsDorse

Holloway CONFIRMED on 23:54 - Nov 11 by lave16

pros :- press conferences will be interesting
I can get me bird in the taxi t-shirt out again - if it still fits
He will motivate the players

cons :- his last recent record has not been great
tactics?

My 'Let's Have Coffee' cup gave up the ghost after years of service. Hopefully there will be a reboot for the new era.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Holloway CONFIRMED on 08:58 - Nov 12 with 2448 viewsisawqpratwcity

He's back?

Fukk me, the bloke must do more gardening than Capability Brown.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Holloway CONFIRMED on 09:27 - Nov 12 with 2411 viewskingsburyR

Regardless of your views of if this is a good appointment its nice to see Holloway, Ferdinand and Sinton back together.....happy memories!

QPR Stejskal, Bardsley, Wilson, Wilkins, Peacock, McDonald, Impey, Holloway, Ferdinand, Bailey, Sinton — subs Thompson(90), Maddix(unused), Roberts(unused)

What a team that was to watch. (bit young for the great 70's team). Line up for the first ever Monday Night Football on Sky. Sinton scored a screamer!!!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Holloway CONFIRMED on 09:39 - Nov 12 with 2393 viewsLancashirehoop

'It's our cave' polo shirt being washed as we speak.

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean we're not all against you.

Holloway CONFIRMED on 09:41 - Nov 12 with 2392 viewsCHUBBS

I'm surprised at some of the negative feeling toward Olly especially when you factor in the last few appointments which have been pretty unsuccessful.
I jokingly asked for his appointment a few weeks back thinking a temporary appointment would be what this club needed as the knives were out for JFH.
Never in a million years did i expect this to develop as it has but after seeing that interview i'm actually going to start going again,the man is absolutely infectious and represents everything i used to love about this club.
I know he had a torrid time at Milwall however he's had time to recover and reflect which is vital to his chances of success.
Personally i feel this is the best long term appointment TF has made since his arrival.
Come on you RRS
[Post edited 12 Nov 2016 9:42]
Holloway CONFIRMED on 10:23 - Nov 12 with 2321 viewsBlue_Castello

Struggle to understand the negativity at the moment when you look at the distinct lack of options available, searching for a new manager in November is always a tough job.
Think this to yourself who else was available who would have been a better choice and what chance did they have to succeed with our current squad and fans continuing high expectations.

I am actually looking forward to seeing Ollie back at the Rs like a number of people my biggest concern is I don't want him to fail. What he will bring is a massive amount of enthusiasm great motivation for the players and a love for the club that no other potential manager could offer.

The Championship is an incredibly tough division and I'm not expecting instant results but I am hoping for a more sensible selection process, players being played in there correct positions and when we're at home not being afraid to attack teams.

Whatever manager we select it's a gamble but at least with Ollie you get the passion and obvious desire to win, I can't help thinking that his time at Millwall should be written off, he inherited a poor squad and unfortunately couldn't dig them out of a hole that doesn't make him a bad manager.

Good luck Ollie I look forward to the Norwich game and I genuinely couldn't say that with JFH in charge.....onwards and sideways.......

Ps....Makes me laugh when somebody has a go at Fernandes for anything they don't like, surely since January 2015 not sure of exact dates, Hoos and Ferdinand have been running the club. They are responsible for the selection process of managers and once they have decided they get the board to rubber stamp their recommendation, thats the way it works surely.......Don't keep calling me Shirley......
[Post edited 12 Nov 2016 10:33]
Holloway CONFIRMED on 10:50 - Nov 12 with 2282 viewsLythamR

i think you could argue that its the only appointment that really makes sense

Holloway understands the core support of QPR,

Holloway has better course and distance credentials than any potentially available manager i can think of.

He knows Ferdinand and has worked with him previously

He is only 53, has vast experience had glories and disasters

he has been Skys main Championship pundit and as he says he probably knows more about championship teams and players currently than anyone else out there.

Given the above, who realistically would you have preferred?

Lets face it, it will probably go to shit at some point but thats the lot of most managers most seasons these days, hopefully because a good proportion of supporters have some love/respect for him he might just get the crowds backing for long enough to start making a difference.

Leave us your number so we can text you when Tony has gone, or maybe we wont
Holloway CONFIRMED on 11:01 - Nov 12 with 2263 viewsJamie

Gone by March imo but it'll certainly be interesting
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024