Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kevin Johns 13:00 - Apr 30 with 6259 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Not guilty verdict.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Kevin Johns on 23:15 - Apr 30 with 1134 viewsKeithHaynes

Kevin Johns on 23:03 - Apr 30 by Jack123

I have not followed the trial throughout, took a brief glimpse at the first days reporting and thought NO, I'm not going to read anymore.

But it's a joke, that they can take him to court, with basically one mans word against another's, with no actual evidence to back it up.

I feel sorry for him, although found not guilty I feel his life will never be the same again, many will look at him differently.

I think the police need to address the way they go about these cases, such has been said the reason they give the accused's name and the charges against him, is that they are putting that out there for other people to stand up and say yes he did that to me as well, says it all for me, nobody came forward.

They have should have dropped the case there and then, before it went to court, and put the accuser through intense interrogation.

What can the police do other than collect all the information and give it to the cps ?

I think as well interrogation isn’t something the police do, not in the U.K. anyway in these cases. It’s a carefully planned and managed approach with both the person making allegations and the victim with the same interview strategy. That’s how it works regardless of what people would make you believe.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Kevin Johns on 23:22 - Apr 30 with 1108 viewsmax936

Kevin Johns on 23:15 - Apr 30 by KeithHaynes

What can the police do other than collect all the information and give it to the cps ?

I think as well interrogation isn’t something the police do, not in the U.K. anyway in these cases. It’s a carefully planned and managed approach with both the person making allegations and the victim with the same interview strategy. That’s how it works regardless of what people would make you believe.

Massive mistakes were made in this case, seems obvious to me at least, all its achieved is ruin a decent mans reputation, unforgiveable by all concerned, the allegation the investigation and the CPS.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Kevin Johns on 23:28 - Apr 30 with 1093 viewsJack123

Kevin Johns on 23:15 - Apr 30 by KeithHaynes

Yes, Sorry I should have known that!! I have watched lots of episodes of 24 hours in police custody, and from what I have seen, it's ultimately the cps decision to prosecute.

libera nos a malo

Kevin Johns on 23:30 - Apr 30 with 1086 viewsKeithHaynes

Kevin Johns on 23:22 - Apr 30 by max936

Massive mistakes were made in this case, seems obvious to me at least, all its achieved is ruin a decent mans reputation, unforgiveable by all concerned, the allegation the investigation and the CPS.

I still think it’s better being tried in the U.K. than in most other countries. In France you are guilty until proven innocent as an example. I’m certain all acted in good faith bar maybe the decision making by the cps due to previous allegations like Rotherham etc.

I hope Kevin is smiling tonight and sleeping well with a huge weight lifted from his mind, it must have been horrendous. I can’t imagine.

Kevin Johns on 09:59 - May 1 with 941 viewscontroversial_jack

Kevin Johns on 23:30 - Apr 30 by KeithHaynes

I still think it’s better being tried in the U.K. than in most other countries. In France you are guilty until proven innocent as an example. I’m certain all acted in good faith bar maybe the decision making by the cps due to previous allegations like Rotherham etc.

I hope Kevin is smiling tonight and sleeping well with a huge weight lifted from his mind, it must have been horrendous. I can’t imagine.

Doesn't France have a non adversarial system where independent judges are appointed to examine the evidence in serious cases?
Kevin Johns on 10:14 - May 1 with 929 viewsKeithHaynes

Kevin Johns on 09:59 - May 1 by controversial_jack

Doesn't France have a non adversarial system where independent judges are appointed to examine the evidence in serious cases?

Depends on the case but the UK is adversarial, France is Inquisitorial in the main and depending on circumstances that’s the system. A lot of people think it’s just the judge who investigates the crime In France, which practically is impossible alone. He or she are assisted by the police to maximise evidence, but from my point of view they don’t investigate correctly, or have the correct mindset for non judgemental inquiries, hence my statement that Kevin will be more than happy to have been tried in the U.K.

Obviously not happy but you know what I mean.

Kevin Johns on 10:28 - May 1 with 911 viewsonehunglow

Kevin Johns on 10:14 - May 1 by KeithHaynes

Depends on the case but the UK is adversarial, France is Inquisitorial in the main and depending on circumstances that’s the system. A lot of people think it’s just the judge who investigates the crime In France, which practically is impossible alone. He or she are assisted by the police to maximise evidence, but from my point of view they don’t investigate correctly, or have the correct mindset for non judgemental inquiries, hence my statement that Kevin will be more than happy to have been tried in the U.K.

"happy to be tried " is not a phrase that is not ideal here .

The fact is he should not have been tried at all and that is where we fall down. The anonymous complainant has ruined a life whilst the named and publically crucified individual lies shattered and all the good wishes in the world from this site wont help him much in that regard.

I am in no way as anguine about justice as you are Keith,in this country.

Anyway,I wish you no disrespect as regards the foregoing.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Kevin Johns on 10:40 - May 1 with 910 viewsKeithHaynes

Kevin Johns on 10:28 - May 1 by onehunglow

"happy to be tried " is not a phrase that is not ideal here .

The fact is he should not have been tried at all and that is where we fall down. The anonymous complainant has ruined a life whilst the named and publically crucified individual lies shattered and all the good wishes in the world from this site wont help him much in that regard.

I am in no way as anguine about justice as you are Keith,in this country.

Anyway,I wish you no disrespect as regards the foregoing.

The events happened, the allegations were made, given the choice he would happily choose the UK.
Unhappily.

Login to get fewer ads

Kevin Johns on 14:04 - May 1 with 832 viewscontroversial_jack

Kevin Johns on 10:14 - May 1 by KeithHaynes

Thanks for the reply. We have a family friend who was accused of messing with a 15 year old girl. Her word against his,no evidence.It turned out that he had been having an affair with the girls mother. The mothers b/f was a police officer too, so , we can make what we want of that. He got 5 years, lost the lot, job, reputation , name in papers and so on.

Two years later, conviction quashed, free to go His parents had to find the money for the defence.Years later he's still waiting for compo. If his parents hadn't have stumped up the spondulicks he would have been in deep doo doo

Our justice system is far from perfect. There's a saying, " the doors of justice are open to all, but so are the Savoys."
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024