Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No Signings today = Disturbing or Not? 08:52 - Jul 21 with 10275 viewsPey

It's been almost two months we secured promotion to the PL.

Although I am happy we renewed contracts with Faurlin, Green and Hill and can understand we also have room for Zamora I think we should have assembled our squad more than we have up to now getting into pre season games.

Yes, we got Ferdinand which was on the cards for a long time, but Fernandes and Co stated in a Press conference they made two lists with targets for both scenarios either staying in the Championship or promoting to the PL ahead of the Wigan game.

Now I don't want us to pay over the top wages and make the same mistakes under the Hughes reign one would have expected we had done some business by now.
My choices were F. Campbell and G. Thorne.

Hoping we will sign Caulker and that Ajax striker today so they can start to gel with the squad and play games together.
The proces of gelling a team together must not be underestimated and is vital before the season starts, don't want to see a opening season again like Swansea at home where it looked players never played together before.

COYRrrrrss

No Signings today = Disturbing or Not? on 15:07 - Jul 21 with 2107 viewsA40Bosh

No Signings today = Disturbing or Not? on 14:59 - Jul 21 by Discodroid

start with the name calling old son, and may have to annhilate you in the comfort of your bath chair.

its true ive made some dire postings in the past, but that was embarrasing and you know it.

cad.

and I did exactly what you wanted me to do and what I should not have done and bit.

Shame on me for playing your stupid little games.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

No Signings today = Disturbing or Not? on 15:12 - Jul 21 with 2085 viewspaulparker

No Signings today = Disturbing or Not? on 15:01 - Jul 21 by bosh67

Not bothered really.

We need another striker and will get one before the season starts, probably this Ajax fellow or Hooper.
We could use another defender but have Ehmer fit (he's a monster) and Harriman getting better at fullback. So we have Simpson, Harriman, Dunne, Ehmer, Ferdinand, Ned, Hill, Yun, with Traore and Henry to fall back from midfield if needed to cover.
Ehmer can also play the holding midfielder role. It is his time. Unproven at PL level but undoubtedly physically well up to the job.
We needed another midfielder who can create and Granero is staying. So that is sorted.

Green, Barton, Ferdinand, Dunne, Hill, Zamora - all add experience through the spine and in the changing room.
Phillips, Hoilett and Traore can all fly past people on the flanks
Faurlin and Granero can create
Charlie, we know what Charlie can do. He'll be the next Lambert in the Prem.
[Post edited 21 Jul 2014 15:02]

we need at least 2 strikers , would be happy with Hooper & the Ajax bloke
Ehmer is not going to play , if HR would rather play luke young & Hughes in the championship , he isn't going to play Max in the Prem same as Harriman

Henry is not good enough nor is Granero
Faurlin will need a lot of time to get back and shouldn't be rushed either
Hoilett can not fly past anyone
Traore hit & miss, and Phillips is very injury prone
Charlie I agree on
Zamora is finished as a player

we need 4-5 players who can improve the squad, 2 strikers , 2 midfielders and a CB
if HR plays 3 at the back,

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

No Signings today = Disturbing or Not? on 15:19 - Jul 21 with 2071 viewsDiscodroid

No Signings today = Disturbing or Not? on 15:07 - Jul 21 by A40Bosh

and I did exactly what you wanted me to do and what I should not have done and bit.

Shame on me for playing your stupid little games.

thats not true bosh, in fact ive been complimentary about many of your threads and postings in the past, for my terrible sins i gave you a big heads up in poster of the year thread.

give us a cuddle you big softie.
[Post edited 21 Jul 2014 15:20]

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

No Signings today = Disturbing or Not? on 15:24 - Jul 21 with 2063 viewsPey

No Signings today = Disturbing or Not? on 14:04 - Jul 21 by Northernr

Is tomorrow too late then? Bloody hell. Random points to be assembled into a rant - and I'm not exactly known for defending the club!

- The successful play off final winner is always at a disadvantage. All other 19 clubs in the Premier League this season knew they would be in the Premier League this season weeks/months before us and could plan/start negotiations accordingly. Leicester have known since the start of March.

- Business is rarely done early in July in big numbers, we have this panic on this board every year, and the World Cup always delays things further.

- Burnley have made four signings. Matthew Gilks, Matthew Taylor, Steven Reid and Lucas Jutkiewicz. Would we rather have done that?

- West Brom have signed Craig Gardner , Chris Baird, Sebastien Pocognolim, Ideye Brow and Joleon Lescott while appointing Alan Irvine as manager and letting their best young midfield player leave for pittance. Irvine has alreayd pleaded for patience and time at a press conference and Lescott is now trying to leave just 28 days after arriving. Swap places?

- Aston Villa have no owner, no money, Paul Lambert as manager, a dreadful team to start with, and have signed Kieron Richardson, Joe Cole and Phillippe Senderos. Swap places?

- One of the biggest problems we had last time we rushing around signing loads of players, undoing the team spirit and trampling all over the players who'd worked hard to get us up in the first place. Things only started to improve when those players - Derr,y Hill, Mackie, Helguson - were brought back into the team and then went to cock all over again when they were taken out. Now we're moaning that we're not doing the same again? The team spirit has only just come back to something like where it should be.

- last season Crystal Palace signed so many players in the summer they couldn't fit them all in the 25 man squad. They started the season with nine defeats from 10 games and Holloway left. Tony PUlis came in, largely went back to the team that got them promoted in the first place, nearly won manager of the year.

- we have Phillips and Faurlin coming back, potentially Granero as well, all like new signings. We hardly picked YSY last season but he's in line for a start now, also like a new signing.

- There's still loads of time. Austin and Phillips both came in much later than this.

- Surely not being held to ransom is a good thing?

- Ferdinand and Caulker would be excellent signings, far better than anything the other teams we're going to be competing with this season have made.

So no, I won't find it disturbing if we don't sign a player on Monday July 21st.

Fair enough points made Clive for your statement (not Disturbing) although you sum up teams who didn't do business that set the world alight there are also teams like Newcastle (De Jong, Riviere, Janmaat), Hull (Snodgrass, Livermore, Ince) and especially West Ham (Valencia, Kouyate, Cresswell),who made good signings so far.

Also Southampton has to be mentioned separately cause they didn't have a manager (Koeman) while we were already high and dry promoted they managed business to sign Pelle and Tadic good players from the Dutch competition.

Our best start of a campaign in say the last 10 years was with Uncle Neil when we got our players in early and gelling of the team was already done ahead of the season not during the season.

No Panic here just a concern.
No Signings today = Disturbing or Not? on 15:27 - Jul 21 with 2050 viewsdaveB

No Signings today = Disturbing or Not? on 15:24 - Jul 21 by Pey

Fair enough points made Clive for your statement (not Disturbing) although you sum up teams who didn't do business that set the world alight there are also teams like Newcastle (De Jong, Riviere, Janmaat), Hull (Snodgrass, Livermore, Ince) and especially West Ham (Valencia, Kouyate, Cresswell),who made good signings so far.

Also Southampton has to be mentioned separately cause they didn't have a manager (Koeman) while we were already high and dry promoted they managed business to sign Pelle and Tadic good players from the Dutch competition.

Our best start of a campaign in say the last 10 years was with Uncle Neil when we got our players in early and gelling of the team was already done ahead of the season not during the season.

That season under Warnock we signed Adel and Orr a week before the season started and got in Smith and Hulse on deadline day, it's been years since we started a season with the side we wanted. You have to go back to the 90's for that
No Signings today = Disturbing or Not? on 16:21 - Jul 21 with 1992 viewsRangersAreBack

Signing the right players early is always going to be difficult when:

(a) You are promoted via the play-offs

(b) you are struggling to offload the usual suspects (Cesar, Adel, SWP, et al)

(c) you show potential signings around Harlington and Loftus Road

Let's be honest about this. At the moment what we have to offer is Premier League football, a London postcode and high wages. We are competing with clubs with recent Premier League pedigree that can show players around decent stadia, academies, and training facilities. Until we implement the same we are vulnerable to agents pushing players of suspect calibre or nearing the end of their careers. This is what makes TF's latest announcement on Warren Farm so disappointing.

Given the above constraints and our recent history of indulgence, it is only right we take our time to ensure we attract the right players at the right price. If this isn't possible then let's give the current crop a chance rather than destroy team spirit and inflate the debt by signing more expensive flops on long contracts.
No Signings today = Disturbing or Not? on 18:20 - Jul 21 with 1909 viewsQPR_John

No Signings today = Disturbing or Not? on 15:01 - Jul 21 by Discodroid

mate, are you a cyborg or a human being?.

0011100101010101010 binary code for stop stalking me.

you could possibly join a cult or tap a vein but im a private members club baby..

and your not coming in with that center parting
[Post edited 21 Jul 2014 15:04]

Just making the point that within this thread you have twice asked about whether any Premier League club was interested in Rio Ferdinand. Just seemed odd to me.

As an aside we spell it "centre" this side of the pond
[Post edited 21 Jul 2014 18:24]
No Signings today = Disturbing or Not? on 18:59 - Jul 21 with 1865 viewsTHEBUSH

No Signings today = Disturbing or Not? on 15:27 - Jul 21 by daveB

That season under Warnock we signed Adel and Orr a week before the season started and got in Smith and Hulse on deadline day, it's been years since we started a season with the side we wanted. You have to go back to the 90's for that

Very good point Dave, about the side we wanted and have to go back all those years.

I suppose it's more difficult these days to keep a settled side, as any decent players are snapped up by bigger clubs.
Login to get fewer ads

No Signings today = Disturbing or Not? on 22:02 - Jul 21 with 1780 viewsade_qpr

Being a bit far from the action so please pardon a bit of naivety.
Curious, yes by the sounds of it we missed out on some players but at what cost? In transfer fees and personal terms in regards to wages were they expensive? Also seem to be locked in negotiations with a couple more in regards to wages but no terms agreed and time seems to be dragging on decisions by Caulker and the Ajax striker.
With the signing it seems of Rio for 30 to 40 thousand are we learning not to be a pension fund or with adding the Warren Farm debate in, has the money started to dry up?
Bottom line are we being smart or looking for cheap options?

If a turtle doesn't have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

No Signings today = Disturbing or Not? on 22:33 - Jul 21 with 1731 viewsbosh67

No Signings today = Disturbing or Not? on 22:02 - Jul 21 by ade_qpr

Curious, yes by the sounds of it we missed out on some players but at what cost? In transfer fees and personal terms in regards to wages were they expensive? Also seem to be locked in negotiations with a couple more in regards to wages but no terms agreed and time seems to be dragging on decisions by Caulker and the Ajax striker.
With the signing it seems of Rio for 30 to 40 thousand are we learning not to be a pension fund or with adding the Warren Farm debate in, has the money started to dry up?

'Bottom line are we being smart or looking for cheap options?'

We are facing a £60m fine for daring to spend and pay wages in the Prem last time. Man City recently paid £50m without blinking for the same thing so I reckon we will have a budget of about £10-£12m to buy players with and that will include capped wages. Some of that will be offset by selling Remy so I don't think we will be called big spending QPR this time.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

No Signings today = Disturbing or Not? on 22:56 - Jul 21 with 1706 viewsLoft1979

No Signings today = Disturbing or Not? on 15:24 - Jul 21 by Pey

Also of note, the top 8 clubs as still jostling for marquee players which makes the other teams have to wait. QPR are still waiting for the proceeds from the Remy sale. Also seems Adel will not be back and Cesar?
- The fact we are willing to bid 8M for Caulker is a good sign.
No Signings today = Disturbing or Not? on 23:03 - Jul 21 with 1697 viewsNorthernr

No Signings today = Disturbing or Not? on 22:02 - Jul 21 by ade_qpr

"are we looking for cheap options"

QPR are newly promoted, have a dreadful recent reputation, have awful training facilities, and an outdated stadium. They have no chance of winning the league or the cups ext season.

The only reasons you'd join that club are:
- They've offered you tonnes of money. Stupid money.
- You're fcked. Physically. They're the only club stupid enough to give you a deal.
- You're young, up and coming, unproven, looking for a chance to make a name for yourself in the premier league at a club that will play you regularly in the first team.
- You've no better offer.

Last time we were in the Premier League we just ticked one and two over and over and over again. We've never ticked three. This time it seems we're going for four. hence, most of our business will be done at the end of the window again. Better than one and two, but not as good as three.

Caulker, for example, would be great, but is clearly waiting to see if he gets a better offer. If he doesn't, he'll come here, and he'll be brilliant for us. But we'll have to wait. That's the way it is.

Still, as Uncle Tony says, "why do we need a training ground like Tottenham or Southampton?"
No Signings today = Disturbing or Not? on 23:18 - Jul 21 with 1675 viewsTheBlob

Jesus H.Christ,we're all gonna die.
You've been told not to drink the tap water -it's full of prescription drugs.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

No Signings today = Disturbing or Not? on 01:15 - Jul 22 with 1621 viewsVancouverHoop

"The only reasons you'd join that club are:
- You're fcked. Physically. They're the only club stupid enough to give you a deal.
- You're young, up and coming, unproven, looking for a chance to make a name for yourself in the premier league at a club that will play you regularly in the first team.
- You've no better offer."

There is another category:

You've got bags of experience but still have something to prove, to yourself or others:

We've done reasonably well recently with players like that: Hill, Derry, Nelsen, Dunne, maybe Barton and, if he's to be believed, Ferdinand. It applies mainly to defenders, as their physical skills tend to deteriorate more slowly than forwards. Certainly you can't have a squad full of them but, as a core, they're important.
No Signings today = Disturbing or Not? on 07:34 - Jul 22 with 1585 viewsPommyhoop

Not disturbing just sadly predictable .And I said as much nearly 3 weeks back..
http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/116804/medel/#19

___''Anyone looking in will be pissing themselves at us talking about Medel ,Caulker ,Bradley etc.
Everyone knows we'll announce Rio in a couple of hoursbefore deadline then let Levi dump his shite on us at the last minute'' ___

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

No Signings today = Disturbing or Not? on 08:20 - Jul 22 with 1553 viewsDiscodroid

No Signings today = Disturbing or Not? on 18:20 - Jul 21 by QPR_John

Just making the point that within this thread you have twice asked about whether any Premier League club was interested in Rio Ferdinand. Just seemed odd to me.

As an aside we spell it "centre" this side of the pond
[Post edited 21 Jul 2014 18:24]

well done for picking up on my spelling you pedantic half man half human hybrid. ( t1000??)

let me guess do you sing layla by eric clapton at the christmas do , throwing your head back in a raucous climax in the style of an acca qualified accountant at the chorus only to discover everyones in a coma as a result of your singing, akin to being in the glare of a medusa ??

it seems odd to me yankie doogal, that you stalk / keep picking up the same point of my posts without ever answering it. im afraid yes! isnt enough this side of the pond lee van cleef.

enjoy fat camp buddy, and work those titties man!

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

No Signings today = Disturbing or Not? on 08:54 - Jul 22 with 1532 viewsJonDoeman

No Signings today = Disturbing or Not? on 07:34 - Jul 22 by Pommyhoop

Not disturbing just sadly predictable .And I said as much nearly 3 weeks back..
http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/116804/medel/#19

___''Anyone looking in will be pissing themselves at us talking about Medel ,Caulker ,Bradley etc.
Everyone knows we'll announce Rio in a couple of hoursbefore deadline then let Levi dump his shite on us at the last minute'' ___

So seeing as Caulker looks like signing, you've gone back over your previous posts to prove yourself wrong AGAIN!!

It Is What It Is !!

No Signings today = Disturbing or Not? on 09:19 - Jul 22 with 1506 viewsPommyhoop

No Signings today = Disturbing or Not? on 08:54 - Jul 22 by JonDoeman

So seeing as Caulker looks like signing, you've gone back over your previous posts to prove yourself wrong AGAIN!!

I hope I am wrong.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

No Signings today = Disturbing or Not? on 10:47 - Jul 22 with 1486 viewsQPR_John

No Signings today = Disturbing or Not? on 08:20 - Jul 22 by Discodroid

well done for picking up on my spelling you pedantic half man half human hybrid. ( t1000??)

let me guess do you sing layla by eric clapton at the christmas do , throwing your head back in a raucous climax in the style of an acca qualified accountant at the chorus only to discover everyones in a coma as a result of your singing, akin to being in the glare of a medusa ??

it seems odd to me yankie doogal, that you stalk / keep picking up the same point of my posts without ever answering it. im afraid yes! isnt enough this side of the pond lee van cleef.

enjoy fat camp buddy, and work those titties man!

It's life captain but not as we know it.
No Signings today = Disturbing or Not? on 11:10 - Jul 22 with 1455 viewsDiscodroid

No Signings today = Disturbing or Not? on 10:47 - Jul 22 by QPR_John

It's life captain but not as we know it.

hehehe
give us a cuddle you big daft bear you

No Signings today = Disturbing or Not? on 14:05 - Jul 22 with 1400 viewsdaveB

No Signings today = Disturbing or Not? on 23:03 - Jul 21 by Northernr

"are we looking for cheap options"

QPR are newly promoted, have a dreadful recent reputation, have awful training facilities, and an outdated stadium. They have no chance of winning the league or the cups ext season.

The only reasons you'd join that club are:
- You've no better offer.

Last time we were in the Premier League we just ticked one and two over and over and over again. We've never ticked three. This time it seems we're going for four. hence, most of our business will be done at the end of the window again. Better than one and two, but not as good as three.

Caulker, for example, would be great, but is clearly waiting to see if he gets a better offer. If he doesn't, he'll come here, and he'll be brilliant for us. But we'll have to wait. That's the way it is.

Still, as Uncle Tony says, "why do we need a training ground like Tottenham or Southampton?"

Add in option 5 Harry Redknapp factor for signing players.

I know many on here don't rate him but he is a big pull in getting players here as he has a good reputation and players want to work with him
No Signings today = Disturbing or Not? on 14:22 - Jul 22 with 1385 viewsRanger78

No Signings today = Disturbing or Not? on 14:05 - Jul 22 by daveB

Add in option 5 Harry Redknapp factor for signing players.

I know many on here don't rate him but he is a big pull in getting players here as he has a good reputation and players want to work with him

I've never been a HR fan but would be very happy with Caulker and can see the merits of the Rio signing....... It's fair to say that neither would be here if he wasn't our manager.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024