Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Prepare for the Longest Thread Ever! 23:16 - Jun 10 with 30222 viewsSuffolk

Bye, Bye Adel!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3119112/Adel-Taarabt-sign-Benf
Prepare for the Longest Thread Ever! on 08:08 - Jun 11 with 3721 viewskingsburyR

Cheers for 2011 and all but you left the season afterwards.

Wasted some of the best years of your footballing life because you're a lazy fu(ker with a seriously bad attitude.

Cya

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Prepare for the Longest Thread Ever! on 08:13 - Jun 11 with 3704 viewsToast_R

Should we qualify come what May, will he be eledgible for the Playoffs?
Prepare for the Longest Thread Ever! on 08:14 - Jun 11 with 3704 viewsJonDoeman

A free transfer to decent club, now watch his 'injury problems' miraculously disappear, he might even train a bit ! A few tear stained fanboy pillows tonight!

Good riddance.

It Is What It Is !!

Prepare for the Longest Thread Ever! on 08:21 - Jun 11 with 3685 viewsGetMeRangers

Sad the way it has ended but as a 49 yr old he will give me some of the most wonderful memories I will have of watching a QPR player. The only one I have felt was worth the admission price alone.

I do hope he manages to recapture that form with another club and sort out his head, for the sake of those who relish seeing such players
Prepare for the Longest Thread Ever! on 08:25 - Jun 11 with 3676 viewsmcqpr10

Brilliant talent, awful attitude. Despite treating the club with contempt I actually hope he does well at benfica. Forget the strops, I would far prefer to watch him play at Loftus road than model pro Karl henry. Ridiculous skills.
Prepare for the Longest Thread Ever! on 08:27 - Jun 11 with 3669 viewsderbyhoop

What a waist.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Prepare for the Longest Thread Ever! on 08:28 - Jun 11 with 3659 viewslondonscottish

Prepare for the Longest Thread Ever! on 07:51 - Jun 11 by ElHoop

The sad thing is that whatever your view on him, you are right. He's a brilliant, useless, entertaining, boring, lazy, fat-arsed, inspirational, liability, genial, disappointing, memorable idiot.

Nailed it in one post :-)

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Prepare for the Longest Thread Ever! on 08:40 - Jun 11 with 3609 viewsDiscodroids

Adel..What if ?

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Login to get fewer ads

Prepare for the Longest Thread Ever! on 08:40 - Jun 11 with 3616 viewsSuffolk

The story is not picking up pace in the media. The Daily Mail could be wrong for once.
Prepare for the Longest Thread Ever! on 08:42 - Jun 11 with 3609 viewsSuffolk

Prepare for the Longest Thread Ever! on 08:27 - Jun 11 by derbyhoop

What a waist.

I only spotted it on a second reading. Well done.
Prepare for the Longest Thread Ever! on 08:44 - Jun 11 with 3602 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Thanks for that 1 season mate.

Worth the £500+ quid just to see it.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Prepare for the Longest Thread Ever! on 08:44 - Jun 11 with 3597 viewsGloucs_R

Good luck to him. He was brilliant when he wanted to be but a complete dick other times.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Prepare for the Longest Thread Ever! on 08:58 - Jun 11 with 3561 viewsJamie

Prepare for the Longest Thread Ever! on 04:27 - Jun 11 by QPR_ARG

Those responsible at QPR for a long time, who have been unable to manage this incredibly talented player, have left us in the Second Division while he goes and sign for a giant of a club and plays in the Champions League.

He's done it before. He'll do it again. Hopefully he'll find a better environment for a player of his quality (even if he's a difficult character) because no matter what happened off the pitch, I will forever be grateful to him for making me live my happiest times as a QPR supporter.

I'll watch every Benfica match from now on.

PS: I can't believe we will get nothing from his transfer. What a waste of our resources!

Embarrassing. Even by your standards.

A waste of the clubs resources was paying him £3m a year to sit down the Shisha Bar.
Prepare for the Longest Thread Ever! on 09:21 - Jun 11 with 3494 viewsheadhoops

For one season only Adel was 'the' man - sadly he's become a legend in his own mind. I would like to think he could capture his best once more but I suspect Benfica will get more petulance than performance. A wasted talent.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

Prepare for the Longest Thread Ever! on 09:25 - Jun 11 with 3480 viewsNortholt_Rs

Prepare for the Longest Thread Ever! on 00:09 - Jun 11 by Seth_Gecko

Glad to see the back of him.

#WRONGSORT

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Prepare for the Longest Thread Ever! on 09:30 - Jun 11 with 3262 viewsDiscodroids

Sick Boy: It's certainly a phenomenon in all walks of life.
Renton: What do you mean?..

Sick Boy: Well, at one time, you've got it, and then you lose it, and it's gone forever. All walks of life: George Best, for example. Had it, lost it. Or David Bowie, or Lou Reed...
Renton: Some of his solo stuff's not bad.

Sick Boy: No, it's not bad, but it's not great either. And in your heart you kind of know that although it sounds all right, it's actually just shite.
Renton: So who else?

Sick Boy: Charlie Nicholas, David Niven, Malcolm McLaren, Elvis Presley... Renton: OK, OK, so what's the point you're trying to make?

Sick Boy: All I'm trying to do is help you understand that The Name of The Rose is merely a blip on an otherwise uninterrupted downward trajectory.
Renton: What about The Untouchables?

Sick Boy: I don't rate that at all.
Renton: Despite the Academy Award?
Sick Boy: That means fu.ck all. Its a sympathy vote.
Renton: Right. So we all get old and then we can't hack it anymore. Is that it?
Sick Boy: Yeah.
Renton: That's your theory?

Sick Boy: Yeah. Beautifully fu.cking illustrated.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Prepare for the Longest Thread Ever! on 09:43 - Jun 11 with 3218 viewstimcocking

Damn. A bonafide football genius, doubt i'll ever see a player that talented (or fat) play for QPR again.

Damn.
Prepare for the Longest Thread Ever! on 09:48 - Jun 11 with 3212 viewsMonahoop

I don't like comparing players to others, but in 2010/11 season I thought Taarabt was going to be the next Stan Bowles. Skill, flare, some good goals. But unlike Stan he switched off. He was a one man ,one season show and his only ruination it seems is himself. I wish he had gone a while back. But now he has gone, let's move on. There will be more potential heroes in the future and maybe someone better, who knows.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Prepare for the Longest Thread Ever! on 09:55 - Jun 11 with 3165 viewsTheBlob

Prepare for the Longest Thread Ever! on 09:48 - Jun 11 by Monahoop

I don't like comparing players to others, but in 2010/11 season I thought Taarabt was going to be the next Stan Bowles. Skill, flare, some good goals. But unlike Stan he switched off. He was a one man ,one season show and his only ruination it seems is himself. I wish he had gone a while back. But now he has gone, let's move on. There will be more potential heroes in the future and maybe someone better, who knows.

What might have been eh?Stan had a personal mentor in Gordon Jago and Adel had Warnock,but as you say Adel switched off when the inspiring influence left.Rather than Stan he could end up being the new Robin Friday.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Prepare for the Longest Thread Ever! on 10:01 - Jun 11 with 3138 viewsadhoc_qpr

Shame Redknapp stuck around so long, if he'd gone after the playoff final, a new manager might have managed to bring Taarabt onside.

Best for everyone to move on now, we don't need the wage burden and Ramsey clearly isn't the type to indulge lazy but talented players.

Interesting to see how he does, he managed to get himself fit and firing for Milan, maybe he'll do the same here.
Prepare for the Longest Thread Ever! on 10:02 - Jun 11 with 3132 viewsQPRski

Prepare for the Longest Thread Ever! on 08:25 - Jun 11 by mcqpr10

Brilliant talent, awful attitude. Despite treating the club with contempt I actually hope he does well at benfica. Forget the strops, I would far prefer to watch him play at Loftus road than model pro Karl henry. Ridiculous skills.

"Brilliant talent, awful attitude" - how very true!

Hindsight is a wonderful gift! It is a great pity for all (Adel and the Club) that we did not sell him after our 2011-2011. He was then valued at GBP 15M and I think that it would have been beneficial for both parties. However, had we done that, I am sure that there would have been a meltdown on the forums.

Adel is an unfilled potential and it is very sad. However, I will always fondly remember his contribution in that promotion winning side. But it is time for both parties to move on and progress. I will follow his progress with interest.
[Post edited 11 Jun 2015 10:05]
Prepare for the Longest Thread Ever! on 10:07 - Jun 11 with 3103 views1MoreBrightonR

Prepare for the Longest Thread Ever! on 10:01 - Jun 11 by adhoc_qpr

Shame Redknapp stuck around so long, if he'd gone after the playoff final, a new manager might have managed to bring Taarabt onside.

Best for everyone to move on now, we don't need the wage burden and Ramsey clearly isn't the type to indulge lazy but talented players.

Interesting to see how he does, he managed to get himself fit and firing for Milan, maybe he'll do the same here.

Not sure I buy in to this being Redknapp's fault....Adel has been at the club under 4 or 5 different managers now and at times he has had problems with every one of them.
Prepare for the Longest Thread Ever! on 10:13 - Jun 11 with 3069 viewsMvpeter

Prepare for the Longest Thread Ever! on 10:07 - Jun 11 by 1MoreBrightonR

Not sure I buy in to this being Redknapp's fault....Adel has been at the club under 4 or 5 different managers now and at times he has had problems with every one of them.

This myth, the one where he didn't play well after the championship season and the ridiculous claim that he said his time at qpr was a waste of time just will not die.

Treated truly awfully by Redknapp to deflect from his own failings repeatedly for 2 years but didn't take advantage when he left. Real shame.

Poll: Who should be our left back?

Prepare for the Longest Thread Ever! on 10:21 - Jun 11 with 3044 viewsozexile

I think Warnock said it perfectly on the podcast. Allegedly he said to Adel words to the effect of " when I leave this club,that's the end of your career". Pretty accurate.
Prepare for the Longest Thread Ever! on 10:25 - Jun 11 with 3036 viewsstevec

Having been fortunate enough to watch Stan Bowles cutting it for years at the top level I feel I should inform you what an imposter Taraabt is.

He was not good enough for the Prem, hence the constant sulks, the inability to train, anything to maintain the perception of a misunderstood genius that so many have bought into.

He is a very good 2nd Division footballer, that is it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024