Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Prepare for the Longest Thread Ever! 23:16 - Jun 10 with 30063 viewsSuffolk

Bye, Bye Adel!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3119112/Adel-Taarabt-sign-Benf
Prepare for the Longest Thread Ever! on 10:53 - Jun 11 with 3548 viewsA40Bosh

Prepare for the Longest Thread Ever! on 10:25 - Jun 11 by stevec

Having been fortunate enough to watch Stan Bowles cutting it for years at the top level I feel I should inform you what an imposter Taraabt is.

He was not good enough for the Prem, hence the constant sulks, the inability to train, anything to maintain the perception of a misunderstood genius that so many have bought into.

He is a very good 2nd Division footballer, that is it.

Agree with Jamie sentiments (sorry QPR_ARG) and Steve C.

IF and let's face it it's a BIG if, Adel goes to Benfica and is a long term hit, then it proves he is a bigger coont that some thought he was.

He got booted out of Spurs and then had one decent season in the Championship for us when, in fairness, he did tear most teams a new on many occasions, but in his own mind he thought he should be playing for Barcelona and therefore I attribute his lack of effort and constant "injuries" being solely down to his total and utter lack of respect for Queens Park Rangers football club, because as we are not a Barcelona, an Arsenal, a Real Madrid, an Internationale or a Benfica, he thought he was too good for us and we were beneath him and he could not be bothered and thought he would sit around waiting for the big boys to come and get him.

When some on here complain that the club could not cope with him, it reminds me of parents who come in and slate a school because they cannot handle the really naughty kids - but at what point do you say - fcuk it, its not our job to spend all our efforts, year in year out looking after one spoilt brat troublemaker, we have to concentrate some time on teaching those that want to be here and want to learn and reward those who are willing to knuckle down and learn.

Get rid of Mr Billy Big Balls and let him go and feast on Piri Piri Chicken at someone else's expense.

Fook off and good riddance.
[Post edited 11 Jun 2015 10:54]

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Prepare for the Longest Thread Ever! on 10:56 - Jun 11 with 3530 viewsadhoc_qpr

Having been fortunate enough to watch Stan Bowles cutting it for years at the top level I feel I should inform you what an imposter Taraabt is.

He was not good enough for the Prem, hence the constant sulks, the inability to train, anything to maintain the perception of a misunderstood genius that so many have bought into.

Rubbish.

He played plenty of good games in the prem, even as recently as the Burnley and West Ham games this year.

I also remember him ripping Fulham to shreds and having a stormer against Newcastle (even though we drew).

Getting him fit and motivated was a challlenge, but i don't think he is anymore lazy on the pitch than Leroy Fer.
Prepare for the Longest Thread Ever! on 10:56 - Jun 11 with 3530 viewsRangers67

Prepare for the Longest Thread Ever! on 23:39 - Jun 10 by baz_qpr

Don't care what anyone says I'm 41 years old and Adel was the most skilful and entertaining footballer I've seen down at rangers and we will always hark back to that 2011 campaign. A total waste sadly !

I unfortunately am a bit older and remember seeing Rodney, Stan, Roy W and John Byrne playing. For me Adel compares to these guys in skill but not maybe application. We at Rangers have been blessed over the years to have more than our share of " mavericks" which I personally like. I would much rather watch Adel destroy teams single handed than watch a Jordan Mutch or similar. Having said that he does appear to have an attitude problem which is sad for both him and us. Sadly I think he may look back at his time with us and have regrets . I realise some of the guys on here don,t like him but I wish him all the luck in the world, purely because he was one of the few players in recent years who was worth the entrance money on his own. Great player 1
Prepare for the Longest Thread Ever! on 10:57 - Jun 11 with 3528 viewsdaveB

don't think anyone is saying he is as good as Bowles but looked like he might be heading that way a few years back, Bowles himself said he was the best player he'd seen for years and only came to games to watch Adel play.

Always thought he was excellent in the prem for 18 months. When Redknapp camein he did similar to Warnock, built the team around him and gave him a run in the side. Sadly Redknapp was known to change his mind quickly and after the missed pen against Norwich he decided he wanted to build the team around Zamora and Remy instead and Adel has not been the same since.

I think to say he was only good in the championship is very unfair.
Prepare for the Longest Thread Ever! on 11:00 - Jun 11 with 3512 viewsizlingtonhoop

Prepare for the Longest Thread Ever! on 08:27 - Jun 11 by derbyhoop

What a waist.

Gonna call Spack on that, see post 24!
Prepare for the Longest Thread Ever! on 11:04 - Jun 11 with 3498 viewsA40Bosh

Prepare for the Longest Thread Ever! on 10:56 - Jun 11 by Rangers67

I unfortunately am a bit older and remember seeing Rodney, Stan, Roy W and John Byrne playing. For me Adel compares to these guys in skill but not maybe application. We at Rangers have been blessed over the years to have more than our share of " mavericks" which I personally like. I would much rather watch Adel destroy teams single handed than watch a Jordan Mutch or similar. Having said that he does appear to have an attitude problem which is sad for both him and us. Sadly I think he may look back at his time with us and have regrets . I realise some of the guys on here don,t like him but I wish him all the luck in the world, purely because he was one of the few players in recent years who was worth the entrance money on his own. Great player 1

Compare Adel and Charlie Austin

Austin grabbed his opportunity with both hands.
He performed in the Championship, stepped up again in the Premier League and banged in 18 goals, got all the awards and if he moves to a top half or at least a mid table Premier League club now then no one on here can blame him for wanting to go on to big and better things.

Has nothing of the talent that Adel has, but came in and worked his arse off and did his job consistently.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Prepare for the Longest Thread Ever! on 11:13 - Jun 11 with 3465 viewsA40Bosh

Prepare for the Longest Thread Ever! on 10:57 - Jun 11 by daveB

don't think anyone is saying he is as good as Bowles but looked like he might be heading that way a few years back, Bowles himself said he was the best player he'd seen for years and only came to games to watch Adel play.

Always thought he was excellent in the prem for 18 months. When Redknapp camein he did similar to Warnock, built the team around him and gave him a run in the side. Sadly Redknapp was known to change his mind quickly and after the missed pen against Norwich he decided he wanted to build the team around Zamora and Remy instead and Adel has not been the same since.

"I think to say he was only good in the championship is very unfair"

I can't see any justification in that sentiment.
He did not perform well on a consistent basis at any point during our 3 Premier League seasons since he was here. the odd flash here and there.

If the counter argument was that he was not given a chance then that only proves that successive managers and coaches did not think he warranted yet another chance due to his attitude. If he was that good then he would have played way more games in the Premier League than he ever did. I do except that he might have been prone to some injury but he didn't have to mental capacity to respond to it and get himself back in to shape and contention a la Ale Faurlin or Richard Dunne.

Paul McGrath was famed for not training during the week, spending half the week in the pub and then getting picked to play on a Saturday - but that was because he had proven himself over a number of years beforehand, when he put the effort in and by the time his knees were shot he had nothing left to prove. Adel wanted to be treated like an Emperor from day one.

Prepare for the Longest Thread Ever! on 11:31 - Jun 11 with 3392 viewsdaveB

Prepare for the Longest Thread Ever! on 11:13 - Jun 11 by A40Bosh

"I think to say he was only good in the championship is very unfair"

I can't see any justification in that sentiment.
He did not perform well on a consistent basis at any point during our 3 Premier League seasons since he was here. the odd flash here and there.

If the counter argument was that he was not given a chance then that only proves that successive managers and coaches did not think he warranted yet another chance due to his attitude. If he was that good then he would have played way more games in the Premier League than he ever did. I do except that he might have been prone to some injury but he didn't have to mental capacity to respond to it and get himself back in to shape and contention a la Ale Faurlin or Richard Dunne.

Paul McGrath was famed for not training during the week, spending half the week in the pub and then getting picked to play on a Saturday - but that was because he had proven himself over a number of years beforehand, when he put the effort in and by the time his knees were shot he had nothing left to prove. Adel wanted to be treated like an Emperor from day one.

He had plenty of good games in the prem, in the first year he was excellent from when Warnock brought him back against Man Utd, in the next few games he was our best player during Hughes spell when we won 5 home games in a row he was outstanding on the left wing, he was on a one man mission to win the game against Stoke.

Following year when he returned to the side against West Ham he was again our best and only decent player for several months until he missed a penalty and was dropped. Against Fulham, Chelsea and Spurs he was a different class that season.

Wouldn't suggest he was brilliant in the prem or that he did it every week but i find it baffling that he gets no credit at all for some very good performances in the prem.

I should add i have no sympathy for him for the last two years where he has acted like a prat
[Post edited 11 Jun 2015 11:33]
Login to get fewer ads

Prepare for the Longest Thread Ever! on 11:33 - Jun 11 with 3378 viewsWokingR

Prepare for the Longest Thread Ever! on 11:41 - Jun 11 with 3348 viewswombat

Prepare for the Longest Thread Ever! on 11:33 - Jun 11 by WokingR

Gutted , and he contributed more in the prem that arsewipe SWP ever did

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Prepare for the Longest Thread Ever! on 12:00 - Jun 11 with 3308 viewsSomersetHoops

I think the special treatment Taarabt received was the start of the most caustic attitude amongst the players. Instead of buckling down after our promotion under Warnock and recognising that he was only one of a number of undeservedly highly rated players and could no longer expect to be treated like a spoilt baby once we were in the prem., he let himself go and degraded his ability. He may as well have gone then for all the use he has been. He only wants to work when he is at a level where its easy for him to shine and once it got hard he gave up. Perhaps the opposition he will face while at Benfica will be second rate and allow him to shine again if their manager will indulge him as Warnock did, but otherwise he needs to use the money he has stolen from QPR wisely because he won't ever be worth that again.

Who's Next?

Prepare for the Longest Thread Ever! on 12:12 - Jun 11 with 3274 viewslionboy

Prepare for the Longest Thread Ever! on 07:51 - Jun 11 by ElHoop

The sad thing is that whatever your view on him, you are right. He's a brilliant, useless, entertaining, boring, lazy, fat-arsed, inspirational, liability, genial, disappointing, memorable idiot.

afraid that we will never see a player of his caliber again - the club's repeated failure to manage him and harness his talents properly neatly sums up what has gone wrong at this club, and the failure of some fans to appreciate him also neatly sums up what is wrong with us/ them
Prepare for the Longest Thread Ever! on 12:18 - Jun 11 with 3253 viewsloftboy

Scored more "goals of the season " in one year than my entire 37 years of watching live football. Unfortunately it's more than time for him to go.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Prepare for the Longest Thread Ever! on 12:19 - Jun 11 with 3239 viewsSpiritofGregory

Good riddance.
Prepare for the Longest Thread Ever! on 13:00 - Jun 11 with 3161 viewsAntti_Heinola

Prepare for the Longest Thread Ever! on 08:14 - Jun 11 by JonDoeman

A free transfer to decent club, now watch his 'injury problems' miraculously disappear, he might even train a bit ! A few tear stained fanboy pillows tonight!

Good riddance.

Christ you can be an irritating little git when you want to be, Jon.

i imagine you've had to hang your own pillow on the washing line every morning since late January? Have you got over Uncle Harry moving on yet?

Bare bones.

Prepare for the Longest Thread Ever! on 13:06 - Jun 11 with 3140 viewsQPunkR

Prepare for the Longest Thread Ever! on 12:19 - Jun 11 by SpiritofGregory

Good riddance.

Yeah, alls we need is a team made up of Bobby Zs, Shite Phillipses and Jordon Mutches.

I mean, who wants to spend £500 and up to be *entertained*??!
No, much rather sit another boring 90mins of pass the ball sideways.

(that was all sarcasm btw) I for one will miss Tarbs and what he can bring to a game. I will cherish the memories of him absolutely skinning opposition defenders and scoring about 10 goals of the season in one beautiful season.

QPR - "shit but local"

Prepare for the Longest Thread Ever! on 13:12 - Jun 11 with 3125 viewsA40Bosh

Prepare for the Longest Thread Ever! on 12:12 - Jun 11 by lionboy

afraid that we will never see a player of his caliber again - the club's repeated failure to manage him and harness his talents properly neatly sums up what has gone wrong at this club, and the failure of some fans to appreciate him also neatly sums up what is wrong with us/ them

the club's repeated failure to manage him and harness his talents properly neatly sums up what has gone wrong at this club

I will say it again LionBoy, at some point there has got to come a point where a person has to take personal responsibility for their actions and my question again is just how far are successive management teams supposed to go to "manage" someone who does not appear to respond to management, be it encouragement, pampering, tough talking, isolation etc etc without the constant leniency and perceived favoritism having a negative effect on the other "professionals" at the club.

Prepare for the Longest Thread Ever! on 13:14 - Jun 11 with 3121 viewsbaz_qpr

Prepare for the Longest Thread Ever! on 10:57 - Jun 11 by daveB

Bang on - Great in the promotion season, had his head turned by the overt PSG interest and then withdrawal. Got back on it to help save the season. Always did well under Hughes and then thrown to the wolves by redknapp who was never going to play him. Showed at Milan he could cut it at the top level but not good enough for little old QPR where junior Hoilett and Karl Henry were considered to be better choices as we were relegated
Prepare for the Longest Thread Ever! on 13:55 - Jun 11 with 3059 viewsClive_Anderson

Never trained well but always did well whenever he got on the pitch. Warnock realised that and played him every week winning the league, but it never occurred to the dopey tw@ts we've had since. Even SWP got a chance to wave to the Man City crowd as we got stuffed 6-0 and relegated.

Would tear up the league again next season if he ever got to play.

Going to watch a couple of Benfica away games next season I think.
Prepare for the Longest Thread Ever! on 14:11 - Jun 11 with 3032 viewsBluce_Ree

Not arsed. F*ck him.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Prepare for the Longest Thread Ever! on 14:14 - Jun 11 with 3024 viewsSimonJames

For the last 2 years, in equal measures, wasted and a waste of space.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Prepare for the Longest Thread Ever! on 16:01 - Jun 11 with 2932 viewswombat

Prepare for the Longest Thread Ever! on 14:14 - Jun 11 by SimonJames

For the last 2 years, in equal measures, wasted and a waste of space.

never quite worked out last season , was told on numerous occasions adels knuckled down and was in contention for the following weekends squad and either didnt make it or made the bench, with maybe a 2 minutes appearance at the end when the game was gone

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Prepare for the Longest Thread Ever! on 16:30 - Jun 11 with 2890 viewsClive_Anderson

Prepare for the Longest Thread Ever! on 11:04 - Jun 11 by A40Bosh

Compare Adel and Charlie Austin

Austin grabbed his opportunity with both hands.
He performed in the Championship, stepped up again in the Premier League and banged in 18 goals, got all the awards and if he moves to a top half or at least a mid table Premier League club now then no one on here can blame him for wanting to go on to big and better things.

Has nothing of the talent that Adel has, but came in and worked his arse off and did his job consistently.

Great, so when we have a squad full of players as good as Charlie Austin then we can get rid of the ones that don't measure up.

As it happens we finished rock bottom as the rest were a complete bag of shite and Austin is almost certainly not going to be at the club next season anyway.
Prepare for the Longest Thread Ever! on 16:38 - Jun 11 with 2871 viewsJamie

Prepare for the Longest Thread Ever! on 13:55 - Jun 11 by Clive_Anderson

Never trained well but always did well whenever he got on the pitch. Warnock realised that and played him every week winning the league, but it never occurred to the dopey tw@ts we've had since. Even SWP got a chance to wave to the Man City crowd as we got stuffed 6-0 and relegated.

Would tear up the league again next season if he ever got to play.

Going to watch a couple of Benfica away games next season I think.

He might well tear up the Championship. Unfortunately, he 'doesn't do the championship' so no chance of seeing that.
Prepare for the Longest Thread Ever! on 16:45 - Jun 11 with 2860 viewsClive_Anderson

Prepare for the Longest Thread Ever! on 16:38 - Jun 11 by Jamie

He might well tear up the Championship. Unfortunately, he 'doesn't do the championship' so no chance of seeing that.

Did he ever actually refuse to play?

The times he was in a strop seemed to be when he never got in the team. Redknapp kept saying he'd get a chance and then picked Hoilett and SWP instead.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024