Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hypothetical 21:31 - May 14 with 3019 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Imagine QPR are in Spurs shoes tonight, and Chelsea are in Arsenal's.

What result you wanting?
Hypothetical on 21:43 - May 14 with 1993 viewsslmrstid

I go to QPR to watch them win, I couldn't care less about anyone else, losing makes me grumpy and anyone wanting their own team to lose is a bit weird.
Hypothetical on 21:55 - May 14 with 1940 viewsEsox_Lucius

It just goes to show that all you need to win the EPL is a player that costs around £75m+ in every position, including subs. Who knew it was that simple.

The grass is always greener.

Hypothetical on 21:57 - May 14 with 1930 viewscolinallcars

Hypothetical on 21:43 - May 14 by slmrstid

I go to QPR to watch them win, I couldn't care less about anyone else, losing makes me grumpy and anyone wanting their own team to lose is a bit weird.

I'm inclined to agree.
Hypothetical on 21:57 - May 14 with 1928 viewsNoDiddley

Hypothetical on 21:43 - May 14 by slmrstid

Definitely lose rather them knuts up the road win the title, especially when you’re in seasons over position.
Hypothetical on 21:57 - May 14 with 1923 viewsHayesender

I certainly wouldn't be doing the posnan like those couple of spurs fans after City went one up. Premier league is just full of plastic tossers

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Hypothetical on 21:58 - May 14 with 1905 viewsHayesender

Hypothetical on 21:57 - May 14 by NoDiddley

Definitely lose rather them knuts up the road win the title, especially when you’re in seasons over position.

But spurs season wasn't over. They still had a chance to qualify for the champions league

Hypothetical on 22:06 - May 14 with 1853 viewsLandshark

Hypothetical on 21:58 - May 14 by Hayesender

But spurs season wasn't over. They still had a chance to qualify for the champions league

A very slim chance. To get 4th they need to beat the best team in Europe and hope Villa lose on the weekend.
Hypothetical on 22:06 - May 14 with 1853 viewsLowerloftLad

Tottenham fans will take that failure to beat a top side as a victory.

Tottenham as a "big club" haven't won anything of note for 16 years and that's going to continue for another 16 years so I say let them have it.
[Post edited 14 May 22:06]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Login to get fewer ads

Hypothetical on 22:06 - May 14 with 1851 viewsPhilmyRs

Always play to win. You never know when we’ll need a favour ourselves. That said, nothing wrong with a bit gloating following defeat.
Hypothetical on 22:07 - May 14 with 1828 viewsted_hendrix

These results are predictable--tedious--ridiculously boring.

It'll be the same outcome and result this time next year and a pundit In a studio somewhere will have multiple organs.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Hypothetical on 22:08 - May 14 with 1820 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Hypothetical on 22:06 - May 14 by PhilmyRs

Always play to win. You never know when we’ll need a favour ourselves. That said, nothing wrong with a bit gloating following defeat.

Where I am.

Go for the win, but take joy wherever you can.
Hypothetical on 22:11 - May 14 with 1785 viewsPaddyhoops

Citeh have won another leauge title. It’s as boring and predictable as F1. Two jewels in the crown for SKY and they might as well announce the winner before the season starts.
On the thread issue Rangers every time.
Hypothetical on 22:12 - May 14 with 1778 viewsNorthernr

One I don't really remember the chat around because I was too young, but when Blackburn won the league they did it despite Liverpool beating them on the last day and only because Miklosko had a worldie for West Ham against Man Utd. Shouldn't Liverpool have been in proper roll over and die mode for King Kenny?
Hypothetical on 22:18 - May 14 with 1741 viewsthame_hoops

I couldn’t believe what I was seeing. I think deep down Spurs fans wanted to win, Champions League football still a possibility especially as Villa had a tricky game at Palace at the weekend. Once the second goal went in, I think the Spurs fans just played up to it a bit.
Hypothetical on 22:19 - May 14 with 1737 viewsHayesender

Hypothetical on 22:12 - May 14 by Northernr

One I don't really remember the chat around because I was too young, but when Blackburn won the league they did it despite Liverpool beating them on the last day and only because Miklosko had a worldie for West Ham against Man Utd. Shouldn't Liverpool have been in proper roll over and die mode for King Kenny?

They were, but Blackburn really bottled it. The Liverpool players and fans look almost ashamed to celebrate the winning goal. Blackburn got extremely lucky that day.

On another note, part of me is still peed off we didn't hold out at man City in 2012. I care about QPR. I don't really give a toss what the rest of em do

Hypothetical on 22:20 - May 14 with 1729 viewsNorthernr

Hypothetical on 22:19 - May 14 by Hayesender

They were, but Blackburn really bottled it. The Liverpool players and fans look almost ashamed to celebrate the winning goal. Blackburn got extremely lucky that day.

On another note, part of me is still peed off we didn't hold out at man City in 2012. I care about QPR. I don't really give a toss what the rest of em do

Nah that's the one and only example where I was delighted to see us concede, but I have a raw, raw passionate hatred of Man Utd. My younger brother says he enjoys Man Utd losing more than he does QPR winning
Hypothetical on 22:21 - May 14 with 1723 viewsHayesender

Calm down city fans. You might drop your popcorn

Hypothetical on 22:24 - May 14 with 1702 viewsHayesender

Hypothetical on 22:20 - May 14 by Northernr

Nah that's the one and only example where I was delighted to see us concede, but I have a raw, raw passionate hatred of Man Utd. My younger brother says he enjoys Man Utd losing more than he does QPR winning

I think it's the amount of times "that goal" has been shoved down our throats over the last 12 years

Hypothetical on 22:37 - May 14 with 1651 viewsManinBlack

Hypothetical on 22:24 - May 14 by Hayesender

I think it's the amount of times "that goal" has been shoved down our throats over the last 12 years

Exactly this. I am sick of seeing and hearing about it to the point I feel the same now about City as United, Liverpool and Chelsea in equal measure. Four titles in a row for City which I saw coming back in 2012. We may never win at the Etihad now looking at the gulf between us and them so there was our chance to be lauded for decades as the team that stopped City. Instead it will be decades of Aguerro rammed down our throats.
Hypothetical on 07:38 - May 15 with 1326 viewsloftus77

We had a watered-down version of this two seasons ago with the West Brom- Brentford scenario. We drew 2-2 at the Hawthorns (Eze's last game 😪) so it didn't matter. But there was discussion at the time. Then, as now, heart must always just about triumph over head. Rangers to win always.
Hypothetical on 08:18 - May 15 with 1209 viewskingsburyR

If we are playing in any game then I want us to win regardless of what happens outside of the four stands of our beautiful stadium.

I wanted Arsenal to win the league this year but they never got enough points so whose fault is that?

As for Spurs. Their manager afterwards got it about right. Big fancy club with a big fancy stadium and a losers mentality.

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Hypothetical on 08:52 - May 15 with 1155 viewsSuperhoop83

Hypothetical on 22:20 - May 14 by Northernr

I had a similar thing with Liverpool in the 80s. QPR have given me so much joy (and even more pain) but I don't recall celebrating any of our goals in my youth as much as I celebrated Mickey Thomas's goal to win the title at Anfield in May 1989. I had no time for Arsenal but that goal was pure ecstasy and I went mental, such was my hatred of Liverpool.

However, that was surpassed when I watched us beat Arsenal 2-0 in January 1990 from the East Paddock in the pouring rain. The video of Sansom's goal and the collective intake of breath as it arrowed towards goal and the roar as it crashed into the net still gives me goosebumps.

As for Aguero, I have mixed feelings as I never like us to lose but I wasn't unhappy at the time as I had JUST heard we were safe before he scored.
[Post edited 15 May 8:54]

Suffering since 1978.

Hypothetical on 08:57 - May 15 with 1131 viewsBAWHoops

I do get where the Spurs fans are coming from. I live and grew up in North London, really you are either Arsenal or Spurs round here and there is constant bickering and 'banter' between the fans. My group of best mates are mostly Spurs and Arsenal and they are always harping on at each other.
Really they've been similar standard for the last 15 years, which is perhaps why we can't relate to it as QPR fans. Our 3 local rivals have all passed us by and the one we hate the moist barely know we exist. There would never be a situation where I'd want us to lose so Chelsea didn't win the league. But then if they did win the league they wouldn't be lining up to rub it in the faces of QPR fans.

I think Postecoglu's sentiments are bang on, that it's fcking small time behaviour. If you're a big club you don't care about other teams, you only focus on winning yourself. It's arguably what Man City have done so well, stopped obsessing about Man United. Big, successful clubs and their fans don't worry about their rivals, they just make sure they beat them

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Hypothetical on 09:08 - May 15 with 1092 viewsBlackCrowe

Wanting your team to lose so that your rivals fail is flipping weird.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Hypothetical on 09:30 - May 15 with 1044 viewsTheChef

Hypothetical on 22:19 - May 14 by Hayesender

Haha yeah remember the journey home p1ssed off we'd thrown away a 2-1 win in injury time.

Of course had we actually beaten or drawn with City, that journey home would have been a lot more interesting.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024