Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ki is the replacement for Gylfi?! 10:36 - Sep 5 with 12481 viewssomersetsimon

I agree that Ki is better when he plays further forward, but this article is tad over-enthusiastic!
Has anyone ever seen him take a set-piece?

https://www.si.com/soccer/2017/09/05/look-no-further-swansea-city-already-have-t
Ki is the replacement for Gylfi?! on 10:45 - Sep 5 with 7260 viewsmax936

With the new additions and with Ki's injury record is he gonna be a regular starter I wonder, despite his obvious talent I can't see it myself.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Ki is the replacement for Gylfi?! on 10:51 - Sep 5 with 7239 viewsPegojack

A very shallow, superficial and uninformed Yankee analysis, if I may say so.

Siggy's gone, get over it. We don't need a replacement, we're going to play in a totally different way. Whilst Wilf may appreciate the odd cross, Abraham's game is based on pace on the floor. And to suggest that we haven't got a player who can put in decent free kicks and corners is frankly laughable. We've already seen Carroll and Mesa do it.

Offence, defence, backward receiver, line of scrimmage - shove it up your posterior and leave team selection to Paul Clement, he's forgotten more than you will ever know.
[Post edited 5 Sep 2017 10:52]
Ki is the replacement for Gylfi?! on 11:18 - Sep 5 with 7178 views34dfgdf54

Clement rates Ki very highly there is no doubt about that. Can't really see where he is going to fit in now Sanches has arrived though.
Ki is the replacement for Gylfi?! on 11:39 - Sep 5 with 7121 viewstheloneranger

Ki is the replacement for Gylfi?! on 11:18 - Sep 5 by 34dfgdf54

Clement rates Ki very highly there is no doubt about that. Can't really see where he is going to fit in now Sanches has arrived though.

When he played for Celtic he seemed to have one hell of a shot in both feet, great link up play and loads of energy.

Where has that Ki gone??
[Post edited 5 Sep 2017 12:03]

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Ki is the replacement for Gylfi?! on 11:47 - Sep 5 with 7107 viewsSheffieldjack

Ki is the replacement for Gylfi?! on 10:51 - Sep 5 by Pegojack

A very shallow, superficial and uninformed Yankee analysis, if I may say so.

Siggy's gone, get over it. We don't need a replacement, we're going to play in a totally different way. Whilst Wilf may appreciate the odd cross, Abraham's game is based on pace on the floor. And to suggest that we haven't got a player who can put in decent free kicks and corners is frankly laughable. We've already seen Carroll and Mesa do it.

Offence, defence, backward receiver, line of scrimmage - shove it up your posterior and leave team selection to Paul Clement, he's forgotten more than you will ever know.
[Post edited 5 Sep 2017 10:52]

While Siggy was excellent at free kicks, of that there is no doubt, it could be argued that Carroll's corner kicks have even been an improvement.
Ki is the replacement for Gylfi?! on 12:22 - Sep 5 with 7012 viewsLegend83

Credit where it is due, Ki is a wonderful technical player. His deft first touch at 1:51 to put the ball in the exact spot to score is a thing of beauty.

I think he would be a major asset played further up the field, where his tendency to bottle out of the defensive side would not be such an issue.

Would love to see some of those 25 yard screamers too!
Ki is the replacement for Gylfi?! on 12:27 - Sep 5 with 6994 viewsDr_Winston

Ki is the replacement for Gylfi?! on 11:39 - Sep 5 by theloneranger

When he played for Celtic he seemed to have one hell of a shot in both feet, great link up play and loads of energy.

Where has that Ki gone??

Left behind in the Scottish pub league probably.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Ki is the replacement for Gylfi?! on 13:02 - Sep 5 with 6904 viewssomersetsimon

Ki is the replacement for Gylfi?! on 11:39 - Sep 5 by theloneranger

Where has that Ki gone??

Also when he was on loan at Sunderland and when he plays for his country he does seem to player further forward. I'm pretty sure he was further up the pitch in that season when he was player of the year with us.
Login to get fewer ads

Ki is the replacement for Gylfi?! on 13:09 - Sep 5 with 6874 viewsItchySphincter

Ki is the replacement for Gylfi?! on 10:45 - Sep 5 by max936

With the new additions and with Ki's injury record is he gonna be a regular starter I wonder, despite his obvious talent I can't see it myself.

Me neither, based on the fact that he's f*cking useless.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Ki is the replacement for Gylfi?! on 13:22 - Sep 5 with 6827 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Our play improved drastically when Ki began starting games towards the end of last season. He does something only Fer in our midfield is able to do, receive the ball in a tight spot and actually drive forward instead of passing it sideways. Hopefully we'll soon learn that Clucas can do it too.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Ki is the replacement for Gylfi?! on 13:34 - Sep 5 with 6786 viewsLoyal

If he plays again etc .....

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Ki is the replacement for Gylfi?! on 13:59 - Sep 5 with 6731 viewsJFSwan

Correct.

Ki was excellent in our final push for survival and was more reliable than Fer.

Prejudice often gets in the way of praise.

However,
There's now a lot of competition for a space in midfield.

Leon
Fulton
Ki
Fer
Carrol
Mesa
Clucas
Sanchez
Ki is the replacement for Gylfi?! on 14:07 - Sep 5 with 6703 viewsLoyal

Ki is the replacement for Gylfi?! on 13:59 - Sep 5 by JFSwan

Correct.

Ki was excellent in our final push for survival and was more reliable than Fer.

Prejudice often gets in the way of praise.

However,
There's now a lot of competition for a space in midfield.

Leon
Fulton
Ki
Fer
Carrol
Mesa
Clucas
Sanchez

What prejudice would this be

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Ki is the replacement for Gylfi?! on 14:09 - Sep 5 with 6697 viewsveng9

We saw in our 1-4 victory against West Ham that Ki has the ability to become our playmaker. He was making passes that I wouldn't expect Sigurdsson to make and also got into a goal scoring position. Sigursson didn't play that match so Ki was allowed to become the main playmaker. During that match we also played a front 3 of Barrow Ayew and Routledge which is a more mobile front line than what Ki is normally playing behind. I wouldn't be surprised if in our current set up Ki would be able to step up as a play maker.
Ki is the replacement for Gylfi?! on 14:15 - Sep 5 with 6685 viewsSwan91

Ki is the replacement for Gylfi?! on 14:09 - Sep 5 by veng9

We saw in our 1-4 victory against West Ham that Ki has the ability to become our playmaker. He was making passes that I wouldn't expect Sigurdsson to make and also got into a goal scoring position. Sigursson didn't play that match so Ki was allowed to become the main playmaker. During that match we also played a front 3 of Barrow Ayew and Routledge which is a more mobile front line than what Ki is normally playing behind. I wouldn't be surprised if in our current set up Ki would be able to step up as a play maker.

Agree he has looked decent when he plays in the AM role... would actually be interested in seeing him in the position again..
Ki is the replacement for Gylfi?! on 14:37 - Sep 5 with 6630 viewsjasper_T

Ki is the replacement for Gylfi?! on 13:02 - Sep 5 by somersetsimon

Also when he was on loan at Sunderland and when he plays for his country he does seem to player further forward. I'm pretty sure he was further up the pitch in that season when he was player of the year with us.

He's almost always played the deepest midfield role for South Korea. Never seen him play a proper AM role for them, as they have players like Son and Koo who fit more naturally there.
Ki is the replacement for Gylfi?! on 15:13 - Sep 5 with 6567 viewsSwan91

Ki is the replacement for Gylfi?! on 14:37 - Sep 5 by jasper_T

He's almost always played the deepest midfield role for South Korea. Never seen him play a proper AM role for them, as they have players like Son and Koo who fit more naturally there.

no... Son is more of a winger/striker for them and Koo is central midfield.. not that attacking.. depending on the opposition he changes between AM and almost CDM... but the cdm is just him roaming around the midfield and lays passes off to the wingers/strikers. He works best with them when he is AM
Ki is the replacement for Gylfi?! on 15:17 - Sep 5 with 6557 viewsJFSwan

The one where on-one likes Ki
Ki is the replacement for Gylfi?! on 16:20 - Sep 5 with 6465 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Ki is the replacement for Gylfi?! on 15:17 - Sep 5 by JFSwan

The one where on-one likes Ki

So not liking a player who is playing way below his best for 2 whole seasons, who won't commit to tackles and puts his national team before his club (who pay his high lifestyle wages) is being "prejudiced" now?
Ki is the replacement for Gylfi?! on 16:36 - Sep 5 with 6435 viewsSgorioFruit

Ki is shite

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Ki is the replacement for Gylfi?! on 16:46 - Sep 5 with 6407 viewsjack247

We have just signed 3 midfielders and people want Ki back in the team?
Ki is the replacement for Gylfi?! on 16:47 - Sep 5 with 6401 viewspencoedjack

Ki is the replacement for Gylfi?! on 16:46 - Sep 5 by jack247

We have just signed 3 midfielders and people want Ki back in the team?

Ki will have a part to play this season & as others have said the gaffer likes him
Ki is the replacement for Gylfi?! on 17:06 - Sep 5 with 6348 viewsmonmouth

I like Ki. Good player. Give him a solid base to play off and he will be fine.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Ki is the replacement for Gylfi?! on 17:20 - Sep 5 with 6330 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Ki is the replacement for Gylfi?! on 17:06 - Sep 5 by monmouth

Leon & Ki together are a great pairing.

He's better than Leon now ,due to age he's also better than

Fulton
Fer
Clucas
Carrol
Mesa

No coincidence he was ever present in the midfield during last seasons great escape.

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Ki is the replacement for Gylfi?! on 17:22 - Sep 5 with 6329 viewsmax936

Ki is the replacement for Gylfi?! on 17:06 - Sep 5 by monmouth

As long as he hasn't got to dig in and grind and graft yes, as soon as the chips are down he starts to run around trying to look busy without actually doing anything.
He did play well in the last few games of the season and he did have one influential season when he came back from Sunderland.........................

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024